Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

[OPEN] A Pirate's Life For Ye?

Started by stelmarisa, June 23, 2012, 07:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stelmarisa

The day had dawned grey and chilly, the air filled with a light drizzle. By mid-morning however, the sky had begun to clear and the autumn sun peeked through the clouds, filling the streets of Cerenis with a pale light. The rain had eased off, leaving in its place a fine mist that curled around the feet of the town's citizens. The shopkeepers had already been up for hours, but they were only just beginning to be joined by shoppers, merchants, and those wanderers with nothing better to do. The town square had begun, slowly but surely, to bustle.

At the back of this square a small trestle-table had been set up and covered over with black fabric. The front of this fabric had an insigna emblazoned upon it - unmistakably a pirate's flag. Sublte enough to avoid attracting the attention of guards - or perhaps just unimportant enough that they ignore it - the table was a recruitment point, a sign up sheet for those looking for an escape from their mundane lives.

Behind this table was huddled a man, nestled inside a greatcoat. He seemed to be ignoring the world at large, poring instead over a set of parchments. Eventually he looked up, rubbing his hands together for warmth, and looked around the square.

"Chris?" he called out, as if searching for a companion. When no one else appeared, he settled back into his seat, grumbling good-naturedly.

"Typical. Talked into this, and left on my own. Where's that no good mate gone?"

For now, it looked as if he was on his own to handle the prospective pirates - if any ever came...

tekraa

It was damp. And Cold. And it smelled bad.  The giant red haired man lay in an alley near a heap of trash, the stench of rotted food was heavy in the air and for the moment hid the smell of ale and rum that lingered on the man.  His stirring awake alarmed the critters in the alley and set them scurrying away.  Mumbling and groaning the man found his way to his feet, coughed, then spit across at the opposite wall.

Taking two steps his right hand moved to his head, large rough fingers feeling at the lump on his forehead, it was about the size of an egg.  "Must've hit my head..er got ina fight." two steps, three, then four, he wasn't quite stumbling but he clearly wasn't sober yet.  Out of the alley and onto the road, the sunlight pierced the haze of confusion and he groaned again, pain splitting his skull.  He checked his pockets.  Empty.  No coin purse.  Gambled it all away, again.

His steps were slow as he swayed down the road toward the main square, it was crowded already, mid-morning he gathered by the amount of people about.  Merchants carts could be spotted, stalls set up with their goods shouting to prospective customers to view their wares.

Andus stumbled into the square ignoring them all, not a copper to his name...again... and perhaps later, after a few mugs of ale, would reconsider his lifestyle...probably not.  One stand caught his eye, attended by a lone man, and he angled toward it.  No wares were visible but some papers were scattered about it.  Impulses were a harsh thing to contain at times, but it wasn't impulse that drove him toward the stand.  He knew what this was, he had seen plenty of them before.  They were hiring for work, and he desperately needed coin. "Ello'" he shouted as he approached the table. He stopped and leaned using one large hand to support him, palm open spread flat atop the table over some parchment.  From this distance the alcohol on his breath would likely overwhelm the stench of rotting teeth.

"What're ye sellin 'ere lad?"  Had he been able to read, or looked at the insignia adorning the table, he could have probably figured out what it was.  Hung over, the witless man blinked, dreary eyed, Andus Cots had paid it no attention.

Casey

Olivia Grey had traveled her fair number of days – or weeks, really – in order to arrive at the town of Cerenis. The sea had seemed like a far off twinkle that she'd never reached, and now that it was so close, her heart fluttered in her chest. When was the last time she'd even been to a beach? It must've been well over a decade ago. Adrenaline pounded through her limbs with giddy excitement to embark on a new adventure. Or was that anxiety over leaving her world behind now that it was so close? No, she couldn't back down now.

With a set determination, and a naturally curious eye, she dived into the crowds and bustle of the awakening town. Once she'd gotten closer to the town, she'd strategically tucked up her rich, reddish-auburn wavy hair up into a plain brown twead cap, donned a pair of baggy clothes, while silently thanking Kia for her natural lack of curves, and practiced talking with a low voice. After a couple of sad, obviously fake attempts, she decided a slightly feminine voice on a man was not unheard of, and decided to go with something more realistic. Besides, she couldn't hide her fair complexion, freckles, or small nose.

