Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I've got the brains, you've got the looks (Open!)

Started by Anonymous, July 24, 2009, 11:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Human cities were always disgusting. Shahira hated them. Filthy, smelly places filled the the brim with filthy, smelly people. Her nose wrinkled at the foul scent that wafted up from the streets. But, sadly, if Shahira were to get the love and admiration she deserved, she was going to have to put up with it. While she might like the woods better, there were not people to adore her there.

Only Morgan.

Tugging lightly at the chain attached to the hot pink collar, the fae summoner smiled at the demon. Messing with him made her feel better, "Come along Morgan." He didn't look much like a frightening demon with the power to take out most cities. He had pigtails for Gods sake. What demons wore pig tails?

"I'm hungry." Shahira didn't really eat all that often, a perk from her genetics. But it was pushing her limit and food smells managed to beat out the overwhelming stench of sewage and humanity. She frowned, "Morgan-honey, do you have any money?"

While she was amazingly beautiful and impressively talented, the half-elf was forced to deal with the fact that she had spent all her money. And no money meant no food. She pouted slightly, not really liking this fact. She was not working for it, that was out of the question. But there had to be a few options out there that didn't need manual labor.

Rhindeer

Morgan grunted and grabbed at the leash when Shahira tugged it, vicious-looking fangs bared in a silent snarl and ears flattened against the sides of his colorful, pig-tailed head. He returned her smile with a sharp hiss and tugged back on the stupid leash, harder. "The hell do you think? Of course I don't have any money!" Moronic trollop. Had she forgotten that she had been the one to summon and clothe him? All he possessed were the clothes on his back--well, backside. He was currently shirtless and dressed in fitted breeches. To show his figure or something, Shahira said.

"And even if I did, what makes you think I'd let you have any?" he added, shuffling along behind her with his arms crossed over his broad chest.

Shahira wasn't the only one with hunger pangs, though, and while she may have smelled only filth and sweat and body odors, Morgan wasn't all that bothered. Beneath the stench he could smell warm, living meat and he could feel himself start to salivate as he imagined tearing into some soft, moist body and ripping flesh from bone. He swallowed hard. Even Shahira, for whom he had decided eating was too soft a punishment, was looking pretty good.

Other than that, Morgan didn't know what to make of the city. Humans were crawling everywhere, scurrying about like short-lived ants. Overall, it was rather boring.

He yawned loudly and motioned to some of the milling humans. "What about those?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

It had taken a while to get from La'marri to Arca.  But it had been worth it, the demon couldn't stand to stick around the little village.  Too many memories there, memories that pissed him the hell off.  Though burying the summoner's little home in a minor landslide had been such a pleasure.  He'd wanted to bury the whole village, but Toxin simply didn't have the power to do it, nor the persistence to attempt it after dealing with the summoners' home.

Stalking down the street, both hands jammed deep into his pockets, the imp growled in frustration.  It'd been months since he'd been home and...he glanced up abruptly, picking up on a familiar smell.  Another demon.  Picking up his pace, he hurried down the street, following the scent.  Coming up behind the other demon, Toxin wasn't quite sure what to think of the sight that greeted him.  That vibrant hair and tail, and those ears.  The imp was so focused on Morgan, he didn't even notice Shahira.  Or the fact that Morgan was wearing a collar.

"What the hell is wrong with you, you look like a damn fairy."  Yeah.  Tact was not one of Toxin's strong points.

Anonymous

"You can't eat people idiot. Well, not right in the middle of the street." Shahira shook her head. Honestly! When Morgan tugged back on the leash, Shahira gave it a rough jerk, hard enough to pull the demon forward. Little brat.

Giving Morgan a dark glare, Shahira gave him her back, looking around for a convenient and hopefully good looking way to get some food. Just needed to find a noble of some sort to convince to take her home and buy her things.

A voice behind her caused her to turn and her yellow eyes widened in surprise when a demon approached Morgan. There was...no way. She was just the luckiest person ever! This was not the setup she would have liked, but she would make do.

Moving quickly, Shahira pulled out her slender knife and slashed open her palm, shoving the bloody hand onto the demons chest, quickly speaking the word for paralyzing, her blood and power fueling the magic.

"Morgan, grab him and follow me. And do if fast." The street was no place for this. She threw up a bit of glamor, enough to make people's eyes slid across them without noticing as she hurried toward an empty alleyway. Not ideal at all, but there was no way she was letting this demon get away.

Anonymous

As Nai left the inn he was staying at, his violet-red eyes caught the scenario playing out before him. He normally rolled his eyes at such scenes and walked off, even if it was odd for a fourteen year old to brush carnage off so easily. However, what he had noticed, and what had stopped his nonchalant act was the feeling of darker prowess around the two. Of course, he knew that he should ignore them, but then the glamour was put up, which, to a person watching the entire thing, was quite odd. 'Oh, this seems quite interesting. Now, where have they gone to...' He thought and glanced around to try and see any indication where they ran off to.

Rhindeer

A fairy.

