Species Human
Ethnicity Thanati
Height 5'0"
Orientation Heterosexual
Occupation Ex-Priestess
Residence Thanati jungles

__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Yona has pale blonde hair usually kept in the simple, elegant style of the priestesses who raised her, though if she allows it to remain unbound it falls almost to the backs of her thighs. Her eyes are deep, dark brown, set in an open, moon shaped face.

Her skin is gently tanned from a childhood spent playing and working outdoors-- though despite that her build isn't all that muscular. She is, for lack of a better word, small. Tiny, petite, slender, whatever word you want to use, it applies.

For much of her life she typically wore the simple haori or robes of the monks and priestesses who raised her, though in the last year she has favored loose, comfortable clothes that blend in with the jungles of her homeland.

Personality
Typically soft spoken, Yona is a kind soul at her core, generally sweet and nonthreatening. There is not a deceptive bone in her body, and her emotions are usually worn plainly for all to see.

However, that is not to say she is naive, or easy to take advantage of. Perhaps Yona herself has put it best:

"My kindness is not weakness. My innocence is not ignorance. My fear does not diminish my courage. I am not a lone flame sputtering in the dark.

I am an inferno
."

(These words were spoken by Yona moments before she killed a group of fifteen men who were attacking her home.)

Magic/Abilities
Yona is not a particularly skilled fighter, physically, and other than the general stamina that a life of physical temple labor provides she's nothing all that special.

Her magic, however, is incredibly powerful.

Taboo in Thanatos, her affinity is for elements. All elements: earth, air, water, and fire.

Relationships
The monks and priestesses who raised her have been the only family she ever knew, though she hasn't seen them in more than a year. She was closest with a woman twelve years her senior named Ruka. 

History
At barely one year old, already the baby that would come to be called Yona was showing her strong elemental affinity. Fearing the forbidden magic, her parents abandoned the child on the steps of a temple high in the mountains of the Thanati jungle. A monk found her and, despite her unnatural magic, decided she would be taken care of at the temple.

Yona lived in relative peace and happiness for most of her life. Though not a priestess, she was raised among them, and she learned much from their teachings. She was also taught to control her magic-- to the extent that it took to suppress her "unnatural flaw".

While she respected her saviors' teachings and believed them wholeheartedly, that she could not understand. Unnatural. How could something that connected her so deeply to the very elements themselves, to the heart of nature, be wrong?

So, sometimes, she would sneak off into the trees to practice her abilities on her own.

One day, when Yona was growing out of "the girl" of the temple and becoming "young woman", the lordly son of a nearby town's leader began visiting the temple. Frequently. He quickly took a fancy to Yona, and after nearly a year of less-than-subtle hints, finally demanded that she return to his family's home to be his wife.

She refused.

Unused to being told "no", the young lordling...did not take it well. He returned to the temple the next day with just over a dozen men, intending to take Yona by force. The monks attempted to stop him, but he took one of the priestesses hostage. Threatening to kill Ruka-- a woman who had been mother, sister, and friend to Yona throughout her life-- if she did not come with him, he made his stand outside the temple gates.

And Yona destroyed him.

She destroyed them all.

Terrified by her own power, Yona finally realized why elemental magic was forbidden. She ran.

The young man's father was, understandably perhaps, rather peeved at the loss of his son. Demanding justice (vengeance) for his death, he placed a bounty on the young woman for her to be brought to him alive.

__________________THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads

Complete Threads