Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Day in the Park

Started by miss_sanguine, January 04, 2012, 03:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_sanguine

The kitchens? Ryuu stared at her. Sometimes, even now, it was hard for him to understand what was going on in her head. And then there was the issue of the glass still on her face, which she somehow failed to notice, or at least for some reason refused to take care of.

"We'll walk out through the front doors," he said, interrupting her mindless babbling that he wasn't even going to try and understand. "And you should take care of your face before we do."

He didn't mean to sound so snippy, but his irritation ground at him, like one grinding his teeth. At fourteen, she should have been able to take care of herself. He felt like a scolding parent, and he was only sixteen!

Rusger's confusion at his behaviour stifled him some. He sighed.

GoblinFae

It was as if a door had been slammed on Primrose's emotions. She just suddenly went from rambling to silence and numbness in the face of Ryuu's anger and frustration. The smile fell away from her face, leaving behind a blank expression.

Squaring her shoulders, she straightened her posture, and half-glared up at him through her lashes. Turning on heel she marched into her room, slamming the door behind her. Angrily she ripped her hairpins and jewels from her gold locks and threw them down on her vanity, sending the remaining glass shards scattering about the room. Catching her reflection in the looking glass gave her reason to pause in her jerky motions.

'I look horrid,' she realized observing the small nicks on the right side of her face and the pinpricks of blood that ran down it. 'What happened to me? I used to be so different when I was a child. Things like this never mattered before. Why do I let them upset me now?'

Furiously, she wiped at her face scraping the dried blood off her cheek. Grabbing up a head scarf, she wound her long hair up into it and tied it tightly before marching back out the door. Ignoring Ryuu she marched past him headed for the main foyer.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

miss_sanguine

Her change in demeanor was instantaneous, startling, really. He didn't know a person could go from one emotion to another so quickly. Before he had time to ask about it, she stormed into her room and slammed the door behind her, leaving him to stare at it blankly.

*What did I do?* he asked, though more to himself. She had been the one acting like a child, the one with blood on her face from her uncle's temper tantrum. He'd never quite realized it before, but Prim was a lot like her uncle in some ways: prone to mood swings, those mainly falling under the category of angry.

Rusger was snorting happily, unaffected by Prim's bout of ill-temper, mouth hanging open as he breathed. Ryuu could feel the pug's sides rattling against his arm. The noise was comforting for no explainable reason—just feeling his soul-bond move with life, unworried about things of little consequence. *Will she come back? I want to go outside. Let's go outside and she can meet us there,* the pug said.

It wasn't hard to hear Prim thundering around in her room, even if he didn't share the hearing of his soul-bond. He didn't know what to do in this situation; he'd never had to deal with a raging girl before.

He was just supposing he would leave her to her tantrum when he heard the door open behind him and he turned in time to see Prim stamp past him.

Having no idea whether he should follow or not, Ryuu kept up at as slow a pace as he could without losing her. How long was this going to last?

GoblinFae

The closer she got to the main foyer, the slower Primrose moved. By the time she reached the archway, her steps came to a complete stop. Couples spun around the dance floor, splashing the room with color like a painting. Apparently the chaos of dinner was being drowned out with gossip and entertainment.

From the orchestra in the corner an old tune started up. A violin let out soft melancholy notes followed by the other string instruments, picking up the beat. Primrose's shoulders drooped as she listened. 'Mama's song.' She let the notes wash over her, calming her anger but also tainting it with sadness. 'I am such a spoiled little thing,' she thought glancing over at Ryuu. 'I ruin his honor, his family's honor, and our friendship. How do I keep doing this?'

Tears welled up in Primrose's eyes, her gaze on the dancers once more. Tentatively stepping out into the crowd, she felt incredibly naked. Each smile was a sneer; each laugh was cruel mockery; each whispered word was a stab in the back and a lie. 'I should have never invited Ryuu. None of this would have happened if I did. Me and my big mouth always getting me in trouble!' To her left the group of girls from earlier began to approach her. Primrose's eyes widened and she froze in place. The instinct to bolt, to hide, to lock herself away and never be seen again was coursing strongly through her veins. 'Now what?' she sobbed internally.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

miss_sanguine

In truth, the girls were approaching Ryuu, not Prim. They walked right past her and gathered in a tight circle around him.

