Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In the Dark, Black Forest (TAKI!!!)

Started by Anonymous, October 04, 2009, 07:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a cool autumn day. Bright, blue skies, birds singing and nature everywhere. Children running around, climbing trees and enjoying the last days before winter sets in. The squirrels and birds preparing for the cool winter and a long hibernation. People were outside at every corner, cutting their lawn, harvesting their gardens, fishing, playing with their babies, cuddling on a park bench. It was the perfect day to enjoy the sunlight.

That is unless you were Aloysius Sukorup. Days like this made boys like him want to drown themselves in their own blood. Then again, boys like him generally didn't live in La'marri, one of the brightest places he could think of. He sulked through the forest, looking for a way to pass the time until nightfall, the time when his kind thrived, when they became more alive. It was the only time he could be himself, fully let loose. He loved the feeling of running through the town, never having to worry about people staring or fleeing from him. Though the thought of what he must be like as a monster scared him a bit, it didn't matter in the least when the change occurred, when the sun set, and when his inner vampire reared it's ugly head.

Walking through the forest would normally be a death sentence for a regular human. They normally would be mauled by a bear or eaten alive by a basilisk. If the wild life didn't get you, then you would surely get lost by the winding trails that seemed to shift as you continue through them. And if you survived the trails and the wildlife, Aloysius surely would. There was no way out if you wandered deep enough in, unless you could take on a young vampire with the strength to take down a herd of horses. Only one person has ever escaped with their life when they had come in contact with him, and he never spoke or thought of that day again.

He bent down and picked up a rock. He looked at it for a moment, determining whether he should crush it in his hand or chuck it at some poor, unsuspecting animal. He was about to throw it at a squirrel, burying food for the winter, when he heard a snap somewhere off in the distance. To a normal vampire, this would just be background noise, possibly miles away. But Aloysius was not normal, not in the least. With his schizophrenia and paranoia, everything seemed out to get him. He couldn't help it. As a young boy, he was stalked and sexual harassed by a man who he thought he could trust. He liked not to think about it, for when he did, he found himself curled up in a tight ball, convulsing in fear and crying for several hours, a state he liked not to speak of. He turned he head towards the direction where the snap came from. His eyes darted back and forth before he ran forward, away from whatever made the noise.

While running, he tripped over an above ground root. He hit the ground and rolled a few feet before smashing into a tree housing many birds and a few giant spiders. When he hit the tree, he hit it hard, nearly knocking the wind out of him. During the day he was human, therefor breakable. He heard a crunch as one of his ribs broke in two and a searing pain shot all through him. He let out a sharp yelp before quickly covering his mouth to stop the noise. He wrapped his arm around the rib, trying not to touch it too much in fear that it would cause him more pain. He sat there for a few minutes, nursing his wound as best he could. While sitting there, he couldn't help feeling like he was being watched

Anonymous

Ah. Cool weather...nice forest...but the only downside was the light. But, this was a darker area of the forest, and therefore, he liked it more.
Dark looked at the trees and the rest of the forest approvingly. Ah, dark...mysterious...potentially a good place to attack someone...what was there not to like? Sometimes the inhabitants of this forest made his job a tad bit more difficult, but what did it matter? The victim allways ended up dead. He thought about his latest kill. It was much too fast and painless. His victim had been too troublesome; he had to kill the opponent quickly for his own safety.

Suddenly, he heard a crack, then someone running and falling. He found a good place to investigate and watched them from the bushes. It seems he had stumbled accross an unfortunate fellow who seemed to have broken something. He grinned to himself and wondered who this person was. He decided to introduce himself to this unfortunate boy. Dark figured it didn't matter if they knew he was there or not. He stepped out of the bushes, faking a lost expression and a rather concerned expression twords the boy and his injury. "Did you break something?" He said. His long, black tail swept behind him in a slow rythym, back, forth. tilted his head. This guy must be paranoid, to run away from a simple crack in the trees. All the better, he figured, for he seemed like a nice victim.

Anonymous

He clenched his teeth, trying to bear with the pain silently. He shut his eyes, hoping that would help some. The tears ran down his cheeks as he sat their, willing himself to stand and head back home where his mother would tend to the rib. He would deal with her reaction after the matter was over. She was rather over protective and worrisome whenever he got hurt, ever since the incident. He stopped himself from thinking about it and went back to concentrating on his rib. He leaned back against the tree, breathing slowing and lightly massaging his side. He didn't really need to go back because come nightfall, his rib would no longer be broken because of the supernatural healing abilities of a vampire. He looked at his watch. He had only a few minutes more until night came and he could live as his other self.

He sat there a few minutes before finding the will and the strength to stand. He started to get up when a man appeared out of the darkness. It took a few seconds before Aloysius registered he was real. His stomach dropped and he looked at the man, wide-eyed and terrified. He felt like the wind got knocked out of him, whether it was from his rib or fear he did not know. He just stared at the man who was making his way more into his view. The fact that this man would just waltz right up and talk to him seemed rather odd. He must have been watching him or following him. Oh no it was happening again! Aloysius tried to find his voice to scream but couldn't. Besides, he realized it wouldn't do much good anyway. He was in the middle of the forest right around supper. No one would hear him, and if they did, they wouldn't find him. He couldn't think straight with fear building more and more.

He took a deep breath, which was both shaky and painful at the same time. He winced a bit without looking away from the man. He stood all the way up, forcing himself to unbend, opening up his rib cage and sending shooting pain in every direction. He groaned a little bit before attempting to answer the man's question. "Yea. My rib. But it's fine. I'll be on my way now" He didn't expect that answer to get him off the hook of anything, it never did. He looked down before taking a few steps away from the man and towards home.

Anonymous

Dark couldn't take it anymore. It was perfect; he was injured prey. He ran up and grabbed his shoulder. "Ha. I've got you now..." He hadn't had a chance enough chances to hurt people lately. He fed on the pain of others, and now, he was starving for a chance to fufill his need. He grinned crazily and took out a knife, out of veiw. He quickly cut his shoulder. It wasn't deep, but it trickled a small amount of blood. Then, he reached to make a larger cut on his back and said, "You're going to be a pin cushion by the time i'm done with you, boy."

((I'll change it if you wanted him to avoid getting cut or something, I just figured he wouldn't have time to react. I left the second one open for reaction, though :3
P.S.: Sorry for taking so long D:))

Anonymous

Al barely saw the man grab him. He jerked away when he felt the arm on his shoulder, which sent a storm of pain through his chest and down his spine. He doubled over and clutched his arms around his ribs, sharply intaking air through his teeth. He shut his eyes, holding in any tears threatening to escape. The mans voice was much more sinister sounding now. Al shivered and prayed for escape. He felt a sharp pain on his shoulder. He let how a small yell which echoed throughout the forest.

His eyes shot open. He felt power. Power he could only feel at certain times during the day. It could only mean one thing. Sun down was approaching. He closed his eyes again, focusing on the power that was coursing through his body. He turned to look at the man, relying on the fact that his eye color was probably its blood red color by now. He felt his teeth growing into their sharp points. He felt less human and more animal-like, more like himself. His instincts let a hiss roar out of him. They told him this man needed to be annihilated. They guided him with every move. Al let his mouth spread into a menacing smile, showing his fangs to this poor unfortunate man who had the displeasure of meeting with him when he changed.

Al grabbed the man's hand and released it from his shoulder. Ha! this was almost too easy. He flipped around behind the man and pinned his arm against his back. He could end it there but why kill the man when he could play with his food. The grin spread even wider. "So mister. Give me a reason as to why i shouldn't kill you right here. Right now."  

(sorry if i don't respond for a bit.)

Anonymous

Dark's mouth spread into a wide, insane grin and he turned his head to look at him. After the sentence, he chuckled, and erupted into a fit of insane laughter. After that, he shook his head. "Ah, death? Why be afraid of such a thing? Pain? My joy in this world." His tail swished quickly to the right.

Anonymous

Al licked his lips. He feared this man. But he was great at hiding such feelings. Why should he? He was stronger then him and faster. All this man had was his knife which wouldn't be able to harm him in this fight. An a fight it would be.

Al chuckled as he brought the mans arm up higher, as high as it could go without breaking off. This man said he didn't mind pain. Al would show him a different kind of pain. He leaned in close to the man. "foolish man. You are only making it worse for yourself by taunting." The voices were shouting at him now ' kill him! KILL HIM!' Al shook his head and waited as the man's tail flicked from side to side.

(i don't know how you want this to go. Go ahead and do what you will xD)

Anonymous

(just don't kill 'im, and i don't care XD)

Dark shook his head, smiling insanely still. "Shush. I only gave you a little scratch! Don't get all worked up." A ring of fire formed around where Al was gripping him, releasing the hold. He turned around and didn't attempt to run away. He just shrugged. "Do what you will to torture me."

Anonymous

(haha dito...feels like they are both capable of it)

The fire burned his hands. He let go, mostly out of shock that something had actually hurt him. His eyes widened as he looked at this man. He wasn't ordinary in the least. It may be harder then he thought to fight him. But at least he wouldn't be able to catch Al if he tried to run.

But Al was furious right now. No one would ever be able to tell him to relax. He heard that too often. He was not crazy and no one would ever be able to get away with it. He hissed and jumped at the man, knocking him over and pinning him to the ground. The voices were going crazy. All shouting different things at him telling him to rip the man to shreads, to skin him alive, to strangle him. All sounding like different people he knew. Al closed his eyes tight, trying to control his thoughts. He hissed again, this time not at the man. One voice stood out from the others. It was a females voice. The one he had heard several decades ago. It made him freeze.

'let him go Aloysius' "But why?" 'he does not deserve this.' The voice was gentle, soothing and mature sounding. He glared at the sky, as if some sort of God had been talking to him. "What do you know?!" He shook angrily, tightening his grip on the man. "He cut me! He will kill me if i don't kill him first!!"  His breathing grew fast and hard. His fingernails dug into the man's back, drawing blood.

Anonymous

Dark just took the pain with satisfaction. Ah, pain. He smiled in a creepy way up at Al. "If you try to kill me, I'll burn you." He burned him again and slithered from his grasp. He stood again and looked down at Al. "You seem interesting. I might not kill you after all...but, don't expect to get away easy...without any more burns."

Anonymous

Al hissed at the man, tending to the wounds on his hands. He licked his now severely burnt hands before glaring at the man with his blood red eyes. He bared his teeth and crouched down readying himself to be able to move in whatever direction was needed. He was an amateur when fighting with trained killers. He knew how to survive, he knew how to defend, but he knew little about attacking. He would need to play it smart against this guy or he would not make it too far.

He pounced to the side quickly, too quick for human reflexes to react to. This guy may not be human but he didn't seem to have the speed Al did. Al leaped from there into a tree overhead. He looked around his surroundings and tried to determine where the best line of escape would be. The nearest tree was several meters away, not close enough for jumping distance. He climbed to the next branch up and sat quietly, waiting to see what the mans next move would be.