Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Thanks! I was hoping to have more time this weekend but then I had to work later than expected but as I'm reviewing stuff and ready for plots, I'll let you all know and we can start posts / plots.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Okay! Posting here to reach out to all my former plotting partners for this event. I'm going to start off slow and revive what threads and plots are possible to revive, then I'll eventually reach out for some new stuff so I don't get too overwhelmed too fast! I haven't roleplayed here in a good while and I'm hoping to get back into things!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eckhart_Von_Musel

I wasn't really around when the Civil War was in full swing a few years ago, but I have a bunch of characters in Connlaoth and would be thrilled to participate this time around! Let me know when you're ready for new plots and I'd be happy to throw some of my guys at them :)

visualspice

Since I lost my profile links, it may take some time for me to dig up all my characters and figure out where I left off, but I'll keep you all posted!

DaGlobster

Quote from: visualspice on January 21, 2020, 04:01:54 PM
Okay! Posting here to reach out to all my former plotting partners for this event. I'm going to start off slow and revive what threads and plots are possible to revive, then I'll eventually reach out for some new stuff so I don't get too overwhelmed too fast! I haven't roleplayed here in a good while and I'm hoping to get back into things!

Heya Spice! I remember sending you a message I think a month or so back but in case you didn't get it I am also still here and also can help you dig up some of our old threads/characters. Shoot me a PM whenever's comfortable for you and we can get back into things at your pace.

Great to have you back!!!! 8D

visualspice

Just a reminder the Civil War plot is active once again and looking for plots! Toss 'em here if you got 'em!
Or feel free to ask me any questions~

visualspice

PLOT IDEAS and open characters of mine!

LEMME KNOW IF YOu"RE INTERESTED and link a character of yours to propose or propose an idea of one you'd like to make!

First up is my newest General character:
So I'm looking for a 'it's complicated' love interest for my newer General Character in the Connlaothian war story. His profile is here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23474.0 and a potential open thread for this lady character is here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23475.msg350562#msg350562

Looking for friends/ comrads/ potential new lover interest for my female soldier:
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16384.0
Igna Martisse
The thread she was in was pretty complicated, and the thread partner is unfortunately gone- so in order to move her on, I'm going to have her needing to deal with her lover's death and all those awful feelings attached while still being involved deeply rooted into the war.

Leif Arrant:
He has recently risen in rank to Duke with his father's passing.
He has an alter ego
I'd be interested in rping either or both of his personas with someone!
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=15161.0

I have more but I'll post them later! Reply to this (as stated above) if interested in any of these characters!

Kingfisher

So, I've been flipping through some of the old Auxiliary pages - Namely:
OFFICIAL CONNLAOTH CIVIL WAR REFERENCE PAGE
Connlaothian Duchy Information Pages

Based on the "Current as of 2017" information, both Ardal and Vythe are ruled by retired users.

I only mentioned this in passing a while back but I've since fallen in love with the idea, given their (likely) contested nature and my group's proximity to the area, I was thinking Alexis and the AshGuards' first big play would be to take control of one of these Duchy and ally outright with rebel forces...

visualspice

I haven't posted any updates on Duchy availability since I was waiting to hear back from a few members, but those are one of the plotting points that will be discussed in the coming months! Those duchies in particular I will have to get back to you on since I can't recall off the top of my head their particulars but I'll get back to you soon on this!

visualspice

Just posting here since not everyone is on discord for plots- but I'm open to start plotting things for this event so shoot me a DM, message me on discord or post here your characters and thoughts! I'd love to see your thoughts of stories you want to develop around this dynamic and (once a lot more active >_> ) event!

visualspice

The following duchys are/ will be open for plots and leaders as we wind down and work on the last few chapters of the Civil War in Connlaoth.

Ardal, Vythe and Ahjfeld
Keep on mind it's a blood line patriarchy and odds are that they'd be more along the lines of supporting the Grand Duke-

But toss me your ideas for politics and drama!

visualspice

Ardal has been claimed!
@Solaire and his character, Valen.

This still leaves open Ahjfeld and Vythe.

Ahjfeld was pretty decimated by the war and the Grand Duke is pushing to get it reestablished under a prounion control. Blood line does play a part but war hero's would be considered!

Vythe's family recently fell but can have some wiggle room as well. It's not without its wounds from the war. We seek a new Duke for these lands as well!
They were known for their supply efforts for the war but can be molded into other means, like mining etc since there are mountains.

Message me or post here if you're interested and have questions!

Also the following Dukes may be in search of wives!
Duke Edward Draven of Highheart (maybe? Depends @Draconian ? I believe their was meant to be marriage complications?) Correct me if I'm wrong!
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=15572.msg155789#msg155789
*I also would be up for replacements here if the ideas are delicious enough 🤔

Duke Leif Arrant of Castavar- his wife has been lost to the war, but he's a pretty awful candidate as husband but hey.. he's a Duke (with an alternative masked ego he dawns at night )
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=15161.0

Aaaaaand
Potentionally the Grand Duke, as his wife had fallen ill and passes a few years ago
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=13795.msg116719#msg116719

DragonSong

I know I'm a little sporadic on posts these days, but I'd be down to throw Reina at Leif as maybe some sort of political bargaining chip? Her family is already strengthens ties in Connlaoth with one sibling, they may as well shoot for two lol. Only if that's of interest to you tho!

visualspice

She and her family could definitely try! Leif is pretty arrogant and would not come to the decision to wed lightly.

visualspice

So now that I'm looking to organize an 'after math' of the civil war; who is up for PEACE TALKS?

The war has been going on for so long, I think it's time a discussion to settle the event ought to be a thing as a soonish event in the timeline of the war.
Obviously things can't just be so smooth, but a lot of the duchies are tired of the war and want things resolved, so a lot of battles have dwindled off and it's more or less back to just the Grand Duke's men versus the current Turgall army and mage supporting resistance.

Naturally, this would coax the Grand Duke into 'Peace Talks'- but... just how well could this even go? And... would those still opposing the Grand Duke even wish to meet in hopes to find some sort of semblance of peace?
Keep in mind, prior to the event, the duchies always had little skirmishes against one another, so- we shall see!

How peaceful can a peace talks be? XD

Let me know your thoughts and plots!