Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The hat worships no one

Started by Anonymous, June 02, 2011, 06:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Zayna knew exactly what brought her to Selevea. She had heard of a demon summoner woman in the area. Of course, she may have eavesdropped a little to get said information. There was of course more information than that but it was rather embarrassing to think about so she would just try and forget those interesting bits. The only problem was sometimes Venri would bring up those things and her face would turn many shades of red and of course he always got enjoyment out of it.

The hat was also not happy about why Zayna was looking for the woman. He did not need her learning things on her own. It would mean there was less use for him and he was growing tired. He wanted her to just give up and take the power he offered her so he could have his own body. He didn't even care if he'd be trapped in a female's body. She had not heard everything though, the girl didn't tend to listen so closely. Her chances of getting what she wanted were slim so he'd allow her to attempt this once.

Zayna cast a glance up at the edge of the hat that blocked a bit of her vision due to the fact that it was so big. Venri was oddly quiet for a change. She wasn't even sure why but she didn't mind it. Sometimes hearing the whispy voice of the hat got on her nerves. Not that she would say about it though. If she said something he'd just talk more. She glanced away from the hat and just looked in front of her then. The trade city was a little unsettling to her since she wasn't too fond of large crowds. She really didn't know how to act in them and just decided that trying to stick away from people and not draw attention to herself was probably the best thing to do.

The only problem was she was having no luck whatsoever finding this demon summoner. It was bad that she had no idea what the woman looked like. A small frowned tugged at the corner of her lips as she glanced around. 'What am I supposed to do..?' She blinked when she heard a sigh come from Venri. "What..?" she asked.
"Why don't you ask for help, woman?" Venri asked.
"...Ah...I didn't know if it was a good idea.." Zayna mumbled. That just gained another sigh from the hat. "Just ask. We do not want to be stuck in this noisy place much longer."

"Fine.." Zayna mumbled. She was a bit nervous about it. She really didn't want to have to get attention to herself but it looked like she had no choice. She bit on her bottom lip a little before randomly deciding to pick someone. The first person she decided on happened to be a woman with her back turned to her. Zayna took a breath before letting it out and cautiously walked over to the woman as if asking her something would cause her to turn around and bite her. "Uhm...excuse me..miss...could you help me?" she questioned, her voice a little quieter than it probably should be.

Now if only she knew the person she asked was the person she was actually looking for.

Anonymous

After having ditched Morgan for a bit, Shahira was enjoying her stroll through the town. Zahi trundled after her, sniffing and drooling at everything, excited to have so many new smells to explore. She had just finished her fitting for new clothes and was taking her time heading back.

A voice behind her had Shahira turning to look down at some...ratty little girl that was bothering her. She wasn't all that fond of girls, but this one was hardly a threat, "...What do you want?"

Anonymous

The look Zayna got from the woman was one that stated that she was less than happy to be interrupted. Okay maybe she should've randomly picked someone else. "Ah yes...uhm..I was looking for someone named Shahira..." She scratched her cheek a little and cast her eyes away from the woman in front of her. The obviously annoyed stare was a bit..uncomfortable to look at herself. "If you could point me in the direction of where they are I'll be on my way.."

Venri meanwhile stayed quiet. At least for the moment.

Anonymous

Shahira blinked, amused and a little curious now. The open hostility was gone, replaced by smug enjoyment as she studied the girl under that hideous hat, arms crossed under her small breasts, "And what do you want with her?"

Anonymous

Zayna frowned slightly. She really wasn't hoping for a question or anything. She just wanted directions so she could go on and not upset the woman any further. Though..her annoyed stare had melted away then. She wasn't entirely sure why though. "Ah...well...I was hoping maybe she could help me out a little.." she mumbled, not really sure if she should elaborate on what kind of help she was looking for. Honestly, she didn't want to reveal too much about herself..or the annoyed hat on her head..

Anonymous

Help? Why on earth would someone want her for help? They obviously hadn't heard enough about her to know she wasn't big on helping anyone.

Ooooh. Unless maybe there was some reward.

"Well, you got lucky. I'm Shahira. What does a ratty little thing like you want my help for?"

