Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Recent posts

Coastal Serendipity / Re: Latent Dream (Summervale) ...
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 06:21:24 AM
Fletcher smiled at him and Theo burst into tears. The weight of the months of their deteriorating friendship that had resulted in his disgusting, violent, on cruel outburst on the training grounds followed by his own guilt-filled pity party and broken hand slammed into him all at once. Oh how he had missed that smile, had missed his friend and their bond. To have it now when he deserved it the least just made him cry harder. His medicine was precariously abandoned so he could bury his face in his hands while sobbed all the harder. 

"I don't deserve it...or you. I have been so awful to you and I'm so sorry. I'm a terrible friend."
Last post by Nightcrawler - March 27, 2024, 09:54:47 PM
Satisfied that Theo wouldn't spill the medicine all over himself, Fletch stepped away to stand awkwardly over him. He lasted all of two seconds like that before finding a spot at the foot of the bed and sitting there instead. "None," he replied. "By any measure that counts, anyways. The healer made sure your mum took it seriously. If she tries to pretend she didn't hear him, I'm sending for him again and again until she shuts her damned mouth."

He laughed softly and smiled what must have been his first genuine smile at Theo in weeks. "I think I've about had it with her," he continued. "And I suppose that means you'll get some entertainment if she starts her shit back up. Something to look forward to, ey?"

Fletcher motioned with his head towards the unconsumed medicine. "Drink it, please. It's for the pain."
Last post by GoblinFae - March 27, 2024, 08:37:01 PM
Theo recoiled his head back from the drink as he attempted to reach for it with his injured right hand. He was still so foggy from passing out and the pain, that it took several reaching attempts to figure out that he couldn't use that hand and that was the reason why Fletcher was playing keep away with the cup. Finally, he managed to accept it with his left hand although he immediately placed it in his lap instead of drinking from it.

"What happened? Why am I...home? Yes, home. How much trouble am I in?"
Connlaoth / Vae Corson, half-demon alchemi...
Last post by wandering_giraffe - March 27, 2024, 08:15:41 PM
QUICK STATS

Name
Vae Corson

Height
6'7

Species
Half demon half human

Occupation
Alchemist and assassin for hire. Specialty is poisons. Owns his own shop that is full of dark artifacts, rare artifacts, and poisons, elixirs, and potions of all types.

IN DEPTH STUFF

Physical description
Vae is a very muscular, tall man. His only not normal feature is he has two long maroon horns on his head.
He dresses simple, usually wearing black boots, a green or red tunic tucked into black pants, a silver belt, and a small dagger in one boot. Vae has got a grisly, nasty scar starting below his bottom left rib and going all the way up his torso, stopping just below his eye. He's got runic tattoos covering his back and his torso, and mysterious black bands on each arm. His eyes are green but can turn black or red. His horns also shift colors and can grow.

Personality
Vae is dangerous. Manipulative and destructive, Vae can act caring until he gets what he wants. He doesn't much care for the Mordecai or the mages. He's turned in a few mages, and killed a few Mordecai. Vae just does what he feels.
He is a hopeless romantic however, and has a secret nice side to him...if you're lucky enough to get close enough to him to find it.
Sometimes he'll play the good guy solely because he's bored.

Magic/Abilities
Vae can heal, but at the cost of some of whoever he's trying to heal. Mostly in soul energy. He's discovered that different artifacts and even some elixirs have different soul energies that can give him longer life and sometimes strange, temporary abilities.

Relationships
He keeps his circle pretty small.

History
Last post by Nightcrawler - March 27, 2024, 07:18:00 PM
There was, at last, something he could do to feel useful. He hated the circumstances for it, mind, but all the fire in his nerves and that pit in his stomach had to go somewhere, and now there was something to direct it towards. He gave Theo the full seat in the carriage so that the man could lay down, opting to hang off the side like a highwayman — much to the chagrin and constant complaint of the Baroness. By the time they'd reached the manor, he and Tiff had worked out a suitable shift in the guard rotation so that Theo's medication could be administered as ordered. The man helped haul Theo gently up the stairs and lay him in bed before heading off to relay the news to Ash and Niles. Neish helped Fletcher get the bedside table set up with water and tea and scones and some honey to take with his medicine.

And she left, too, and it was quiet. For two more hours it remained that way — Theo resting, Fletcher sitting and pacing and sitting again. Finally, he dragged a chair next to the bed and slumped down into it and stared off at the far wall. His mind continued to race, and every time he looked at Theo and Theo's hand, the weight became more pronounced. Those thoughts bubbled to the surface again: how he'd caused this. How, in his overconfidence, he'd thought that surely he could fix it all if he only stayed and tried hard enough. How in staying, he'd started to become the very man that he opposed: both Theo's father, and his own.

It all pointed to one conclusion. And it was one that he had avoided at all costs, because truthfully, he didn't want to leave anymore — not out of some sense of duty to Theo or the dog, but because he'd lose a friend. Or...whatever they were anymore. But if he wanted to do the least harm, he might have to break that very promise he'd sworn to keep. And he should do it soon, too, before mid-winter. To keep Theo from seeing where he went at his very lowest.

Theo shifted and groaned, jolting Fletcher from his thoughts. He stood abruptly without a word and began to measure out the mandragora into a small glass of honeyed tea on the bedside table. "Here," he muttered. "Drink this."
Sirantil Valley / Re: Mirror, Mirror
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:47:40 PM
"Yes. Those rebels." She sighed. "I know it's kind of mad, but...what choice do we really have right now?"

Kiara frowned, though the expression was more confusion this time than anything else. "Wait wait wait—what do you mean the remainder of your life?"
Draconi Forest / Re: Lost Fledgling [MadEmperor...
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:45:43 PM
Lanaya jerked get attention away from her grimoire and to her apprentice. "I—"

She exhaled slowly. "I...have another friend. Another member of my flock, but he doesn't live here with the rest of us. I asked him about your...condition soon after you arrived. I'd hoped to have heard back from him about something, but..."

She sighed, her shoulders slumping a bit. "I'm...sorry, Grimr. I'm worried that—that I won't be able to help you. That it might be better if..."

She couldn't even say it. She didn't want to send him away—for either of their sakes.
Hivan Ocean / Re: On Stranger Tides
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:35:56 PM
"Silent as the grave, us two," Hana agreed, still laughing a bit herself. She tried to sober herself and straightened up a bit. Snapping into a quick, only slightly sarcastic salute, she said, "Percy told us you needed us—reporting for final duties, captain!"
The Thunderblacks / Re: City of Stone
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:26:50 PM
Nani's brow furrowed as she stared up at the spire, considering. Calculating.

"...Island hopping."

She looked at Ein, starting to smile a bit. "We can do this. We treat it like island hopping—I'll teach you."

She glanced down at Vander, then back up. "You'll have to carry the dog though."
Niahi Woods / Re: All Creatures Great and Sm...
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:23:41 PM
Krysta rolled her eyes theatrically. "Stars, where do you get this stuff?" she huffed, more to herself than to Ivan.

Were their really mortals who thought this? Well—obviously there must be. Ivan didn't sound like he was spouting it off the top of his head. And he'd said something about being "taught".

She shrugged and shook her head. "Well. I suppose it doesn't really matter if you listen to me or not—it won't change the way the world works. Magic just is."