Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fancy Meeting You Here

Started by Marjorie, January 02, 2019, 09:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marjorie

...253 years ago, at a temple in the Terrin mountains...

Tural was at the main temple of the Ekinjin, out on the training grounds for the Knights and squires. He had been a squire to the Brotherhood of Light for three years now. He was committed, and he was grateful to be here. One of his long-ago decedents had founded this order, and he had been raised up among its teachings. He had forever wanted to be a knight, sense as far back as he could remember. Even before he became a Squire, his father had been teaching him horsemanship and swordsmanship. His mother, a Priest of the order, read him prayers and sermons like bedtime sorties when he was little.

Tural's faith was unquestioning, and his determination to succeed, and his desire to serve were strong. He took to his teachings with effortless ease. Some of the other Squires looked on him with no small bit of awe - knowing he was the literal decedent of the Angel who's teachings they followed. His teachers quashed that. Disallowed him from having pride in simply being of that blood line. Made sure he didn't think he was special because of it. They would make him humble if they had to beat it into him. Humility came to him naturally though. He wasn't greatly prideful or arrogant anyway, not more than any of the other boys his age, at least. He didn't think he was particularly special, compared to the rest of the Squires... or even the other boys in the village. He was, however, almost vein about his wings. They were beautiful more than he was attractive, and other people, he did notice, coveted them.

At the moment though, none of that mattered. He was stripped to the waste, bare chested, wearing white pants, belted at the waste, and sturdy boots. He brandished a wooden sword and shield as dodged back out of the his opponents reach as he thrust forward with his own wooden sword.

Incandesa

For Lillith, nothing was so fun as teasing young squires at the Temple courtyards. While she couldn't go directly onto the grounds, due to the god's blessing, all she really had to do was throw on a pretty face with clothes a bit too tights and the young boys would happily follow her wherever she called. It was hilarious how much power she had over them. Just a pretty word or two and plenty were willing to throw away their future vows for an hour with her. Today, she surmised would be no different.

However, when she looked down at the training grounds from her hiding place, she was taken aback for a second. The boy with the wooden sword in his hands was certainly good looking, blonde hair, muscles already developing, a nearly angelic face; he would certainly be a heartbreaker when he was an adult. Though, what really caught her eye was his beautiful wings. She could just look at them for hours. Her tail twitched with delight at the idea of capturing his first time.

Lillith chuckled to herself and quickly disguised herself as a pretty blonde girl, with clothes that were technically modest, but the cut of which outlined every curve she had a little too tightly with the neckline a little too low. Carefully, she made her way over to the temple fence and leaned on it. "Good morning, Sir Squire," she said with a charming smile. "You must be very strong to swing your sword so viciously." She rested her elbows on the fence and was bent forward just enough that he could see her cleavage. Then she batted her eyes just a bit, a tried and true tactic.

Marjorie

Tural was soaked with sweat. He had just won his last round of sparring for the day. He twisted the wooden sword around his wrist in a way you never could with a real sword, and bounced it off his elbow before catching it in his hand again. Showing off just a little, maybe.

He stretched out his wings. He'd been forced to keep them tucked in and not used them while he trained. Not until he'd mastered the basics, his instructors had imposed upon him, would he be aloud to use them to his advantage or disadvantage. They were sore from being tucked back without moving for so long. He fluttered his wings a little as he stretched out his arms, then folded them neatly behind his back again.

"Good morning, Sir Squire," she said with a charming smile. "You must be very strong to swing your sword so viciously."

Tural turned toward the sound of the voice, but what he saw was not what he expected. He paused --- literally froze, looking for a moment confused - did she have horns on her head. Was that a demon, talking to him threw the fence. So boldly.

Turnal walked over but kept a good six inches from the fence and never even glanced at her chest. "Pardon me miss, I know it's rude to stare, but I don't think I've ever seen a... person...? with gold horns and red skin before."

Incandesa

It took Lillith an entire second before she realized what he had just said. Panic began to rise in her, but she forced it down. Perhaps she simple hadn't put on disguise properly. She cast the spell again and then said, with a bit of charm speak, "Why do you say such strange things? You must be mistaken." At least now, even if she hasn't put it on right, the boy would believe her with the charm speak. It was fine, everything was fine.

