Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Still stranded. [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, July 12, 2012, 09:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Oh!" Faolán glanced down at his leg and let out a sheepish laugh. "It's...it's not so bad anymore, it's mending nicely," he said. "But right I'm staying at the church; the priest's daughter patched me up and fusses enough for the both of us."

He reached down and poked at his injured thigh, still wrapped tightly with clean bandages beneath his breeches. He winced. "But I mean, I could probably show ya. Nora said I should get to walkin' more, because it'll help with the healing."

And after hearing the urgency in this woman's voice, he'd started to feel uneasy about this whole monster thing. What if they waited and someone got hurt? He wrung his hands together, a little knot of anxiety settling in his gut.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Blue

Ah the church, that made sense enough. They were likely taking it seriously, and assuming nothing went awry, this young soldier would be fighting fit again in no time. All the same, she didn't feel particularly comfortable taking an injured lad out into the forest with her on a tracking mission.
Her gloved hands settled on her hips as she gave a long glance at the hidden injury, sharp eyes led there by his own poking about.
"All the same, I might like to see you better healed first. What if the beast were to fall upon us while we are tracking it? I'd like to say I have skill enough for the both of us, but if you cannot run or fight back properly, you could see the creature finish the job from that night."

Rhindeer

"But...but what about whatcha said? What if the creature hurts more people in the meantime?"

Faolán grimaced at the thought and looked back up at Lucine. "Then it'd be my fault. 'Cause I didn't say anything earlier." He paused, then added miserably, "And didn't do more at the time."

He'd bragged a lot, turning his terrifying encounter into something far more heroic than it was. In his version of the tale, he stabbed the hell out of it. In reality, he only got one blow in before the thing dragged him off and broke his sword.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Blue

"Then I will keep a strict vigil in the meantime. I cannot take you as you are now. If you were to be further injured, it would be entirely my own fault for making a rash decision."
By the tone in her voice, it was already decided. The hands on her hips only added to it.
"You will take the time necessary to mend that leg sir. Then we can handle this."

Naturally, she'd make sure to check on him frequently enough to gauge his progress. Now, this was likely not what the order had in mind when they'd sent her here, but...could they really fault her for finding something to do? A wild beast on the loose was nothing to scoff at - she was here, and she had the ability necessary. To walk away and do nothing?? Unheard of! She would not stand for it!

Rhindeer

Faolán let out a wilting sigh and folded his arms over his chest. She had a point, and it made a lot of sense, even if he didn't like it. "Okay..." he said, frowning.

But then a thought struck him and he straightened like a bolt, eyes wide and alarmed. "Hold on, wait! That doesn't mean you're gonna go looking for the thing alone, does it?"

Blue

At the alarmed accusation, Lucine let out a rather haughty scoff.
"Certainly not sir! I am not so foolhardy as that. I simply mean that I shall be taking up a rigorous patrolling schedule. Day and night, I shall be making the rounds to ensure nothing untoward happens to these people."
She didn't, of course, feel the need to explain how one young woman was going to patrol an entire town by herself. After all, most of it was pure stubbornness and force of will. But mostly it would require eating while on the patrol route, and taking many quick 'soldiers naps' to keep exhaustion at bay.

@Rhi-Rhi

Rhindeer

"You're...gonna be patrollin' all by yourself?" Faolán asked, saying what she hadn't said. "Um. That sounds pretty much like if you encountered the monster you'd be alone, which is...pretty much the same thing I said..."

Rolling back his shoulders, he did his best to stand straight and strong. "I could come with you," he said. "You know, if you're just patrolling. I could use the exercise. This leg isn't gonna get better if I don't use it!"

And besides, he was about going out of his mind with boredom and idleness. He could kill for some company and interesting conversation!

And whatever he might think about this woman, she was certainly interesting!

Blue

Lucine gave Faolan a sharp eyed stare in response to his continued protests. Searching for the creature, and keeping a patrol, were two entirely different endeavors! That they may come to the same conclusion was beside the point.
Well, then again, that did seem to BE his point. Honestly, were all that worry focused instead upon himself, she would be far more comfortable.

It was her turn to now cross her arms and stand straight and tall. She certainly had better posture than him if nothing else. All that noble breeding and what not. She gave him a very long, very hard look, lips pressed into her usual frown. To deny him any part in this was her knee jerk reaction, yet she knew how frustrating it was to be forced to sit and wait on the sidelines. To be denied the right to do your duty. Why, it was that very thing that had landed her milling about here in the first place!
Finally she let out a sigh.

"Very well Faolan. I will accept your offer. However, you are not to over exert yourself! I will map out the route I will take, and log what time of day or night I am likely to be in particular parts of the route. If you truly wish to be of assistance, then I would ask that you bring water and light food with you, so that I may keep my energy up. Is this satisfactory?"

@Rhi-Rhi

Rhindeer

Immediately, Faolán perked back up.

"Completely satisfactory!" he said with a wide grin. "I can do that. That's pretty easy. I'm pretty much the master of being a gofer!"