All the folk in town piqued her interest, and soon enough her anxiety melted away to be replaced with a dorky, toothy grin. She wanted to see everything, touch all the pieces of work the vendors on the street had put out. Then a table caught her eye: plain, black, with a peculiar symbol on the front, and a dirty hobo standing in front of it? This must be the rumor she'd heard of. She'd heard of pirate ships you could join, and adventure to get away from the mundane of everyday life, like the overrated drama of family.

She slowly walked her way over, floating around aimlessly so it didn't look like she was making a bee-line for it. Olivia stood a couple feet behind the man who stood at the table. He reeked disgustingly of stale booze that made her wrinkle her nose. "Uhm, excuse me..." she said in her best realistic manly voice. "What is your business, sir?" she asked of the man at the table, unaware of the similar question asked by the drunkard in front of her.

Winters-Feather

Chris trusted that his companion had remembered his earlier words.
"Watch the stall for me," he gruffly ordered when he spotted a cafe, "I'm going to fetch breakfast."
Of course, Elias has been engrossed in  his texts of this and that, and the second mate doubted the man had bothered much to pay attention.  Still, it was quite early in the morning (too early for Chris' tastes) and Chris was famished, while also needing something to perk him up. The pirate could be charismatic when he wanted to be, but sunrise was not typically one of those times.

He had drowned his coffee in the shop before bringing with him some bread and meat. It was plain food, but at least it was hot and freshly made. Chris furrowed his brow as he entered the square. His attention turned to a young, barefooted girl with a basket in her arms and a hungry look in her eyes. The basket was full of  arranged wildflowers. The man grinned at the sight of them; he had sweetly promised Morgan a "souvenir of the land she was missing" and surely flowers were  a good souvenir. Women liked that sort of silly thing, right? He gave the girl a coin and picked out one with fiery orange petals that curled out in a wispy, star shaped way, tied with grass to a couple of bluebells. As the girl eyed his food, he carefully stuffed the colorful thing in his otherwise gray coat and continued on his way.

The market was not yet crowded, as people were beginning to set up shop. From this distance, it appeared as if Elias was in a somewhat panicked state. Plus, they had two inquires. Chris grunted as he began to pick up pace, his boots clicking smartly and rhythmically as they hit the smooth, gray road of the square. It was going to be a busy morning.

The pirate gave a curt nod as he joined the company. He was about to say his hellos when the sharp smell of booze and grime hit his nose. Chris gave Andus a stern and steady glare, though the man might as well be twice his size. He was dirty and most likely a drunkard and had a hard look to him. A hard look was good, though Chris abhorred this much filth.
"I brought you to help me mind the table, yet what is all this?" he scowled as he dropped Elias food and napkin on a spare part of the table while he walked behind the stall.
"Good morning, gentlemen," he said as his good eye examined the youth behind him.
Lithe of figure, that was good, plus seemed polite, though there was something almost... dainty about him.

"My company would like to enlist those brave souls daring enough to travel the world, and make a living working as part of our crew. My names Walker," he continued as he extending a hand out to whoever would take it first. The pirate offered a wry smile as he further examined the company before him.
"Of course, along with crew, a few persons with practical skills would be nice. Tell me, what are your talents? Do you know how to read, for example? Magic?"
Naturally, he could have used his good eye to observe that, but that would just use up energy and shortened his patience.

tekraa

Andus did not hesitate, his attention turning quickly to the new comer.  His large rough hand closed tightly about the new man's hand, and squeezed.  "Aye, I ken cook 'nd I've a strong back.  Were we trav'llin and what'sit pay? Ne'er ben far from Cernis"  Andus seemed unaware of how bad his breath was at this moment, and perhaps unaware of how filthy he was.. but when one needed a way out..well, travel sounded nice didn't it? What debt collectors would be able to find him then...shouldn't seem to enthusiastic though, might give the man the wrong impression.  All he had ever been concerned with was where his next meal would come from, and who he needed to know to get the coin to get it.  Maybe it was time for change, maybe it was time to do something with himself..atleast for a little while, until things cooled down.

"Yer Sailers 'en?"

stelmarisa

Elias' face had formed into one of dismay as the stranger staggered up to his table. It took only a moment for his nose to wrinkle as the man's odour reached him, and he leant back surreptitiously, trying to rescue his papers from under the large hands.

"I... um..." he stammered as the man leaned in, his head turning for any sight of his companion.

Chris? Chriiiis! he cried out silently, knowing that the second mate would be much more efficient at dealing with their new guest than he. It was with relief that he saw the other newcomer, a slight-looking man, arrive, and he shot him a smile of welcome. Hopefully, Chris would get rid of the drunkard, and he could enlist this much-cleaner individual.

