Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Exploring the City (Kiyu and Open)

Started by shinigamikitsune, July 05, 2009, 12:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinigamikitsune

It was early evening, just shortly after the sun had set. Tymah crept into the city for the second night in a row. Having explored part of it the night before, he was determined to finish exploring this night if he could. He didn't feel the need to hide his features as he had the night before. Having seen so many different beings the night before, he was certain that he would be safe from being harassed because of how he looked.

Tymah was on a bit of a mission tonight as well. When he'd first arrived on the surface, he'd met a being that told him of tinted glasses, and how they might help with his day blindness. Such a thing would be very helpful to him, however he had yet to find anybody that was able to craft such a marvel.

So that is where he could be found, walking through the market stalls that were still open for the evening. He would pause now and then to look something over before going on his way.

Anonymous

Serendipity was a place that never ceased to interest Kyeros.
There was always so much magic around, he could practically see it drifting through the air. It was dusk now though. So Kyeros was walking in near darkness, occasionally a passer-by would bump his shoulder and murmur an apology. But other than that, the priest could tell he was going to be in for a pretty boring night.
He raised a hand and called some light to his fingertips, after yet another person brushed his shoulder. At least now he'd be visible to them.

He raised that same hand to his chest and strolled aimlessly down the lane. He turned into a newer street, shops and stalls riddled the road. Kye couldn't help the smile that crept upon his lips. He'd always enjoyed people-watching. Shopping was a great way to watch them interact, especially the ladies. They seemed so possessive over some of those items.. frankly, it confused him.

Raising a free hand to brush some of his purple hair from his eyes, he continued walking, eyes darting here and there.
This time it was him that wasn't watching. His shoulder lightly bumped another. He turned to apologize, but his eyes landed on rigid blue horns. He blinked, and his eyes flicked down to meet bright silver ones.
He lowered the light down to the... whatever it was's face. His skin was blue. His hair! It was purple too! Kye smiled at the... well... guy.

"And who might you be?" he asked, his smile turning into a grin. Maybe tonight wasn't going to be so bad. This purple-haired creature was something new indeed! Kye wanted to know what he was. He'd never seen anything quite like him.

shinigamikitsune

Tymah's shoulder had brushed against another person's, and he turned in order to apologise as well. Though he was taken back by the light that was brought to his face. He closed his eyes some so that they could adjust, not having expected for a person to do such a thing.

Since coming to the Surface World, Tymah had learned that once people saw what he was they would tend to act in strange ways. Mostly blurting out the first thing that came to mind. Most of the time they weren't so bad, but sometimes it was just rude. Thankfully this man didn't seem to appear to be like one of those rude ones.

"I am called Tymah, Seventh Prince of the Kil-Dar-Ah region."

Anonymous

Kye's face lit up.
Yes, he'd heard of this type. The... Tarrin, if he remembered correctly. He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped upon seeing Tymah look away from his light. So he balled his hand into a fist, putting it out.

He was a prince too. Now that was surprising. Ky smiled, and offered his hand for Tymah to shake, "And I am Kyeros Valens. Or just... Kye," He chucked, his own name sounding bland in comparison to Tymah's.

He cocked his head to the side slightly, looking over the Tarrin. "I've... read a little about your kind. What are you doing on the surface world?" he asked, scratching the back of his head thoughtfully.

Yes, he'd found a few books that told of such creatures as the Tarrin. But he'd never seen one for himself. He'd mostly thought them legends, or that they had died long ago. So seeing one, spiked Kye's curiosity a fair bit. He didn't let it show though, he didn't want to appear rude.

Anonymous

Part of being an explorer was... well, exploring.  Roose had been in the city for little more than a week, the place so rich he still found himself discovering things.  Learning about the varied people here.  This evening, a walk through the market allowed him to watch and listen and hear and scent and pattern many interesting people, many interesting things.  Many... tasty things.  Whatever had been on that stick, the scent had caught his attention, and the warm, grilled, savory taste had delighted his tongue, while the stick now served as a chew-toy.  Though he was careful not to chew too hard, so the flavor still lingering on the stick would last.  Yet something else caught his attention, as he paced through the evening's crowd, careful of his tail, so it wouldn't be stepped on.  Or trip anyone up....

