Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What is her fate?(Lion.Open)

Started by Anonymous, December 03, 2009, 10:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was just about dusk when she entered Reajh She was tired, hungery,dirty and sore from all the walked that she has been doing. The stupid chain were helping her feel any better either. She looked around as she was stopped by one the guards. Seeing that most of the shop were closing down for the night, which meant most likely she was not going to get much to eat. Sighing as she was pushed to more. She gave the guard an angry look then walked on. She winced every time she took a step from the blistered on her feet.

After a few minute she was then unchained and thrown into a small cell. She looked about the tiny dark cell. Well this has to be one of the worst days of her life. Not only was she chained but now she was in cell. She hated small placed, worse yet she hated small dark places at that. Taking a deep breath she started rubbing her wrist. They hurt and were rubbed raw from the chains. She walked over to the back of the cell into the dark, even if she did dislike the dark. She wanted to be out of site from everyone. She was tired and dirty. She could feel the dirt clinging to her skin. All she wanted right now was food, a hot bath and sleep. But she knew that none of it was going to happen anytime soon.

It took some time to calm her self from being in the dark, that she finally laid down on the cold cell floor. With a small sigh she trying to think of somewhere else to be. Still her mind was brought back to where she really was. she laid there listening to the outside world, but it still was as no use. She wonder what her fate might be. After a while her eyes started feeling heavy and she drifted off to sleep. Still it was going to be a long night, for neither a restful sleep or peaceful dream were going to come to her tonight.

((ooc:Forgive the horrible post, suffering here writers block and the lack of sleep.))

Lion

I wonder...  I can't believe it's come down to this point.  I'd never thought I'd see the day where I would need....  Damn the devils that I would even have to say it!  ...a slave.

The thought was executed without consolation and Venaede sat bitterly at the window sill of the inn at Reajh.  As ever, this day was not going well.  He was a man of few morals and even fewer values, willing to even butcher a person if he found they were not worthy of life.  He was staunchly independent in his nature, never clinging to anyone that was reliable and doing away with people who out stemmed their use.  But what as he to do now?  He'd used up all his leads on find that damn monster...and now he need a little help.  But there was no way in hell he was going back to that damn cat demon that somehow escaped slaughter.  And there was no way that he was going to bother praying to any god.  Deities were always useless or getting in the way of something.

Veneade rolled his eyes in blatant misery.  Wiping his brow, he knew that it was best that he get started on shopping this moment.  His hunting funds were not so low as to be flaunted.  Indeed, it was quite the opposite.  Venaede was a simple soul and didn't dress or act as if he had anything to offer anyone.  He was himself, never lost focus, and that was all that mattered for a time.

He left the inn now, making his way to the local slave trader.  When he reached the building he was not surprised to find it in the current state that it was in.  There wasn't much to it though it was slightly castle-like, it seemed as if the building had lived through many hard days and there weren't much more to come.  But he was welcomed in nonetheless by a small man, one with a gaunt face and scant hair on his head.  He grinned toothily up at the vampire hunter and said, "Welcome sir.  I've been expecting you.  I am Reynaldo.  Come, come, let me show you my wares!"

"This is a slave shop?" Venaede asked, unconvinced as he saw the many rows of cells.  He narrowed his eyes and glared at their emptiness.

"Oh, but of course.  The best one in all of Reajh.  You don't doubt me do you?"  Reynaldo grinned up at him and led him down to the end of the long rows of cells.  Around a corner, the guards sat and smoked or stood on either end of the cells.  "Eh, tell me, um, Kaiser was it?—tell me just what you're looking for?"

"Doesn't seem as if you have much here.  I need something that can travel, preferably someone small and light.  I just need someone to carry my stuff," Venaede said plainly, keeping his expression blank.

"Well, the only person we have like that is a small girl.  Recently put in here. Come, I'll show you."  He did, revealing to him the last cell on the right.

But all Venaede saw were shadows, but his hunter's instinct told him there was more here.

Reynaldo glanced at the guard leaning against the wall and smacked him on the head.  "Open the cell.  Our prospective customer here wants a look at her!"  And just like that the guard opened the cell and grabbed for her roughly.  "Oh, dearie, be a sweet girl now.  Meet you're new master."

Venaede took a look at her.  "I'm not impressed.  You got a name, woman?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Adrianna was in a restless sleep, but when she heard voices so woke. The voices were  rough but to far to hear anything. Wondering what was being said and what was going on. Sighing she rolled over to her back, placing her hands on her stomach. She tried not to open her eyes but it was no use, sleep was just going to have to wait until the sisuation get slightly better, when ever that would be.

She heard a voice right out her cell, making her eyes open fast and wide. Then hearing the door open, she seen a man standing above her. Quickly to her feet she stood there. She was greated by a gaurd and the slave trader.  As he spoke to her she could see that he had no teeth and his breath was rancid. Taking a deep breath "Please Dont call me sweetie"She said to the man in the nices tone she could mange.

She turned her head to see the other man that was speaking her. This was going to be her master, Well he should be a treat. "Why should you be impressed. Look at me I am a mess. I am dirty, tired and hungery."she said to him. Still even with her unhealthy look she still had some beauty to her. " Now as for my name it is Adrianna" she said coldly.

Lion

She regarded him coldly and Venaede couldn't think less of it.  Most people didn't regard him as very kind and while he wasn't the heroic-type, he also wasn't one to take any sort of praise there might be to offer him.

