Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Break During Work [Moonie and Anyone else]

Started by Anonymous, September 15, 2011, 01:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ranvir was in a situation not that common to him, he was taking a break during work as had been scheduled for him. He had searched for a street not that busy, as he wanted to relax. Eventually he had found one, taking a seat on a bench on the side of the dirt road.

Twisting a little and stretching he attempted to release the tension in his muscles. He was honored to have his job and to be a Mou'Ko. He certainly didn't desire the stress though, but it was a small price to pay. Stretching again he scanned the few individuals that were on the street, he didn't see anyone he recognized nor anyone that seemed suspicious. It was another boring day today, but in a way that was good he supposed. It meant that there was peace.

He sat there for a few minutes, not moving besides the gentle rising and falling of his chest as he breathed. To do nothing was relaxing but at the same time he felt a little bored. He wished he could see his family right now.

The instant the thought of his family entered his mind a small smile crept onto Ranvir's face. He wish he could see them right now, but even if he left for his home right now his break would be over as soon as he got there. He wished he could see them but he didn't want to shirk his duties either.  So he simply sat there, slowly passing the time that he had for his break.

Anonymous

Kyariste moved slowly through the streets. She had spent the morning baking bread, since she was not expected to teach at the Temple until that evening. The bread had been given out to children studying at the Temple, for the most part. A small loaf was tucked inside a basket, along with some fresh fruits. Alysia was skipping merrily at her side, a small Thanati doll swinging in her grasp. Kya smiled faintly at her daughter, the child was her greatest treasure, a gift from Inima, to be sure. It had been Alysia's idea to surprise Papa with the fresh lunch.

Of course, there was the problem of finding Papa. They had been wandering about for nearly an hour, trying to luck out and stumble upon him. Kyariste generally did not like to bother her husband while he was working. She held great respect for the brave warriors that kept the order and peace of their sacred home. Still, keeping her dearest warrior strong and well-fed was very important too. She smiled thinking of her husband. When she had first married him she'd known very little about him. Her father had choosen him for her, and her father had been a wise man and choosen well. Ranvir was a good, faithful man and a devoted husband and father. She felt Inima had blessed her life.

Suddenly Alysia cried out in childish glee. "Papa! Papa!" She squealed in delight, running as fast as her little legs and slightly wobbly steps would carry her. Kyariste smiled at her daughter as she follwed at a much more dignified pace. As soon as Alysia reached Ranvir, she lifted her arms to him. "Up, Papa, up!" The adoration was obvious on the little girl's face.

A loving expression was on Kya's face as she approached the pair. She loved to see how loving her family was, to know that there was great love in her household. "Afternoon, my husband. Our little one wished to surprise you with a fine lunch of fresh bread and fruits."

"I helped!" Alysia pipped up proudly.

Anonymous

When he heard that familiar call from his daughter Ranvir immediately perked up, head swiveling here and there as he searched for the source of the voice. When he saw the child running towards him his whole face brightened. He chuckled and complied with his child's demands, getting off the bench and crouching down a little as he scooped her up into his arms. With her safe in his powerful arms he rose into a fully standing position, his child wrapping her little arms as far as she could around his neck. That small and simple action nearly melted Ranvir's heart. He loved his child so much, as he did his wife as well, whom he looked upon fondly as she approached closer. His smile grew ever brighter

"Well thank you very much, my wife." he said, bowing to her in greeting. "I appreciate it very much, both of your efforts." He made sure to address Alysia as well since she had spoken up.

"Do you wish to sit with me and partake of the meal?" he asked, motioning with the hand not holding his daughter to the bench he had been previously sitting on. "I'm on break right now so I can take my time...I would love to spend time with my family if you are not too busy." He dearly hoped they were not, he would consider it cruel if he saw them now and got his hopes up but they were unable to spend a little time with him.