This evening felt not too cold, not to hot... felt just right, as a slight breeze rufled his fur and an odd light caught his eyes.  Mane fluffed, ears and seelers alert, the young 'Twill named Roose couldn't help but hear the one with the light speak with the shorter non-human.  Both these individuals had unusual patterns.  The human one... the one with the light, now extinguished... had that odd pattern-distortion he'd seen around others in this place, before.  Reason for the light, yes.  Every one of these odd patterns, different, though they tended to manifest their distortions at the same quantum-arc frequency levels.  Spin, slightly tilted and unstable.

A magic user....

Staff in one hand, stick in mouth, free hand twirling said stick across his tongue, before using it to pick between canines, Roose made his way through the remaining crowd, eyes roving the stalls, his pace ending at the stall next to the two odd ones.  Not really odd, in his mind.  The smaller male non-human, of a species he'd never seen before.  The larger male human, not all that remarkable in looks, though his eyes held a brightness Roose  recognized.  Stick held in teeth, the young 'Twill idly waved his tail's tuft in the other two's direction, as he nodded politely towards a woman just taking her leave of the stall next door... one that sold "sparklies".  Though such jewelry held much attraction for the females of his species, his own interest in this merchant's wares focused not on himself, but on Chorri, his intended.  Far away in distance, but always near in his heart and mind.  Perhaps he could find something for her?  If not, he could at least learn, by the simple expedient of asking...

...  "Please, tell me something...."  A glance towards the two, another wave of tail's tuft in their direction, his words and accent a bit distorted by the stick held between his teeth...  "Would this appeal to that special lady haunting either one of your dreams?"

Roose held up a chained bauble of small size, but quite impressive shine, evident even in the poor marketplace light.........

shinigamikitsune

Tymah's interest was perked. This man.. this Kye... he'd heard of the Tarrin's? Or at least read about them. That was something he hadn't expected. He'd been certain that enough time had passed since the Ancient War that any trace of them would be lost. His attention was fully given to Kye right now.

"You've read about my kind? I would have thought that any mention of us had long been lost to time. Where did you come across such a book? Are there other's who know?" His curiosity ran deep, and his thirst for answers and knowledge about Surface Worlder's was just a strong. He wondered just how much this youngling knew about his kind, and whether it was truth or fictions. While Kye might have thought that his speak was rather common, it was still exotic as far as the Princeling was concerned.

He was about to go off into another round of questions when another creature waved his tail for their attention and asked a question of his own. His bright white eyes looked over the chained bauble that the man was holding up. Tilting his head he looked it over. It appeared pretty enough, and the metal the chain was made from seemed of high quality. However he wasn't sure if he could answer the question. "While I can speak about if it were to appeal to a special lady in my life, since I know there isn't going to be one... I can say, however, that it would be something very appealing to recieve from a suitor."

Anonymous

Questions streamed from the Tarrin's mouth quickly. Kye soon found himself chuckling lightly, before he nodded, "My old home had a vast library," he began, "I used to gather as many books about mythology as I could. The Tarrin were mentioned a few times.. but only briefly." He shook his head, still bemused that he had come across a member of a race long thought dead in a market.

He shook his head at Tymah's next question, "I wouldn't know, there were only very brief mentions of you," he said, placing a hand on Tymah's shoulder, as if to reassure him.

Then a movement caught Kye's emerald gaze, they fell on another creature. At first glance, Kye had dismissed it for some sort of young dragon. But looking more closely, he realized it was something different entirely.
His hand slid from the Tarrin's shoulder as the newer creature spoke. As if it was a mere human.

