Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Inn at the End of the World

Started by Anonymous, December 13, 2010, 01:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The Inn is situated in a snowy mountain range, surrounded by a small forest. A flat rock path leads one through the snowy field to the Inn. This path is never icy or snowy, and is always lit by mysterious torches that never go out. It has three floors to it, a basement, a ground floor, and a second floor. The basement is where the kitchen is, it is only accessible by a trap door behind the bar in the Common Room. Only the lone inhabitant really knows what goes on down in the kitchen. The exterior of the Snowy Rose in seems to be comprised of large rock slabs and wood beams. To enter the bar, one goes up the never icy wooden steps at the south end of the Inn, the side that faces the forest and the side the path leads up to.

The front door is a large ornate rosewood door, the brass doorknob is never locked, ever. It, thankfully, is on a porch, under a covered awning that goes around the entire Inn. This allows anyone to peer into the various windows around the Inn, lest they be looking into one of the Inn rooms and a tenant has closed the curtains. The front door opens up into the main common room. The common room has wooden floors, which are much easier to clean than carpets, considering a lot of water and dirt will build up due to how people are walking in. Near the door of course is a coat and hat rack for patrons. Along the north side of the common room is the bar counter, made of varnished oak with a leather barrier around the top edge. Stools with high backs have been set up around the bar counter. Behind the bar one can see various shelves set up along the wall with different jugs, bottles, small barrels, filled with God-knows-what. There is a small stove and sink for anyone who wishes a hot beverage, such as tea, coffee, or even hot cocoa.

Scattered around the common room are tables and chairs, the east wall has a large fireplace with several very comfortable chair and even a big couch with a few blankets and pillows for those who really want to snuggle up and enjoy the crackling of the fire place.

On the north wall again, near the west wall, is a door and stairs that lead upwards to the second floor. The door and stairs both lead to the Inn part of the Snowy Rose. Each room is almost identical; each has a fire place, and a large double bed. For those who want to use facilities, a key is available for the ten small bathrooms on each floor. They are interchangeable, though luckily each door has other locks that can only be manipulated on the inside. The top floor has two larger suites with their own built in bathrooms.  The entire Inn makes sure to have a calm feeling to it, with paintings, abstract art, vases, and even decorative rugs.

In the common room right now, a man stood behind the bar counter. Laying on the counter was a black suit blazer and pants, a silken white shirt, and a golden tie, along with a gold shield shaped mask. The blond haired man however, was already dressed in something else...a soft white robe with golden ivy print running from the bottom of the robe upwards. Hiding the eyes of the man was a blindfold of similar design, with that familiar golden ivy floral pattern on it. "Been a long time since I've worn this." He murmured in a soft, cheerful tone. Carefully he took the outfit on the counter and placed on a shelf underneath. With that all done, he grabbed a broom and began to sweep, humming to himself. It was about mid-day, and this was usually a good time for people to start filtering in. As he swept, delicious smells of various foods began to waft up from the kitchen underneath the bar. Perfect!

Goldie

(I'M PARTY CRASHING! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

ic:

Misty haze swirled, flipped, danced, flew through every nook and cranny it could reach with its long, sweeping, white tendrils. The weight was both intoxicating and soothing while it remained like the bars of a prison keeping one world out of the next. So flawless was this cage that those imprisoned never realized that they were being kept; corralled like sheep in a pen. Or maybe they just never questioned it because mixing with whatever lay beyond the veil were not meant to cross.

A pinpoint in the mist began transforming the surroundings. A pinpoint of light, a pinpoint of breeze, a pinpoint of a world long forgotten, left long ago for many and minutes for some. Poor souls crowded around to gaze at the anomaly with confusion. It was breaking up the sameness of this place...the peace of this place. Yet change always called to people, and like a moths to a flame they went.

SLAM!

His eyelids jolted upward and he immediately regretted it as sunlight burned eyes unused to the brightness. His arm quickly swept over his face in order to block out the sun's radiance and he took a quick step back into a pile of crates.

CRASH

The crates stole his footing and the man flipped backwards over and onto the wooden boxes which crunched and splintered beneath his body weight and a cry of surprise left his lips. Then....

Pain.

What?

His mind couldn't process it. It was almost as if he had forgotten pain...forgotten...everything.

His eyes flew open again, this time determined to keep them open regardless of the light that blinded him. He was sprawled in a pile of broken wood and it didn't take long to locate the source of pain. A particularly long and sharp splinter had managed to wedge itself into his leg during the fall and now made his leg into a sheath. Tentatively, he poked at it and winced when pain shot up his leg.

Pain.

He blinked again, his eyesight slowly returning.

"Oh my gods...." he muttered, blue eyes widen in a mix of shock, awe, and disbelief. "this shouldn't be....I shouldn't be...what the hell?"

Wincing, he pulled the wood from his leg and examined the wound. It wasn't terrible as the splinter had really only been about as wide as his thumb, but it had been wedge deep enough that it would probably take a little while for the bleeding to completely stop.

It felt as it he had just woken from a month-long slumber. His mind was racing, his thoughts jumbled and disoriented, and he couldn't, for the life of him, remember where he was or what he was suppose to be doing.

"Pull yourself together, Tai..." he mumbled, "Pull yourself together...what's the last thing you remember?" Clumsily, like someone unused to using his limbs, Tai pulled himself from the rubble and dusted woodchips from his deep blue tunic. With effort, he forced himself to think back on everything. Slowly, so slowly he felt as if he had been thinking for years, faces swarmed before his eyes. Rayne...my sister.... travel... ill..... death.... But who had died? Had his sister? He needed to focus...needed to think harder.

Two men, identical but for their eyes....the flash of a knife...the pain as it wedge itself expertly between his ribs to pierce his....

Again, his eyes jolted open.

"I should be dead!" he exclaimed. "I was dead! But...but...but...." He raised his tunic up to his shoulders and began examining his torso for some sign of trauma. Then, when he saw nothing, he did an awkward spin to try and see anything. In the process he looked much like a dog trying to chase its tail. But even this revealed nothing. He had been brought back! He had been brought back!

Tai needed to find Rayne, he needed to find his sister to see if everything was alright to see....

rumblerumblerumble

He stopped short as his stomach complained.

"I'm hungry...." he muttered, a stupid grin spreading across his lips, "I'M HUNGRY!"

With a little hop and skip, Tai looked around and spotted a nice looking inn. Still grinning, he pushed open the doors and kind of...danced...toward the bar where a man stood, obviously waiting for something or someone or customers or something.

"I'm alive!" he announced to the empty tavern and the bar tender, "And I'm hungry!" He closed his eyes and lifted his nose into the air taking in the pleasant smell of deliciously cooked food. "Ahhhhhh.....that smells divine...."