Alycia, Mermaid Wanderer

Started by zozee9, June 15, 2012, 04:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Basic Information:

Name: Alycia (Last name unknown)

Species: Mermaid

Height: 5 foot 6

Three Things Your Character Might Notice: 1) Alycia has very bright red hair. 2) She wears a dark green cape with gold lining; usually keeping the hood up. 3) She is charismatic but also shy at first.

Not-So-Basic Information:

Human Looks:
Alycia has gorgeous bright red hair that falls in perfect waves to a little past her chest. She is pale, despite lots of time in the sun. She has big, blue eyes and thick dark lashes. Her face is quite feminine and is, all in all, very pretty. Her body follows the typical mermaid hourglass figure, which she doesn't usually show off. While she does wear a white corset and a moss green shirt, she covers both of those with a cloak. This cloak is forest green with gold trim. Her pants are just loose and brown, chosen mostly for comfortability. She has a petite figure, ignoring her curves.

Mermaid Looks:
As a mermaid, Alycia is simply stunning. Her normally bright red hair turns burgundy when wet and clings to her body, which is no longer hidden by a cloak. Instead, she swims in just her corset. Her tail is a sea green similar to the color of the shirt she wears out of water. There are scattered blue scales that shimmer and reflect the sunlight, often drawing extra attention to her tail. Also, her tail makes Alycia taller (longer?), causing her to fall at around six feet as a mermaid.

There's a picture of her here, thanks to visualspice  ;D

And another that I drew with colored pencil... it's a bit big...

I had this person draw this for me when I won a giveaway ^^

(There are also more here: DeviantArt!)

Personality:
If you do not know her, or if you are a noble, Alycia is most likely going to talk to you in a very polite manner. Not really due to respect (although she doesn't disrespect them), but more due to her experiences as a slave. She is used to hiding one's true self and just saying what the person wants to hear. However, in the few seconds it can take Alycia to get comfortable around you, her personality changes. She becomes very talkative, but still has some politeness. She always means well and does her best to stay away from forbidden topics.

Alycia never allows herself to believe someone is lying, but she is very inquisitive. She tries to keep her own morals high by things like always telling the truth and not stereotyping. Although she often gets stared at due to her bright red hair and fair skin, not completely native to any land ethnicities, she doesn't like being in the center of attention and will often try to hide herself by pulling the hood of her cape over her face. When surprised, she makes a high pitched squeal that resembles that of a dolphin's.

Magic/Abilities:
Alycia can turn into a human. In case you've missed it so far, she's a mermaid. Her tail only appears when her legs are soaked. She's an extremely fast swimmer, like all mermaids. Also, she can talk to sea creatures. Alycia has the ability to copy the voice of anyone she's heard and the look of anyone she's seen. Her memory of sounds is better than her memory of sight, which is useful since she can't record what people sound like. That being said, she can hardly ever remember what people look like. To solve this problem, she draws people she thinks about transforming into. There are three people she draws constantly to keep their images engrained in her head. Otherwise, she'll just transform into somebody that she's seen recently.

History:
Alyicia, at the age of five, got captured on when she was playing on the beach. Luckily, the capturers didn't know she was a mermaid (that would have put her through much more trouble and pain). Even still, she was sold as a child slave. It is clear that she doesn't remember much about her capture and she often avoids talking about her slave life. She worked until she fifteen and somehow got freed... but how she gained freedom is still a secret. She has been searching for her family for a little over year.

Talking
Friends
Adventures
Drawing

Dislikes:
Liars
Meat (especially seafood)
Being stared at
Being made fun of
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.