Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gift or Curse? ((Shizzy!))

Started by Anonymous, July 12, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Varrrrrrren, gyet ya self ova here! You kno' you got some cleanin' to do!"

A teenaged boy frowned to himself as he recalled one of his Uncle's most said phrases, in his odd way of saying things. The man that had taken care of him since he was a child was now gone. It now signaled that his childhood was once and for all over in many ways. Well, unfortunately, it also meant he had little money. Lovely.

Warren glanced at the ring on his finger. He had found it a day or so back, and it was an odd ring indeed. It looked like a dragon. The detail was incredible. Unfortunatly, you cannot sell a ring when it is on your finger. And this stubborn thing would Not. Come. Off. He sighed, standing up from his seat on the street. He got some odd glances from people on the street. After all, he was a boy dressed in lowly clothes with a shining, expensive ring.

Suddenly, he turned towards a small street. He looked surprised. He rushed foreward, onto this street, and into a small resturant. It was as if....something was telling him to do this. He got some more strange looks at his oddly sudden entry, and he looked around himself sheepishly. He ran a hand through his dark brown hair, seating himself rather quickly and muttering his order of a sandwich with tea. He was hungry after all. He glanced at the ring again. He swore that thing must have something to do with that crazy moment. He sighed, frowning to himself. Beautiful. First that, then this, next something crazier most likely.

Anonymous

The wind through your hair, the blur of the world, the rush of adrenaline as you vaulted, ducked, and weaved around everyone in your way. To be a Quickling, to be something so fast that your species had the word 'quick' in it was such a treat. It gave one an over inflated sense of self, of their power. To think that once the forest was the domain of the Quicklings...now...they could be anywhere. They could be hiding underground, they could be in the mountains, under a lake even...however, in Ketra...there was one at least.

Like a fast little imp, the pink blur weaved in the crowd like an expert. Years of running this fast, of being such a speed freak had given her the sense to know where people were, and how to dodge around them. At some points she'd just leap over them if they were short enough, or scramble around a wall if she had to.

These slow-pokes.

When the blur finally came to a stop, people saw what the thing was. It almost looked like a young girl, with actually pink flesh, darker pink hair, almond coloured eyes, and ears that could probably attract lightning to her easily. She was in actual fact older than most children, despite being under four and a half feet. The creature had cloven feet, hooves like a sheep or some other ungulate. Definitely a very odd creature. She wore a small brown tunic that laced up at the front, giving her barely some cleavage to her. She wore simple brown wool shorts, well, they used to be pants but she cut and hemmed them off above the knee so she could still have mobility and flexibility. She was a runner after all!

Couldn't have herself being held back by clothes. She wished she could run naked of course, but she found that humans were so strange and messed up by nudity. She didn't personally understand but if she wanted to live among them...she made sure to dress.

The pink thing quickly found herself walking into nearby building. A place that she liked to eat at, served good food at least. "Hello Fyuni...bit busier than usual I'm afraid. Someone is in your favourite spot." A waitress told her as the Quickling, Fyuni closed the door. The creature scowled as she shook her head, muttering something. "That's okay." Fyuni said with a sigh finally. "Anywhere is good, and my usual please! I'll seat myself." The Quickling was suddenly gone, having zipped into the crowded main room to an empty table. Perfect! It was big enough for two people, which really for Fyuni was way too big, but they didn't want to put in a small table for just one person.

Fyuni took a seat and began to drum her fingers on the table top, her foot tapping in unison. She seemed really antsy to say the least, but as a Quickling she was much more akin to the hummingbird.

She could probably fly if she wanted to.

Anonymous

Warren recieved his order just as someone zipped in the door. He sat upright, looking at the strange customer. He was pretty sure he had seen her here before, considering he worked at this place sometimes, mopping floors. He had also played piano here at some point. He was trying to avoid staring. It was hard not to, as he was a curious boy. Trying not to be obvious while looking at her, he watched as she took a seat. He glanced at the person who had welcomed her in, who came towards him. The man was not amused.