Kye felt awfully out of place. His slightly pointed ears and oddly coloured hair and eyes didn't really set him out from the norm, but he wasn't entirely human. He'd live to be far older than an average human, that much had been promised when he'd turned nineteen, and despite the stress he'd brought upon his body, he'd never grown a gray hair.

Kye scratched the back of his head again, eyeing the pendant the newer creature was holding up. He heard what Tymah had said, and blinked. Interesting, he didn't think there was going to be a special lady... ?
Something he'd read bounced back into his mind, something... The Tarrin found their mate by hearing a song. Something of the like.. obviously Tymah hadn't heard his.. that or he... wasn't interested.

Kye looked back to the creature and shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck now, "I can't really say either, I haven't really had experience enough with a lady myself to know," he chucked dryly, that was true enough. He'd had two other partners in his life, both had been male. But he shrugged, and gestured with an arm at the necklace, "But by all means, if someone was to give it to me I'd be happy" he laughed again.

He looked back to the Tarrin and at the newer creature, he had so many questions he wanted to ask, but he couldn't. It would be terribly rude to hurtle a heap of questions at the pair, just because they weren't exactly human.
The other creature was only a few inches taller than Kye, and the priest wanted to know as much as he could about it.

As if out of habit, Kye's left hand went to the sleeve of his gray undershirt and he rolled the loose sleeves up another roll.
He stopped himself from inviting them both for a drink. Figuring it'd be odd if either of them didn't like any of the human drinks or food.
How was he supposed to know?

Aw, what the hell, "It.. it is getting dark" he began, bringing both his hands up behind his head and resting his hands beneath his hairtye, as if he was stretching, "Either of you have somewhere you need to be?" he asked, grinning at both of them, the patch on his chin stretching ever so slightly.

Anonymous

Man..........

Indeed, Roose was male.  But not a man, by any means.  Not dragon, either.  Something different.  Exotic.  Alien.  And a bit homesick.  The blood in his veins, warm and (oddly enough) red.  Chest, rising and falling with each inhale and exhale of breath, visible movement through the open front of his Nute... his traditional, wing-covering vest.  A fierce, wild brightness in his eyes, animal yet intelligent.  Power and grace to his movements, as he held the bauble up on the end of a fingerclaw, to give it a much closer look, after the two gave their opinions on it.  Yes, it certainly caught the eye, its radiant patterns quite beautiful.

So, a toothy grin towards the laugh-echos, stick poking out one side of his muzzle like a slender cigarette.  A nod to the two, a nod to the merchant anxiously awaiting either merchandise back or payment.  Brief words with the merchant, on price.  Another nod, then payment made.  Bauble, safely secured in a beltpouch....

Heavy toeclaws on oversized feet, scraped pavement stones with a single step.  Then halted.  Emerald gaze fell on emerald gaze, as a statement was made and a question asked.  For a brief moment, consideration.  Then a bow to the questioner and the other, a low sweep of honor made to expose the line of script embroidered down the spine of his Nute.  Not that these two would be able to read it, but tradition and practice made this greeting form automatic.  Eyes closed, head held out, ears and seelers held back, staff held in both clawed hands close to chest, horizontal with the ground.  Digitigrade legs and long tail made this pose easier than it looked.  Practice made it look graceful and civilized, a controlled expression of trust balanced with care.  For a 'Twill, eyes closed did not mean "blind"... and the position of his staff would have provided for its immediate use, should any he greet in this manner choose to attack.  Roose was young, but well-trained...

...  "No..."  He rose from his greeting, ran stick through teeth and over pale green tongue for another taste, as the end of his staff tapped ground...  "nowhere else I need to be."  Another pause for consideration...

...  "I am Roose, of the CityHome Hurro'Tau'ta.  May the coming night bring more than darkness and stars...."

shinigamikitsune

Tymah couldn't help but look the other man over now that he saw how different he was. Up until now, he hadn't met another humanoid that looked completely different from the Humans. Sure he had seen the different varient races, but they all had foundations that were simular to those of a human. It was at this moment, that he didn't feel so out of place for the first time since coming to the Surface World.