"What happened, Ryuu?"

"Oh! Are you all right? I'm so glad you caught your puppy. He's cute."

"You look upset. Come dance with us!"

He listened to the tittering words with some aggravation. Why Prim had led them back here was beyond him. He'd thought she'd wanted to leave, and going through the main foyer to get to the front door was not his idea of an escape. More like a trap.

Despite his assurances to the girls that surrounded him, several of them would not take his words to heart and started grabbing at his arms, pulling him toward the dancing people. One of them took Rusger, who starting yipping and wagging his tail at the attention, and handed him over to Prim. "Prim won't mind watching your puppy, will you, Prim?" the one with red hair said, her question more a statement than anything else. "Just keep a good hold on him in case that cat comes back."

*Cat! Where's the cat? I like cats!* Rusger said as he was passed around, soon being held out to Prim. His tail moved so furiously that his entire body wiggled in the girl's arms who carried him.

"Please," Ryuu tried to say, pulling back on the grabbing hands without much success. His arm was no longer his property. He found himself on the dance floor in no time flat, a girl with dazzling blue eyes and blonde hair leading him along in the current slow step being played by the nearby band. He looked to Prim and Rusger in a mild hope for escape, but it would be rude now that he was in the middle of a dance, despite it being against his will.

*I wish you'd fought back, Rus,* he told the pug exasperatedly.

GoblinFae

At first she felt affronted when the girls passed off Rusger as if he was just some worthless piece of trash and stole Ryuu away. She watched her childhood friend move on the dance floor and came to her own unfounded conclusion. If she had just observed a moment more, she would have seen his pleading looks.

'He doesn't need me. Why would he ever want to spend time with me when he has them? Where have I been the last four years? I let our friendship fade. It is only fair that he has moved on without me. Now I have upset him. I never should have tried to see him. Uncle would never have had that argument and Ryuu would never have been offended.'
Saddened, Primrose cradled Rusger close to her chest. "At least I have you Russy," she murmured, scratching behind his ears. "Let's go outside and let Ryuu enjoy his dance."

Weaving in and out of the crowd, she slipped out the front door and into the courtyard. The cool night air made her shiver and she hurried towards the stables. Placing Rusger in the crook of her arm, she carefully climbed up into the hay loft and settled herself against the wall and out of sight.

"Oh Rusger," she exclaimed picking him up and holding him at eye level. "What am I to do?" Primrose gently placed him back down, letting her hand brush over his back and keep an eye on him. The guardrails would prevent him from falling, but she still did not want to take any chances. 'Ryuu would kill me if I let anything happen to him.'

"I thought we were friends. Was I wrong?" she mused allowed. "So much has changed and yet, so much hasn't. I feel like we are so different now that we are unrecognizable. He looks like Ryuu and he sounds like Ryuu but, he's not. He's different."

Her head dropped down into her hands. "I have changed. Maybe it isn't Ryuu. Maybe it's just all me. Kia! He must find me horrid and spoiled. Why did things have to change? Why can't things go back to the way they were?" Even as she mumbled the words aloud she felt a sickening sensation from deep within her gut. 'He doesn't need you, Prim. He has them. He's grown up and so should you! Uncle is right, you are just a silly girl.' Primrose let an exclamation of frustration before falling silent once more. Her head whirled with thoughts of regret and self-loathing. 'I wish I could turn back time. I wish we could be friends again. I wish...I wish.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

By the time he managed to pull away from the hormone-crazed girls, an hour had passed. His face ached with the strain of having kept a false polite, endearing smile the entire time, acting as though he enjoyed it each time a new girl stepped in to dance with him.

He didn't need to look around to know that Prim had left the room, but that was as far as he knew. Had she gone back to her room, or gone outside?

Being too far a distance away from Rusger, Ryuu couldn't speak to him to ask, though he did get tinges of sadness from the animal, near to pity.

So he followed his instincts, which led him to the stables. He could sense Rusger nearby and glanced around. *Rus? Where are you?*

*Prim is sad,* the pug said while mentally showing Ryuu an image of the hayloft, which Ryuu made his way for.

"Prim?" he called out softly.

GoblinFae

Primrose rested her head on her arms, pulling her knees in close. The head scarf fell forward slightly, covering her eyes and letting silken strands of hair escape. 'I will not cry. I will not cry. I will not cry. I'm crying.' Warm tears traced down her face, even as she pressed her face harder into her arms to hide them.

"What?" she asked weakly, curling in on herself. 'Go 'way Ryuu. Stupid, perfect boy, you can't even let me sulk in peace can you? You have to come and make me feel worse by being nice. Why must he come torture me with politeness? I know he doesn't want to be friends. I get it now. I should have understood that when the letters dwindled off. I am such a fool. I am going to tell him. He always said I needed to stand up for myself. I can do this. When he comes closer, I will just be upfront with him. "Ryuu," I'm going to say, "you can stop being nice now. I know it was a childhood thing," and then I'll uh...I'll leave. Yep I can do this.' She sniffled softly, trying to stop the tears. 'I can't do this.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

He suddenly became aware of the taste of salt on his tongue, followed by a brief sense of his pug licking Prim's wet face.

So. She was crying.

He stopped where he was and looked up at the hayloft he now stood under. He'd heard her say something, but he couldn't see her.

Was he to go up there to comfort her? This wasn't like when they were children and he would try to cheer her up after she'd scraped a knee or her uncle had yelled at her. She was grown now, and crying over something he didn't understand at all.

Going against his better judgment, he started climb up toward her, the frayed wood of the ladder biting into his palms. When he reached the top, he saw her curled up by the hay, her scarf hiding her face from view. Rusger sat beside her, looking sadly from her and then to Ryuu. Upon seeing Ryuu, the pugs curled tail wagged slowly.

"Prim," he repeated. "What are you doing up here?"

GoblinFae

Each creak of the ladder as Ryuu ascended made Primrose cringe. 'It's going to break. He shouldn't come up here. He is going to get hurt. Oh that would be terrible and all my fault. No, Ryuu just go away. Leave me in my misery. You don't need to be my knight anymore. We were children then. We've grown up. Just let the memories die. Don't pour any more salt on my festering heart.'

Primrose sniffled loudly. "Go 'way!" She lifted her head, furiously rubbing at her tears. Pushing the scarf back, revealed pale skin marred by red blotches and dried tear tracks. Her blue eyes were swollen and puffy. 'I look like a toad!'

She let her legs fall down so that she was sitting in a cross-legged position with her head hanging to stare at her lap. Occasionally one hand would come up to brush away stray tears that fell faster than she could wipe them away. The other hand hesitantly reached out and gave Rusger a gentle pet down his back.

"I offended you didn't I?" she blurted out. 'Now that was not what I was going to talk about.' Primrose looked over to him, feeling pitiful and small. "When my uncle was yelling at me, I offended you didn't I? I'm sorry Ryuu. I'm sorry you have to put up with my childish notions." She began to hiccup, the more upset she became. "I understand now. You don't have to keep pretending, Ryuu. I know you don't...I'm sorry," she finished softly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

He'd had some idea as for what to do when he got up here, but now that he was and saw her tear-streaked face, his mind went blank. Flashes of a sad Prim with a large cut on her arm, and an upset Prim after a particularly stern scolding from her uncle went through his mind. She looked the same now as she did at those times when they were younger.

"Pretending?" he repeated. He remained on the ladder, grip tight on the wood. What was she talking about? What was he pretending?

After a few moments, he moved up off the ladder and went to sit in front of her. Rusger came and sat in the crevice created by his crossed legs, still looking at Prim and giving off little whimpers every time she sniffed.

