Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Two Questions, One Question/Suggestion...Thingy.

Started by Anonymous, July 10, 2009, 11:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Seeing Kiyu's dragon character made me itch to join a dragon rider in Adela. =D

But, looking through Adela's information, there seems to be no information about them. <.< I know they're there! Can't fool me! :3 RotE says so.

Anyway, I was wondering by what process a soldier would be picked to become a dragon rider and all of that jazz. =D Mainly I am curious about how the bond is formed, what is the bond (for instance, the Dragon/Pilot bond is psychic), what training regimen is there, etc. Mesa loves da juicy deetails.

...If I ever pull a Jar-Jar again, somebody slap me. <.<

Switching topics here, I was wondering what happened to the "All The Lands of Earth" board. I faintly remember it lurking around near the bottom of the forum but...ya.

Also! I was wondering if there'd be a chance that a Debate board could be inoculated within the General Discussion boards. ;D I realize that there would need to be various rules and blah to prevent people from being stupid and I'll gladly help getting the thing to take (be it by helping come up with rules or whatever is deemed necessary). ^.^ After all, I don't except to be able to suggest something then sit back and let others work, if it even is approved. X.x

I also realize that I need to say why I think this is would be a good idea. This could be a very good way to delve into how other members think, find out their opinions about stuff, etc. I recognize that people can get...testy about certain topics but I feel that, as long as there are rules in place to keep people civil, things will run smoothly. Something such as this would be a great way to expand ones horizons and learn about topics that are either not known or known only from one side.

Hmm. I meant for the first part to be the main part of the topic buuuut <.< the second part kind of ran away with me. >.>

Thank you for your time,
-Crono

EDIT: I feel like I need to make myself clearer about the Debate sub-board. While the General Discussion board is there to facilitate such behavior, the feeling I get from it is one that is too laid back to promote the level of serious discussion necessary to make a good debate. Hence it's own area. =D

Anonymous

Adela does not have an official dragon rider army yet. This is before that time.

Anonymous

Teehee. Before that time.

It's only a teeny bit before, the fleet is mostly eggs right now I think. There's a thread going on currently where the King is showing the regent the dragon eggs, maybe talk to Tally and ask her if you can bring in a solider with a dragon friend already? Help get the big'ol'fleet going? ^_^

I dunno about that last one |: Rhi takes care of that stuff. *shuffles off*

Tally

We're building up to the official release of the dragonriders, but you could join a soldier who has bonded to a dragon in some way! The people who live in Adela's mountain villages had begun forming such bonds with dragons, and riding them as well. This is where the court got the idea to incorporate them into the army. :3 So even though the first clutch of eggs hasn't hatched, you could totally join a dragonrider who has enlisted in the army. Once we release them officially, we'll have all the details about training and a couple new boards for them too!  They'll get their own stronghold to live and train in.

And if enough people would like a debate board, we can start one up. (: Maybe start a discussion in the GD board to see if people are interested?

I'm not sure where the "All the lands of Earth" board went, but we could pretty easily add it back, or something similar to it. P: To hold the threads that take place in locations not represented by other boards.

Anonymous

Erk! Upon closer reading I found the thread with the eggs and the dragon idea stuff and...X.x I need to do more research before asking stuff. P:

I'd love to be the first to take a juicy bite out of the dragon rider stuff. =D Makes me feel better about being lazy about certain threads I need to update. <.< *lazy*

Alrighty then! ^.^ Poll in teh GD it is then! P: Need to think of how I want to word things so people will like it. >.> I'll set the poll to run for thirty days. Think that'll be long enough?

Three different "paragraphs," three different topics! Yay for no easy connections between the three in the reading! :3

I've taken to using a lot more smileys. I'm not sure why.