His attention turned back to Kye, and he nodded. "There is nowhere that I must be this night. Having only just arrived in this wonderous city last night, I am still taking my time to explore the fanstastical sights it has."

He blinked at Roose as he spoke, and tilting his head slightly in curiosity. "What else would the night bring, besides the darkness and stars. While I am more then familuar with the darkness, I must admit that I have never seen anything such as the stars in all my years before coming to the Surface World. I had heard about them told in tale, but enver believed that they would be this spectacular and beautiful."

Anonymous

Roose.
Well, an odd name indeed. Then again, so was Tymah.

Kye felt obligated to bow back as Roose introduced himself, and so he did, "Kyeros Valens, or Kye," he pointed his thumb to his chest, and grinned at Roose through his bangs, before looking back to Tymah, "This here's Tymah, only met him a few moments ago too,"

Upon both of their statements that they didn't have anywhere to be, Kye smiled at them both, "Well then" he lowered his arms back to his sides, "Since you're new here" he looked at Tymah and winked, "and theres a lady haunting your dreams" he grinned at Roose, "How bout' I take you both to get something to eat or drink, on me." he chuckled again.

He tilted his head slightly when Tymah admitted to not having seen many stars before, and he nodded slowly to himself. Yes, the Tarrin lived below the surface, meaning it was almost always night time.. a night with no stars or moon.
A smile grew upon the priests lips again, "Well, Tymah... I might know a good place to go to that you'll be able to see the stars." he nodded.

He looked to Roose and Tymah, "Thats.. if you're both willing to come?" he asked, linking his hands behind his back, and grinning at the both of them again.

Roose's name was peculiar. Though Kye had seen similar creatures to him in the past, he'd never had the chance to speak with any of them. As with Tymah, he'd never thought he'd get the chance to speak with a Tarrin.  
He was going to have a good time tonight.

Anonymous

Tymah would need to look a second time, perhaps, to fully understand that Roose fit not only outside the human and dragon classification, but wasn't even remotely humanoid, except for sharing bilateral symmetry.  Perhaps both the human-elf and Tarrin had earlier missed the light given off by the young 'Twill's H'rik Eye?  Yes, his Eye, a crystaline structure set in the middle of his forehead, capped by a pair of layered horn-scales that shielded the root of his central seeler... one of three whippish feeler-antenna set in his skull, the other two set one each, just above and ahead of each oversized, battish ear.  His mane, not only fluffable, but providing a cushion for his seelers, when they slicked back over his skull and curved down the back of his neck... mane, continuing down past the collar of his Nute to shoulders, where his hidden wings joined to his body.  Neck, longer than human, shoulders narrow, arms more forelimbs, his physiology able to walk upright or on all fours with equal comfort.  His short, loose-fit cargo pants covering his unusual mammalian assets, yet cut to expose the oil glands on his inner thighs.  Slight scent of musk in air, not unpleasant.  Tail long, slender, thickly tufted on the end.  All digits, hands and feet, clawed.  Feet so heavily clawed, they could kick in a car door with little effort... legs, muscled enough to do so.  Body, slender and atheletic.  But not remotely humanoid in form.  More beastial.  Animal, in nature.........

As for the light given off by his Eye?  Well, that light had been what caused the bauble to shine so fine even in the dim-lit evening marketplace.  Even though this Eye-light had been low, barely a glow then and after.

Till now.........

Though Roose had eavesdropped their names before, he accepted the formal introductions and took pleasure at Kyeros Valens'... at Kye's grin and chuckle.  In a way, this Kye reminded him of his pada uncle Timmor.  Well, a more reserved version, but still a reminder.  Then the invite.  A thoughtful look lit Roose's eyes, not just the two emerald green, but the bluewhite Eye in his forehead, as a smile split his muzzled expression...