Ryuu looked away from her, unable to stare directly at her sad face, embarrassed more for her than himself. "Prim," he said to the old wood beneath his hands. "Engilram was the one being offensive, not you. I just wish--" He paused, at a loss for how to word what had upset him. "I just wish you'd stand up for yourself when someone treats you like that."

GoblinFae

"How can I? How when others are at risk? I don't want you getting hurt. I would rather look weak then see that happen. I've lived with him most of my life. I know how to live with his temper. I am not afraid of him!" she justified.

"What point is there of standing up to a man who can't even hear the poison he's spewing? I would rather save such efforts on...on matters that actually count." Her voice softened in weary defeat. "Why do you care, Ryuu? I know I'm just a silly little girl. You don't need to try and protect me anymore. You don't...have to force childhood memories to rule your actions now."

'You don't have to be my friend anymore. You don't have to be my champion against the family demon. I will figure it out. I always do.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

"You shouldn't have to live with it," he said, voice growing hard again. Even after he'd explained, she still didn't get it, still acted like a child. "And I care because you're a friend."

Now he looked to her, glaring. She spoke nonsense after that. Something about childhood memories ruling his actions. Childhood memories were not what held a friendship together; friendship was deeper than that. Were it just memories, then it wouldn't last over time.

But he was only sixteen. What did he know about complicated things? He simply knew what he felt, and what he felt was irritation toward her allowing her uncle to treat her like dirt. She was old enough to stand up for herself.

And for some reason seeing Prim cry put him at a blank. It hadn't been like that when they were younger; he'd always known what to say to make her smile again.

"Let's . . . go back to the park," he offered, one hand going to rest on Rusger's head. "Or get out of here, at least. Even just go for a walk."

GoblinFae

"Really? We're still friends? I mean, I know things have gotten distant. I guess I just fear by living apart, we are growing apart." Primrose gave him a weak smile. "You are the only friend I've ever had, Ryuu. I don't want to lose that."

She brushed her hand harshly across her face, banishing the drying tears. Her lips quivered, finally settling on a real smile. "Enough of this silliness. I'm sorry for being such a girl," she spat out the word as if it left a bitter taste on her tongue. "To the park then?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

He blinked. "Of course we're still friends," he said, dumbfounded. "Four years of absence doesn't take away from the ten years of our association with one another. But," he added, a hint of warning growing in his tone, "people do change over time. You can't stop that."

He felt a sense of relief upon seeing her relax and wipe at her face. Somehow something he had said had calmed her, though he'd no idea what it was. Maybe he did still have the ability to soothe her, at a subconscious level.

But he didn't know what to say to the girl comment, since in his mind it was true that she had acted strangely, which girls were known to do, so he didn't answer to it. Instead he gave a small, knowing smile and got to his feet, holding out his hand to help her to hers. "No mud playing this time," he said in mock warning. "These dress clothes are not meant to get dirty, and I'd rather not have to replace two outfits in one day."

GoblinFae

Reaching her hand up, Primrose slipped hers into Ryuu's larger one. "Now who's acting like a girl," she teased. "But, I promise. I think earlier was enough mud to last me quite a while. It took ages to get it all out of my hair."

Her skirts rustled as she made her way over to the ladder. Looking down, she frowned at the idea of having to try and get back down with her layers and layers of skirts. Changing her mind, she hopped over the low railing and allowed herself to fall onto hay bales below. She had not done that since she was a child and thrilled at having done it.

"Ryuu?" she asked, waiting for him to follow with Rusger. "Are you sure you want to go to the park though? Wouldn't you rather go back to the party and dance with the other girls? I know they really like you. We could go back, if you want to." Primrose was proud of herself for being so very calm about it all. 'No more tears, Prim. Ryuu doesn't like it when you cry. Let's not upset him more tonight. He didn't even want to come because of uncle. He only did it because you begged him. Try and let him have a good time. He deserves it after dealing with your family.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

Not one to commit to rowdy behavior like jumping from haylofts when in fine silks, Ryuu chose instead to take the same route he'd taken to get up. Scooping Rusger up off the ground, which was littered with broken strands of hay that stuck to the pug's fur, he made his way to the ladder and started to descend.