That was when Chris arrived with his breakfast, berating him as he did. "Well, no one was here," he grumbled. "If you people want the ship to get beyond Cerenis, you need me to plan the routes."
He took a bite of his food as Chris gave the introductory speech, grateful to see that he was immediately accosted by the larger of the two strangers. Wiping his hands on his trousers, he turned to the other, holding out his hand.

"And you? What skills do you have? Our business is not of a... usual nature," he hinted, sure that the man would understand his meaning. Now that they were closer together, his artist's eye scrutinised the youth's face, noticing its delicate lines.
"Have you ever sailed before?"

Casey

A sigh of relief escaped Olivia's lips as the new-comer took care of the drunkard... cook, apparently. Her attention turned back towards the more soft spoken man at the table she'd originally inquired to. She stuck out her hand enthusiastically to shake Elias's hands. They weren't nearly as dainty as her face. Her hands were rough and calloused from years of hard work and building. And while her frame was lean and her muscles small, they were dense and strong.

"Skills? Ah, yes--" she said as she slung her sack off her back. She pulled out a fully loaded belt, fit perfectly for a builder. She had hammers, sanders, nails, ect. "I build," she beamed proudly while holding up her belt. "I build everything. Wood, metal, carving, simple, complex. I'm carpenter, and I can fix anything. I've been doing this professionally for about... oh, eight years now."

Olivia stood up straight, at about 5'9", and studied Elias's face. "I've never sailed before, but... what do you think?" she asked hopefully.

Winters-Feather

Chris chuckled at Elias' words.
He was a bit grateful the subject of the bouquet hadn't come up, although it was most likely that it had gone unnoticed.  
A trifle detail, anyway, he thought, a little embarrassed.
Chris was a little taken aback by Andus' grip, though he in turn squeezed Andus' hand while standing as erect as he could. The pirate was rather surprised that this giant man was a cook, though he did not show it. He didn't bother asking if Andus was any good at cooking- he figured it would be rude. Besides, if they hated his grub, there were ways of remedying that.

"You're in luck," he replied as he used his other hand to pat Andus on the shoulder.
"We're in need of an able body that can cook. Our last one died some time ago out at sea from illness."
Actually, it was an infection from a severed limb that had done it from a fight out at sea when they were coming in port, though Chris thought it best to leave out that minor detail.

"As for the pay, it depends on how much money we wheel in with each job. Every man gets paid their share once we hit shore. I'd say a cook would earn a bit more than an average sailor, though. You'd want to ask the Quartermaster about that, but she's occupied at the moment."
Chris drew his hands behind his back and turned to Elias as he spoke.
Chris nodded thoughtfully at his way of delicately putting their situation. Yes, their business certainly wasn't usual, nor was it very much legal. The man supposed they would tell their recruits once they're on board, if they were stupid enough to not figure it out already.

His eyes wandered towards the sack and belt that Olivia carried. They were carpenters tools, and well used and loved, by the looks of it. Chris grunted in approval before turning his attention back towards Andus and gestured towards a quill and parchment for which those recruited could sign up on.
"What say you?" he asked.

Zane

Hans's quest for knowledge had landed him near a table covered in black cloth with an emblem on the front that was obviously a flag to a pirate ship. Hans has never been aboard a ship, but he knew it would be a learning experience. his misgivings came to when he pondered as to what he could offer the vessel. He wasn't very strong, nor coordinated. His particular skill set came down to ability to absorb information and apply gained information. As he sat across the way from the recruitment table, he began to make a list of the roles on the vessel. After a few minutes he came to the conclusion that there was one role that he could fill perfectly. The surgeon. Or doctor at least.

Hans cautiously walked up to the table and asked the only question on his mind. "Does the vessel have a doctor?"

stelmarisa

Elias nodded in approval as the young man shook his hand and pulled out the utility belt. This was excellent, someone with real skills, that they could use straight away.

"That's good," he smiled, stepping back to appraise the hopeful sailor. He was on the smaller side, certainly - at least as far as build, although he was nearly as tall as Elias. But he looked strong enough, and certainly seemed confident in his trade.

"Well, if you do honest work and are up for the challenge, then you'll fit right in. You can sign up on that sheet, once this guy's done." Elias gestured to the same sheet that Chris had, stepping aside for their two new recruits to reach the table. "Oh, and what's your name? I'm Stubb - Eli Stubb."