Morgan's ears went back and his eyes narrowed, lips curling in a fang-baring snarl.

A fairy?!

Even after being told that he couldn't eat the people here, Morgan whipped around and was fully prepared to make a meal of whoever had the gall to say that--until his eyes landed on the person, who wasn't really a person. Another demon? Now that he wasn't focused on inhaling the scent of human blood pumping beneath the surface and daydreaming which one he'd like to pick off first, he could smell the distinct scent of demon all over this kid. This kid who had the gall to call him a fairy when he was the one with snot-hair!

His tail fluffed up, bristling, and lashed behind him like a pissed-off cat, and he straightened up to his full height so he could loom ominously over the other demon. "You wanna say that again?" he snarled, sizing him up and deciding it wouldn't be hard to snap that scrawny body in two.

That was until Shahira leaped into the fray, smacking her bloody hand against the guy's chest and then--aw, fuck--yeah, he had no choice but to obey with the glamour coating her words.

With a hiss off annoyance, Morgan scooped the demon up and threw him over one shoulder like a sack before taking off after Shahira. "What're you doing?" he called after her. "Gonna let me kill it? Can I kill it? I think I want to."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Glaring up at the taller demon, his head cocked slightly to the left, Toxin bared his own fangs right back, fanning his tattered wings.  The comment hadn't really been intended to start a fight, but the imp wasn't exactly displeased with the idea of fighting, even if it looked like he was outmatched.  Fairy-demon was taller than him, so what.  

Then this girl slapped his chest with a bloody hand, and Toxin's demeanor altered radically.  He hissed, eyes widening in shock as he tried to pull away.  He managed a strangled snarl as the other demon scooped him up and took off after the girl.  He wanted to tear apart both of them now, especially the girl.  Another summoner.  He was beyond pissed now.

Anonymous

Nai caught the sounds and turned his head towards it to see three people running off into an alley. 'Hmm, looks a bit dangerous, but heck, why not?' He thought and followed after them with a cloak protecting him from the harmful rays of the sun.  However, when remembering that the girl had shoved a bloody hand onto the other's chest, something dawned on him. 'Fuck what if it's a curse....' He shuddered and began to regret his decision in following them. 'This might not be such a good idea after all...'

Anonymous

Hand still dripping blood, Shahira started to quickly sketch out ancient, powerful runes of binding across the demons chest. Luckily, she didn't have to summon the thing. That would have taken much, much longer.

Ignoring Morgan's mutterings, Shahira kept her eyes locked on the skinny demon in front of her, her expression hungry and predatory. Another demon to add to her collection. Let him be powerful! If he was, she might have enough strength to wipe out that stuck up little village already.

Her voice was low, speaking in a soft, rhythmic tone, the words rolling off her tongue. Binding the demon to her.

Rhindeer

As soon as Morgan made it to the alley, he slung the other demon down off his shoulder and unceremoniously dropped him to the ground. "What're you doing?" he repeated, but this time he sounded less annoyed and more frantic. Another demon. Oh no. She couldn't be thinking--

And then she did it. Drew runes on the demon's chest. Morgan didn't know what the runes meant, but he knew what they were for.

She'd used those same symbols on him.

"You bitch!" he snarled, but he couldn't attack her no matter how much he wanted to. Why? Why was she doing that? Another demon? Was he not good enough? It was bad enough just dealing with her!

Hissing and cursing in anger, he started to pace--and it was then that he caught sight of a pale kid that had the unmistakable scent of human.

If he couldn't vent his anger on the demon or the summoner, then perhaps this would be allowable. After all, he had probably seen too much. "Looks like someone's being a little too nosy..." he growled low in his throat, the tip of his tail twitching in excitement. Unfortunately, he couldn't attack without permission, but here was hoping...

Anonymous

Nai glanced over at what the woman was doing, and let out a sigh. It didn't look like a curse to him, or at least one that wasn't going to backfire. In fact... it somewhat reminded him of that time he assassinated that summoner man. Hmmm, perhaps this woman was trying to seal this random demon to do her bidding. A dark smirk that did not at all fit the body of a fourteen year old boy appeared on his face.

"Nosy eh? I guess you can call it that, seeing as I'm looking for a little fun. Normal civilization can be quite boring at times. By the way." Nai giggled, and impish malice tainting his features. "I do quite agree, you look too much of a fairy to be a demon." With that said, Nai took a step back and disappeared into the shadows. He quickly jumped onto a shadowy ledge and resumed his observations.

'That demon doesn't look quite happy... I'd rather not see him bound, and even if this isn't exactly a curse, I know what it's like to be stuck to a curse.' He smirked and pulled out the first joint of his right pinky. 'Hmm, hmm hmm... where to toss?' He contemplated before throwing it towards the wrist of the woman's right arm. As an extra measure, he threw another one of his pinky joints to the left wrist and jumped to another alcove.

