Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Unexpected Witness/Is this the End of the World?(Rhi)

Started by Aeytrious, April 02, 2013, 05:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeytrious

Deep in the Kishahn Jungle -this time-, not far from one of the five World Trees the druids here -this here- called the Great Oaks, in a -sometimes- rarely found clearing, away from prying eyes -mostly-, a battle was fought -maybe- that decided -or perhaps not- the fate of the universe. Such is the way with time. Things don't always happen the same everywhen. In that version of that now in that version of that place, things would happen that way -kinda- if they happened at all.

A lone figure stood waiting, impatiently, for someone or something that was apparently later than expected. Between his light absorbing silvery-gray cloak and his light bending black armor, it's hard to keep your eyes on him, if you were present to lay your eyes on him in the first place that is. He fidgets a bit, tapping his toe, and glances up to check the light of the sun. The ground suddenly begins to shake. The quake, rather intense, even toppled nearby trees, and a large boulder cracked letting forth a stream of water. The man seemed completely unfazed, as if he didn't feel the tremors. Ominously dark clouds rapidly filled the sky, lightning flashed, thunder clapped, and a heavy deluge began to fall. Again the man seemed unfazed. The heavy downpour seemed as if it was bending around him. But that couldn't be so, could it? Perhaps it was a trick of the light?

Between the rolling ground and the downpour, nobody for miles would be having a pleasant time, but the man stood, now motionless, through it all. It continued steadily for an hour, the new stream, and the rain, flooded the clearing. As the water level rose, an on looker would have trouble not noticing that the man rose with it. At first glance his feet appeared to be firmly planted on the ground. But as that was no longer ground but the surface of the rising water level, that couldn't be possible. Faster than it all began, the quake and the rain stopped. A large bolt of lightning split the air and struck nine meters in front of the lone figure. He was undaunted.

A vertical slash of light appeared at the spot where the bolt struck and extended six meters into the air. Something inside the light pried at it, attempting to widen it, and in a moment succeeded. Giant tentacles pushed their way out and widened the portal more. Soon it was as wide as it was tall, and a giant monster began to push its way through. Its bulbous face, with three eyes, and a maw filled with razor sharp teeth, swiveled around, viewing the scene as it struggled to get through. It quickly spotted the man and paused in its writhing.

"You're late!", the man called to it. "Other mes' have already finished this encounter. I may have all the time in the world, but I still value punctuality."

The creature, not pleased with the beratement, let out a roar at the man. "Bow to me mortal, for I have come to devour this world, and all the others in this puny universe. You are nothing in the path of Mr'latipla. I will honor you with being devoured first."

"Really?", the man said sarcastically and with a smirk. With feigned enthusiam he continued, "You promise? I always wanted to be the first to be devoured by an arrogant being that believes itself superior to all other lifeforms in the multiverse." The man lifted his legs into the air and floated in front of the creature in a prostrate position. "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" The man then began to laugh and roll around in the air. "You galactic destroyers are all so cliché. Did you really think I would subjugate myself to you? And whats with the tentacles? Can't any of you evolve to have arms and legs, why are you always monstrous."

The monster, Mr'latipla, first looked confused, then stunned, and finally angry. It began to slap its tentacles against the water and the trees in the area. "You dare mock me!? I am Mr'latipla, destroyer of worlds, devourer of universes, I am God!"

That seemed to upset the man, as he stopped his laughing and rolling about and stood in the air before the beast. "I caught your name the first time, not that it matters, and the narrator is right. That did piss me off. You are not God, perhaps A god. Little g though, not big g. I know a thing or two about the big g God. He's way cooler than you. Too busy to deal with you, that's why I'm here." The man walked forward as if up invisible stairs. "It would be nice if I could just unplug your big window and cut you in half, end this quick and easy. But as this isn't that universe I'll have to do it the hard way. Lets make it interesting for the readers." And with that he dashed forward, a beautiful bastard sword appearing in his right hand, and a eerie white sickle in his left.