"Warren, boy, don't you remember? You're supposed to sit in the back." Warren sighed, nibbling at his sandwich. The man shook his head, clicking his tounge. "You don't have much money to pay for that, do you?" Warren looked away, muttering something and still looking sheepish. The man sighed, a faint smile on his lips. "I'll tell you what, boy. Just this once, you can play a few songs for us and I'll take a few off the price." Warren looked up hopefully, and the man nodded. Warren stuffed down a fair bit of the remaining sandwich and tea, then made his way to the piano that was situated not so far from his seat. He loved those ivory keys. He began to play, softly and quietly. There were a few mistakes in the beginning, but he began to get more into it and make less mistakes. He smiled a bit to himself. His ring glinted in the light.

When he was done, he walked back to his seat and tried to finish his sandwich quickly. The elegance that had been about him when he was at the piano was suddenly gone as he stuffed his face, crumbs all over.

Anonymous

When her food came, the young looking creature was absolutely pleased. However, from the looks of her food, she could very well be a sugar addict. Her tea smelled strongly of caffeine and her food was nothing more than a lot of fruit and chopped nuts. Things that would no doubt keep the girl awake for many hours. It was really just her choice for morning or afternoon meals, depending on what she ate for breakfast, or how much time she'd have for lunch. Right now, she wanted herself some fruit, and a nice tea.

She paid very little heed to most of the things happening around her, because really they meant nothing to her. People talking, chatting, she sat at this table to eat, and not like she had a lot of friends anyway. She was a more personal sort of creature, she always had been. After setting out into the forest alone, she had become quite a solitary creature. Though occasionally she found herself talking to people idly as she sewed and they browsed around her shop.

Sometimes you just needed to talk with someone.

Fyuni ate her food quietly as someone began to play on the piano. She had never been here when that had happened. She looked over at the man playing the piano, an eyebrow raised slightly, wincing every so often when he missed a key. If the others thought it was bad, one could only imagine how bad it was to someone with ears over a foot and a half long.

He really was trying, but she wanted him to just stop.

Eventually the man finished playing, and her entire meal had been ruined by this time. She was feeling kinda snarky and mean, more so because she was looking forward to this. So she got up and walked briskly over to the man as he finished his sandwich. She put a bronze coin on the table. "Here's a tip." She said, her tone slightly icy. "And have another one. Watch your fingers when you're playing. The off keys are really noticeable." With emphasis on really, her ears twitched to show what she had meant by it. With that, she twirled on a hoof and walked back to her table. She began to poke at her fruit, slightly annoyed that she didn't want to eat anymore.

It had looked so delicious too.

Anonymous

Warren had a mouth full of sandwich when he spotted the strange woman walking over to him. He grunted and swallowed his mouthful in an attempt to look a tiny bit more respectable. He was brushing a bit of crumbs off his face when he heard a small sound and found a coin on the table. Puzzled, he looked up at her. His surprised expression quickly turned more annoyed at her attitude, even though a tip wasn't a bad thing to get. He directed his scowl at the almost-empty plate before him. Miss-critical had poked a hole through the thin layer of optimism he had created. Happening to be in a very sour mood ever since his Uncle died a short time earlier, he stood up after he paid, frowning at the woman as he walked past, and putting his hand on her table. The ring glittered. "I've got my Uncle to critisize every action I do, I don't need another, thank you." As he walked off out of the resturant without another word, he sighed. Well, had an Uncle. He began to walk down the streets that were a bit less crowded than before.

Anonymous

Fyuni began to eat again, able to finally chew her food. Her mouth moved quickly as she chewed and swallowed, her hands moving quickly as she drank tea or ate some more fruit. Her mood was starting to fluctuate wildly, going from both extremes and moving very quickly. She was having a touchy day, probably because...well she wasn't sure. Maybe it was that anti-social, slightly racist side of her poking through again. She was only slightly racist because she thought they were so slow and inefficient. It wasn't as if she really thought them completely below her or anything like that.

They just needed to be faster!

The man came up to her table and said something, and she felt almost offended by it! She put some money on the table before hopping off of it. She was trying to give him a helpful tip, and he was just...urgh! Men! Human males and their ways! Quick as she could, Fyuni bolted from the restaurant, after the young man. She was a bit stubborn at times, and this young man would learn. She ran around him and stopped suddenly in front of him, her almond coloured eyes staring at his face in a glare. "I was giving you some advice you big ninny, you played nice but you made too many mistakes! It hurt my ears." She could have said it all a little nicer perhaps, but he had just been rude to her as well. Sure it was in response to her being rude but...she didn't see it that way.

Anonymous

Warren did not expect to see the figure in front of him. He briefly glanced behind him. It seemed as if she just teleported over here. He looked into her eyes, strange to him, and listened to her complaint. He backed up a little when she raised her angry voice. It was such a strange thing to be having someone shorter than you, yelling up to your face. Well, not exactly yelling, but loud annoyance. Scratching his head, he said, "Well, everyone makes mistakes, and I just happen to be a clumsy idiot. So what? If you were trying to give me advice instead of complaining, thanks I guess, especially for the tip." He sighed, and mumbled to himself, looking downcast, "I always take everything in the wrong way and always people take my actions in the wrong way." He grumbled something else about his life and turned to walk away again. As he did so, the ring on his finger seemed to move slightly on its own accord.

Anonymous

There was something about this kid that rubbed Fyuni the wrong way. At first it took her a moment to figure out what it was, but then he kept talking and she figured it out! She'd have to tell him what his problem was of course, that's just who she was after all. Once more, the girl was suddenly there, running in front of him again to stop him. "You're rude. That's what your problem is." She told him bluntly, hands crossed under her breasts as she looked up at him.

"You're mumbling, looking away from people when they talk, you're just plain rude. No wonder I'm not very fond of you." The little pink mistook his aloof behaviour as being rude, and really no one could blame her. He just sighed, mumbled quietly, and didn't make any sort of eye contact with people, or at least, not much. She on the other hand, was staring straight into his eyes, as if trying to burn a hole though her.

Anonymous

Warren looked surprised to have her infront of him suddenly again, this time saying he was rude. Well, he couldn't deny that he lacked manners in many a way. His Uncle hadn't taught him much about such things. He said that super-good-manners were for the rich jerks. He didn't think he was flat out rude, though. After all, he didn't go off and cause trouble. Or at least, not on purpose.

He shrugged. Warren said, in a tone of defeated apology, "Sorry. It's just I've got lots of things going crazy in my life, and it's not my fault that my Uncle never bothered to teach me manners." He looked into her eyes, his dark ones with a hint of gold in them. "And I don't think you know me well enough to dislike me that much, miss."

Anonymous

"How could you not have learned manners on your own? That's usually the thing that lower classes learn when they're born. How to bow and scrape and grovel to the higher classes. Even I learned manners." Of course, she didn't USE manners all that much, but she still knew how to be polite and courteous to her superiors. It was probably lucky that she never really dealt with any nobles, or at least, not ones that were so uptight about manners. Those were usually the best.

"I don't have to know you to dislike you. And you're putting words in my mouth. I just said I wasn't fond of you. If I disliked you, I would have let you go about your business and get stabbed by a noble when you didn't act polite to them." Fyuni wasn't usually one to be so aggressive toward someone but...this boy really got under her skin, and she didn't know why. It must have been his rudeness.

Anonymous

"Grovel and scrape and bow?", He muttered questioningly to himself. This woman confused him. He didn't understand what he had done to make her dislike him so much! He stood there for a moment, his face in a state of blank confusion. He said, "So, you don't dislike me? I'm sorry, but I'm really confused...." He shook his head. "I really didn't mean to upset you, I really didn't!" He looked a bit out of things to say. He added, "Oh, and I'm sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Warren. What is yours?" And that was him trying to be polite and perhaps trying to find a better side in this woman.

Anonymous

"Yes, that's what people do. You're not the brightest candle are you?" The boy was really infuriating! She may have been an outsider at one point, but she had adapted. It was like this guy didn't know the first thing about...about anything! How could someone be this...dense?! It made her want to hit something, or to run away really fast, really far from him. Both would be accepted. "I know you didn't mean to but you still did." She was calming down a little bit, but she still wasn't overly fond of this guy. "My name? It's Fyuni. Just Fyuni. No last name." She told him as he reached back and fluffed her hair a little bit. "Well. That's...really all I wanted to say to you. I am sorry if I sounded a little blunt."