Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello, again! [Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 29, 2011, 01:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

It took Niamh a minute or so before she knocked on the door. Even though she'd been invited over for work, this felt a little awkward--mostly because now in addition to asking for work, she had another request, and didn't really feel like she had a right asking, but she didn't know who else she could. He was the only one she knew here, aside from Speaker, and the problem there was that she didn't want to overstay her welcome. She still planned on visiting; it was still in the same village so that wasn't hard to do. But she couldn't take advantage of his hospitality forever.

Plus, well, Dimitri...

"Doyle? Ya in?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

It was Ruben who opened the door.  He gave her an unimpressed look, but then realized who she must be.  His look didn't change.

"Oh," he said, leaning an arm on the door frame.  "You're the girl."

Doyle had told him about her, and that she'd been expected.  He known about her from the start of course—how could he not, all the noise she made when she was over.

He left the door open for her and went back to work.

Rhindeer

"Excuse me?" Niamh's expression quickly settled into a scowl and she planted her hands on her hips, puffing up to her full height. The girl. The girl? Who was this hussy, anyway, thought she was so high and mighty that she could just dismiss her like that?

Clamping down on her irritation and swallowing the words she wanted to say, not wanting to outright insult one of Doyle's guests right before she was about to ask for a huge favor, she managed to say, as pleasantly as she could muster under the circumstances, "Uh, hold up, miss. You wanna tell me where Doyle's at?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Doyle had heard the door knocked on and voices. He had been out back, taking care of the pigs and headed in to see what the noise was about. He was a little surprised to see Ruben vanishing back up stairs, as he had expected that StarFire would be the one to answer the door. Then he noticed the visitor and his face lit up, "Niamh! Well, nice ta see ya. Wasn't expectin' ya just yet, sorry 'bout that."

Rhindeer

"Oh, uh, yeah. Sorry for just dropping in like this, I just--who's the girl?" Niamh blurted, unable to staunch her curiosity.

Because she'd already decided she didn't like her, whoever she was. Hopefully it wasn't Doyle's girl.

Anonymous

"Girl?" Doyle frowned, looking puzzled, "There aren't any girls here, unless you count Penelope. But she's a piglet, so I imagine yer not talkin' about her." Doyle then blinked, biting back a laugh, "Wait? Ya don't mean Ruben do ya? Ruben ain't a girl."

Rhindeer

"Wha?" Niamh blinked several times and craned her neck to try to look around Doyle, trying to catch a glimpse of the "girl". "You're serious? That's a guy? You're kidding."

Please, please be kidding. Because if he wasn't, then ouch. That was a nice blow to the ego there, meeting a man that was prettier than you. As if she needed something else to be self-conscious about--about the only thing he didn't have were breasts, and she couldn't even beat him there.

Anonymous

"Yeah. Ruben. I'm sure I told ya about him. He got injured cause of me and I've been helpin' him out while he heals up." Doyle smiled again, reaching over and ruffling the girls soft, pale hair, "What brings ya over? Can I get ya somethin' ta eat? I just baked some honey cakes yesterday, they're still pretty fresh if ya want some."

Rhindeer

"That's Ruben?" Niamh blurted, staring at Doyle even as he ruffled her hair. She laughed and swatted at his hand. "I thought that was a girl. Huh. Well. Anyway..."

She took a deep breath. She wasn't really hungry, more nervous about what she was about to ask, but she nodded at his question anyway. "I'd love some, thanks! Just thought I'd, y'know, check in, say 'hi'..."

Anonymous

"Well, he's pretty like one. But don't ya let him hear that. He's a bit touchy." Doyle led Niamh into the kitchen. He gathered up a plate with two of the cakes on it and some fresh, thick sheeps milk, "Here ya go. It's nice ta see ya. How have things been?"

Rhindeer

"Thanks!"

