Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Goldie's Arts! (SUGGESTIONS!)

Started by Goldie, September 16, 2009, 02:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

It's about time to consolidate my art stuff into a single thread...it's a lot easier to keep track of this way I think ^_^ So here goes!!!!

We'll begin with my Portrait collections, hahaha, in order of creation:

Chailyn portrait! ^__^ a nice little close-up, draw/colored before getting my tablet so it's all mouse-work here!

Soren portrait! It's a character from RotE, a pilot that I created a while ago. I like this portrait, although I've found that I have issues with painting "dead eyes" that's really my only complaint after sitting on it for a while xD

Drawn for Rhi! This picture....let's just say I am not pleased with it anymore ^^;;;; *marks for re-do* but it's Nakaris! Her awesome evil twin!

Annd, gotta run! will continue later!

Anonymous

Wowzers! FANTABULOUS mouse work! That gets double appreciation. i know how hard mousing is...!! >__<;;

I love the way you've done the hair, and the skin tones, the expression, Chailyn has is a little surprised or bewildered.... I love the lovely green of the eyes... if I may, I think that if you would add a little shadow under the eye lids, and add highlight to the white of the eye, not just the iris, that would help. <3

Nakaris has an eeebil expression, the kind that makes you think... 'What is he upto?' X3

Great job~!!

Goldie

Chailyn sketch!!! Followed closely by the start of coloring xD

I've had this sketch for awhile and I still really like it! That's the sign of something good I think *nods*

Here's the start of coloring it xD the background will be ocean I've decided, so it'll either be great or my ultimate death xD She'll be standing on a rock with the waves crashing around, bwahaha.

Goldie

Some sketches for your enjoyment!

Serendipity Emblem! I figured that no one has ever really drawn it, so I sketched it out on the back of a worksheet yeeeeaaars ago. So here it is!

I sat down to sketch Fenway and got CHAILYN! Which had me come to the conclusion that....Fenway is really a woman!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao. Anywho, this is Chai in "Bitter-Sweet Escape" xD I really am horrible to my characters.... I'll color this eventually.

And finish it up with a Map I drew awhile ago! I <33333 drawing Maps! *snugs it*

Goldie

It's CHAILYN! And she's ALMSOT completely colored (minus background of course....which is probably going to eat my soul when I start doing it ^^;; )

Anyways, I've been working on her for awhile and here's where I am! Let me know what you think! Anything look odd about it? ^^;;

Ultimately, I am SO proud of this so far! *snugs her*

EDIT!!!!:

Here's a detail shot of her face and hair! I also altered her eyes since first putting up this too >_> they look better at the actual size of the painting ^^;;

Anonymous

This is coming of really nicely goldy~!!  The colour really brings life into the character,  :heart: I'm looking forward to seeing the complete painting!

Goldie

More shading on Chai, started on the boots, finally got a background sketched out and such ^_^

Anonymous

Oooo, those waves look like they're going to be a pain to color~!! but the composition looks great!! you can feel the crashing and rising~!!

Goldie

^___^ Thanks Charcoal!!!!!

Annnnd, here is a sketch of Draco's character Taich! hehee, wooo! This is what happens when the power goes out for 2 hours, I actually sit down and sketch, lmao

Anonymous

Whoo! That looks amazing! And the coloring on Chai is badass! I'm so jealous of your coloring skills!

Anonymous

Goldie

^^;;;; awwww, thankies Rina! (lmao, I totally almost wrote Rhina xDDDD look what you two have created!!!! a nickname!!! Dx )

And my color skills are failing me on the water T__T I keep shading, erasing, shading, erasing....it's a never-ending battle!

And YAAAY! Draco I'm so glad you like it ^_^

Goldie

This is a character I've pretty much just made up in my head. Her name is Saoirse (Seer-sha, it's Gaelic, hahaha) and I decided I wanted to sketch up some more portrait work because I enjoy it a lot! Anywho, here's the sketch- via tablet. I'll color it soon ^_^

I always sketch in blue too....it's easier to focus on than plain black for me >_< Don't know why, but I like it better!

Anonymous

Whoa! Way pretty! I love how flow-y and pretty it feels. Her face is awesome!

Goldie

^___^ Thanks Rina!!!

Here is a close-upish of what I've currently done. You may be wondering, "Gee, she's looking the opposite way as the sketch!" and my answer is:

"Why yes, that's completely true!"

Reason being, you don't see a lot of the imperfections in your own drawings when you constantly look at it from a single perspective. Hence, I "flip horizontally" the entire picture probably once every 10-20 minutes I'm focusing on it. It helps me avoid huge blunders early on and fix inconsistencies in the shading. Like, currently (I just flipped it again) I notice that her nose is slightly crooked. It is an easy fix but would have been an absolute NIGHTMARE had I not noticed and continued to shade.

This picture is also....um....30% of the original size? xDDD it's originally 3500 x 3000 pixels >_>

Anywho, that's my update. Hopefully I'll have some more soon ^_^

Goldie

I've started an attempt at hair. I'm posting this up now to ask for any suggestions on how to continue with it.....hair already bites me in the butt, now make it black hair and I'm just >___< ick

It will, obviously get cleaned up around her face and not look so horrible, and I haven't added shading on the face in regards to the hair placement either.

That said, PLEASE talk to me!

Anonymous

Oh God Goldy, that is absolutely beautiful. The hair looks...FANTASTIC. God those eyes too, I really love those eyes too. You are...terrific Goldy, you truly are. My hat is off to you poppet!

Anonymous

I have nothing. Hair and I? Not friends. But it looks amazing so far!

Goldie

lol, not much help but thanks!!!

And I have yet to find a good way to draw hair >_< I hate it. Usually I'm like, "hmmm....THIS COLOR! *scribble* THIS BRUSH! *scribble* hmmm....This effect? ICK! *erase* REPEAT!"

>_> probably not the best way. I've looked at tutorials and nothing has helped so...I guess it's just something you learn on your own really.

Here's Saoirse updated again. I'm posting it up to have an easy comparison without having to flip back and forth from different pictures on photoshop xD

Anonymous

Once again Gold...you are just amazing with the drawing power. It looks..absolutely stunning.