Mr'latipla swung at the man with all his tentacles, battering him with suckers and barbs. As fast as the man was, dodging and twisting, spinning through the air, hacking at the appendages, some were able to strike him. He let go of his sword and it began to dance and spin around him, slashing at the reaching tentacles. He drew another sword from under his cloak and began to hack his way to the eyes of the beast. As a clear shot presented itself he threw his sickle like a boomerang. It slashed across one of the giant eyes, and returned to the man, now half blood red. Between the dancing sword and his own slashes, he was getting covered in black ichor, ichor that was beginning to smoke.

Between the burning, poisonous ichor, and the barbs on the tentacles, the battle was taking its toll and the man was slowing. He threw his sickle at another of the eyes, but on its return the monster Mr'latipla knocked it out of its flight. Now separated from his dancing sword, by several severed tentacles, and his sickle lying who knew where, the man had only his simple steel short sword. He ran toward the maw of the beast, heedless of the damage he was sustaining from the many blows, and the looming danger of the maw itself.

"You promised to devour me first, here's your chance!" The man let out a war cry as he dove into the maw, past its razor sharp teeth. Mr'latipla began to laugh at the foolishness of the man, and at its own success, but soon grew very still. After a moment it began to writhe intensely and let out a hideous scream. It began to uproot trees and even smashed the nearby boulder to dust, plugging up the new stream. Then the creature was still again. The man cut his way out of the beast, and stumbled away, falling to hands and knees, as it, and its severed parts, began to smoke and burn with black flames. The portal winked out of existence now that Mr'latipla was no longer willing it open.

Covered in the black ichor, and the slimy purple guts of his newly slain foe, he crawled to the dying stream. The battle had knocked away most of the water in the area, and he hated waking up in a mess. No luck this time, he didn't have the strength to clean up. He turned to face the jungle nearby and gave a weak wave.

"I don't know who's out there this time, or how, or why you happened to find this place today. I know you've been watching since before the quake started. At least you didn't try to help this time. Others did, will, and most die." He laid down, rolling onto his back. "Well come out then", he called, "No reason not to come ask your questions. Have your curiosity satisfied. But hurry, this me won't be alive much longer." With that he let out a long sigh, and waited. Soon this horrible mortal pain would end -hopefully-.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Her bounty had lead her deep into the jungle, a place Axieva was not too keen on exploring. The climate was all wrong; too wet, too humid. There were far too many biting bugs, and her brown skin sported a number of red, angry bumps that she'd scratched already scratched raw. Growling, she squashed a biting fly that landed on her shoulder, and it left behind a red smear--proof that it had fed from her already.

Blast it.

The bounty was not really worth all the hassle, but boredom had made her accept.

And she quickly discovered that bored was one thing she would not be on this journey.

It was while she was bending to sniff and examine some tracks, ears flicking against the buzzing flies, that the ground began to shake and the sky split open. And then began the chaotic sounds.

Cursing, Axieva did the sensible thing--she took cover in the foliage and laid low, ears erect and listening. Something was going to die today, and the curiosity over just what made her creep along through the underbrush, following the sounds by staying low and covered. May as well look and see what she needed to fear, if anything, because there was no sense remaining by those tracks; already they were full of water and useless to her, and soon they would be washed away completely.

By the time she found the noise's source, the battle was over. A human lay by the steam, covered in black liquid and guts, the strong scent of offal making her nose twitch. Whatever the human had fought, it was gone.

And he was wounded and alone. Not her bounty, but that mattered little, for she was nothing if not opportunistic.

Just as she was about to slink from the cover of the trees, the man waved in her direction and spoke, and for an instant she froze, ears going back. What the...? Oh, whatever. He clearly realized his own mortality. Good. That would make this easier for them both.