... and his tongue licked one last time over his stick.

Yes, the taste had been pretty much licked away.  So, in his moment of consideration, Roose removed stick from mouth, held it casually out, very briefly flared his Eye...

... and the stick vaporized in a brief flash of firelight and heat.  A moment more in consideration, while he licked a bit of ash off fingertips and claws.

A look towards Tymah...

...  "The night would also bring conversation... and new friendships, perhaps?"

A look towards Kye...

...  "I would be most willing to come...."

Indeed, what little he'd eaten had been mere snacks, and he could definitely use a drink.  This, and Roose never avoided a chance to meet new people.  Or a chance to learn.........

shinigamikitsune

These two people certainly did seem friendly enough. So what harm could come to him by spending a few hours with them. Plus hadn't that been one of the reasons why he'd some to the Surface World? To interact with the beings on the surface and see how they reacted to his presence.

He bowed politely when Kye introduced him to Roose. To him, all the names of beings on the surface world were mostly strange to him, so he didn't understand that Kye might think Roose's name strange and vice versa.

With the offer of food and drink, Tymah nodded with a smile. "That would be very nice, actually."

His attention was then taken by Roose once again. Upon closer inspection, he realized just how different this being was. He'd have to ask permission later if he'd be allowed to draw him. No doubt the scholar's back home would love to see this, and add it into their books.

He blinked wide eyed when the stick vaporized. Personal space wasn't something that Tarrin's were known for. They knew how to keep a distance most of the time. However, that was only most of the time. Tymah's curiosity caught the better of him and he was within Roose's personal bubble of space, with a dozen questions running through his mind. "How did you do that? It was like what happens when the kindle hits the molten flow deep within." Oh how he wanted to reach out and touch that Eye of Roose's, but that would be pushing things a little too far.

Tymah backed away once he calmed his curiosity back down. Converstation and new friends. Now that was a great combination. He looked back to Kye and nodded. "I would love to join the both of you. As long as the place isn't too brightly lit. I'm afraid my eyesight within brightly lit areas is about akin to what human eyesight is during the late evening."

Anonymous

Well, well. Roose was something else entirely too. Kye had to stop himself from staring as he watched the... creature make the stick he had been licking, disappear. The priest gave a small bemused smile, and shook his head.

It seemed Tymah too was taken by surprise with Roose's action. For he held that same look Kye had managed to fight off his own face. He chuckled quietly.
But for now, the eye on Roose's head held Kye attention. What was it? Some sort of enchanted stone? No.. it looked genuinely like an eye.

Then he looked away when Roose accepted his offer. Followed by Tymah. He smiled, well as Roose had said, new friendships. Kye was always open for that.
He nodded, yes, living below the surface world would provide sensitivity to light, perhaps that was why Tymah was out as ate as he was.
"Alright, the place I have in mind isn't too far." he beckoned for his two.. odd companions to follow him, as he made his way down the street... around the corner... and then pausing.

He glanced up, and smiled. He liked this place, the rooftop was open for sitting on, small tables and chairs were each set up there, and the stars were visible. If they sat on the roof. Kye did want to though, it would be nice if Tymah got to look at them a little more. Hopefully some of Kye's questions could be answered once they were comfortable. He turned to look at the both of them, "Does this place look alright?" he asked, not wanting to take them somewhere they had no liking for.

The restaurant itself seemed like a decent one, it sold drinks and food. Even if the two of them didn't eat human food, there was still drinks. Water even.
He paused, as his mind went blank, before Kye bursted into laughter anyway, lifting one arm over his stomach.
The entire situation he was in seemed so... insanely ridiculous.
Here he was, offering a prince of a race long thought dead, and some creature he'd never seen before drinks and food in the dead of night.
He gripped his stomach as his laughter still came. Recovering soon after, he gripped his aching sides, looking at his companions with a grin, "'pologies." he said, chucking once in spite of what he had just done.