Taking a seat at the table, Niamh accepted the cakes and dug in hungrily as he spoke. She'd always had a sweet tooth, and even more so when she hadn't really eaten much that day. She hadn't had the appetite--yet Doyle made her feel relaxed and comfortable enough to forget that. There was never any judgment here, never any pressure to be anything but who she was.

Though his question made her freeze in mid-bite.

That was a loaded one.

"Oh, uh, well...things have been...decent," she said, and shoved another bite into her mouth. "Not devastatingly dire, but not...good. Exactly."

Anonymous

Doyle hadn't realized he had stepped into a dangerous zone until Niamh spoke. He took a seat, watching her with a slightly worried expression, "Oh? What happened? Ya wanna talk about it?"

Rhindeer

Niamh fidgeted, breaking off more pieces of cake and taking small bites. "Uhm, well, that's actually--see, that's something I sorta maybe wanted to ask you about. Uh, see, I kinda...well, I can't really stay there. Where I was staying, I mean. And I know it's kinda asking a lot and you don't got space and we haven't known each other all that long and everything but...uh...I don't need a lot of space or anything."

She was staring down at the table by the end of that, feeling like an idiot. It was kind of embarrassing and shameful to admit she needed help but there it was. When it came down to it, she couldn't stay there and she had nowhere else to go.

Anonymous

Doyle felt a small burst of rage at the idea of anyone picking on such a sweet girl, making her wear that expression. But he quickly shoved it aside and moved closer. It reached to hug her, but stopped, settling for resting his large hand on her hair, "You can stay here as long as you like. I'm almost done addin' on another room for guests and the like. Ruben and Starfire can sleep there, you can take the upstairs room," It had stopped being his room awhile ago, "And it'll all work out just fine. It'll be okay."

Rhindeer

Niamh's head snapped back up. "You're sure? I mean, wait, upstairs? Isn't that your room?" she asked, blinking in a mixture of surprise and confusion. She hadn't really known what she'd expected--well, okay, he was super nice so she'd thought the chances of him saying yes were high! But his room? She'd been prepared to sleep on the floor somewhere or something.

Though, well, having her own room in a house of men was only good and proper, really, but still!

Staring up at him as it slowly registered, she couldn't help it. Relief flooded over her, the lines of her face relaxing, and she leaned in suddenly and gave him a tight hug. "Thank you. Thank you so much, you have no idea."

Anonymous

Doyle melted into the hug, tugging her close, "It's nothin'. And I've been sleepin' in the kitchen for a while now. Ain't a problem ta just keep on sleepin' here. It's nice and warm."

It just felt good to be hugged like this. Comforting and warm. It made him feel wanted and needed and that felt good. He rarely got physical contact like this.

Rhindeer

"It's not 'nothin'," Niamh said, still holding onto him and trying hard not to tear up out of sheer happiness and relief, even though she felt that familiar tightness in her throat. But she would not. No way. So she blinked it back and kept her eyes clenched shut.

Doyle was safe, nonjudgmental, and just...good. It killed her that he was a heathen, made her worry for his soul, but he was a good person and one day she would pay him back. One day she'd save him--for saving her.

"Just...seriously. You have no idea. At all. And...uhm..." Clearing her throat, she pulled away and wiped at her face. "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to get all weird and mushy. I just--thanks."

Anonymous

"Don't you worry about a thing. It'll be okay. I'll take care of ya. And feel free ta stay as long as ya need to." Doyle smiled that twisted smile of his and patted her hair again, "When do ya wanna move in?"

Another body would make the house crowded, but Doyle would just add on another room. He liked the company and he wasn't about to turn anyone away.

Rhindeer

"Er...as soon as possible?" Niamh flashed an awkward grin, not sure if that would be too forward. But she didn't think she could stay there much longer. She'd overstayed her welcome as it was.

Anonymous

Doyle frowned slightly, "You okay? I mean, come on over whenever ya want, I'll get ya some space. But, uh, yer not in any trouble are you?" Doyle was not about to let anyone mess with Niamh and he didn't like how worried and upset she looked.