Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A new Beginning [M]

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2011, 08:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Gah, why did daddy have to be so silly? Her face was all sticky with pancake syrup and butter now, which made the young demon flail around, wishing Bobbins were here to lick the gooey syrup off her face. She shook her head at her daddy, thoroughly exasperated. "Pancakes can't make you look handsome, daddy! They only make you look silly!" She tried to wipe some of the syrup off with her hands, but that only made her hands sticky too...! Ahh, gross!

Her eyes widened at her father's claim that he was now hungry – for little winged girls. At the word 'winged' Devi quickly tucked in her wings, looking from left to right, trying to play innocent, hoping maybe he wouldn't notice... "Hmm, I don't see any..." she said carefully, innocently, whistling a little, but alas, daddy was too smart! He scooped her up in his arms, and Devi let out a high pitched yell, squirming in her father's arms. "Noooo, don't eat me, daddy! I don't taste good at all!" She wiggled, but was relieved when she was finally released.

Momma eventually came over with a damp rag to wash the sticky butter and syrup off her face, which made the little demon sigh in relief. But that relief didn't last very long, since daddy had to go on and talk about what would happen if they had no faces... She furrowed her brow, and shook her head. "B-But, I don't want my parents to have pancake faces..." Devi muttered, her lip trembling. After a moment, she looked at her plate of pancakes, back to her father, and then to the plate once more. She pushed it away from her, frowning. "I'm not hungry anymore..." Man, daddy sure knew how to kill an appetite!

Lion

Ghanon wasn't even sure he had an appetite big enough to want to finish all these wonderful little breaded circles that had been called pancakes.  Luckily he knew a faster way to eat them, though he was sure it would seem as if he didn't enjoy them.  With a quick snap of his fingers the food on the plate disappeared, leaving behind little more than a pile of crumbs.  Ghanon pat his stomach satisfied, and released a small burp.

But he frowned and looked at Devi when she pushed her food away and looked as if she were about to cry.  Though he was only joking, it wasn't as if he could blame her, she was just a child after all.  "Oh don't say that, Devi.  I didn't mean it," Ghanon got out of his seat and went around Ba'ast, kneeling beside her on the otherside of her chair.  For a demon, she was such a sensitive and intelligent little thing.  At least in that he could be proud of the work of his loins.

"You don't have to eat it if you don't want to.  Daddy's sorry.  How can I make it up to you?"  His hand pat her on the head again and let his fingers comb back her hair.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Ba'ast got Devi's face clean and wiped off her hands so she was nice and clean. Turning to look at Ghanon when she heard his plate clank and eyed the crumbs before she looked to his hand on his stomach and shook her head. "Cheater~" She teased and turned back to Devi who looked sad now that she couldn't eat her favorite pancakes.

Ba'ast was about to pick Devi up but Ghanon stood up to walk over to her so she gathered the plates and put them in the sink. Throwing out Devi's pancakes. Then she walked over to her daughter and kissed her cheek. "Isn't daddy mean...? Don't worry. Mommy still loves you."

Anonymous

The thought of having parents with pancakes for faces was still quite horrifying to the little demon, but at least daddy had finally taken off that silly pancake mask. He knelt down next to her, asking if there was anything he could do to make it up to her. Devi's eyes lit up, wondering if there was anything he could do to make up for his transgressions, but in the end, could only think of one thing. "Next time momma makes pancakes," Devi started, "don't wear them on your face!" That way, she could actually eat her pancakes next time!

Momma came up to her and kissed her on the cheek – somehow, a kiss from momma always made everything better. "Daddy's not mean, momma! He's just silly~" She giggled, though, and hugged her momma close. "Momma, you'll make pancakes again soon, won't you?" Despite not being able to eat half of her breakfast, Devi had never laughed so hard in her life before. It was nice, to have daddy here – she hadn't even realized that something could've been missing, until he had returned.

