Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Have a beer, get drunk. (Valmont

Started by Anonymous, September 29, 2009, 10:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Today was a day, the sun shining like any other day. Nothing special happening here. Never does, not even something special or a little special. Zantaric, the city of causality. Where people disappear never to be seen again.

Where how experienced you are depends on your survival. Yet nothing special ever happens here. Sleepy brown eyes, eyeing the city sign while drying off sweat from her brow. Eyeing her stolen clothes, again as if someone would be able to tell they weren't hers. The brown, green and dark leather, linen and wool of a huntsman, with two freshly downed deers over her back. Their weight and the sun taking its mighty toll upon shaking thigh's.

Whispering quietly. "Com on, com on." with pale hard, yet sharp teeth capable of biting of any mans tongue cleanly and a tanned boyish body, aside from the hair, they'd be able to tell woman from man since the dawn of time. No need to cut it and act like she was trying ta be one. "Yer be wanten zum elp with em deers, Deerie?" Their eyes met. Golden against shady brown ones.

Her intimidating size usually put people off yet maybe it was that her back and legs where slightly trembling? that she was breaking a sweat from carrying them? Maybe he saw opportunity were there was nothing? He reeked of booze. "Che, grow a pair first maybe." She snapped at him, slightly jealous over the fact that such a worthless man was drunk when she was not.

Dismissal, she carried on. one foot over the other. The slaughterhouse mere blocks away now, deluding her mind to think that way. In reality it was halfway across town. A fair bit to walk if you were carrying a heavy load. The butcher might pay good for these but if she did not come alone the reward, would sink considerably.

With each step, she wanted to steal a horse. The peaceful tamed breed like the ones feeding next to the local inn, a hotel, the office. they sensed it, yes but did not bother to care for the woman elf with red curly hair nor the wolf inside her. There would be no peace if she ever took that dare.

Snarling at the man she had dismissed as he silently came up from behind. "Back off, midget." He took the hint, unfortunately. Cities like this, most would have done like him. Good kid, kid ha she was the child around here. Size difference aside he was probably older than her. Good thing. Only a few more feet now, and she'd be able to buy herself shitless drunk in the nearest bar.

Kicking the door open, all she had to do was follow the smell. Flies buzzing happily as background music. Playing songs with a creaky door and the ever loving ever shining ball of flame up there. "Ey, Slaughterhouse man, ive gotcha some meat."

"Aye, can se that lass." Finally, her shoulders cried out as deer flopped lifelessly on the table. The butcher man, plump and snorting from something flu like he probably had caught last year. "Here ya go, 13 silver fer them beasties."

The redhead, wanted to barter a better price but felt it would be a futile attempt. Price of meat being more of a fleeting thing, even proper meat could be taken cheap. 13 silver were acceptable. She just wanted them to get stone face drunk, and enjoy alcohol after a wild full moon. "Thanks i guess." She hesitantly exclaimed, while silver coins exchanged hands. Already dying to get out her legs moved fast, not minding her surroundings too much thanks to that godawful city smell.

It would smell pleasant after getting a few of them drinks inside her tummy. TIME TO GET DRUNK!

Anonymous

The town bar and tavern was indeed not a place for the feint of heart. Said by rumor to be one of the largest in all of Le'raana, "The dragon's maw" was a famous example of exactly how prominent and successful a tavern could get while simultaneously becoming a place of supremely controlled corruption and greed.

The Tavern itself was rather large: three stories high, with a basement level for "random" entertainment, often in the form of brawls that men betted money on, with the participants being unruly patrons trying to settle a score, or sometimes a match between more prominent figures, such as outlaws and vigilantes aiming to settle a score. While the town of Zantaric was experiencing a normal day, the dragon's maw indeed had quite an event shedualed for tonight:

Someone had challenged the resident and famed outlaw, "Juilius the Blackheart" to a duel to the death. Juilius, the resident and undefeated champion of the dragon's arena, was a very strong man by many rights, who had defeated (and perhaps even killed) many warriors who attempted to fight him. Some of the defeated warriors included powerful mage outlaws. Normally, because of his record fights with Julius were few and far between, and only moderately popular.

Now, however, the tavern would be packed. For the man claiming to wish to fight the blackheart was claiming to be the "Iron Duke of La'marri"....

It was being advertised as a night to be remembered among the patrons.

---------------

The numerous tables and the bar of the dragon's maw were hustling and bustling with the usual activity of a large establishment like this: gambling, dining, flirting with the various waitresses and other "girls" who worked there. Tonight, the place was almost packed, anticipating the fight that would be taking place in the tavern's gigantic basement in a few hours.

