Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Want a villain?

Started by Anonymous, July 12, 2009, 03:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'm feeling a bit evil and would like to volunteer to play the part of someone's nemesis. If you don't have a nemesis, we can start up a brand new enmity right now!

We can use this thread to sort out the details of the character, who I am of course fine with having killed at the end of the plot, just as long as they get to look like they might be about to win for a while. Harmless villains are just no fun. :wink:

Anonymous

Heheh, Zero could use a few enemies just for the fun of showing how powerful he can be.... lol. Something like those army-dudes in that Code-geass episode I have posted in the general section... maybe I'll do the same thing that Lelouch did... :P

Anonymous

Not everything has to be adapted from Code Geass, you know. :|

Not that I'm not happy to oblige, I'm just saying.

Edit: Also, like I said, I'm not interested in being a jobber. I want to pose a legitimate threat, not just make a hero look good.

Anonymous

Oh, you can be a legitimate threat and still make the hero look good... :P

Anonymous

Well, let's at least not rip off the exact scene, then. :P

So. To be a plausible threat to the overpowered Chosen-One-type-guy, he's going to have to avoid straight-up contests of badassery. I've always liked the sneaky-evil con-artist magnificent-bastard type...

Anonymous

lol, you ever see those movies/shows/cartoons with the bumbling-idiot type bad guys that are still a threat to the hero and still manage to make the good guy look better than before? lol, I like those kinds of bad guys... ^^ Y'know, like Draco Malfoy or something... :P

Anonymous

What about doing something related to the empty Serendipity throne? Someone evil could make a move for the seat of power, portraying themselves as a benevolent being while really they're a baddy. I'd be happy to work something out with you! =]

Anonymous

Well, I like competent villainy, with heroes that only come out on top by the skin of their teeth, so that's pretty much what you're going to get if you ask me to play the antagonist. :mrgreen:

Anonymous

*shrug* sounds alright with me. I was just asking if you had ever seen those shows before... :P

Anonymous

@Larian: ...Villain with good PR. I like it. Do I get to disappear people? :mrgreen:

@Bugger: I have seen them, and I loathe them, so yeah. If you don't want to take a serious hit, you might want to find someone else to be the baddie.

Anonymous

I wasn't saying I wasn't going to take a serious hit, as long as it doesn't kill my guy -instantly- and gives Rose (I'm just gonna call her Rose, Joelle, easier to remember... ^^) the chance to practice her healing spell... ^^

Anonymous

Really, at the moment, I'm more interested in the Serenian politician...

...so now I need to know more about Serenian politics, I've devoted most of my attention to Connlaoth so far. Like, how's the country being run in the ruler's absence? That kind of thing.

Anonymous

I'm sure you'd be able to cause people to...shall we say, "go on vacation". xD We should probably talk to the admin about this because it is based around a main plot.

I'm just imagining it: this slimy, deceitful person has all but secured a place on the throne, enthralling the people of Serendipity with their facade of good intent. They're "offering a light to the country in a time of darkness", or so it seems. A few who know otherwise attempt separately to, fruitlessly, make the truth known. They find each other and come together in a last desperate attempt to expose the baddy for what he/she really is. Only by a stroke of luck do they plant the seed of doubt in the heads of some of Arca's citizens. Once that seed of doubt it planted the baddy's plan begins to unravel, slowly. The country is torn between the "savior" and the rebels and an all out tug-o-war takes place between the two, the baddy having an upper hand. Then--as you said--the rebels come out with a win by the skin of their teeth.

How they do that, I'm not sure. =) I'm not sure how they'll plant that seed of doubt, either, but I'm sure that'll be worked out in the roleplay.

What d'ya think?

Anonymous

I like the way you think. :D

The one thing I always wonder about villains that want the throne, though, is "why would their having it be bad?" So there'll need to be some plan for what they'd do afterward that's undesirable.

Maybe declaring war on Connlaoth? Which would get people killed, validate their xenophobic tendencies, all kinds of bad stuff, but could understandably appeal to some people. Especially mage refugees with vividly unpleasant memories. Maybe the baddie even thinks they're justified in seizing power to accomplish it.

Or something else, of course, if you have a better idea.

Anonymous

No! That sounds like a wonderful idea! There's nothing like a bad guy who believes they are doing something for the good of all. War on Connlaoth it is! I see a majority of Serendipity backing the baddy simply because Connlaoth is so unreceptive to magic.

Perhaps we could have a couple of representatives from Serendipity go to Connlaoth to forge a better relationship between the two and fail, one of those being our baddy. He/she will be outraged by Connlaoth's "ignorance and intolerance" and because they could not do it peacefully then it must be done by force. Propaganda and over exaggerated stories about the meeting would rally the people behind our antagonist. The other person/people who went to Connlaoth with him/her could maybe lead the opposition.

Anonymous

I was thinking of involving an exceptionally embittered refugee, myself. Of course, there's no reason they couldn't both happen.

Of course, if they get popular support for their actual plan then they might better be brought down in the dark, by politicking or general sneakiness- running a rebellion without the support of the population is a fancy way of saying you're a bandit. So it's sneakiness, or else they're hiding something, though maybe not that aspect. (Possibly the refugee's magic is mind-affecting. Just thinking out loud...)

Anonymous

Oo. Im all ears for makeing villains.  and the people of Serendipity are nice people. A nation of free thinkers and magic.

THEY ARE NOT SPARTANS ohh sorry i meant Adelans

Anonymous

Magic isn't always a sign of niceness. :P And just because it's the "live and let live" country doesn't make it Marysuetopia; let's get some morally gray up in there!

Seriously, there need to be more evil Serenians. Why are there no human traffickers selling the poor lost Connlaoth mages with nowhere else to turn as slaves? That's a massively exploitable resource, right there. Does Cerenis have organized crime?

...darn it, now I want to play a Serenian cop.

Anonymous

Larian isn't evil...but she's all about advancement. If murder would get her something she wanted and she'd be able to get away with it she wouldn't hesitate. Well, she would because she's never killed someone before, but she would eventually kill whomever needed to be killed. Most likely she'd hire someone else to do the killing.

How's that for morally gray? Eh?

That human trafficking thing? GOLDEN! And I wonder the same thing about Cerenis. One would assume so, it being a busy city with lots of different people coming and going. That type of environment would allow organized crime to thrive.

Anonymous

See, this is why you're awesome. It being a fantasy universe doesn't mean we all have to be good or evil, you know? Feudal societies have spoiled aristocrats, it's a fact of life, so we need at least one.

I have to admit, human trafficking was one of the first things I thought of when reading about mage-rescue. How likely is it that everyone is helping them out of the kindness of their hearts, really? And Jarlath came from the thought "Just because someone's a member of an oppressed minority doesn't mean they're not a nasty small-minded little jerk"...