Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Do you come here often?

Started by Anonymous, November 09, 2011, 01:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It had stormed the night before in La'marri, but the sun was gracing the town with its glory this day. However, the sun wasn't the only thing that was shining bright over the town. A well-built fellow was in high spirits and was happily making his way to the local tavern. The massive sword he had strapped on his back was nearly dragging on the ground as he made his way through La'marri. His boots splashed water about the streets, soaking just the bottom of his black baggy pants. Aside from his navy blue vest with white trim, the only other thing he wore over his chest was the strap that held his monstrous sword in place.
With him, were four other fighters, but nowhere near as tall as he was. In fact, he pretty much towered over everyone in the village. Before long the five of them made their way into the tavern and the large man was greeted with many familiarities from the patrons.
"Oi, Flitz!" Shouted on of the patrons.
"Oh, hey! It's the Dragonslayer!" Yelled out another. For someone so intimidating, he was rather well known and even liked. Without a word, the giant man, who wore a smile from ear to ear, walked up to the bar counter. He then pulled out a pouch filled with coins and tossed it onto the counter.
"Another victory for Flitz Edger! The next round's on me!" The large man yelled out, prompting almost the entirety of the tavern to resound out in a cheer, raising the mugs they already had. With a pat on the back from each of his fellow fighters, who then made their way to an empty table for four, the towering warrior nodded in their direction before turning to the barkeep to retrieve a rather large mug of ale presented to him.

Anonymous

Love was enjoying her sweet relief from Nell's whining. They had made their way across Serendipity and it had felt like years. All he did was bitch and whine and complain that everything wasn't perfect. If he wasn't so cute and so very, very necessary, Love would have ditched him.

Oh, that wasn't true, but it was a nice thought. Leaving him behind and running free into the night. But for now, she had ale. When the large man arrived, the redhead glanced up, uninterested until he mentioned a free round.

Perking up, she headed over to the bar, beaming, "Wow! Free round! Thanks! What brought this on?"

Anonymous

Flitz was about halfway through downing the large mug of ale he had previously received from the barkeep when the new pretty face approached him. His forest green eyes brightened a bit before he stopped chugging down his ale the take a breath.
"Yeah, no problem, Red." Flitz noted in response to the woman's thanks, not knowing her real name. He put his mug back down on the counter and smiled at the horned lady.
"Oh, me and the boys just finished a job that we were hired for. We took down a whole cult of necromancers with ease and thought we'd come to share our victory with the locals." The large man explained, quite excited over the ordeal. Just as he explained it, his former companions lifted their mugs in the air to salute their victory.

Anonymous

"Red? Really? That's refreshing." Love grinned, scoring her mug of ale from the barkeep. Most people tended to not notice the hair and focused more on the horns. But she was cool with Red, if it was a little lackluster in its originality.

"With ease? My my. Aren't we the dashing hero. And so modest. I bet you get all the ladies with that wit."

Anonymous

At first, Flitz was a little perplexed about the horned lady's response to his nickname for her. She either liked the nickname or it was her actual name. Either way, it was a positive reaction. After the woman's response to Flitz's "detailed" story, he let out a hearty chuckle while he placed a massive hand on her shoulder.
"Surely you jest. I'm neither heroic nor modest. I am merely a mercenary, just getting by. My charm and wit falls flat, as it is never used. I've never known the warmth of a lady and probably never will." After his last words, the large man lowered his hand, that's about big enough to wrap around Love's head, from her shoulder and picked up his mug with it.
"My life as a mercenary is simply about just getting by, day by day. I do jobs and missions that no one wants to do, because of the danger, for a living and I go wherever the jobs take me." Finishing up his story, the berserker downs the rest of his ale and returns the mug to the counter. He then looks back down at the horned lady with a simple smile.
"The name's Flitz Edger, by the way." He finally introduces himself to the lady with an outstretched hand, offering a handshake.

Anonymous

Oh sweet dragon, this one wasn't kidding. He was a card, that was for sure. Love gave him a bright smile, lifting her mug, "Well, always good to be honest. And there is nothing wrong with liking men. I know some people have a problem with it, but I think that it doesn't matter what people like, love is a good thing in all its forms."

Anonymous

Flitz lowered his hand after realizing that his handshake offering wasn't accepted. His smile even faded after hearing what Love had to say. The large man threw his hands up in a defensive manner and showed a confused look on his face.
"You misunderstand, m'lady! I am, by far, not a lover of men. I simply express that I lead a lonely life and I show no means to remedy it." The berserker attempted to explain himself, so that he didn't look bad in front of a pretty face. If she was joking with him, he obviously didn't catch it. Once the man was sure that he was safe from another attack on his sexual preference, he lowered his hands. He then rubbed the back of his neck while throwing a sheepish grin in Love's direction.
"Well, that was awkward. I should be more clear on what I say." Flitz finished

Anonymous

"Oh, that's too bad." Love gave her shoulders a shrug, not really caring. She didn't think there was anything wrong with it and she often liked the company of a girl on occasion, "Ah well, relax. Don't look so upset."