Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello, again! [Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 29, 2011, 01:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"No, not...exactly." Niamh grimaced, now picking the cake apart but no longer eating it. "I'm not in trouble. Not anymore. I'm just...I'm not really comfortable staying there."

She chewed her lip. "And I guess I'm tired of feeling like a horrible fuck-up."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Doyle nodded, not wanting to press that too far. He just smiled, reaching over to pat her knee, "You aren't a fuck-up. Yer doin' great as my apprentice. Pickin' up the trade fast. And yer weapon lessons are going quickly as well. Why would ya think yer a fuck-up?"

Rhindeer

"I don't know. I really don't know what else I could have done. I did what I had to and--and I don't know."

Looking up at Doyle, her cake now reduced to a pile of crumbs, she wiped off her fingers. "Do you think it's...wrong to, I don't know...like, say you're in a bad situation. Really bad. No way out. And...you have to do things you normally wouldn't do to get out. Like, compromise your morals. Your beliefs. Is it worth it? And does that make you a bad person?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Doyle was quiet for a long time, sitting back and giving that question due thought. Finally, he spoke, "Well, that's a tough question. I think that what really matters is what you think. Do you think you did the right thing? Was it worth it for you? Because, well, sometimes we have to do some dark things."

Rhindeer

"That's the thing. The first time it happened...I was prepared to die. I didn't want to--who does? But I mean, I was okay with it. As okay as you can be with that. I accepted it, because I really didn't have a choice but to. But my Goddess was with me, and things happen for a reason so that just had to be part of the plan. The second time, though...what sort of plan is that? He mocked Her while he--"

She shook her head, trying to clear away the memories. The first time had been terrifying, but not so bad as the second, because the second time she knew what was coming--but could do little to stop it. "So...I just couldn't do it again. And no one came. She didn't help me. It was just me. So I had to do things and I don't know if it was right but I'm glad to still be here and, well, if no one helps you, what are you left with? You gotta help yourself. Right?"

Niamh took a deep breath. "Well. Some people kind of hate me for it. Because of what I did and said. But I don't know what else I could have done. I mean, yeah, it was worth it. But...that's why I had to leave."

Anonymous

Doyle hugged her. He couldn't not. He hugged her tightly, partly to comfort her, partly so he didn't have to see that look on her face. She shouldn't have to wear that expression, it didn't suit her. She should be laughing and happy.

"Then you didn't do anything wrong." He wanted to know what had happened to her, who had hurt her so badly. And he wanted to kill them. But she would tell him when she was ready, "And I wont let anyone hurt ya again."

Rhindeer

Niamh melted into the hug and clung tightly to Doyle, hands gripping his shirt until her knuckles whitened. He made her feel safe in a way few others--even the people who were supposed to be her friends--did, and said the words she needed to hear: that she didn't do anything wrong.

That she would be okay.

No one had told her that before; it had always been condemnation and for so long she'd believed that she was a horrible person. And with so many people telling her that, it might have been hard to believe the opposite--if it had come from anyone else, someone who wasn't genuinely kind and trustworthy.

She buried her face against his chest and took deep breaths to keep a handle on herself. She'd done enough crying and she didn't want to seem weak, especially not while she felt vulnerable. "Thank you," she mumbled against him and then added, tentatively, "Have you...ever had to do something like that?"

Anonymous

Doyle was a surprised at her reaction, how tight she clung to him. But he didn't mind, he kept her hugged tight against him, safe and protected against him, "Me? Sure. I've had to do a lot of things I'm not proud of to stay alive."

Dark things, full of flesh and blood and shame. He had carved his way through battles and people, eaten flesh and tasted rich blood. He had hurt people in order to stay alive.

"It's never easy, but you aren't a bad person because of it. Being scared and staying alive doesn't make you a monster."

Rhindeer

Niamh nodded against him, trying to believe it. Others had heavily implied that it was better to have died than to have done what she did, but...hah, like they cared about her, anyway. Even so, it was hard not to believe them--but it was at least starting to get easier to believe Doyle.

"Okay," she finally said and, with a deep breath, pulled back from him and rubbed at her eyes. She'd started to get teary despite herself and ugh, she didn't want to get his shirt all wet or make this more embarrassing than she already had. What had come over her, anyway, clinging to him like that?

"Heh. Sorry. I don't mean to make things all...awkward."

Anonymous

Doyle gave her another tight hug before letting her pull back, "Ya don't have anything to apologize for. You didn't make things awkward. It's never...it's never easy surviving. It's a hard process and we can never know what we'll do until we get there."

Doyle smiled that twisted smile of his, "Besides, I would much rather have you here and alive than dead for some ideal."