Venaede glanced at her curiously and narrowed his eyes once more.  "Adrianna, huh?  You don't look like much?  What are you good at?  Don't worry about eating, you'll get plenty to eat once I take you to the inn.  But first you gotta answer some of my questions.  Now get to it before I get impatient."

Reynaldo tried to butt-in.  "You know, Kaiser.  It would be easier to just make the transaction now, before you—"

"Not so fast.  I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I surrender my cold, hard cash."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Taking a deep breath, then looked at him again. She didn't look like much, well of course not. She was half staved and was dirty. She wasn't one to jump to command right away but she did it anyway. "Well Let see I am good with cooking with herbs and spices, which I can tend a garden, cleaning. Then stopped for a moment but was interrupted by the slave traded talking.  She shot him an evil look then turned her attention back. " I also can keep your bed warm" She said softly. Hoping that it be his main thing for her to do.

After all was said and done she stood there now looking down at the ground. She pulled her arm away from the guard, seeing that there was bruises forming of the guard finger prints. . She crossed her arms waiting for Venaede to talk to the slave trader to see what was going to happen. As of right now it was pretty much up to him deciding her fate.

Lion

"There are hardly any gardens where I'll be taking you, young one.  I'm sorry if that disappoints you.  And I can very well cook and clean for myself.  What you'll be doing is far from anything than what you described.... Hm, but I'm in no position to be complaining."  Venaede glanced at Reynaldo for a short moment then back at the slave.

He flared his nostrils in severe distaste and muttered, "I'm really in no position to complain.  I'll take her.  What's her price?"

"How much do you think she's worth?"

Venaede glanced at her.  "Not much.  But she'll do.  1,200 silver."

Reynaldo suddenly turned white and looked at him wide-eyed. "Oh, that is ...that is, exactly what she's worth.  Er, yes.  Please.  I'll take that right now."

"Let her out of there and here, take the money.  I hope I'll never have to see you're filthy face again."  Venaede frowned at him and waited at the end of the hall.  Reynaldo and the guards busied themselves with taking her out of the cell.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She stared at him for a moment. "Then why take me, it seems like I am going to be useless and in the way" She said. Not sure why he wanted her in the first place, since what she said wasn't going to help him. Still it was his money and he would do what he wanted with it. Sighing for a moment then looked to the slave trader.

She watched the transaction go about between then. It was horrible to see that she was being sold like livestock. Then the guard came in and grabbed her roughly by the arm and dragged her out of the cell. She ripped her arm away from him when she brought in front of the slave master. The slave master looked over and gave her a toothy smile and chained her and lead her over. Handing the man the chain, the slave trader leaned in and whispered something in her ear. After that he laughted and walked away. Adrianna hear what he said and the blood drained from her face, she bowed her head.

Lion

Venaede didn't feel right about grabbing the chain.  He didn't like having to use a slave for this trip, but there were some things he couldn't do himself.  He just hoped that he wouldn't have to regret it later.  That would be a good 1,200 that he wouldn't get back even if he came back and assaulted the man named Reynaldo.  He looked at her with pity but said nothing of it.

He left the building with her and took her outside.  "I didn't mention before, but my name is Venaede Kaiser.  I'll take you back to the inn and we'll get you cleaned up, can't have you looking like a slob now can we?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She let out a sigh as Venaede took the chain.  She seen a dislike in his eyes when he took the chain. She was still distrought from what the slave trader told her. She tryed to suck it up but it was going to be hard to do so."So what am I going to be doing" She asked him softly. Not that it really matter now since he bought her. She really has no chose in the matter, but she wanted to be prepared for whatever was ahead. Then again anything was better then the tiny cell she was in.

Now that she was outside, she felt the sun on her skin warming her. She gave a soft smile closing her eyes taking it all in. Then she opened her eye to look at him. "It nice to meet you I guess" Then he said something about getting her cleaned up and something to eat. "That would be nice. Thank you" Something hot in her stomach most likely would take the pain away and a warm bath would make her feel so much better. Maybe after that he might warm up to her. If not it was going to make for a long trip.

Lion

Venaede wasn't sure he'd be able to divulge his plans to her just yet.  One thing was for sure, he'd have to buy her something warm before he took her or she would freeze over the mountain range.  "I'm sorry.  But you're going to be carrying things with me, and helping me in my travels.  You see, I am a vampire hunter and there are many valuable things out there that I'd like to get my hands on.  You'll be helping me with that."  He lead her into the inn and took her upstairs to his room.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She looked at him and sighed. Not liking the ideal of being a pack mule to him. Still she was in no place to complain. She has done work like that. This would not be new to her. She didn't say anything else, her mind kind of wonder to other things.  She followed behind her with her head down. She was exshated and hunger and needed a bath badly. She walked into the in and followed him up stair. She entered the room that he was in.

She stood there for a while, then picked up her head. She looked around before she looked at him. He wasn;t much of a talker and she really didn't want to talk right now. As of right now it was pretty much simple question and simple answers between them. Sighing to herself, she waited for him to tell her what she could do.

Lion

"What do slaves wear anyway?" he asked her as he rummaged through his bag, pulling out several portions of a robe he found on the streets a few weeks ago.  "I don't have much for you to wear, except for some furs, but like I said before, you're going to have to get yourself cleaned up.  Just wait a minute."  He went to the washroom section of the room, which was little more than in a corner of the room and partially concealed.  He poured hot water from the buckets that he'd called up earlier before he departed, and saw the steam rising from them.  "Here, climb in.  Don't worry, I've seen naked women before.  But if you're that modest, don't worry, I won't peek.  Just get in and clean yourself.  There are some towels over there and don't be long."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn