Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Quick as a bunny, but twice as bored (Ashi)

Started by Anonymous, December 04, 2009, 12:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A land of opportunity and excitement.

At least, that's what she had been led to believe. However, the opportunity vastly outweighed the excitement. There was none. It was peaceful, calm, and boring. Very boring. The routine in this place was simple and plain, there wasn't any sort of excitement that happened here. Once in a while there was a thief perhaps, some drunk who was too unruly and the guards had to deal with them but...everything else seemed so boring and calm. In fact, things that seemed most exciting in Ketra was absolutely boring in the old life.

However, was was the possibility of changing it? There was a lot of difficulty in all of this. There was having to sell the shop, her house, and...what would she do with the money? She had been lucky to get the shop, and for years she lived in the shop until she could buy a house. She could do it but...there was a lot of...could she do it?

She found herself running to follow the guards whenever she could, when they seemed to be in some sort of chase or pursuit, she'd go into places that were very bad for a young pink woman who looked more like a strange, long eared young girl to most people. That didn't usually bode well for her honestly, there were a lot of strange people, and sometimes she found them asking her age. It made her skin crawl when they looked disappointed when she said she was older than 14. Though some told her that she carried her two hundred and forty five years well.

It still didn't make her feel good about her age, but she still looked, and felt very young at heart.

The pink skinned Quickling listlessly sighed as she gazed out the window of her shop. In her hands, which moved so fast, was a garment she was sewing. Her boredom was quite apparent, it was all over her face and in her large black almond shaped eyes. No pupil was visible, no iris, just a deep dark brown colour. Every so often, her large pointed ears, ones that extended a good foot over her head twitched every so often. They were like antennae, homing every so often on something outside. She had great hand eye coordination however, she didn't even need to look what her hands were doing as she sewed.

She wanted...something more.

A sigh passed her dark pink lips as she looked down to the dress she was sewing. Finished. Her fingers twitched however, very ready to do something more. In an instant however, the young woman wasn't sitting anymore, but she was at a mannequin, setting the dress up on the object and affixing it with some pins. Perfect. She ran a soft hand through her hair as she looked at the dark blue garment, one that had a strange floral print running from the hem upwards to where the stomach would be. The print was white, which contrasted to the blue hue of the actual garment. It was a soft material, and would probably be sold quickly.

The Quickling herself wore a simple garment, nothing more than a yellow dress. Something plain and simple, but what clearly contrasting her skin. She remembered being fined one day for 'indecent' exposure when she wore a pink dress. It hadn't been the best choice of colour, but she didn't think it would have gotten that out of hand.

It wasn't even past noon, and she found herself done with her work. The clothes that needed to be altered had been, the ones that had to be sewn were...sewn, and the clothes that she just wanted to make and sell to people had been just finished. She found herself her old diary behind the counter of her store and opened it. Ah, the old days, the good days of adventure and fun.

How she longed for those days once more.

Anonymous

Ashi Opalstone gazed around the town she had just entered. She had looked in Summervale, and apparently, she did have family. But even after she had found them with her tearful reunion with her remaining family, she had been bitten by the bug. The traveling bug. She wanted to explore the world that she had gotten a glimpse. That one glimpse had taunted her. It was intoxicating. She simply had to see more, to find what lay in the world beyond what she knew. She was a traveler by heart, a dreamer. She knew that he world wasn't joyous and happy like her life could be in Summervale, but she wanted to see it - with the exception of Connlaoth. She never wanted to go back there, unless there was something that she couldn't resist. But right now, there was nothing that even made her look in the direction of that slave-trough.

Shaking these thoughts from her mind, Ashi looked around the town of Ketra with interest. She was interested in anything any town or city had to offer. She was gazing about at the stone buildings when, in all of her clumsiness, she tripped over a bucket left on the side of the cobbled street. She heard a rip and sighed. Really? She glanced down at her cape, which now had a large rip on the corner. Fabulous. Now she just needed to find someone to fix it, and she'd need to pay for it... Money had become important to Ashi, though not as important to some. For her, it was the difference between eating and not eating that day. There were things that were more important to her, but she had to admit money had value, and not just of the monetary kind.

Ashi looked up, holding the edge of her cloak so that it wouldn't be damaged further and discovered that, luckily, she had tripped right outside of the a tailor's shop. She smiled with relief and entered the shop, a bell tinkling above her as she did so. She glanced up to see the bell above the door, then looked to see a pink person behind the desk. She couldn't deny she was surprised, but also fascinated. Had she been born that way? Ashi had always been an admirer of bright colors, and this girl (or was she another species?) definitely fit the bill. She approached the counter, removing her cloak and placing it gently on the surface.

"Excuse me," She asked politely. "I just tripped outside, and I got this horrible rip in my cloak. Would it be too much to ask you to sew it up for me very quickly? I'll pay you for your trouble." Ashi pulled out her small dark blue drawstring money pouch, ready to pay her what she needed.

Anonymous

The Quickling was starting to read through all of her old entries, sighing at some of the more interesting ones. She had never been in mortal danger, perhaps some peril or extenuating incidents, but nothing deadly. Being in deadly danger wasn't too exciting of a prospect, but sometimes she wished she had done SOMETHING like that. She had met many mercenaries and travellers who had done something death defying, like fight against people who had wanted to kill them, or had travelled in dangerous areas that one wrong move could end with a red splat on the ground. She flipped through a few of her old entries, noting one of them that had been rather exciting.

She had been dared to run a race against a flying creature, the name she couldn't really remember. However, it had been a really exhilarating race really, the creature had cheated quite a few times, didn't follow the route, and did a lot of nasty things like break up a few fallen tree bridges, or weaken roads along cliffs, mischievous sort of stuff. None of them were deadly however, with her cloven feet and super speed, they had all been minor inconveniences. The Quickling, Fyuni, shook her head and made a disgusted face as she realized what was happening.

"I'm becoming a junkie for excitement. Next thing you know I'll want to have sex with one of these humans as he holds me at knife point and chokes me. Oh gods, that's when I'll have sunk the lowest." Fyuni muttered to herself as she put the diary away and sighed, shaking the disgusting thoughts from her mind. She really couldn't believe what she had thought, honestly. An Adrenaline Junkie.

The ringing of the bell above her shop's door got her attention however. There was a woman who was walking in, and Fyuni hopped to attention as she trotted out around the counter to inspect the woman's cloak. "Quickly? Is that a...nevermind." Fyuni shook her hand, knowing that the woman couldn't POSSIBLY know that she was a Quickling. She had to remember that sort of thing...these people really didn't know about Quicklings, and that she was incredibly fast, they were humans...so slow and so...not fast.

"Hmm..." Fyuni approached the woman and took hold of the cloak, carefully feeling it as she inspected the large rip. "This shouldn't take long at all. A silver should cover it." Fyuni was gone in a flash, almost literally as she went to retrieve a thin needle and some thread that matched the colour of the cape that she was wearing. She began to thread the needle as she gave a visual inspection of the thread colour and the cape once more. Yep, they matched, rather well too. The Quickling's hands, to the normal eye, moved like a blur, the cape whipping around and being pulled and moved around quite a bit. To Fyuni though, they were moving normally, she could see every movement that she made, every time the needle disappeared to the other side and she had to pull it back through, it was all moving quite normally.

It didn't take any time at all when the Quickling was done, cutting the leftover thread and stepping back to inspect the cape from afar. It looked pretty damn good, you could tell that there had been a rip there of course, but it had been patched very nicely. Fyuni smiled to herself as she put the needle and leftover thread on the counter and looked up to the woman. "And there you go, one Fyuni Fast Fix." The Quickling told her with a grin. She was quite happy to have helped the woman out, and she got to show off her skills as a tailor, and a Quickling.

Anonymous

Ashi blushed a little at the pink woman's tone as she spoke, but she didn't complete the thought. She smacked herself inwardly. Fantastic Ashi, now you've offended her. How she had offended her, she wasn't too sure, but she murmured anyway, "I'm sorry, I meant no offence." Though she wasn't sure she had been heard, as she had gotten up and moved swiftly and now suddenly had a needle and thread with her. Ashi blinked. She had barely seen her move, but here she was already fixing it.

And how... Ashi watched, eyes wide and fascinated as her cloak was repaired in barely a moment's time. She placed the silver without hesitation on the counter. She smiled gratefully. "Thank you so much! You did an excellent job." She nodded. She turned to leave and was walking out when she stopped. She was so curious, she just had to find out. The woman moved far faster than any human, and she looked different. Ashi loved different, but she wanted to learn more about it, too.

The young mage turned, having fastened her cloak about her neck again, and asked, "I'm sorry if this is rude, but... What are you? You're really fascinating." She stopped, not wanting to make her sound like a science experiment. Ashi was just curious, not about to dissect her. She liked her unique appearance too, all pink and slightly furry. She was a traveler - she wasn't just about to move on and wonder about what she discovered forever. She was the type who would live among the species to find out more about them.

((Sorry for both shortness and delay! ><))

Anonymous

"It's okay. It's...a joke of sorts to me." Fyuni told the woman as she gave a dismissive flick of her wrist. She wasn't that upset, she was a special kind of Fae anyway, one that people really didn't know too much about. Hell, even she didn't know much about her own people! Some mages in Serendipity knew a few things, but nothing significant really. There weren't a bunch of pink skinned people running around somewhere, she was like a mutation, something that just popped into existence one day without explanation. The Elves she lived with knew about her, to some degree, but perhaps that was because they had raised her from a child, not because they knew her people.

The Quickling was fast as she worked, very fast, and she prided herself on her speedy work. A tailor that could fix seven things in five minutes did a lot better than a tailor that could fix one thing in five minutes. It didn't hurt that she could do a professional and proper job, no shoddy workmanship and corner cutting. While she would have loved to use her speed for something better, for something more...physical perhaps, this would have to do.

Once an adrenaline junkie, always an adrenaline junkie.

"Of course, it wasn't a bad rip at all." Fyuni sniffed haughtily, proud of her work and rather pleased with the praise she was receiving. She took the silver from the counter and zipped back around to put it and her supplies away. She loved to run, she loved to use her supernatural speed to go everywhere, no matter how short the distance. The sudden rush as the world blurred slightly, the feeling of the wind through her hair, the surge of her body as it moved so fast...everything about running and zipping around was an absolute rush of emotions. If she were a religious person, her church would be running around the town ten times.

"Me? I'm...something strange." Fyuni said as she hopped onto her stool. "Some Elves that adopted me called me a Quickling, because even as a baby I was fast, I could crawl quite quickly, and when I learned to walk it was even worse. Some mages just call me a Cloven Fae, a Pink Fairy, things like that...I've never met any other creature like me, but apparently we exist...I can find...stories about Quicklings but...I've never met another one." It was a scary, and sad existence, to know that somewhere out there, you might have others who look like you but...you could never find them." Fyuni sighed and shook her head, her features sullen and slightly sad. It was a strange topic with her, while she loved to talk about herself, she also...didn't.

More so when it led to talking about her people.