Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Long Journey from home. (CastlesInTheSky)

Started by Anonymous, August 15, 2010, 01:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Luceve sighed as she carried her sack with the broken strap as she tread across some plains. It was getting too hot for her, yet she was already running out of water. She was sure she packed at least twenty flasks! She looked around but there was no shade in sight! The sun also looked like it was not going to go down anytime soon. She could create water from the air... but that cost her energy, something she couldn't do without shade. Oh why didn't she think of this before?

Lucev pulled out the flask on her hip and opened it to drink the small trickle that escaped it. "Oh damn it all!" She cursed out loud and chucked it off to the side, huffing before sitting down. This was not working out for her at all!

CastlesInTheSky

Jay glanced up at the sky, sighing. it was a hot day. Ah, but he didn't care. He carried a sort of backpack with him and a violin case. He was near a city, but it would still take perhaps half an hour to get there. He suddenly heard a curse and he looked around himself in surprise. He went off the path a little and found a strange girl there. He trotted over to her, as he thought she looked a bit... well, lost? He said, "Um, excuse me, miss, but do you need a bit of help?" He thought she looked thirsty, and hastily pulled out a flask of water, handing it to her.

Anonymous

Spitefully at first, Lucev glared up at the man when he walked up to her but sighed slightly realizing he was just offering assistance. "Oh..." She said ans glanced at the flask of water. "Umm... Thanks." She took the flask of water but carefully avoided touching his hand. However, she couldn't help the fact that the flask dropped a couple of degrees when she touched it. Even in this heat, the temperature of her hands only rose about five degrees while the thin cloth did almost nothing to warm up her hands - even if it was black. She took a couple of sips, enough to satiate her, but not enough to appear greedy. This was another person's water and she couldn't waste it - even if she could die without it. She stood up, and held the flask by the spout. "The name's Lucev, may I inquire about yours kind stranger?"

CastlesInTheSky

He watched her drink. So she really was thirsty. He was glad that he had found her. After all, that must have been pretty bad, being out here alone in the plains, without any water. He smiled. "I'm Jay." He took the flask back when she offered it back. He hastily put it back in the pack. He looked up at the sky. "Whoo, it's hot today" He muttered to himself. Then, he motioned for her to follow and got back on the path he was on. It was obscured by a few bushes along the sides. He said, "So, I'm going to a city nearby. It's a few minutes away still, but I could help you get there if you want. I don't mean to make you come with me or anything, it's just.." He looked sheepish, "You looked kinda lost, yaknow."

Anonymous

Lucev smiled softly when Jay told her his name. "Yeah, it is hot." She agreed with his mutter with a slight nod. She took up the offer to follow him and picked up the discarded flask on the way. It wouldn't be good to be caught with one less flask.

When Jay mentioned a city, she tilted her head, her long earlobes following suit. "A city?" She dug into the back pocket of her cloth pants and pulled out an old, outdated map with, what appeared to be years of water damage on it. She unfolded it and moved it around quite confused. "But... there's no indication of a town nearby at all..."

CastlesInTheSky

Jay raised an eyebrow. That map....looked like it had fallen in an ocean. Nevertheless, it could be read. Somewhat. He leaned over next to her, peering at the map while looking confused. He knew one of the villages on that map was not there any longer. It had been deserted a few years ago. He said, sounding confused, "Well, there's a rather populated town quite near here. It isn't the capital of anywhere, but it's definately there." He scanned the horizon, pointing in the direction where this 'city' was. Sure enough there was a faint outline of some sort of something out there. He said, "May I ask how old that map is?" Out of nowhere a small head peeked out of his backpack. It appeared to be an ermine like creature.

Anonymous

Lucev moved the map down and she looked over, and saw the outline of...something. "That kind of looks like a really bumpy hill though... if that's what those mounds of dirt are...." She then looked down at her map, and the so-called city, trying to compare it, but it wasn't making sense. "Umm... well I got it from the clan head whose had it in his family for a couple.. eek!" She said and jumped back at the creature that popped out of his backpack. "Your pack is alive!" Her earlobes flew up as she jumped, smacking the poor backpack-inhabiting creature on the head.

CastlesInTheSky

Jay was listening intently when she suddenly jumped back. He was a bit startled, but not more so than the creature within it. The little creature made a high pitched noise and withdrew into his pack once more. He looked sheepish, chuckling weakly. "I'm really sorry, I didn't think he'd come out.." He shot a glance backward at his backpack and said, "That's....my...um, pet you could say.." He smiled sheepishly. "He's really not all that bad. Sorry he startled you." The creature cautiously peeked out again, slowly, and almost seemed to glare for a moment before going back in once more.

Anonymous

Tilting her head, Lucev put a finger to her lips. "A pet? Kind of like fishes, dolphins and baby sharks?" She offered a slight smile, "It's alright, I just... wasn't expecting it." When the pet peeked out she giggled, although it sounded as if the sound was made under the water instead of in air. She tilted over the pack, "I'm sorry little guy, I'm just not used to my new ears yet. I didn't mean to hit you." She turned to face Jay, "And umm... I think I missed a word back there? I think I was saying a couple generations?"