"I like your wings," she said, trying to keep the conversation going as naturally as possible. It was best to always start with compliment as a distraction. Boys liked compliments almost as much as girls did, and they were certainly willing to work much harder to get them. "I've never seen anyone with wings like that before. Are you an angel or something?" It was a genuine compliment; a fake one was too easily spot, particularly in this situation.

Marjorie

Tural frowned. Was she dense in the head. He smiled at the complement though, and stretched out his wings, fluffed the feathers with an idle movement and refolded them. "Thank you." She was right about that, of course, boys did like complements too.

"Yes, actually," he said as if embarrassed to admit it. Pride was something the Knights would beat out of the squires if need be -- he had it, but it felt strange to show anything close to it. "Partly, at least."

Tural gestured toward her head with a finger, but yanked it back halfway threw the motion, it was rude to stare. Brother Ben would slap him upside the head if he saw him pointing at a woman -- even one so strange as this. "Is it not horns, perhaps a crown, of some sort? Please forgive my foolish ignorance. Should I be addressing you as my Lady or Your Grace? I do not wish to be rude."

He didn't, actually, wish to be rude, but he also was very confused by her response to his initial question. That and slightly caught off guard by the sudden, though it felt genuine, complement that followed.

Incandesa

Lillith was a little taken aback by the angel revelation, but things were beginning to fit together now. Luckily, he had inadvertently given her an out. "Why, yes, I am a Lady. Lady Lillith," she said, again adding charm speak. It wasn't a complete lie if you counted Lady of the Night. Then she turned the subject back to him. "So are all squires angels then, or just you? So your wings always stay like that or can you retract them or something? Can you fly when you fight?" The questions came out in rapid succession. They could not stay in the subject of her. If the boy blabbed and the tree people figured things out, she could hardly keep coming her for prey.

Marjorie

That really wasn't an answer to his question, but it was obvious that talking about it made the lady uncomfortable. "My apologies, Lady Lilith," he said, "please forgive me." He wasn't even sure what he was apologizing for - but the whole situation felt awkward now, and he was supposed to be some chivalrous, knight-to-be. The awkwardness, there for, likely must have been his fault, somehow.

"My wings?" He sounded surprised and chuckled softly, "Retractable, no. They're always there... sense the day I was born. No, again, also, to the question of us all being Angels. Most of us are just normal men," he was old enough. He could be called a man, so were the teenagers he trained with, even if he had 30-40 years on most of them. He looked about the same age as them, if not a little taller.

"So am I, actually, aside from the wings, I mean... I'm not particularly spectacular." There was the Knightly humility. He was supposed to posses.

"I can fly, but I'm not allowed to do so or use them when I fight - yet. The Knights say I must master the basics yet." He grinned, the way only a mischievous boy could. "Do you want to see me fly?" He shouldn't show off. It wasn't humble. He shouldn't even be this close to her - talking to her - he was shirtless, and stank of sweat, and dirty from a few rolls on the ground. It wasn't proper to address a proper lady in such a state.

Tural stretched out his wings to their full breath and then lifted them high and thrust them down twice, on the second flap he jumped and took to the air like a bird. He flew over the fence and landed beside her. He was practically grinning ear to ear.

Incandesa

"Wow," she cried as he took to the air and landed next to her. She went up to him and cautiously examined his wings, his arms, his chest. "I wish I had wings," she said mournfully. "They're so beautiful. Can-can I touch them?" Lillith didn't dare touch them without asking, for fear of scarring him away. "I promise I won't hurt them"

However, her eyes fell onto his lips and she remembered her first mission and an interesting thought popped into her head. She came just within kissing distance. "Please?" She asked. "Just for a bit..."

Marjorie

Tural took a half step back when Lady Lillith go so close to him. He'd never been that close to a girl - except maybe when he was a small child. Or by his mother when she'd held or hugged him as a child. It wasn't that the idea of her touching him repelled him, it was that he didn't mind the idea of it that bothered him.

He gave an awkward half smile. "I ah... you really shouldn't, Lady Lillith. It wouldn't be proper, and I do need to get back." He glanced threw the fence at the training ground. Most of the other boys had dispersed. They were old enough that sometimes they were left unsupervised for practice and workouts. He'd be missed if he didn't return shortly after the others.