Meanwhile, in the hustle and bustle of the tavern, a lone man by the name of Eric was spending his time enjoying food and a little bit of drink at one of the few open tables left in the establishment: the reason being that the table was a gambling table, but the brown clothed Eric had proven that he was quite good at cards. Enough so that he now had the entire table to himself.

Gold lining his pockets, a pretty hearty meat steak of some kind in front of him, and a few open seats around him, Eric was simply waiting for some company, hopefully in the form of women or some guys who wanted to lose some more money to him.

he did not realize exactly what kind of company he would be getting...

((tell me if you need me to change anything. I thought this would be a good way to get things started, though.))

Anonymous

Growling fiercely in return as her arse received a second slap. Just because she held a plate and it had more than one cup did not mean she was a waitress nor their doll. But the rules of a bar had to be followed and the werewolf woman, no matter how she wanted to kill. Did not wish to be kicked out before those 10 cups of local brew upon her plate had been drunk.

Feet creaking on old wood panels as she finally spotted empty seats next to a strange person. Ruffled black hair with observing and quiet eyes made the man stand out slightly, especially with such a weird smell. Those were not the fingers of a really working man, nor did he have scars for once.

Dismissing it as whatever, ignorance is bliss she told herself as the plate filled with beer hit the table next to this man. Muttering a small yet bothered "squse me" soaking in the murderous air of the people surrounding table.

Sitting down, already grabbing one of the pint's to fill her stomach with what she had truly come for. There was no need to delay the inevitable any further. Sour acidic fruit beer stored within barrels and left for mushrooms to produce the only human tampered liquid worth drinking.

Finally the mug clunked onto the table, its contents gone and her belly slightly satisfied. Then the cards and money caught her eye, grinning with youthful recklessness she accepted fate while counting her silver coins. while stating the obvious "Count me in next game"

The guy next to her seemed to win a lot the large pile of silver he used for bidding larger than those of his table buddies. , Perhaps his luck would change or perhaps he really was cheating.  Considering most of the other players eyed him like they eyed prey they couldn't kill.
Her curiosity invoked while eyeing him from the sides, a hand already lifting the second mug nonchalantly.

Anonymous

As Eric continued to play cards against his rather...clumsy opponents, his eyes drifted to a young, red-haired lass with a large plate of ale.

My oh my, did she get his attention: she stood at what many men considered an imposing height, just above seven feet tall*, she had a build to match it, with a large, well crafted bust, long legs, and a finely shaped "arse". Eric could tell she was elvish, but what other kind of blood and genes ran through her veins, he did not know. He, and virtually every other man at the table watched rather closely as she sat down, and proceeded to chug down one of the rather large jugs of ale in a single tip of the jug.

"Count me in next game."

Eric smiled as the young woman said this, and responded with his own little joke. "Very nice jugs you have there." He said, the double meaning of his words rather apparent in referance to the numerous mugs of ale she had and her other "assets" as well. However, Eric was using this humor to disguise his true intention...

"Gentleman, Id like to have a match with this lass, if you don't mind, there are some things I would like to discuss with her..."

Several of the men chuckled at the comment, thinking much more dirty thoughts then Eric. Eric's response was a cold, quick glare at everyone but the new young lady at the table.

"I am not kidding. get outta here." Eric said, projecting an unconscious magic aura designed to send fear down most normal men's spine. This was the test of the young woman's magic ability: if she had the talent, she would probably be more intrigued then afraid. The magic aura would be more like an attractive force rather then a repelling force if she did indeed have "the gift".

Neither of them knew it, but Eric had been looking for someone like her for a long time...

((OOC: sorry it took so long to post, been busy as heck lately))

Anonymous

"If you want one of those nice jug's. Your going to have to treat me to more later. Especially considering you chased away everyone i might have won more money from." Bonnie was not about to feel complemented by this rather imposing stranger however he had money.

That much had been apparent from she had sat down next to him, and she did wish that maybe once or twice in her life. She would be treated like those women her mum used to tell stories about.

Feeling his eyes everywhere and rather self conscious about her height made her reach for another mug. This man would definitely not treat her like that, More so she did not want him too regardless of how appealing the thought was.

Sudden yet rather large amount of alcohol working wonders on her senses. Feeling it as a little ocean inside her stomach. The tense atmosphere she had built up was beginning to vanish as a feeling of fullness replaced it little by little. Too much liquid at once.

Putting the second empty jug down with a firm hold still gripping it. For all she knew this rather handsome fellow was either too horny to see straight or one of those methodical assassins who predicted where she would sit just to wait for the opportune moment.

Rather than continuing to speculate Bonnie leaned down and onto the table, using her elbows and hands to support a satisfied and bobbing head mere inches away from someone who might become her benefactor if she let him.

