Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

...caught in a Rad Bromance...

Started by Anonymous, August 05, 2011, 10:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"I should give you a good beating. I really should. Getting married, and you still don't know to respect your elders..."

Grumble grumble grumble. Somewhere underneath all of that, Murray might have been nursing a warm little glow. God in heaven, but he loved this boy.

Anonymous

"Well, you must have just done a bad job of teaching me proper respect." Bernard smiled and took a seat, draining his mug, "Just...married. I finally found the right woman. You'll love her Murray, I know you will."

Anonymous

If only he knew...

The right woman wasn't coming. Nice as some girls might be, boys were nicer, and in a lot more interesting ways.

"Nah, I won't. You said it yourself, married to the army. How can any woman - even yours? - compete?"

Anonymous

"Bah. You'll change your tune someday. But, well, I wont lie. It's nice to not lose you to some harpy just yet. Couldn't find my own underclothes without you."

Anonymous

"You do know how women work, right? What they like?"

Geisler knew about men - he was a popular commander, unless he utterly bollocksed it up - but women...oh god. If he didn't know, Murray would have to arrange it, and when it came to women he was as much help as tits on a bull.

Anonymous

"What do you mean?" Bernard had never been very good with women. He would visit brothels like most men, but actually dealing with women he wasn't related to was rare and he tended to much it up badly. He had a knack for saying just the wrong thing when trying to impress a girl.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

"Oh God help me...am I going to have to take you to a brothel, or have you figured that bit out? And do you know how to suck up to a woman when you've done something wrong but don't want her to shout?"

Anonymous

Bernard flushed, his ears going red, "I am aware of how to...please a lady in that regard."

Anonymous

"And thank the Lord for that small mercy, because I'm not inclined to pay for you to learn!"

Murray laughed, a short, sharp 'huh' like a dog's bark.

"What about the other bit? When you've done something wrong and and she's cross at you, what do you do? If you've ever had sisters, or even your mother...that's a more important skill."

Anonymous

"Well, just, ya know, er..." Bernard shifted, looking uncomfortable, "Just...do what she wants." That was the method he used with his sisters and mother. They got angry, he just did what they wanted him to do. Another man, Bernard could handle it, knew where he stood. But women did things like cry and give him the silent treatment.

Anonymous

"Good man. Your girlie, she's not the crying type is she?"

Lord, let him have had more sense than to choose some panicky, over-emotional little goose!

Anonymous

"Eloise? Good God now. She's perfect, I told you. She's got spirit in her." Bernard gave a happy sigh, eyes unfocused as he pictured his beautiful betrothed.

Anonymous

Yep. Lovesick, and a pretty bad case of it at that. Murray had never seen Bernard making the kind of goo-goo sheep's eyes he was making right now, and the girlie wasn't even in the bleeding room!

Better let him work some of it out then.

"So what's she like? Details, man, details."

Anonymous

"Beautiful. She's strong and fierce and so smart. That girl can do anything." Bernard laughed, "I'm still surprised she'll have me. She can read, well too."

Anonymous

"Can she cook though?"

It was an important question. The boy had a pretty sturdy appetite, Murray knew - he'd often enough been the cook when whatever cold, grey, surface-scummed slop the official unit cooks served up was just too bad to stomach. Bernard had a marked fondness for burnt crispy bits, considered them near enough to a food group in their own right. Being trapped in a marriage with a woman who insisted on eating GREEN LEAFY THINGS might just kill him.

Anonymous

"Er, well, yes. She can." It wasn't the best food, but Bernard didn't really mind. He liked that she made it and that was enough for him, "Besides, I already have cooks. Once were married, she just needs to supervise and she's very good at that."

Anonymous

"I already have cooks," Murray echoed. It was not without some affection. "Look at you, preparing to live the gentleman's life. Got a house, got your own cooks, got a girl agreed to be your wife. At this rate it shouldn't be too long until you're peeling an anklebiter or two off your legs..."

The thought of Bernard with children made him smile. He wasn't much good with them himself - unless they were a very specific kind of little'un, the kind who didn't panic and cry when he was harsh - but Bernard...

Anonymous

"I only hope so. I would love kids. I'm sure they'll be calling you Uncle Murry in no time." Bernard was almost glowing at the very idea of being a father. He adored kids and liked being around them.