He shrugged and offered her a last smile before leaping back up into the sky and flying back over the fence and back toward the barracks.

Incandesa

Disgruntled at having missed her target, Lillith arrived the next day to meet with the young angeling again. Come to think of it, he hadn't even given her his name. She caught him near the same fence where they first met, which was perfectly fine with her. His wings were still as beautiful as ever, and frankly there was a part of her that disliked how unfairly handsome he was. "So, do you think I could see you fly again, Sir?" she called over to him in a sweet tone.

This time around, she was wearing clothing revealing a bit more skin, a dark green dress that left her shoulders and much of her upper chest bare. Any initiate casually walking past and only seeing her disguise would have to do a double take.

Marjorie

Arnel was out running this morning. It was early still. He'd been to morning sermon and then to breakfast before throwing on his chain-mail and heading out the door. He was running at an easy pace. Geared up as he was, he'd have to take it easy if he wanted to keep it up for a while.

He glanced over his shoulder, stretching out his wings and tilting them so the breeze ruffled his feathers. "I don't know what you you think you look like," he shot back in response, not answering her question. "cantrips don't work on Angels though, lady Lillith." He smirked at her, looking rather self assured. Confused about yesterdays encounter, he had hit the library last night and done some research. He was pretty sure he knew exactly what she was now.

Incandesa

Lillith was taken aback, slightly beginning to panic. An angel? No, no he couldn't be. A real angel would've certainly killed her by now. And besides, he'd fallen for her charm speak, didn't he? Even if he could see through her disguise. No, he most certainly wasn't an angel. That was for sure. She took a moment to catch her breath before she replied, though her tail twitched a bit nervously all the same. The demoness puffed up her chest and decided to act cheeky. "Well apparently some of them still work on you, Mr. Not-an-Angel," she said with a touch of snark in her voice. She brought her tail up to her face to clean the nooks and crannies as she leaned on a nearby tree, seemingly seeing the boy as no more than a trivial issue. Although, she kept a careful watch on him out of the corner of her eye.

The demoness clicked her tongue as if she were scolding him. "tsk, tsk, tsk, It's not very good of you to lie, Mr. Squire. Hardly the kind of behavior befitting a knight. Should I start calling you Mr. Imposter instead? Not that you'd pass for an angel anyway. An angel would never look so shabby. Although, I will say the rough and tumble look isn't too bad on you," she teased. Then she gave a darling little laugh that she was careful not to aim directly at him. It would do no good to waste her smaller charms on him.

Marjorie

The demon-woman tisked at him when he came back around on his second lap. "That twitch in your tail, you know, its a pretty transparent tell." He glanced in the direction of the odd appendage (funny he should think such a thing, given his massive wings).

"I never lie," Tural responded as he neared her threw the fence again. "You have heard of Swrgkin, the Angel who founded this order - my great-grandfather?" He unfurled his wings and gave a single might downward flap before refolding them, it gave him the effect of momentary weightlessness, allowing him to bound ahead several feet in a single step as he ran. "Where do you think I get the wings from?"

Incandesa

All the eye rolls in all the world couldn't compare to the one Lillith gave Tural, however the twitch in her tail immediately stopped. "Judging by you, Mr. Imposter, wings clearly don't make an angel. Just because your grandfather, or whatever, was something doesn't make you one too."

She picked up a flower and began to pluck the petals one by one. "Look at you all high and mighty. You're just as much a human as anything else. You'll still fall for lies, (pluck) greed (pluck), betrayal (pluck), temptation (pluck). All it takes is the right price and humans crumble like dust."

Just then, one of the other boys, Johnathon, came out looking for Tural. "Tural, are you out –" but then he caught sight of the beautiful girl leaning next to the tree talking to his friend. "Oh, Miss, hello there, I, um," Completely tongue tied, he blushed and stammered as he stood there rather awkwardly; his eyes wandering down to her chest. A sly smile crossed her lips as she looked at the prey that had practically gift wrapped itself to her. Lillith leaned toward him and way from Tural.

Marjorie

"Come on Jonathan," Tural said, catching the other boy's forearm with his hand, "she's not worth our time. Nothing but pretty lies and damnation in that one." Then he turned away from her, and headed back toward the compound where the two of them lived.