As he stepped backwards, he narrowly avoided bumping into the newcomer, and turned to apologise. "Sorry mate, I didn't see you there. A doctor... nah, we don't have one. It's not very dignified work, doctoring on a ship - not much occasion to show off your talents, I'm afraid."

He paused and looked the man up and down. "But if you can do the occasional lopping-off of arms n' legs, you're welcome to sign up."

Zane

"I can manage that, consider me in." There may have been little chance to show off talents when doctoring on a ship. But Hans's special talents came to healing magic which could be used to preserve the limbs, if the patient were lucky. Ever still, Hans was more in this as a quest for knowledge. He didn't care about the money, although that was nice, he wanted knowledge.

Casey

Olivia couldn't help but mirror Elias's smile. She was barely able to suppress a giddy squeal as excitement bubbled up in her gut. "I'm Oliver Grey, sir," Olivia replied politely, thankful she was able to remember to say a boy's name. "It's a pleasure," she added in quickly. She eyes turned towards the  doctor behind Eli, gave a small polite nod, and then waited patiently behind Andus to fill out her paperwork. What kind of a ship hired this kind of cook? They didn't even ask him to bring any samples. Well, they didn't ask for any of my work either, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Her emerald green gaze turned down at Chris. She felt strange being able to look down on a man, especially one who intimidated her like he did. His ears were pierced, and something looked wrong with his nose... like it was knocked out of place. This was a very interesting crew, indeed... at least Elias looked alright, as did the new small doctor. There's more to people than just looks, she reminded herself ironically.

Winters-Feather

Chris' attention broke from their newly found cook to a man who was inquiring about a doctor. He looked to be on the scrawny side; no real muscle about him, though young enough that some work on a ship would easily remedy it. Still, if there was anybody The Chalice was looking for, it was him; a doctor with ample skills and a man of a neat and orderly look about him.
"Pleasure," he said as he extended a hand to shake in a friendly manner.
"Nonsense, Elias," he  scowled at his friend, "Diseases spread like wildfire on ships, not to mention the setting of bones of those clumsy on the rigs, and many of the recruits will be breaking in their sea legs. He'll have his hands full before the week is up."

Chris' attention turned from Hans to Olivia, whom he noticed was staring at him. The man boldly returned her stare. He knew that there were some traits about him that drew a few eyes towards him- his broken nose, his ears, his glass eye. It never really seemed to daunt him, however. Let him stare. Despite his streak of vanity, the pirate never considered himself much more than plain, though at least he looked interesting.

"Mr. Grey, is it?" he asked calmly, "Welcome aboard."
The pirate looked at her cap momentary before turning  his attention to now what appeared to be a small, but growing, party.
"My name's Chris Walker, and our captain's name is Zephyr Favager. You'd do well, gentlemen, to address him as "Captain" at all times. You're expected to be aboard The Chalice before high tide tomorrow,  or you'll be left at shore. Do I make myself clear?"
Though he remained rather stony faced, a faint look of smugness passed through his good eye as his lips raised into a grin ever so slightly.

tekraa

Andus had appeared stuck in though for a minute, listening to the exchanges of the others around him then started nodding, and nodding and nodded then stopped.  The sea would be a good change for him, since he was broke he couldn't acquire any debts, also meant he couldn't afford to drink, which all told would probably be best for him.  It seemed now the answers to his problems had been in Cerenis all the time he had been, and none of it had to do with drink or gambling or whores or women, or jobs for shady characters.  With sudden excitement he smiled a toothy, gap filled smile.  "Aye, sign me up 'en, names er,  Andus."

Casey

Olivia listened intently to the short speech by Chris Walker, nodding when appropriate. When he was finished, she quickly finished up her paperwork in silence. As fascinated as she was with all the newcomers, she thought that retaining a low-profile would serve her better for the moment. Resisting the urge to communicate with the others, Olivia hurriedly put a pen to paper and signed her skills up for months of sailing and hard work. With a smile and a nod, she handed the paper over to Elias.

Ready and eager to make herself useful as a brand new sailor, Olivia walked down the docks in order to board The Reaper's Chalice.

NightWind

((Am I in the right thread? I kind of saw two open and I'm not really sure which to start in...))