Anonymous

"Really?" Zayna asked, her tone a bit more excited than she had planned on. She had never expected to find Shahira this fast, let alone randomly. When she realized what she said she quickly changed her tone a little and glanced away for a moment, a little embarrassed. "Ah..that was a stupid question..of course really." she mumbled.

After she had collected herself a little she glanced back at the woman again and when she heard the ratty comment all she could think was: I'm not ratty. Those words did not leave her mouth though. There was no need to ruin her chances at help so quickly. "Uhm..well I heard a little about your abilities and I was just wondering if you could teach me a little.." She heard Venri let out a little huff then. He really didn't like her plans at all.

Anonymous

"Teach you? You want to learn from me?" Of all the things she had been expecting, that was not it. Blinking, Shahira felt a warm, tingling rush of pride and ego. Of course she would want to learn from her! She was the amazing Shahira, powerful and talented demonic summoner.

"So, why do you want to learn to summon demons? Looking for a particular one?"

Anonymous

Rather than say anything Zayna just nodded at the woman's questions. She feared the more she said the less likely of a chance she had to get the woman to agree to help her. Then again it was probably better if she talked because if she didn't Venri would and then that would really ruin her chances...

"Ah well..No really any specific. Just sort of in general. I can do a little bit myself but I'm not very good at it yet. And why do I want to learn? Uhm...just in case I suppose?" she mumbled, scratching her cheek a little.

Anonymous

Well, this wasn't as flattering as she would have liked. Huffing a little, she brushed her long hunk of green hair over her shoulder, "Well, I'm not going to teach you for free. What do you plan on offering me?"

There didn't seem to be much there besides an awful looking hat that-hmmm...Shahira blinked, yellow eyes narrowing, "That hat...it feels demonic."

Anonymous

That's another thing Zayna was afraid of. Having to pay her. It wasn't like she really had that much money. Sure odd jobs and stuff that she did wherever she stopped helped a little but not much since Venri was so impatient and always wanted to move around. That ate up more money than she ever had. "Uhm..well..what is that you would want?" Zayna asked.

When the statement came up about her hat, her expression dropped. "Ah..well..that's uh-"
"That is because we are not just a ratty hat." Venri stated, opening his eyes then. His eyes narrowed back at the demon summoner. A small sigh escaped Zayna's lips then. Exactly what she didn't want to happen..Venri talking..

Anonymous

"I don't know. You obviously don't have any money. What are you good at?" Shahira was starting to get annoyed. Why was she having to work all this out? Really, did the thing know nothing?

The hat was somewhat interesting though. Tilting her head, Shahira studied it, "What? You have one already. Do you want to banish or control it better or something?"

Anonymous

"Good at? Ha! This girl is useless." Venri answered for Zayna even though she had opened her mouth to say something. She frowned a little and glared up at the hat even though it was obvious he wouldn't see it. He would know that she wasn't happy with that statement. Not that it mattered much to him though. "So you're pretty much wasting your time." Zayna frowned a bit at that. She had expected that. He really didn't approve of this.

"No. Nothing like that." Zayna said quickly. "I can summon little things but they're usually next to useless..so I'd kind of like to get better at that."
"Control us..right. We own this girl more than she owns us." Venri huffed.

Anonymous

"Hat. Quite." Shahira gave it a sharp glare. If it didn't silence itself right then, she would force it too. She had little tolerance for this kind of behavior.

"Girl. I don't care what your powers are yet. What exactly am I going to get out of teaching you? Let's get that worked out first."

Anonymous

Venri huffed and returned the glare Shahira was giving him. He never took orders from someone but he wasn't stupid. He knew not to mess with a demon summoner. That was like asking for death wish on his part.

Zayna smiled nervously. The problem had already been brought forward that there wasn't much she could give. "Well..besides money what would you want..?"

Anonymous

"I don't know!" Shahira made an irritated noise, starting to lose patience, "I wasn't looking for some apprentice. If you aren't good at anything and have no money, then just go away!"

Anonymous

Zayna saw that coming. She really expected no less but there wasn't much she could do about the money issue. "Ah..right..sorry." she mumbled, glancing away for a moment. "I'll ah..just be going then. Sorry again for disturbing you."

Anonymous

Shahira made an annoyed sound and turned away. What a waste of her time! Did she honestly think she was just going to teach her for nothing? Did she look stupid? And where was that damn demon of hers?