Grinning, lips pulling away to bare sharp teeth and those strange tusks, Axieva stepped closer and flexed her fingers, joints cracking. She was aware that she must have looked a little worse for wear, smeared with mud and wet leaves, braid hanging limp and sopping, the deerskin wrap around her waist torn and dirty, and she just hoped it made her look fiercer. Her hooves sank into the mud with each step, but she tried to ignore it; it would not be very intimidating if she got stuck or tripped.

"No. I would not have helped," she said, voice thick and strangely accented, the tusks affecting her speech. "It was a fight, yes? Then no. I would have waited to see who lived, and pick over what is left. As I am now."

She squatted down near his head and drew a hunting knife from its sheath, strapped to her upper thigh. Watching him, she picked mud from beneath her claws with its tip. "My only concern is, whatever it is, it is dead now, yes?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Ritousaey smirked at his new company. The air about her had him feeling that their relationship would be strange and complicated. She was a Peryton, and quite a striking specimen. It was apparent at a glance that she was a veteran at living dangerously, and her frank attitude about scavenging from him was both appalling and refreshing. It was better than slitting his throat without a word, though he knew it was not out of courtesy.

"Well you are about the loveliest doe I've seen all century, perhaps a bit worse for wear, but still lovely. And you are correct, the little-g god I fought is dead this time. And so I am mortal for now, and dying again, as you can see." Rit finished with as much of a flourish as he could manage in his present condition, and smiled as broadly as this face would let him. He then lifted his hands and silently willed Bright Rose and Blood Moon to return to him. He set them down gently to his sides and crossed his arms.

"I have little that I would let you keep that would be much use to you in this world, but you're welcome to scrounge through my things. And if you plan on eating me, you'd probably want  to be quick about it." He gave her a small smile at that and continued, "The sooner I die, the sooner I won't be okay with being eaten anymore. And after I die, I'd like to ask you some questions. If that's okay with you anyway. This me is much more respectful of personal boundaries and doesn't go around reading everyone's minds." Rit paused and cocked his head to the side in thought.

"I'm a bit surprised at your patience. Other you's have already killed other me's. I am Ritousaey, all powerful guardian of the multiverse," another flourish for announcing his title. "Might I inquire about your name before you decide your next actions?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva listened to him; there was no need to rush, for he would not be running, so he could at least say his piece. She had no idea what half of what he said meant, for it made no sense. Little gods? Dying again? Ask her questions after he died? Other hers? No, he was speaking nonsense, clearly, and Axieva reasoned that it was simply the gibberish of the dying. People often said strange and nonsensical things when they were fading out of this world; delusions of grandeur fit right into that.

It might have been more alarming, listening to him, if she weren't so used to ferrying others through to the other side.

When he was finished, she gave a small, noncommittal grunt. At the very least, she could appreciate him calling her lovely, and chose to believe the compliment was sincere and not deliriousness. It was also a first--'lovely' was the last thing most anyone called her.

"Hmm. Very well. You may know me as Axieva, for what little it's worth," she said at last, eying him. A small grin stretched her lips. "And for the compliment, I'll see you suffer little."

Raising her dagger, she pressed the blade to his throat, right beneath his ear. "Sleep well, Ritousaey."