Vladimir slunk through the town, keeping his hood up to hide his ears and yellow eyes. His tail was wrapped around his leg to keep it from sight, as his lupine qualities often attracted the wrong kind of attention. He sneered to himself as he remembered the cry of 'half-breed' following him from place to place, then shook his head. He was hungry, and the inn was not as gracious as some he had encountered. "No free meal for bringing in paying customers, where's the bloody sense in that?" He spat, eying the town around him for a bite of food to steal. Making his way towards an unsuspecting fruit stand, he pretended to inspect this one and that, occasionally sweeping one up in the folds of his cloak. He grunted as the standkeeper demanded whether or not he was going to buy anything or just touch every piece of fruit on the table.
  "I wouldn't eat this rot anyway." He said shortly, tossing an apple haphazardly back onto the table as he turned to leave. Not far down the road, he noticed a guard following him; 'He must be on to me', Vladimir thought. He ducked across roads trying to shake the man, eventually sprinting down an alleyway- only to feel a hand catch his left forearm, exposing his wrist. 'Ballocks'.
  "Oy, you there, what do you think you're..." The burly watchman cut off as he saw the brand, eyes widening as Vladimir turned to face him, golden eyes glinting. "I know you- you're a pirate! You're Madman Vl- hurk!" His words were cut off as Vladimir plunged a small throwing knife into his underarm- small, but enough to puncture a lung. He quickly bashed the dying man in the face, knocking him unconscious as he sighed to himself. "Time for another town." He said wryly.
  He made his way carefully through the square, to where he thought he had seen- yes, that was it. A table, with what looked to be a pirate's emblem marking it as a recruitment table. He approached and scanned the papers to affirm his decision. "Where do you sail, and how soon?" Vladimir asked in his soft, yet somehow rough voice as he planted his fists on the table, leaning over it so his eyes were hidden. "I am quite skilled on a ship, and feel the need to... broaden my horizons, shall we say." He stated with a hint of a smile. "I am quite capable to preform any task, be it in the rigging or on the decks doing custodial work."

Thief

Damon had been watching the recruitment table since they began setting up. He was interested in work, but something about this seemed off. He watched as the shorter of the two men left, as a line began to form, and as the shorter man returned with food. The emblem on the table suggested they were pirates, but seemed a bit too friendly for that. Regardless, they were recruiting sailors, and Damon could use the money.

As Damon started across to the table, he noticed a man in a hood approach. The man seemed eager to start work, even volunteering to work the rigging. That was not a much sought after role on most ships. It was perilous work, with the constant threat of falling to the decks below. That perfect job for Damon, should they need more help.

No longer hesitant, Damon approached the table. "I'd like to volunteer as well. I could use the work, and a change of scenery. I might not look like much, but I like to think of myself as pretty nimble. I'd be right at home working the rigging." He felt a bit anxious after speaking up, a hint of regret mixed with a feeling of impending rejection. Hopefully they would have room for him on board.

Winters-Feather

OOC: I think the first one is more for people who have already been enlisted/would be stowaways/people jumping from this thread to the other- which is the ship. :P
IC:

Chris nodded at their new cook's request and very neatly wrote his name out in ink. He didn't know if, by this request, that the man could read or write, though the pirate didn't hold it against their new cook if he couldn't.
"Right, then," he replied with a grin after briefly checking his handiwork to make sure he had spelled the name correctly.
"Thank you very much," he continued, though he didn't want to extend his hand, again; he had enough hand crushing for that morning. Chris' eyes turned towards Oliver, who was walking towards the dock.
"Remember, I want you there by tomorrow early... and sober," he warned, adding the last remark as a bit of an afterthought.

Chris arched a brow in suspicion as a new figure approached them. He was a shady creature, to be sure; his hood concealed his features until  closer inspection. Perhaps to keep attention away from himself, but that seemed ironic to the pirate- it only drew his attention, especially since that man was approaching their table.
Chris said nothing as the man approached, but nodded at his question; he cut straight to the point, this one, acting as if he was already hired.
"Tomorrow," the pirate replied as he boldly stared up at the man, trying to make out his face.
He's escaping from something, he realized, recognizing that tone anywhere. The stranger was a criminal, by the looks of things, a rough one, though seemed all right with taking orders... for now.
Well, as long as he's always fine with the third, he's perfect.
Chris offered his hand towards the newcomer.
"We could use extra hands on deck," he replied, before launching into the same introduction and speech he had given to the other recruits.
 "But before we sign you up," he added boldly, "Might I have your name, and what are you hiding under that hood of yours?"

At the end of his questions,a boy in his teens approached and asked Chris and Elias a bout getting a position on rigging. Hadn't Chris been busy with the other stranger, he would have begun to examine this new comer immanently; rigging was part of what he did, after all.
Elias can take care of him, for now, he thought as he waved towards the sign up sheet.
"Sign up, here, lad," he gruffly replied without taking his eyes off of Vladimir.