He looked back to the building again, still feeling light headed from his onslaught of laughter. He was hungry too...
He just hoped that he hadn't scared them too much with his outburst then.

Anonymous

Indeed, though it was crystaline in nature, the Eye visible on Roose's forehead actually extended into his forehead, with a socket all its own.  Though it was an "eye" in name only.  An Eye that gave off light, rather than received it... and more.  Gave off a light his seelers could "see" by, as well as his genuine eyes.  As well as any eyes made to perceive light-energy.  A quantum flux light, somewhat like that of a light-emitting diode.  Yet packed with far more energy, something not all that safe for others to touch...

... good thing Tymah didn't push things a little too far.  No, wouldn't do for the curious Tarrin to lose his hand, in the same way the stick had been "lost"....

Fortunately, 'Twill had no real sense of personal space, just as they had no real sense of other sensibilities, perhaps familair to human-elf and Tarrin.  With the reverse being also true.  Roose knew much of other species, having learned such as part of his explorer training... not to mention a very early childhood interest in the subject, what had ultimately led to his choice of life-profession.  As a species with few social taboos, yet capable of formalities and rituals and social graces, 'Twill could make "interesting" company.  Being not only non-human and non-humanoid in nature, came the added fact 'Twill didn't even come from the world familiar to Tymah and Kye, so there existed a certain, understandable cultural/behavioral/perceptual gulf between these three.  Things about other lifeforms Roose found... alien, as well.  Odd.  Facinating.  Difficult to understand.  Things Tymah and Kye would most likely experience as well, in return.  All of it understandable, if a bit awkward.

Which described Roose's present state of mind quite accurately.  Like some younger cousin suddenly pouncing on his tail, holding it up, and asking him what it was.  All Roose could think, in that moment of questions:  *How did I do what...?*  Yes, the poor young 'Twill, educated and trained quite well, but still inexperienced, had to think really hard to come up with anything unusual he might have just done.  Perhaps it had been the comfortable feeling of conversations, the offer of food and drink that had left him to forget he was not amongst his kind.  It wasn't like he was a remarkable individual... handsome, yes, but in build and conditioning, pretty average for a male of his species.  Not that his mother hadn't fed and cared for him intently!  Ohhh, no!  All mothers tended to dote on their sons a bit, so they would be in shape to survive puberty in good health... and with a nice, healthy and well-developed set of wings, to attract a mate with.  Roose's mother had the benefit of being Hurro'Tau'ta's Chief Nutritionist... and a very skilled exercise guru.  He'd learned how to fight from his mother.........

However.........

Roose stood alone, far from Home and Family.  Far... far from Chorri.  Far away from the Boonwood forests of his childhood, the lakes and Great Rivers and their fish and currents.  Far from Tau, the sun of his birth, his feet on a different ta... a different soil... entirely.  Even the stars overhead, in the here and now:  Different.

Eyes a bit wide, head tilted in a half puzzled, half curious expression, Roose opened his mouth to respond to Tymah's questions, only...

... Kye had led them to a place such a very short walk away, and then... after a question of his own... he'd... well, he'd started to laugh.  And laugh, hands to belly.  Roose gave a soft snort, as his reply died for the moment... though it was hard not to catch whatever Kye had caught.  One thing 'Twill shared with a good many sentient beings... laughter as a contagious disease, so to speak.  Fortunately, Kye had been brief, ending with a 'pology and a chuckle.  Not that any of this had scared Roose in the slightest.  Just a bit of awkward discomfort at a lapse in interspecies decorum, because he hadn't gotten the joke.  Nothing to cry about, though.  And most likely not the only time something like this would happen.  One thing Roose felt sure of.........

So, last question first.  A glance and a hurrr, a flare of nostrils in a sniff, then...

...  "Smells good to me...."

A short skip-step, as he turned attention back towards Tymah, seelers aflick, ears twitched notably forwards, mane ruffled...