He was midway down when Prim's next words cut him short. He stopped, staring at his hands, consternation and exasperation coming over him. After a few seconds, he started downward once more, though when he made it to the ground, dropping the last few steps, he turned to her. "No. I would not like to go back and dance with the girls," he said evenly, and, leaving it at that,  he stepped past her into the dark of the night.

*Ryuu!* Rusger suddenly sounded very guilty, which made him halt for a moment.

*Yes, Rus? What is it?*

Rusger squirmed a little. *I lost my bow when I chased the cat.*

Oh. Ryuu cracked a little smile. *That's all? No need to feel so guilty over that, Rus. It was just a bow.*

*Yes! Just a bow! But you gave it to me.*

*I'll buy you another if you'd like.*

*I like bows!*

And so Ryuu made the mental note to buy his pug another bow once they got home. Whenever that would be.

GoblinFae

His even tone sent a spike of unease through Primrose 'I upset him, again. But, how? Doesn't he like the other girls? They are very pretty, surely their company would be better suited for him than mine Let it go, Prim. He said he wanted to be with you. But-no buts, you know Ryuu doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do. Then, why did he dance with the girls? Did he want to? Primrose Dragoslav, give it a rest! He wants to spend time with you; enjoy it! With Uncle acting the way he is, who knows when you will get a chance like this again.'

Quickly, skipping over to catch up with Ryuu, Primrose tried to let her thoughts go. "It's a clear night," she finally said as she stared up at the stars. "Remember when we used to sneak out in the middle of the night?" Primrose blushed and shook her head, chuckling, "I used to get in such trouble for that. But, it was always worth it. I loved our little adventures. They always made life seem so much more magical, for me at least. I missed you," she let out a soft sigh, "both of you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

His eyes followed Prim's toward the sky. Upon seeing the bright stars, shining down without a care and lighting his and Prim's path with their glow, he felt a sense of relief for the first time since he'd arrived at the house that evening. He hadn't realized how uptight he'd become until he noticed his shoulders visibly relaxing, the grim line of his lips falling into a comfortable frown.

It was hard to remain on the defense when outside. The world was so big, his cares so little in comparison.

*I like stars,* the little pug said in awe as he too gazed up, the stars reflecting in his large brown eyes.

Ryuu did remember sneaking out with Prim, but now those nights seemed long ago, in another life entirely. What she called "adventures" had seemed that way then. Now they reminded him of how reckless he'd been. At the time he'd never thought about how Prim's uncle would have punished her later for having sneaked out--he'd just wanted to make Prim happy and had been unable to do so in the walls of the house.

"I remember," he said. "And I missed you as well. Rusger, too."

GoblinFae

"The hare," she cried pointing up to a certain constellation in the new autumn sky. "Did you know that he dances right over our old night clearing? That is how I always found my way back to you. I knew the rabbit would lead me far from my own fearsome fox."

Primrose scrunched up her nose and giggled. "The only time I never got lost was when I was on my way to you at night. I often wondered how you could stand me when I was constantly getting distracted. I flitted from one thing to the next like a bird. Although, I don't think that has changed much."

She walked with him in silence a bit, just enjoying the cool night air and the peace it brought. "Have your parents started on you about courting yet? That's all Uncle ever talks about nowadays. The way he acts you would think I'm in line for some crown." The young noble rolled her eyes and shook her head playfully. "He was the same about my father. The manner that Uncle talks about father is as if he was some lowly peasant. My father was a knight and a noble. He had thrice the honor in death Engilram has now in life."

Her hand reached out to scratch the pug behind his ears. "I wish you could have met my father. He would have liked you. But, then again I would never have met you if he hadn't died first. So I guess this is the way it was meant to be. Strange how that works, isn't it?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: