Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A New Way of Life [Marjorie]

Started by Incandesa, August 26, 2019, 08:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incandesa

Lilith quickly got her clothes on and soon the small fox was in her arms. She was surprised, but not exactly complaining. Arnel's response still concerned her, and as she approached, she studied his face for something amiss she couldn't quite place. "Are you sure you're alright, Arnel?," she asked, putting her hand on his forehead. "You feel warm, and you look like you might be a bit flushed. Perhaps you should go inside and rest for a while, I'm certain there is another senior paladin or two who can help me deal with Cain."

To be honest, it would take a lot more than that. It took a lot of mental fortitude to resist Cain for even a senior knight, and for someone like Lilith who was a recovering lifelong sex addict, she couldn't even go near him without crumpling like this. Yet, Cain was going to be relentlessly haunting her, just outside the barrier. Lilith would be trapped in the temple, and even there she would need a guardian of strong will to protect her from them, and possibly herself. She would be a constant drain on temple resources to have someone like Arnel shadow her all the time. Not to mention it would be unfair. They needed a permanent solution to the problem of Cain and his minions, though she hated to think that killing an old friend, now turned enemy, was her only option.

Marjorie

Arnel moved away from Lilith's touch, a touch too abruptly. "I'm fine," he said, attempting to be gentler with his tone than he had been in pulling away. "He's gone for now, anyway," the knight offered, rather in vane, "we can deal with him later." He sincerely hoped that they didn't have to fight off every once ally of hers turned enemy. They would be beating down the temple gates for centuries.

"I just... yes, rest," he agreed, "I need to rest..." or he needed a cold shower himself, and maybe some self flagellation while he was at it. "Are you ready to return to the nunnery?"

Incandesa

Lilith nodded, "I suppose so." Still she was nervous that her visitor would return again.