Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bending Fate [M] [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 05, 2012, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"We can only hope to be so lucky." Toren chuckled softly, a genuine smile lighting him up before his thoughts began to drift to his master once more.

"I don't mind it if you want the company, but I probably shouldn't stay long," he reminded her gently, glancing towards the door with his lip pulled tightly between his teeth. After shaking himself of his wandering thoughts he stepped back to take his seat, carefully pulling it as close as he dared to her bedside.

"I think if anything I could use a bit of rest," Toren admitted quietly, an embarrassed little half-smile playing at his lips as he watched her through his lashes, head bowed out of habit.

GoblinFae

Ladybird nodded her head slightly in understanding while she waited for him to be seated and comfortable. Only then did she reach out to place a hand atop his and to speak to him in quiet tones. "Rest then. I promise to look out for you just as I know you already do for me. Trust me with this small matter and get the rest you need or as much as you can for now." She squeezed his hand with a sad little smile and then sat up straight again.

"I'm going to get quite spoiled spending so much time in this bed. I fear when this arrangement is all over I'll miss this bed. It's far bigger than my own at home. Then again that might be because of all the little four-legged visitors I have sharing it with me," she giggled.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

It seemed so unusual to place such complete trust in another person, especially one he'd known for such a short amount of time. Petal seemed like such a genuine soul, though. He supposed if any ill came of trusting her it would be his own fault for allowing himself to get comfortable and not hers. Toren imagined any immediate harm coming his way from her would be the result of his master's doing anyhow, probably forcing her to make a decision that had no positive outcome. It was quite easy to choose yourself over another person, especially a slave. He wouldn't ever blame her for that.

"They recognize a kind soul," he admired thoughtfully, hiding a yawn behind a fist as he pulled his legs up to curl up in the chair. He added teasingly, "They just can't stand being away from you."

Looking to the door again he fell silent, just listening. Again it didn't seem dangerous, like his master might allow them privacy. That was a little bit scary to think on, though, for he was certain the vampire had been alerted to their location by then.

"Thank you, truly," he murmured gratefully, adjusting himself this way and that before deciding to simply rest his head upon his shoulder. In his years in that house the slave had mastered the art of napping wherever it was possible even if only briefly. He'd certainly slept in worse places than a cushy chair in one of the guest bedchambers so he really saw no reason to be anything other than genuinely thankful.

"Wake me if you need anything. Or whenever you would like to go back downstairs," he insisted, his eyes drooping sleepily as he stared at the books before adding, "Or if my master will come, so he doesn't think I'm lazy around you." And with that Toren was out just a few moments later, entirely accustomed to being an opportunist when it came to napping during daylight hours.

GoblinFae

"Sleep, Toren," Ladybird whispered fondly. "My turn to look out for you," she added more to herself. She shifted about enough to adjust the book on her lap before finally opening it and smoothing her calloused fingers across the old pages. The book was old enough to even have that slight musty smell that spoke of its long years of existence.

In a heartbeat she was delving into pages upon pages of detailed plant analysis. With her bottom lip caught gently between her teeth she quietly read, completely enthralled. The time passed quickly for the woman lost in her own floral world. Occasionally her breath whooshed out in a repressed giggld, or hissed in quickly in surprise at a new revelation.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Toren slept quite peacefully, murmuring occasionally until he slipped into a deeper rest of silence. His body relaxed, slumping down slightly in the chair and his legs unfolding into a graceless heap against the side of her bed.

Having calmed from his earlier bloodlust Akakios ventured out from his study, almost starting down the stairs to check on Petal's progress and make sure she'd gotten the help she needed from Toren when he stopped abruptly, the faint sounds coming from her guest room catching his ear.

He turned slowly, stepping closer and silently listening through the wall as he neared the door before he stopped before it. Every sound seemed distinctly "Petal" so he suspected she was alone when he knocked very gently at her door. "Miss Hornwort, are you awake?" he called gently, keeping his voice low in case she was merely the sort to mutter in her sleep.