And then in one swift, smooth motion, she opened his throat.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Countless eons of being and he never could get used to dying. Released from his mortal shell, like the air bursting from a bubble, sudden and violent, thrust into an intangible state. His ripples in the waters of time would not clear, the truth of his existence would not fade and disappear. He was eternal. His view of the aggregate life cycles of this place flashed by in an instant, but never his life before his eyes. The endless possibilities that would all occur at some point on the recondite web of the multiverse were most clear in that fragment of a thought of a moment that hardly endured in that fabled juncture. The labyrinthine vision would consume the minds of lesser beings, of lesser gods, with the vast illumination. It was all so magnificent and repugnant in its balance. But there were holes where he could not see his future selves.
        Viewing his own past timeline was done with ease, but seeing his own future was forbidden. Why, he was not sure, beyond that God had decided it in his creation. Having a non-linear timeline made the holes appear behind, as often as in front of his current point, and those around him were lost in the shadows of the unknown. This doe Axieva was an interesting child. Where he didn't interact with her long, he could see more journeys, more blood, more survival. So many paths, so much possible death, but zero malice. She was so close to the center, so balanced, so grey, and the balance didn't even matter to her. It was all about self. So very interesting. A better adjective was needed. Provocative, fascinating, alluring, riveting, curious, compelling, stimulating, magnetic, mag-net-ic. That was the word for it. He could spend centuries watching all the intriguing paths she could and would take. But her immediate future he could not see. He was too close. Ritousaey would have to enter the mortal world again and experience it himself. The question was how long to wait before entering his shell and mending it.
        It would surely be a new experience for Axieva. Hopefully she didn't run, not that a chase wouldn't be interesting. It was just much more simple when they were fascinated by his resurrection rather than terrified. Sliding back to his perception of the mortal world he watched her, and waited for the best time to enter his body and come back to life.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva was unaware of any of that.

All she knew in that moment was the metallic scent of blood as it pumped into the wet soil, and the red, coppery taste as she licked it from her knife and hand. This had been an interesting detour from her mission, but it was a necessary one. She would have needed to hunt soon, anyway, and this saved her the trouble.

Even better, this allowed her to indulge her particular craving.

She waited for him to die, patient as ever, and when the blood stopped flowing and his heart stopped beating, she cut his soiled shirt from his body and got to work. She had no idea what he had meant when he'd suggested she be quick in eating him--more nonsense, likely--but she needed to work fast anyway before the noise and blood attracted other predators.

Taking her knife, she worked with a surgeon's ease and familiarity, sawing down his middle and opening his abdomen. Then she plunged her hand into the wound, feeling around his chest cavity, until she found what she wanted.

She pulled out a chunk of bloodied liver and bit into it.

Aeytrious

Watching himself be eaten was not new to Ritousaey, though it was not the most frequent of experiences. He waited for Axieva to finish her meal before starting the healing process. It only took a few moments to mend his broken form. First replacing the parts Axieva had consumed. Next pulling his exterior back together and then mending his many wounds from the recent battle. Finally he reentered his mortal shell and opened his eyes. The whole process only took Rit about 30 seconds, and could have happened faster if he had desired it.

"So Axieva, was I a satisfactory meal?" Rit prepared himself for a quick reaction to her response. She could respond violently or with quick flight. One never knew with humanoids.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva finished off the liver and began to lick her hands clean and groom her face. It would be a pity to leave behind so much meat, but she needed to keep moving, and there was no possible way she could carry it all. The swords by his side inspired only mild interest; they looked pretty, but they were too big and clunky for someone like her, who relied more on stealth and speed. Her own natural weapons, and her own small dagger, were enough for her, so the jungle would be claiming those tools as well.

Oh well. Time to move on.

Rising to her hooves, she turned her back to the body and prepared to leave, though she got no further than two steps before a familiar voice spoke behind her.

A violent chill ripped through her, gripping her, stealing her breath and freezing her limbs right before that instinctive burst of fight or flight instinct kicked in.

With a vicious snarl, she spun around and flew into a crouch, knife out, teeth bared, and eye locked on the man she'd just killed and eaten. A man who now looked perfectly fine, like he had never been dead at all, like she hadn't opened his arteries and torn out his liver. Panic spiked within her at that thought--what had she eaten, then?

She growled, low and deep in her throat, body taut. "I killed you!" And she looked about ready to kill him again.

Aeytrious

Rit couldn't help but feel amused. He cracked a small smile, and it was all he could do to hold back his mirth. Laughing at a time like this would surely seem a bit sinister, and that would not be the sort of message he wanted to send. He sat up slowly and carefully, making a placating gesture by patting the air with his hands. Axieva was clearly on the fight end of the fight or flight scale, but at least her reaction had not been immediately violent.
        "I tend to get that more frequently than I would like," he said with mirth showing in his voice. "I did try to warn you a bit, though I'm sure at that point it probably seemed like randomly released neurotransmitters crossing my synaptic gaps as I died. Nobody listens to the ravings of a dying man." Rit was hoping that his calm demeanor would put Axieva at ease. He really didn't want to have to protect himself. In his now immortal state, she posed no threat, and he couldn't accidentally kill her, but fighting rarely made starting a new relationship easy.
        "As you can see, I'm not a regular mortal. I'm sure your usual humanoid curiosity will have you wanting to ask questions, which I'd be more than happy to trade for questions I have for you." He paused, but continued before she could respond, "I am however filthy and my things a bit tattered. If you don't mind, I'd like to freshen up, but I figured quick movements would cause undo actions."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Her head was spinning and a sick, gruesome feeling twisted her insides. The meat in her belly suddenly felt very heavy and for a moment she felt like she might sick it up. But she swallowed hard past the lump in her throat and held it down, licking her lips like a nervous dog. Never in her life had she dealt with something like this, something so unnatural, and with no frame of reference for how to handle it, she defaulted to fear and aggression.

It didn't help that, like earlier, she didn't understand half of what he was saying. But unlike earlier, there was no rational excuse for it. These weren't the 'ravings of a dying man', these were the words of a fully conscious, healthy individual. And that made it worse.

She pinned her ears back and growled again. "No. You stay there," she said, lips curling in a snarl and knife pointed at him. "How is it you live? What are you?"

Aeytrious

At least she didn't attack him without hesitation. Axieva was clearly not in the most calm state, but she seemed to be keeping her head cool. Explanations were not easy, but he'd try to keep this one as simple as possible.

"Well, I did already tell you. I am the all powerful guardian of the multiverse. I was created by God, the God, creator of all things. Nobody directly worships the creator. God centered faiths follow deities that were created by the creator or one someone down the ladder of godhood." This was already getting away from the simple explanation Rit intended to give, but he decided to power through it.

"I can pretty much do anything you could imagine and more. I kill gods, save worlds, galaxies, universes, and destroy them as well. I was given limitations and made to live as a mortal quite a few times, so I wouldn't get out of control. Perception is important when you're given the job to judge all of creation." He smiled at that, hopefully in a disarming matter, and continued, "With the blink of an eye I could smudge out this world from existence, though it would be simpler just not to save it. And remaining here in this state is more about your safety than mine, and as I hope to cultivate a relationship of some kind with you as well, I'd prefer not to have to kill you and then bring you back to life. That usually upsets people. And I enjoy your lovely face from this angle. That look in your eye is splendidly terrifying." Another smile, this time going for charming. Apparently this new form was perpetually randy. Side effects of the race he was given? Or maybe the creator just wanted to have fun with him. He did sometimes think he was really a cosmic joke, rather than an all powerful guardian.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"What? What?" That was all Axieva could manage in response to his explanation. She stared at him as though he'd sprouted a third eye and an extra mouth, her own mouth gaping.

Perhaps this one didn't have to be dying to be crazy. And he seemed so certain of what he was saying, the words pouring out like he'd explained this many times before and filled with the sort of steadfast conviction that said he believed every one of them.

She, however, did not. But she did believe he was very dangerous.

And had he just threatened to kill her?

Threatened to kill her, then complimented her.

She hissed at that and jerked backwards in alarm. It had been flattering when he was dying, but now she didn't know what to do with it.

"I am that, and you are crazy," she finally managed, shaking her head. "Thinking himself all-powerful, a world-destroyer. Ha!" Of course, things didn't exactly add up--like the part where he was able to come back from the dead. That part had her stumped, but rather than attempt to understand it, she rejected it altogether.

"Only one can destroy worlds, and that is not some...some human fawn. Stop talking, now, you speak stupid. Go." She made a waving gesture with her dagger, still crouched and poised to lunge or flee. "Water is that way."

Aeytrious

Rit made a great deal of effort to not use his power for mundane tasks. He felt it kept him from the temptation of abusing them. Her reaction was not totally unexpected and gave him the feeling he should push things a bit rather than try to explain again. Some theatrics were in order if he was going to make her a believer. With a thought he was clean, his clothing and gear mended, his weapons tended and in their proper places, but he didn't stop there. He was feeling whimsical, and with his power, that brought a whole new meaning to the word.

It was a frequent practice of his to erect a monument to the battles he waged against beings of such power, like Mr'latipla. Perhaps this time he was being a bit extreme, but he could always change his mind later. Filling the entire clearing, he placed a tower that reached 500 meters into the sky and 100 below. With 16 basement levels and 80 floors above, it was a marvel rare to a world like this. It looked as if a slight breeze might topple it, but it was the sturdiest structure on the planet. Upon inspection it would appear to be constructed from a single seamless piece, floors, stairs, walls, sweeping balconies and all. Wrapping up through the walls were detailed, larger than life carvings depicting his fight with Mr'latipla. The conical 80th floor had a broad balcony with an intricate railing. Its roof had several large stained glass windows that caught the sun and filled the huge room with dancing colors.

This is where they were now, Axieva in the same position she had been in, Rit now in a cross legged sitting position, floating a meter off the floor. Axieva would not have perceived any of this happen. She was on the muddy earth of the clearing and now here, without moving herself. Rit erected an invisible shield around himself, in case her reaction was more violent than he expected it to be.

"Well beautiful, should I take you on a tour of the galaxy," he said, "or is this enough proof that I am what I say I am? I have enough grist for some spires if you like," he added with a grin and a wink.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva's reaction?

Sheer terror.

One moment she was in the jungle, and the next she was in a building more beautiful than anything she'd seen before--but she didn't register the beauty of it at all. All she registered was heart-clenching horror as she was ripped straight out of her comfort zone and plunged into something she didn't understand and didn't want to understand.

And if there was anything that scared her more than things she didn't understand, she hadn't yet encountered it yet.

Her eye went very large, rectangular pupil dilated. Every hair on her body prickled and stood on end, every muscle tensed, and her claws came out. Her pulse roared in her ears and her tail bristled, ears flattened against her head. She had accused him of being crazy, but maybe she was the one losing her mind, seeing things that were not there--maybe she had eaten bad meat? The tile beneath her hooves felt very real, though, too real, and she felt very, very trapped by those walls.

Her breathing came in quick, short bursts as she found herself on the precipice of panic, and her eye darted around the room as she searched for a door. She backed away from the floating Rit, hooves clicking against the floor. She didn't like that. The floor was too slick.

"Let me out," she said, voice quiet and breathy at first, then swiftly rising in volume. "Let me out, let me out, let me out!"

She didn't wait for him to comply. She bolted away from him--or tried. She'd never walked on tile before, much less run across it, and her hooves found no purchase. With a cry, she slipped and went toppling over.

Aeytrious

Moving from the top of the new tower to among the jungle trees nearby was not difficult, and it prevented Axieva's fall from concluding on the hard stone floor. This reaction was far from what he expected. Violence or dumfounded awe were much easier to deal with. Sheer terror knew nothing of logic, and was hard to control.

"Woah there little doe," Rit said soothingly, "you're out. You're out. I didn't know that would affect you in such a way. Perhaps you have an aversion to being indoors? Or maybe I just went to far." He wasn't sure she was hearing him, but he continued, in hopes that the soothing sound of his voice would help.

"Perhaps I could take you somewhere more to your liking?" he suggested, "perhaps a place with fond memories. I can take you anywhere or anywhen." Rit made a slow all encompassing movement with his arms. "There really is no limit. I'm sorry that I scared you. It was not my intent. Perhaps now you'll have more questions?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

It wasn't hard tile she hit, but wet earth, and the sudden change in textures was as jarring the second time as the first. She curled her fingers into the soil and pressed her forehead against the ground, and that was how she stayed for several moments as she tried to control her frantic breathing and pounding heart.

At his question, her head whipped up and she gave an angry hiss, though her eye was still large and fearful. Her lips pulled back in a teeth-baring grimace. "You stupid, stupid buck! Males, all of you! So stupid! What about any of this has you think I want that?!" she snapped, throwing her hands up and gesticulating wildly.

"You are crazy! Or I am crazy! Which? There is no certainty!"

She took a deep breath and rubbed at her face, smearing mud across her cheeks. Another deep breath, this one shuddering. "I think I may vomit."

Aeytrious

"Well I must admit to having an unconventional sanity. I suppose it's a result of a timeless existence," Rit said with a shrug. "You, however, are entirely as sane as you were before you came upon me in that clearing," he assured her, "you can trust your mind."

Rit slowly drifted toward Axieva, and continued his apology, "I truly am sorry. Perhaps my perspective is skewed, my patience lacking. I could have taken smaller steps over more time to convince you of what I am."

Rit stopped about a meter from Axieva, and put his feet back on the ground. He reached back into his pack and pulled out a clear flask. He unstoppered it with his teeth, and poured some of its golden brown contents into a glass he conjured from the air. The liquid bubbled and fizzed gently as he did so, and Rit then returned the restoppered flask to his pack. With his now free right hand he made a waving gesture at Axieva, healing the insect bites she had sustained in the jungle. He then offered the glass to her.

"This is a sweet ginger and ginseng tonic. Those herbs may be foreign to you, but they are helpful. The bubbles feel delightful on the tongue and it will help settle your stomach, as well as help mental fatigue."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva looked at the glass, then glanced up to study Rit, eye narrowed. While she understood that if he wished her harm, he wouldn't need to go through all the effort of tricking her into poisoning herself, what troubled her now was the why.

She remained where she was, still breathing hard though not quite as panicked.

"Why?" she said at last, rubbing at her arm and only vaguely aware that the skin was now smooth and bite-free. She had been too focused on Rit to notice that she no longer felt itchy all over. "Why would you help? I killed you. I ate you."

She paused and scowled, eye squinting. "What is it you want?"

Aeytrious

"Ive been killed before, eaten before. These are not new experiences for me," Rit explained. "I have only just arrived here this time, and you are the first I have met in this here. I learned much of this place in the greater scheme from the vision I was given in death," he continued, "but I find it important to take part in the lives of those that live here to learn what I must know. There was no malice in what you did, only self preservation. A predator does not hate its prey, it simply must eat." Rit sat on the ground in front of Axieva, and sent the glass floating within her reach, should she decide to drink from it. He assumed a relaxed posture and looked up into her face.

"I am simply curious," he said to her, "I could read your mind and know all there is to know about you, but facts mean little without the context of the experience. Your experiences, your life, are understood from your point of view, only by you. At this time, I wish to learn what I can about your universe through interaction rather than intrusion. And so I propose an exchange of information and companionable interaction."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

That was an odd explanation, but Axieva managed to break it down into one simple part, since her mind was still struggling to grasp the other, more unbelievable parts.

"Just talking?" she said, blinking slowly. "That...is all?"

It was a relief, and yet also awkward. Even though he was alive now, she'd killed him. She'd eaten him. In a way, he was still her prey--and even now, she was digesting part of him! It was very, very strange to find yourself talking to your food, and--erk. There came the nausea again.

Heeding what he'd said earlier, she snatched the glass from the air, spilling some of the contents, and then peered at the bubbly concoction. This would help, eh?

She sniffed it, wrinkled her nose at the smell and light tickle of the bubbles, and then gave it a quick lick and pulled a face, letting out a displeased hiss. It tingled, a weird prickling sensation all along her tongue. Liquid was not supposed to tingle. She didn't trust it, and the scowl she shot Rit showed as much.

"It feels sharp," she said, not quite sure how to explain the odd sensation in this language. "Not delightful."