Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Ravensway... ((Cherish))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, November 10, 2011, 01:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Serendipity was a large nation. Alas, there were not many places to seclude oneself in the vast plains to the north. But, what better place was there to hide away than the dense, magical forests to the south? That was the reasoning behind Anya's being in the forest. Being a nature spirit, she craved the serenity of life in the forest. There, she would not have to worry about the interference of traders, soldiers and whatnot. Life was peaceful. It was the warm months.

Anya walked through the forest leisurely. There were bright green leaves everywhere. She made not a sound as she moved. There was something different about her than the average animal, as she seemed too relaxed and such, as if everything was in check. Though she wasn't particularly hidden, being a large tiger in the middle of an area in the forest with few trees, she wasn't concerned. She didn't think there were any people around to gawk at her. She lay on the soft grass, made drowsy by the warm sun and her full belly. She drifted off to sleep among the plants and flowers of the woods.

Clair

Anwyl told her to stay put; he'd gone off to find some food, and felt it would be safer if Nichola was hidden. So, Nichola sat in a tree, above the large creature. For a while, she was content just to watch her sleep. Nichola had never seen such a large, powerful but peaceful animal. It was exciting, even if she was sleeping.

Finally, it became too dull to watch from afar. She scooted down the tree, landing on the forest floor with a soft thump, and slowly crawled towards the animal.

CastlesInTheSky

Anya had been sleeping peacefully when she became aware of the presence of someone nearby. Although she didn't open her eyes quite yet, her tail twitched to and fro. Whatever it was, it wasn't dangerous. Her sharp hearing picked up the noise of it slowly advancing toward her. She decided to have a bit of fun.

Just as the creature neared her slightly more, she sat up quickly, opening her eyes. In that brief moment, she caught a look of the creature. A human girl? She couldn't help but wonder what the girl was doing in the middle of the forest.

Clair

Nichola flinched a bit as the creature's tail started to move back and forth, but she continued slowly moving closer... that is until it sat up. She jumped back, falling on her bottom, and gave a sharp shriek. Her green eyes met Anya's and Nichola's breath caught in her throat. She hoped the creature would sense that Nichola meant no harm.

CastlesInTheSky

Anya stared at her for a moment, her ears twitching at the girl's scream. She let out something that sounded sort of like a snort, which could pass for strange laughter. Her tail twitched to and fro still. She figured the girl wasn't intending any harm upon her. After a few seconds, she decided to send a message to the girl through telepathy.

"Do not be afraid. I won't hurt you."

((OOC: I will type her telepathy like normal speaking, as it can be assumed she's not really talking out loud))

Clair

She froze when she heard the voice in her head. Nichola, after a few moments, reached out towards the creature. Anwyl, had he been there, would have thrown a terrible fit. "You're beautiful..." Nichola cooed softly. "I don't mean to hurt you, either."

CastlesInTheSky

Anya didn't move and didn't seem to mind Nichola reaching towards her. She hadn't interacted with humans in quite a while. They were interesting.

"That is good. Tell me, what brings you so far into the forest?"

Clair

Nichola lay her hand against the creature's shoulder, where her neck met her back, and smiled. "I'm hiding here," she murmured. "My Anwyl and I are traveling, and he went to get food; he told me to stay here."

CastlesInTheSky

"I see."

Her fur was soft, patterned with the characteristic marks of a tiger. A fiery orange coupled with ebony stripes. She didn't mind the hand on her shoulder.

"What is your name?"

Clair

Nichola smiled and scooted closer to the beautiful animal. "My name is Nichola," she said, as she made herself comfortable sitting beside the creature. "And what are you called?"

CastlesInTheSky

She was relaxed and content. Besides the movements of her tail, she did not move. The girl had said something about traveling with someone else, and she wondered idly who they were and such, but did not ask.

"I am a forest spirit called Anya."

Clair

"You are very beautiful, Anya," Nichola said, bowing her head. She wasn't sure how she should show respect to a spirit, so bowing her head seemed the best option.

CastlesInTheSky

"Thank you, Nichola."

There was a short silence between her phrases. She looked off into the forest, not looking at anything in particular.

"You said you travel...where are you going to?"

Clair

Nichola ran her fingers through Anya's fur, and looked away into the woods; her stare was distant, almost vacant, as if her thoughts were somewhere else. "I'm looking for somewhere safe," she said, softly. "For me and Anwyl."

CastlesInTheSky

Anya turned her stare to Nichola. It wasn't a demanding stare, but rather one of mild interest. "What do you run from?" Humans always seemed to have some business in the forest, trading or trapping, grazing or gathering. They never seemed to take any time to themselves, no time to nature. It only made it worse that they conflicted with each other so much.

Clair

Nichola sighed but smiled. "My mother. She hates me. She wants to kill me, and my Anwyl." Sudden, with no reason at all, she lay her cheek against the tiger's soft fur.

CastlesInTheSky

Anya glanced at Nichola, but did not otherwise do anything. Her fur was silky and soft, dappled with sunlight from through the branches. She felt like she should do something kind for this human girl. As for why, it was because it wasn't hard for her to help.

"Do you need a place to hide?"

Clair

She turned her face, so that her she was buried against Anya's shoulder. Nichola took in the scent of the beast's fur and sighed happily. She smelled of freedom, of wild, of pureness. "For my Anwyl," she said softly. "I don't care so much for myself... but my Anwyl is in danger, too."

CastlesInTheSky

Anya let out a long sigh. It wasn't reflective of any particular emotion. It didn't bother her that Nichola was snuggled to her shoulder. 'What an unfortunate girl,' she thought.

"I can help you both hide."

Clair

Nichola did not move, but remained against Anya's shoulder, taking comfort in being close. For a few minutes, she remained silent, contemplating what to say. "I will be forever in your debt... for your help, Anya."