GoblinFae

The knock on the door followed by Akakios's call for her, caused Ladybird to flinch before closing her book quickly. While one hand reached out to gently shake Toren awake she called out to the door. "One moment please, Lord Reolaras. Toren, would you mind being a dear and getting the door for me? I still don't think I'm feeling well enough to get up. I hate to admit it but you were right," she said fondly and loud enough for Akakios to hear. She was determined to keep her promise to Toren and hide the fact that he had been sleeping when the nobleman likely would have had him doing other things.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios bristled at the name of his slave. So he was there with her. Alone. With the door shut. His thoughts immediately flew to the assumption that they might be trying to sneak some sort of relationship around him again and that assumption bothered him. More unsettling, it was certainly more than the fact that his slave might have some relationship with her. He was jealous of her giving that hypothetical attention to Toren instead of himself but couldn't even see that for what it was.

Toren startled awake at the sound of them speaking, his eyes immediately flying to the closed door. Tension flooded from his body knowing he was safe and unseen for now. "O-of course, Petal," he fumbled, hurrying to stand and cross the room to welcome his master in.

The cold glare he faced when Akakios was revealed made him visibly flinch. He kept his mouth shut, bowing his head politely to acknowledge his master and stepping away from the doorway to allow him in.

Akakios swept inside in a hurry, surveying the room briefly before he settled his eyes upon Petal. "Are you injured?" he guessed, looking between her and his slave expectantly. "If you need assistance or care and I can certainly assign you someone more...appropriate to your needs."

GoblinFae

"Forgive me, Akakios," she spoke softly with a slight nod of her head. "I am weary. As you may recall I have attempted to try something to lessen the pain from...assisting you with your meals. I asked Toren to help observe me in case of a problem as I am aware he is also one of your assistants in this matter. I felt that he would recognize anything new or different should a problem arise and be able to seek help accordingly. If you feel someone else is better suited to this task then I apologize again for stealing away one of your servants. He has been most attentive and even assisted me as I began to feel faint from the sun earlier."

Ladybird pressed a hand to her brow, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment in genuine discomfort. "Will you not sit, Akakios or am I keeping you from business? I would not oppose the company despite my less than ideal state." She motioned to the empty seat beside her as she squirmed slightly to try and sit up straighter in the bed and not drop her book at the same time.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios pondered her words silently, taking a seat in the chair when she prompted but immediately frowning. It was rather warm and that meant Toren had been with her for quite some time before he'd happened upon them.

He eyed the slave sternly, watching as he shuffled closer to stand beside the bed. It was clear to him that there was something beyond him being asked to assist Petal. He cared for her. While his mind was drawing his own conclusions he had yet to see any true evidence of the extent of that.

"I see." The vampire sighed softly, trying to smile for her but there was an edge to it. As usual, it didn't reach his eyes. "If that is truly your use for him I see no reason to keep you from your...experimentation. Has it...helped at all?" he wondered aloud, glancing towards the slave briefly as he inched his way to the foot of the bed from the door. It was clear Toren wasn't looking to sit down, but he also seemed uncomfortable standing in their presence at the same time.

GoblinFae

Ladybird missed his cold smile as she focused on trying to mask her own discomfort and exhaustion. She did not realize as she became lost in reading just how miserable she was feeling after the feeding and keeping watch for Toren. Sighing softly, she shook her head in disappointment. "Sadly not yet. It probably would have been too easy if the first attempt worked just like that. But, I'm sure that your own reaction to it earlier makes it even better that it didn't work."

She lightly touched her neck, recalling the way the vampire had quite violently manhandled and accused her of attempting to poison him. "If it had I fear you would not be very accepting of my use of it," Ladybird continued delicately, not wishing to insult the nobleman despite what had happened between them.

Noticing Toren hovering near the edge of the bed and feeling guilty for setting him on edge, she glanced to Akakios before addressing the slave. "Toren, would you mind getting more water for me please? My throat feels very dry all of a sudden," she admitted with a weak smile. Again Ladybird glanced to Akakios, as if afraid that he would be angry with her for ordering Toren about or for making even such a simple request.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios frowned as she further explained herself, not understanding why she thought it would have been better for her to not see any relief from the bites. He understood that they seemed painful to humans, but what was he to do about it? He had to eat and he normally only fed from willing participants. They knew what they were getting themselves into, at least he saw it that way, and Petal was no exception. He glanced between them at her question, nodding briefly to Toren to acknowledge that he was free to fulfill her request.

Toren glanced to his master nervously, but smiled for Petal and nodded eagerly with a muttered, "Of course," before slipping out to fetch a fresh pitcher for her.