...  "It would be rude to litter, Tymah of the Kil-Dar-Ah."

A curl of a smile, a slight downward dip of head, and he left it at that.  For now.  Because they were here, the place smelled good... and he was still hungry.  And a bit thirsty.  Especially after disposing of his stick.  So, a swish of tail and gesture of staff towards the door, as he stepped aside...

...  "Lead onwards, Kye of the Valens...."

shinigamikitsune

He was not satisfied with the answer that Roose gave him. He had asked how the other being had vaporized the stick... not why he had done it. This creature seemed more other worldly then just being from the Surface World... almost as though he was from another World all together.

Tymah pushed those thoughts aside as he followed the two along to the suggested restruant. The place seemed nice enough, plus there was seating on the roof. Oh! Now that would be neat. He could just imagine what it would be like up that high without the actual ground beneath your feet to stand on. A part of him wondered how he would feel if he weren't in some form of contact with the earth. He'd find out soon enough.

"I agree, this place does appear suitable." Though a pause was given when Kye laughed for no appearent reason. Perhaps he had thought of something amusing that had happened in a simular situation to him.

Roose's comment caused him to turn his attention towards him. He frowned a little, tilting his head. "Of course littering is rude. However, simply getting rid of something that is a natural resource is considered rather ignorant amoung my kind." His tone was even, and didn't sound as though he might be scolding the strange being. It was more as though he was simply stating how his culture worked. "Organic resources can be placed in the proper area, so that when they decompose, those materials are then absorbed into the earth to give nutriants for new life to grow from."

It was basicly all about balance. That is how the Tarrin's conducted their very lives, since that's what the Planet guided them to do. They helped to keep the planet in balance from within it. Though the more the Surface population grew, and the more widespread the people settled their lands, the harder it was to keep up the balance with the ever increasing demands for the Surface. It was hoped that with this exploration of the Surface World, and possible acceptance of the Tarrin's on the Surface, that things could be done to help those Surface Worlder's to maintain a balance on their own.... If everything went well of course.

The Tarrin's attention was taken away just as quickly as it had come. This time by the wonderful smells coming from within the establishment. The food smelled divine, though he knew that he wouldn't be able to taste anything that was cooked. At least the meats for sure. It still baffled him how humanoids had developed to become unable to handle raw foods such as meat. Perhaps it was just a path of their evolution, having their bodies become more suseptable to their enviroments.

Anonymous

(OoC_ *shot for shitty post* sorry, brain has been deaded >.> )

It seemed that neither Roose nor Tymah had minded his laughter much, Roose had even snorted once, Tymah didn't seem to have minded it either.

Kye tugged his tunic as they both agreed, listening in as Tymah stated what his race thought of littering. The priest tilted his head slightly, listening to every word.

Kye wasn't about to deny that he'd seen Tymah's excitement when the young Tarrin had spotted the roof. It seemed that would be where they were going to sit then. Kye had no problem with it, always preferring the open air himself anyway. He nodded once to Roose, and walked toward the open doors. He walked right over to the closest waitress, and asked for a table for three, preferably on the roof.

With a glance at the purple haired man and his two odd companions, a blank look, and a nod, she removed three sheets of paper from the desk and waved for them to follow.

Kye did so, ignoring the woman's clear discomfort. He followed her right up the stairs, looking back to see if his friends were following.

Then she stopped on the roof, a table pushed against the low wall with three chairs seated on each end that was not touching the painted brick wall.

The lady placed the menu's down on the table, and looked to Kye, figuring it was best to speak to the most human looking of the three, "I'll be back in a few, take your time to order," with a smile, she left them.

Kye looked back to Roose and Tymah, a bemused smile in place, and he sat down on one of the wooden stools, pulling a sheet of paper toward him. He looked to the two of them, "I presume you both may eat human food?" he asked with a chuckle.

Anonymous

Not satisfied.........

Hmmm... it seemed his answer of why, and not how... his attempt at a bit of humor... well... it hadn't worked.  In fact, it seemed to have backfired with Tymah.  Despite the Tarrin's even tone, Roose still felt the words of his auma gran's scoldings, when his little fingerclaws would sneak up and "test" the cake batter, before it was ready.  Only... Tymah's words were different, and Roose's fingerclaws were much bigger now.  And his wit was also rather sharp.  Like Kye noting Tymah's excitement on spotting the rooftop dining area, Roose hadn't failed to note... or remember... the Tarrin's earlier intensity, when he'd disposed of his meat-flavored chew-stick.  So...

... Kye led the way inside, and the young 'Twill focused on the young Tarrin, ears and seelers slicked back, voice set and aimed for his ears only...

...  "Tymah of the Kil-Dar-Ah, decomposition comes in may forms, one of which is fire.  By your talk of kindle and molten flow, I believe you understand this character trait of fire.  But I also believe your life underground has kept you from learning this... sometimes, a seed needs roasting, before it can grow."

After topping the stairs and seeing the view, Roose gave the serving lady a short bow and dip of head, given the close quarters prevented a full display in response to her words.  Then his attention returned to Tymah,  as he took a seat, grateful it was a stool, and not a more common chair.  Much easier on the tail...

...  "Which reminds me... I'm hungry enough to eat a roasted 'tekkel...."  A sharp-toothed grin.  Then his attention turned to Kye...

...  "I can eat anything you can eat... so long as it doesn't involve bugs."  Roose made a face that involved a shudder and a short, brief, between-teeth sticking out of his pale green tongue in not-quite-mock revulsion.  His ruffled mane settled, while hands wiped the expression from his face, claws snagging an imaginary insect from his snout's end, and tossing it away.........

......... after which, his eyes fell on the menu with an expression of curiousity, clawtips gently tapped against the tabletop, on either side...

...  "Kye of the Valens, if you've eaten here before, what would you recommend?"

shinigamikitsune

The young princeling looked up at Roose with a little frown. "It is true that fire can be used as a form of decomposition. However, that's usually when there are materials left over. Normal fire doesn't completely consume everything, such as what you did with that stick. There are at least cinders and ashes left over. Not to mention that when fire wipes out an area of vegetation, there is still plant life left surviving that thrive in such devestated places. The left over vegetation from the old, though no longer living, does finish with it's decomposition, giving nutrients to the new life that forms. No matter the form of decomposition, there always must be some form of balance. Otherwise it throws the harmony of the Planet off balance, and it struggles in order to find and maintain a new balance."

Tymah remained quiet as they were lead up to the roof. Although he was extrememly curious to look around, being inside of a place with so many people made him a little uneasy. Even though he'd only met nice people so far, he couldn't just forget about all the horrors that had been told to him about how the Surface Worlder's had treated his people during the time of the Ancient War. While it seemed that most had forgetten about his kind, there was always the possibility that there were some long lived peoples who would remember, or the chance that some younger beings might decide to find reason to look down upon his kind and respark the flames of hatered.

Though such thoughts were forgotten once they reached the roof and he could see the stars in the sky without the hinderance of rooflines. The young princeling somehow managed to make his way with them over to the table, offering the waitress a polite smile when she left. He moved to take a seat, though paused when he saw the chair. He shifted it so that he could sit on is sideways so that his tail wasn't left trapped in an uncomfortable position.

Picking up the menu, he looked it over, though in all honesty he didn't recognize most of the words. For although he had learned to speak the language, learning how to read and write it wasn't something that he'd been taught much of before he had come to the Surface World.

He looked up to Kye when the man asked if they were able to eat such foods. "I am able to eat most food from the Surface World. Though my kind are unable to handle eating cooked meats. It's akin to trying to openly poison somebody when you serve one of our kind cooked meat, and an even greater insult should it be burnt."