NightWind

Vladimir looked curiously at the other man's hand, before realizing he was supposed to take it. 'Ah, yes. Handshake.' He thought.
  He took the other man's hand awkwardly, as if unused to shaking hands- which, truth be told, he was. He couldn't even remember the last time he had shaken hands. 'Oh, that's right. I stole that noble's ring.' The thought made Vladimir grin. "Travel the world, you say? Aye, that suits me well. Aye, I've learned me letters, how to scrawl 'em, and if you need magical talent, yer in luck." He said, retrieving his hand and crossing his arms low over his chest. "I've had schooling in the arts of divination. Finding the direction is a thing of ease, and I can tell you when a storm will come, if I concentrate." His grin widened, showing one of his pointed canines, as he could almost smell the suspicion rolling off of the man. "I can tell you when a man's lying, and when he ain't, unless he has a real strong will. Me hood hides me features, let's just say, they attract unwanted attention." He pulled his hood back for a moment, revealing his lupine ears and eyes, along with his scar, raw-looking because he had picked at it while it healed- intimidation is highly useful to a lone wanderer. "Suffice it to say me descriptions been handed about. As for me name, It be Vladimir." He hoped these men really were pirates, things could badly otherwise if they recognized the name. "Vladimir Nikoli." He stated as he pulled the hood back over his eyes. "So that's it, then?"

Jahuty

One could not be entirely sure about where or when it was that he seemed to just simply step out of the crowd. While during the exchanging of formalities and the signing away of life and limb there was a man. Not one a man of great stature for his height was rather average, his posture slack, and the expression on his face made him look rather...bored. Nope nothing over special looking about him as he just stood in the back of the line seemingly minding his own business whilst excavating a blockage of his left flaring nostril.

Yes. All he was doing was standing there off in his own little world, an average yet rather rough looking fellow of apparent Conalothian descent judging by the lightness of skin and the hew of the eyes. He possessed a rugged face with light scruff on the chin, dark braided hair, and clothing that was rather neat yet looked rather mundane. A simple white shirt with elbows rolled to the sleeve, a simple patchy brown vest, and black pants tucked into a pair of worn looking boots; he even openly wiped the nasal obstruction off onto those same pants which made it smear. However this fellow did seemed to have an awful lot...of knives. Yes, KNIVES, all carefully strapped about his left shoulder, belt and TWO for each boot. And upon closer inspection he also seemed to be the bearer of an awful lot of scars visible about the arms and face. Surely a rough looking character to any that looked his way.

Then he took a sharp inhale of air, but quickly wrinkled his nose looking as if he got a whiff of something foul. "Blegh, smells like...arse." he quietly mumbled to himself scanning around the square until his eyes settled upon the rather largish filthy man clapping palms with one of the blokes up ahead behind the stand. He glanced a little between the few others standing in front of him taking the time to look them over, sizing each of them up and down. A wee lad, a hobo, some shady mutt, and the one feminine fellow that had walked away only a minute before. And yes...I say a mutt because it was difficult not to smell mangy hide either. Or- *sniff* or is that me? The fellow standing there judging the whole lot behind their backs raised an arm and discreetly took a whiff of under his own manly pit. Heh, I guess it is me. Thought I got the smell out this time...damn.

Okay so he honestly couldn't say who the shady cloak toting bloke was so he gets the benefit of the doubt. But either way their they all were congregating on the shady edge of the towns square. Seraph wondered what it was that could be so damn fascinating about to men sitting around at a table in the middle of the public center with a jolly rog-...err...I mean a decorative  cloth with a questionable and intriguing insignia on it. Woo, that was a close one. Almost just let me'self onto just what it was that might be going on here. That would ruin the fun of the surprise for when he finally found out. The whole thing did seem awfully eye catching and it rather peeked the man's interest. Maybe he'd quit standing around and guessing what it was and just ask.

"Oooooy!" Called Seraph as he raised an arm in greeting from the back of the line. He waited a moment until one of the fellows seated behind the table took notice and he casually waltzed up between the mu- oh sorry...the cloaked bloke and the walking litter man. Seraph first looked at left at the first man, then to the right at the second man wordlessly. "So...eh...whatcha fella's got on the market? Or is this some other gimmick ya got going?" Seraph seemed very nonchalant as he glanced about the company while retaining that look of bored curiosity on his face.