Only once the slave was gone and quite a distance down the hall did Akakios speak again. "I would be accepting of your use of anything so long as you inform me about it and it doesn't harm me. I do not wish to make this a painful experience for you if there is anything you can do to help with your...recovery," he explained, uncertain how to assure her that he was merely looking out for his health and did not wish to discourage her. He preferred a calm home life and he did not want her occasional presence to upset the balance of that if she was to be very ill while she was there and working or if she made him ill with her experiments. It would concern his servants too much and disrupt the flow of the household if they grew too distracted by any declining health.

"I apologize for being a bit...overzealous. I was not in my right mind before... In my study," he offered, hoping she might be accepting of his apology.

GoblinFae

"I intend to continue with my attempts to find something that will help me without harming you. I by no means wish to cause you harm, Akakios. That being said, is there a list of things that are harmful to you that I should avoid? Would you prefer I tell you of every detail of every item that I use or is telling you now of my intentions enough of a fair warning for you? I wish to be completely transparent with you on this. I seek only to help lessen the pain in order to continue with our contract. If I am successful then I do not mind passing on the recipe to you so your future donors would not have to suffer needlessly either."

Taking a breath to calm and steady herself after all her talking, Ladybird was forced to pause for a few moments before continuing. "Thank you for your apology," she began more quietly. "I too apologize for causing you such upset even unintentionally. I hope though that your earlier upset will not be something I have to deal with in the future, now?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The vampire just stared at her as she spoke, quickly realizing how much he hadn't accounted for in his request. He'd never given much thought to what was harmful to him and the more he thought on it the more his earlier outburst at her seemed ridiculous. He couldn't think of a single thing a human had ever ingested that had ended up harming him.

"I should hope not," he muttered quietly, wincing at her gentle reminder of his behavior. It was certainly not something he should have done as her host, regardless of their agreement. Really, especially because of their agreement.

"Truthfully...I can't think of a single thing, Petal," he admitted with a thoughtful frown. "I'm...still going to want to know. Perhaps just keep a journal of your attempts? Nothing too formal. And if you find a solution I would appreciate hearing it from you personally so I can remember it as well."

Toren returned then, stepping into the room quietly and bringing the pitcher he'd brought to her bedside with his head bowed. Silently he refilled her glass and held it out to offer to her so she might not have to pick it up from a greater distance by herself.

GoblinFae

She blinked tiredly at his response, just barely resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "That had been my intention all along," Ladybird informed him with a weary sigh. "I will gladly share with you whatever I end up finding good or bad. I suspect it may take some time before I am able to come up with a viable solution. If you have any suggestions also I would be more than happy to try those as well. Obviously whatever solution I come up with provided I do of course would be left with you for my replacement and whatnot."

The young woman took a deep breath as she smiled to Akakios weakly. The pain she was in at that moment was the worst it had ever been and all her talking instead of resting was not making it any easier on her. It was a welcome relief when Toren returned then her asked for water. She murmured a gentle thank you while reaching to accept it from him with slightly shaky hands. Greedily, she drank what she could before gasping for air once the whole cup had been drained. Sheepishly, she glanced from Akakios to Toren and back again.

"May I have some more, please? I'm just so thirsty. And thank you. Both of you. I'm sorry that I am rather useless in my current state. I wish I was able to do more."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios trained his expression into a gentle, carefree smile at her offer of leaving behind what solution she might come up with for her remedy. She was kind and thoughtful, but he had no intention of letting her go as easily as she seemed to believe he would once their agreement was satisfied.

He watched as she gulped down the water Toren had brought for her, eyes growing a little wide as he realized she was downing the whole thing in one go. Should he have realized she was so desperately thirsty? She'd only mentioned her throat feeling dry before. A small sliver of guilt settled into him at the realization that it was probably his fault she was feeling so poorly and looking so pitiful.

The vampire tilted his head to observe Toren's eager nod of agreement at her request, studying the worried expression on his face as he only glanced at his master before taking her cup and emptying the rest of the small pitcher into it for her. "I'll get another for you," Toren murmured as he stood, hurrying off with the empty pitcher to fetch more before Akakios had a chance to get a word in.

Instead, he only smiled and sighed with a shake of his head. "Please don't apologize. Just rest, you'll feel better soon enough." Another apology caught on the tip of his tongue, but he swallowed it back. What more could he say to her when he fully intended on feeding again in the future? It would end up causing her pain, but he wanted it anyway. Needed it. "Is there anything I can do for you? Or shall I leave you to your books and rest?"