"As much as I appreciate your company. Let's get one thing straight, I did not enter this bar with intentions to sleep with the first handsome fellow i saw.""If you want one of those nice jug's. Your going to have to treat me to more later. Especially considering you chased away everyone i might have won more money from." Bonnie was not about to feel complemented by this rather imposing stranger however he had money.

That much had been apparent from she had sat down next to him, and she did wish that maybe once or twice in her life. She would be treated like those women her mum used to tell stories about.

Feeling his eyes everywhere and rather self conscious about her height made her reach for another mug. This man would definitely not treat her like that, More so she did not want him too regardless of how appealing the thought was.

Sudden yet rather large amount of alcohol working wonders on her senses. Feeling it as a little ocean inside her stomach. The tense atmosphere she had built up was beginning to vanish as a feeling of fullness replaced it little by little. Too much liquid at once.

Putting the second empty jug down with a firm hold still gripping it. For all she knew this rather handsome fellow was either too horny to see straight or one of those methodical assassins who predicted where she would sit just to wait for the opportune moment.

Rather than continuing to speculate Bonnie leaned down and onto the table, using her elbows and hands to support a satisfied and bobbing head mere inches away from someone who might become her benefactor if she let him.

"As much as I appreciate your company. Let's get one thing straight, I did not enter this bar to fool around with the first." *sigh* "attractive man i stumbled across. Just so.. You'll know before anything.. erm.. happens. "

Happens. Oh god, why was she at such a loss of words. He must already be gloating at the lack of a decent vocabulary.

(ooc: np)

Anonymous

Valmont's aura may have had an unusual side effect: It apparently did attract the woman at the table in some way he did not understand, and also made him somewhat attracted twoard the woman. As he listened to the woman speak, his eyes looked over her. It was no wonder she was getting so many looks and (inappropriate) touches by the male patrons of the bar: she was beautiful.

"As much as I appreciate your company. Let's get one thing straight, I did not enter this bar to fool around with the first..." the young woman paused for a moment and sighed "...attractive man i stumbled across. Just so.. You'll know before anything.. erm.. happens."

"Well, if something does "happen", Ill make sure we both enjoy it. Since it is obvious that I like you, I guess I should introduce myself...Call me Eric. Eric Valmont."

Valmont was quite sure now that she had the gift of magic. what kind, he did not know, but from the aura she projected as she spoke, an unmistakable aura that Valmont had felt many, many times before, she was definitely gifted.

taking roughly ten pieces of silver from his pile of winnings with his right hand, he gently grasped her left hand with it his then placed the ten pieces of sliver in it. He needed to learn more about her, and this talent she was not aware she possessed,

this spark of magic she did not know she had.

"That is to compensate you for the winnings you lost because of me. Id rather just like to talk to you...would you care to give me your name?"

Anonymous

"My name huh?" She paused for awhile, almost as if considering her option's before looking back up at this Eric. Tasting his name on her tongue, smelling in his scent and letting it linger in her head as someone she would remember if only so she could avoid him with ease during a later occasion. Should the need for such measure's rise.

"The name is Bonnie Wright. Pleased to make your acquaintance Eric." Coin clinched firmly in her hand. So casually tossing them aside, obviously not a poor man or just very wasteful with his winnings. "You know, those men you chased away will doubtlessly come back for their money." Not that she was concerned about his well being, it was just her alcohol. Yea. Just the beer giving her suggestion's and loosening her tongue.

Grinning rather pleased with herself and this peculiar encounter. She did what her mind had deemed the most appropriate thing to do and proceeded to lift up the third mug of the day.

Her face incing slightly closer to Mr.Valmont's darker and more fatherly face, with yellow eyes lighting everything up. Observing and musing over the fact that he did look slightly like his father. He had his chin and attitude at the very least.

By then she had turned her attention to the mug she held up for all to see. shouting "Cheer's to that!" for everyone to hear. Chugging it down just as fast as the previous pair.

It did not take long before that for her muscular tension and social inhibitor's to vanish along with most of her sensible sense of self. Being young her alcohol tolerance was rather low, yet high enough. Probably why she loved drinking. It sorta took the edge of living in the wood's for several months at the time with little to no company aside from its furry inhabitant's and the occasional hunter or forest ranger.

Slamming down her now empty mug down with the other's. Muttering a slight "X'cuse me" as she proceeded to burp with a closed mouth. Everything rumbling like a dragons annoyed roar while air travelled up her nose, warmth like steam. "I don't think i should drink all of these but then again, Mommy always said to eat everything on the dinner platter. Be a gentleman, lighten the load."

Hinting at the four leftover mug's while putting the silver he had given her into one of the pockets within the green tunic.