Anonymous

As she started drawing runes on his chest, Toxin narrowed his eyes and glared at the girl.  If he could move, he'd have torn her head off.  And it sounded like fairy demon wasn't too happy either.  "I'm going to kill you, you harlot.  Just like I killed the last summoner."  He snarled, still fighting the runes she'd slapped on him earlier.  Still couldn't move, couldn't fight back.  This was infuriating.  And whoever she was, she was different from the other summoners.  The runes were something new, and he'd heard that undertone to her voice when she'd commanded the other demon.

Anonymous

Shahira ignored both the demons until she finished her spell, the power sinking into Toxin's body, binding him to her power. She gave a shiver of delight and slide her arms across the demon's chest, "And now I have another pretty litt-ouch!"

Startled, Shahira jerked back, rubbing her wrist where something had smacked into her. Looking around, Shahira was rather confused until she noticed the bones on the ground. Standing up, she stared down at them for a moment before stomping her foot down and turning to glare at Morgan, "Worthless little woman!" Stalking over, Shahira grabbed two ponytails and yanked his head close to hers, hissing, "You are to protect me from harm. Fail me again and I will feed you piece by piece to the new one! Now go find the idiot that throws bones and bring them here!"

The bones hadn't really hurt, but it was the principal of the thing. Brushing off her clothes, the fae woman looked down at Toxin, then smiled, "Well, how does it feel to be my new pet?"

Rhindeer

"Ow!" Morgan hissed when his pigtails were yanked and grabbed for her wrists, teeth bared in a grimace of pain and irritation. Woman? WOMAN? Who was she calling a woman? Hadn't they been over this already? Mortals had such weird notions of gender. And how the hell was he little?

He stiffened even more at her threat, and a low growl rumbled in his throat. Ahaha. No. He would slaughter the other before he let some moss-head replace him!

Released, he reached up to fix his pigtails, shot Shahira and the other demon a final scathing glance, then stalked off through the alley. The only bright side to this whole deal was that he got to do a little hunting, and Shahira dearest hadn't specified what condition she wanted their annoying little shadow brought back in. The thought made him grin.

He'd show him what this 'fairy' could do.

It was easy to track the brat, for he'd picked up his scent back there and that was all he needed. With catlike grace, he sprung up and onto the rooftop--and his grin only broadened when he spotted the human. "Well, hellooo..." he purred, violet eyes narrowing and ears flattening as he picked his way toward him, fingers flexing--each one tipped with a thick, sharp claw.

Anonymous

'Ah... damn, I'm too late.' Nai thought to himself with a frown. The poor guy, bound to that rather stuck up female.  However, he still found it quite amusing that he interrupted that woman's boasting. He bent his pinky and sighed. It was healed. Looks like he was still cursed - for now.

'Oh jezz, I'm an idiot hm? Maybe if you were a little more aware of your--- why must this demon make me a hypocrite?' Nai turned to see the demon approaching him as the pointed fingers flexed. "Ya know, pointed nails aren't that scary, see I can do that too." Nai tensed his fingers for a second as he forced his nails to take another shape and elongate. However, they weren't the only things that changed. When he grinned, his mouth seemed to be akin to some sharp-toothed demon.

The next thing he did was fold his fingers into fists and threw punches - albeit both aimed to his mouth. Teeth falling out of their sockets were heard before Nai spat several bloodied, sharpened teeth at Morgan and jumped to the previous rooftop he stood on.

'Man, I hate that tactic!' Nai thought as he spat out the blood pooling in his mouth. He pulled out a long, sharpened, white sword out of its sheath and took a stance.

Anonymous

He stayed right where Morgan had dropped, still so pissed that all he could do was lay there and stare at Shahira.  If only looks could kill.  If only.

He really paid no attention to either the person who'd showed up or Morgan, his attention glued to the woman.  "Pet?"  He spat, glaring at her with his good eye.  "I am no one's pet."

((Apologies for the short post and delay, I've been ill.))

Anonymous

Aw, he sounds just like Morgan. Shahira smiled at him, "You're my pet now. I control your soul. No matter how much you might want too, you can't hurt me and your can't disobey me."

The half fae watched the demon as she licked the wound on her hand closed, "You are bound to my service, now and forever. I suggest getting used to it. It will go easier on you if you do. Poor little Morgan had to disembowel himself before he got it."

Anonymous

Toxin just laughed, still not getting up from his spot on the ground.  When the brief fit of cackles subsided, he glared up at Shahira again.  "You didn't hear me, did you?  I killed the last bastards that summoned me."  He was, of course, not going to mention that killing them had kind of backfired, leaving him stranded here on earth.

Though what she said about Morgan was making him nervous.  He'd had to disembowel himself?  That did NOT sound pleasant nor reassuring.

Anonymous

"I would imagine that is because the last person you summoned is a moron." Shahira smiled, completely confident in her binding, "You can't hurt me. No matter how much you want too." She slid her nail down his bare chest, amused by his spunk, "You'll figure it out eventually. I win, you lose. I own every inch of you."

Leaning down, she planted a small kiss on his forehead, like one would give a child, "It's cute when you think you can fight."