Lion

"Okay, Devi.  You have a deal," Ghanon said with a smile.  He brushed back her hair and planted a kiss on her forehead.  Ba'ast seemed to be getting all the good attention and he couldn't help the amused look on his face when his kid actually defended him.  Maybe this month wouldn't be so bad if he could teach Devi to like him more than her mother.  Now that would be hilarious.  And he wouldn't think Ba'ast would take too kindly to that.

"See," he said to Ba'ast and stuck his tongue out at her.  "Okay Devi, you ought to take a bath now.  You're mother's going to wash those cooties off of you.  And I'm going to get dressed into much cleaner clothes.  And then we'll decided what to do with the rest of our day.  Okay, go!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

She looked to Ghanon and made a face. "You're trying to pick a fight, aren't you?" She asked, though she stepped over to him and kissed his lips quickly. "Go get cleaned up." She stated and turned to Devi.

Ba'ast quickly scooped her daughter into her arms and hurried off to the bathroom. She left the door open and she started up the bath. Making sure the water was nice and warm before she turned to Devi and undressed her. "Oh daddy got syrup all over you~" she pouted, noticing some of Devi's hair clumping together from the sticky substance. She picked up Devi and sat her in the bath. Leaning on the edge and watching her as the water continued to fill up. Though she did take a moment to pour some bubble bath liquid into the water.

Anonymous

The little demon smiled as her mother undressed her and sat her in the bath. Oooh, she loved bubble baths! Granted, she had learned the hard way that kitties didn't like them as much as she did, but that was fine with her. She splashed water on her face as she sat in the bath, trying to wash the remains of syrup off her face. As momma commented about how she had syrup all over her, she nodded her head in agreement.

"We're gonna need a lot more bubbles, momma! Put more, put more!" Devi urged, splashing in the water. She dived under the water a few times to get her hair wet, and shook out her hair vehemently, like something a wet cat would do. She didn't really know how to wash herself properly yet, but she knew momma would take care of it – momma always managed to take care of everything.

Lion

Ghanon was left there kneeling as Ba'ast took Devi up into her arms ready to bathe.  That sounded just like the right thing to do.  But it was too bad there was only one washroom.  Ghanon was sure he didn't smell like too bad, even as he sniffed and got a whiff of Ba'ast while he was at it.  Maybe he did need a bath after all.  At least Devi didn't ask about cooties.  He wasn't sure how he'd explain that to her just yet.

In an instant, Ghanon poofed in and back out of the kitchen like a flash of light.  He'd recalled seeing a small pond nearby here.  And he sat relaxed in the chair with his feet up, all dressed and looking as fresh as if he were prepared for a ballroom dance, though not dressed up as fancy.  When they were all done, he looked toward Devi and grinned widely, proudly.  Perhaps a little too much though.  "See how beautiful you look with you're face all cleaned up!  And momma too if she wasn't so mean to daddy!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She went about washing Devi carefully to make sure she didn't leave a speck of dirt anywhere. And when she was done she drained the tub and wrapped a towel around Devi and picked her up. Ba'ast carefully dried Devi's wings, then her hair and her body before snapping her fingers and having sand wrap around Devi and make a short dress that suited Devi well. Then Ba'ast pulled her hair up into pig tails and picked Devi up again. Carrying her out of the bathroom and over to Ghanon where she sat Devi on his lap.

"Well you look good." She smirked to Ghanon, running her fingers through his hair. "And momma's always pretty, Ghanon."

Anonymous

Ah~ It felt good, to be all squeaky clean, with no more syrup and butter sticking to her face. She hummed lightly as momma dried her up, along with her wings and hair, then snapped her fingers to dress her up in a cute dress.

Devi grinned at the sight of momma's quick handiwork – oh, it would be great, if she could do things like that! She had tried it before, to manipulate sand, and all she had done was make a mess of the yard. One day, though, one day, she'd be able to make pretty clothes pop out of thin air, just like momma!

Devi nodded at her mother's statement. "Momma's right~ Momma's always pretty, daddy!" Duh, wasn't that obvious? She grinned, bouncing on her father's lap, twirling around. "What about me, daddy? Am I as pretty as momma?"

Lion

Ghanon held the demon child in his lap while she bounced and hugged her close.  It felt so unusual having a small child in his lap, and even more so that it was something he'd made himself.  But he kissed her temple anyway and grinned.  "You look lovely.  You're even more prettier than momma!  And that's saying a lot.  Gimme a kiss, ah there you go."  Ghanon laughed and stood, holding the child in his arms.  He looked at Ba'ast.  "So what shall we do today, eh?  I don't suppose you want to stay in the house all day.  I sure don't."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She watched as Devi twirled on Ghanon's lap-- but she wasn't worried about her falling, Devi's instincts would kick in and she would fly. And it's happened plenty of times for Ba'ast to know not to try and catch her. Then again, Ghanon was there holding her so it was fine.

She placed her hands on her hips when he stood and shrugged. "I don't know. Why don't you think of something, Ghanon. I'm sure Devi would love a change in pace-- we always do what I want to do. Why not daddy's idea?" She chuckled, looking to Devi, then back up to Ghanon's face.

Anonymous

Was it true? Was she really prettier than momma? Devi stopped twirling around, stopping to stare at her father, her mouth opened wide. "Prettier than momma?" Devi repeated, and laughed, a light giggle. "I don't know about that, daddy~" She continued twirling around on him again, still happy for the complement nonetheless.

Huh... what did she want to do? She could choose? Devi hummed under her breath, thinking – there wasn't anything she particularly wanted to do, really... Heck, she wasn't even used to being asked this sort of question! Really, Devi was used to following whatever momma had told her to do, so even when given a choice, her mind blanked. But, as usual, momma had a good suggestion. "Yeah! Why don't you decide, daddy~?" Devi asked, bouncing up and down. "Daddy just came back, after all, so we should do what you wanna do~"

Lion

The grand question was sprung upon him and he met Ba'ast's eyes with a lazy, nonchalant fire, like a candle that slowly burned on a cold winter's night.  Ghanon adjusted his grip on his daughter, holding her still and looking at her as if he were cornered.  "You want me to choose what to do, well fine then.  How about we all go for a swim?  There's a pond not to far from here and the day is beautiful.  Not as beautiful as you two, but you understand.  It shouldn't be wasted."

he knew that Devi had just taken a bath but the outdoors ought to do them both some good.  And a good swim would certainly take his mind off of business matters.  There was always time to find another shard, but Devi would not be a child forever.  Satisfied with his choice, he glazed expectantly at Ba'ast and Devi.  "Well, what do you say?  We can always set the town on fire another day."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Devi's eyes lit up at her father's choice – going swimming! They were going swimming! She had never gone swimming before! At the news, Devi smiled widely, bouncing up and down. "A swim, a swim, let's go for a swim~!" she urged, despite the fact that she had never swam before, and wasn't even sure if she could swim at all. Granted, Devi wasn't worried – she had her momma and daddy here beside her, after all! They'd always make sure that she was safe, no matter what.

Suddenly, Devi flew out of her father's hands without warning, tackling an orange figure that had been trying to clear out of the room as quickly as possible. Sadly enough, the tabby failed, and managed to become trapped in Devi's iron grip once more. The tabby, with urgency and fright, continued to try to wriggle out of Devi's hands, but by this point, the cat knew that resistance was futile. She held up Bobbins and looked at her parents hopefully. "Can Bobbins come?" she asked, tilting her head. "I think Bobbins wants to learn how to swim too!"

Anonymous

She looked up at Ghanon's eyes and actually blushed at the intensity in his gaze. She stepped up to him when Devi left his grasp and grinned. "Swimming sounds good-- and you know I like seeing you wet~ I can give Devi a bath again and then you and I can shower together." Ba'ast knew how to make everything steamy.

She looked to Devi and waved her hand and her dress turned into a bathing suit and she looked back to Ghanon while her outfit changed into a revealing-- but slightly less than expected bathing suit. "Well then. Where is this lake?" She asked. "Oh... and I do expect us to light the town on fire later. They are a bunch of annoying people."

Lion

Ghanon couldn't stop the loud, booming laughter of the ecstatic way Devi reacted to his suggestion of swimming.  He guessed it was a good idea after all.  He caught Devi hugging that tabby in a stranglehold.  "Of course Bobbins can come.  Take as many as you like!" he chuckled at her.

He kept that same gaze when Ba'ast came near him.  He put a hand on her waist, a hand that sunk a little low and lazily grasped her.  His laughter became languid and his grin faded, peering through her with a half lidded gaze.  "I know you do," he said and chuckled before taking both of them in hand and letting the fabric of reality pull around them.  They transported to the lake in an instant and out came Ghanon in his own swimming brief and promptly jumped into the water.  After several seconds he resurfaced and tossed back his wet hair.  "Come on in, the water's fine!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

The orange tabby's eyes widened in pure terror as Ghanon gave the okay for him to come along, as if he could understand him. It retaliation, the cat began mewling and wriggling, but Devi only squeezed Bobbins tighter, snuggling close to his face. "Did you hear that, Bobbins? You get to come too~" Devi cried out in excitement, but such news did not seem to please Bobbins at all. Eventually, it came to the point where the cat had wriggled so much that it couldn't wriggle at all, and decided to submit to its fate.

Momma had said something about burning down the town later... If anything, Devi agreed – they really were a bunch of annoying people! She couldn't even fly around them, because momma said that they didn't like her wings. Humph! They were all just jealous, really... Devi was about to agree with her mother, but daddy had transported them out of their home and near the pond he spoke about with naught but a snap of his fingers.

Huh, what a strange way to travel! And yet, Devi knew she had done something like this before herself, when she had wanted to get home quickly after running through the fields, looking for her cats. She wasn't sure what the power was called, though... but she could do it too! She grinned, and bounced on the balls of her feet.

"Look, daddy, I can do that too~!" she exclaimed, or at least, hoped she could do it, since her abilities seemed to work whenever the hell they wanted to. But thankfully, she was able to do it – she left reality shift around her – one minute she was standing at the edge of the pond, and the next, she was in it, swimming and splashing, with Bobbins in tow. "See, see~!" She didn't know what the power was called, but she could do it, just like daddy.

Anonymous

She had become so used to Ghanon's mode of travel that she barely thought anything of it when he took them right to the lake. She just turned to watch him jump in the water and crossed her arms over her chest. Well, he was rather attractive when wet.

Though, her attention went to Devi when she said she could do that too. And, in an instant Devi (and the cat) were gone. When they were back, Devi was in the water with a very upset cat. Ba'ast, not wanting her daughter to get all scratched up, jumped up and her wings appeared. SHe flew over to Devi and took the cat in her arms. "Devi, why don't we let Mr. Bobbins stay out on the edge. I promise he wont leave." She eyed the cat and took him to the bank and set him down. He shook off, and then started to clean himself. Defeated.

Ba'ast then let her wings vanish and she dropped into the water. Swimming over to Devi.

Lion

He watched the cat look absolutely irate and terrified that it had been suddenly warped in the water and started to panic.  Devi seemed to be able to handle him just fine, but he certainly didn't want the cat getting the better of the little demon.  Ba'ast got to her quickly and took the cat to the edge, where he obviously tried to salvage what was left of his feline dignity.  Poor bastard.

Ghanon swam over to them as well and looked Devi with a crazy eye, one pupil bigger than the other.  "That was a very neat little trick, Devi.  You're very smart and you've made me proud," he said eloquently and splashed her a little.  He glanced over to Ba'ast.  "You know I wouldn't take you for one who liked water, being who you are.  But it suits you very well," he chuckled and gave her a kiss on the cheek.  "Okay Devi, do you know how to swim?  Would you like us to teach you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn