Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kayala, Traveller

Started by zozee9, June 19, 2012, 01:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Basic Information:

Name: Kayala

Species: Yoreiqi

Height: 5 foot 4 (Extremely short for a Yoreiqi)

Occupation: Traveller trying to spread joy by helping those in need

Three Things Your Character Might Notice: 1) Her skin is almost pure white—unheard of for a Yoreiqi. 2) Although she has traditional Yoreiqi jet black her, the plentiful streaks in it are blood red. 3) The marking on her skin are also blood red, standing out quite a lot since her skin is basically white.

Not-So-Basic Information:

Physical Description:
Kayala doesn't look like a typical Yoreiqi. Her jet black hair (with a few natural red streaks in it) is clean cut in a angled bob. Her skin is almost completely white, contrary to the typical dark-skinned Yoreiqi. The intricate blood red marking over her body consist mainly of swirls but have a few sudden turns added in. Her eyes are large and dark brown, one of the few signs that she truly is Yoreiqi. However, at only five foot four, many people get confused when they see her.

Okay so I didn't really know how to do the tattoos, so feel free to imagine them differently. If I do another picture, maybe I'll work on them a little more... But here's a picture of Kayala that I drew!  ;D

Kayala typically wears all black, seeing as it's the easiest to hide in. However, when she'd in public, sometimes she'll add some red to match her markings. She learned early on after leaving Yoreiq that shirts were common wear, and decided not to go against that. That being said, most of her shirts are considered quite scandalous as they rarely cover her stomach. She got used to wearing shirts so although she's in the forest right now, she still wears them. Shoes, on the other hand, always seemed pointless to Kayala with her rough feet.

Personality:
When Kayala turned eight, she decided that she needed to give back to the world and nature that let her live. Since then, she started learning blood magic and hunting, preparing to set off once she was fifteen. Originally, she had the goal to only help and never hurt. A few years amongst others, however, changed that mindset. She still has never killed, and tries to avoid hurting anyone. More often than not, she'll use her strength and power to scare people off. Or, if they seem evil enough, curse them. But violence itself is something Kayala still tries to avoid at all costs.

She is a strong hearted girl and will not hesitate to say what she wants—even if it seems out of place. Kayala is quick to share, seeing as she grew up in a community without the concept of 'owning' things. However, over time, she has learned to not trust people as quickly as she used to. She will still act friendly, but not give away anything that could be deemed harmful right away.

Magic/Abilities:
Kayala uses blood magic. She knows a few forbidden spells of attack, but almost only uses the healing ones. Due to her unique blood (read history), Kayala's healing abilities match those of the greatest. However, her unique blood also causes any area she heals to turn lighter. The more blood she has to donate, the whiter the area, and the longer the whiteness/lightness lasts. The time can range from a few hours to, in extreme cases, a few months. Depending on how you look at it, she can and cannot heal herself. As long as she's bleeding, her blood will quickly close the cut. But if she got sick, or something happened so that no blood came out, she wouldn't be able to do anything about it herself. (She can often heal other peoples' sicknesses, but the technique is a bit harder.) The older she has gotten, the stronger her magic has become. The forbidden spells she can use drain a lot of energy from her. I'm not going to write them here, since I would explain them in any post I use them in, anyway.

As a Yoreiqi, Kayala also has a bond with nature and was one of the women who took up hunting. After years of practice, Kayala is extremely skilled at archery and can make her own bow and arrows almost anytime, but doesn't need to anymore. At the age of fifteen, Uriel (look at Sir Zane's profile if you wanna know who he is) gave Kayala an enchanted bow. Once the string is pulled, an arrow appears. It's stronger and shoots straighter than any normal bows. She is much more likely to hurt somebody with an arrow than with her blood magic (which she deems sacred), but still tries to avoid it.

History:
When Kayala was born, she had a horrible illness. Barely able to breath, she would've died in an hour if no one did anything. However, her village found a dangerous plant that is said to cure any disease to anyone who doesn't first die of its poison. It was a gamble—would the baby be able to fight off a poison said to kill some of the strongest warriors?—but they took it. No one knows how she managed to live, but they do know what happened afterwords. Her dark skin got lighter and lighter, until it was almost white. She grew no wings, which wasn't too uncommon for a Yoreiqi, but most people in her village had them. When she demanded to learn blood magic, they quickly found out that her blood had also turned white. She never grew after she turned thirteen, leaving her at five foot four. Although more side-effects may be discovered, it's thanks to the plant that she is still alive and that her blood possesses highly magical healing powers.

She's currently in the forest, and has been for a few months, but the lame and unimaginative me hasn't thought of a good reason why yet.  ::) I guess I'll see what comes to me as I write. After all, I just skipped four years of her life—a lot can happen in that time.

Healing
Miracles

Dislikes:
Shoes
Bullying
Being ignored
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.