Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Ravensway... ((Cherish))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, November 10, 2011, 01:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Anya briefly curled her tail around Nichola in a sort of embrace. "Do not worry about paying me back. I will only ask for a simple thing in exchange, like a scrap of meat or a straw doll, as spirits like myself enjoy receiving offerings. Is that acceptable?"

Clair

"It is more than acceptable," Nichola said, pulling back and looking to the tiger's face. "I can not take such charity from a spirit... I must return the favor."

CastlesInTheSky

Anya nodded. Her ears twitched to where she heard a noise in another part of the forest, but she didn't take any more notice of it. "Good. Now, I will help you to find a place to hide away safely...but first, should we find your brother?"

Clair

Nichola chuckled. "He isn't my brother..." she said softly, but she stood and nodded. "Anwyl told me to stay, but I know he headed towards the west. He'll be coming from that direction," she pointed, "and that's the way we should go."

CastlesInTheSky

Anya nodded again. Wasn't her brother after all? Well, they were siblings in spirit, she supposed. "To the west we shall go, then." She stood, and even on all fours she was quite tall, being about 3 1/2 feet. "Will he appreciate my help?"

Clair

She smirked and shook her head. "Anwyl will be terrified at first. He'll assume the worst; he is a pessimist at heart, unfortunately. We'll have to be careful."

CastlesInTheSky

Anya kept looking forward. If she had been in a human form, she would have a thoughtful expression. Terrified? That wasn't what she wanted to happen. That would not end well. Likely she'd have an arrow through her shoulder if they were to continue. She slowed her pace.

"Nichola, perhaps you should fetch him and bring him to me instead. Then he would be less likely to attack, yes? And if you run into trouble, I can hear you from very far away, so if you called me, I could help you. What do you think?"

Clair

Nichola paused, looking to Anya and nodded. "That might be best," she said, smiling. "I'll be back shortly." With that, she burst into the thicket and looked for Anwyl.

Anwyl carried his back against his chest, his head down. He did not hear Nichola and ran headlong into her, knocking her off her feet. He jumped back, startled; she smiled up at him. "Nichola, I told you to stay put!"

"I know... but there is someone I want you to meet," she said, jumping up and taking his hand. She led him back towards where she left Anya and called softly. "Anya... I've brought Anwyl!" Anwyl glanced nervously at Nichola. "Who did you meet?"

CastlesInTheSky

Anya emerged from the bushes in a moment, slowly to ensure that she wouldn't scare him too badly, and lay down. She wanted to be as least hostile in appearance as possible. She did not want him to become upset. Or, overly upset. Which was difficult when she was in the form of a large tiger.

To both of them, she used her telepathy, though her speech was directed at Anwyl. "I am Anya, a nature spirit." She remained in the reclined position, relaxed.

Clair

Immediately, Anwyl's arm shot out and he pushed Nichola a bit behind him, staring wide eyed at the beautiful but frightening creature. He inhaled, hearing her voice, but did not drop his guard. "Why are you here?" he asked.

CastlesInTheSky

Anya stared off into the forest lazily, in a manner as if there was nothing frightening in the world. Her tail swished gently.

"I am here because I stumbled upon Nichola, and she told me of your problem of being chased. Being a spirit of kind nature, I have offered my help, and she accepted it. I only wish to provide you with safety."

Clair

Anwyl, less trusting than Nichola, glared. "A spirit. A being with power!? Why would you help us!?"

CastlesInTheSky

Anya brought her eyes up to meet Anwyl's gaze. "What other reason is there to help someone besides the very reason that they need help? I have no reason to harm you." She was very calm, in contrast.

Clair

He sneered at her. "Why would a spirit help us?" he snapped. Nichola moved from behind him towards the creature. She didn't stop, even as Anwyl tried to grab her. Kneeling beside Anya, Nichola lay her hands on the creature's back and smiled at Anwyl.

"Get away from her," Anwyl demanded of Nichola.

"She won't hurt us," Nichola said softly.

CastlesInTheSky

Anya stayed still, looking up at Anwyl calmly. She supposed he had been taught by life to be slow to trust. It was a good lesson, but there were times where exceptions came into play. Not everyone had evil intent.

"Sometimes people need help. I wish to help you simply because I do not like seeing the misfortune of others."

Clair

Anwyl frowned, stepping towards Anya slowly. "Please," he said, his tone begging, "Nichola is all I have... don't hurt her..."

Nichola smiled up at Anwyl lovingly. "She would have already if she wanted to."

CastlesInTheSky

Anya was satisfied that he had not attempted to attack her. That would've been worse for the lot of them. No peace would have been achieved.

"I have no intention whatsoever to hurt you or her. I promise this."

Clair

Anwyl, not one to trust, simply sighed. "I won't let my guard down around you," he hissed. Nichola hugged Anya and whispered into her ear. "That's Anwyl's way of saying he'll agree to taking your help." She giggled.

CastlesInTheSky

Anya nodded her large head, looking off into the forest again. That had ended better than she thought it would have in some aspects. A bonus. Anya nudged Nichola, and if she were human, she would have had a smile on her face.

Clair

Nichola giggled and hugged Anya tighter. Anwyl, still not comfortable, gave a muffled groan and let himself sit down. "So, Anya," he said. "Where will we go?"