Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Curiosity Never Hurt Anyone, Right? [NIX] [M]

Started by Tally, January 11, 2013, 09:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

Knai got his breathing under control when the man responded.  His hands on Knai's shoulders calmed him enough that he could sit up, but he stayed where he was, half lying on top of the man.  In the utter blackness, he wasn't losing contact with the only other person here.

"I'm...fine."  He wasn't hurt, but it still felt odd to lay claim to the word fine after what they'd just lived through.  Something else was wrong.  The man beneath him cut off his words, sounded strained.  There was something he wasn't saying.

"You're what?  What?"  he said, voice taking on a hysterical note.

Nix

"...first calm down lovely..." Amal spoke softly as he reached back to feel the thing inside him. It felt like a splintered piece of wood, fairly big too, but at least he could get a grip on the part sticking out of him. Hopefully it didn't hit anything major because he didn't want to go back to Jericho, and if he did end up dying here Knai would be alone and trapped.

"...There's something stuck in my back... I am going to pull it out but I am going to need you to wrap the wound nice and tight when I do. Can you do that for me beautiful?"
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

Tally

Knai nodded vigorously.  Yes, he should calm down.  He was panicking.  Yes.

The man's next words had Knai shaking his head no just as vigorously.  "No. No, no, I can't do that, I can't see, it's black in here, it's completely black, and I don't know how and we don't even have anything."

Oh gods above, he had something stuck in his back?  And he was just going to pull it out?  The darkness would prevent Knai from having to watch that, but he couldn't possibly wrap the man's wound when he couldn't see.

Nix

"...I can fix the issue of the darkness for a moment but then you are going to have to wrap it ok?" He started ripping at his own shirt, it was the best solution on hand. He grabbed the ripped long piece of fabric that was no longer forming much of a shirt at all and placed it in Knai's hand. "I need you to be brave ok? We will be alright, I promised I'd protect you didn't I?" He smiled softly. Knai couldn't see him at the moment but he could see the blonde just fine.

It didn't matter if they barely knew each other, Amal hated to see such a scared look on such a pretty young face. "You gave me your name in return for your safety so now I have to uphold my part of the bargin don't I? I just need you to do this for me first ok?"

He shifted again and got a grip on the piece of wood again. "Don't be scared Knai..." He said closing his eyes as he allowed himself to take his actual shape. Even in the darkness his opalescent skin glowed, emitting a soft light fueled by the storm. His height was only lessened a tad and his body remained much the same shape except for the now prominent black rabbit ears and the more rabbit like nose. "Can you see now?"
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

Tally

Knai flinched at the sound of ripping cloth, and again when the man grabbed his hand.  He closed his fist about the cloth and nodded.  He couldn't stop nodding, as though agreeing with everything this man said would make it all turn out all right.

The man shifted about in the darkness.  Knai thought there were spots in his vision, but it was a faint light, emitting from the man's skin.  Knai's eyes fell instantly to the ground behind him, where blood pooled.  He whipped his head back up instantly and nodded again.

He realized he hadn't said anything this whole time.  "Yes."

It came out as a whisper, for some reason.

Nix

"It's ok Knai." He said softly, smiling one more time before pulling the piece of wood out.

It hurt, sure, and he winced a bit, but not like it would have if he were human. He felt pain a lot differently than a human did, at least here on the mortal plane. That didn't mean he couldn't die though either.

"Ok Knai... make sure you wrap it tight."

Tally

Knai was still nodding when the man yanked the wood out.  He should have given him more warning!  A countdown or...something!

Knai gasped and jerked his eyes away, then remembered he couldn't do that.  Wasn't suppose to do that.  He had to wrap up the man's torso.  He had to look.

It turned out to be not so bad as he'd thought.  The odd light made the blood look like oil, not truly real, and he could pretend there wasn't a whole in the man's back through which blood was leaking.  Even so, his hands shook as he straightened out the cloth and got it around the man's abdomen.  It was slow going.  His trembling hands kept dropping the cloth, or getting it bunched up, or just fumbling at it uselessly.

By the time he got it tied off, he felt like he might faint.

Nix

The kid did fumble with the cloth but it was ok, and Amal was sure to tell him so. When all was said and done he did a good job too. "Thank you Knai, you did great." Amal kissed the other's forehead gently, praising him.

"Are you alright beautiful?" The boy looked pale and not well. He carefully stood and held out his hand to help Knai up as well. "Can you stand?"

Tally

Knai blinked up at the man when he just...stood up.  As though he didn't have a hole through him!  As though half the blood in his body wasn't on the floor.  Knai scrambled up without taking the man's hand.

"Of course!  How can you?!"

Nix

Amal chuckled a bit, his rabbit-like nose wiggling and ear flopped at the side of his head. "I'm not human Knai... and even though it hurts, it isn't the same as if I were human. I am more worried about you... if I bleed to 'death' I will disappear and I do not want you to be stuck here alone."

He looked around, trying to get a feel for the room and saw a candle on an old desk in the corner of the room. He walked over, pulling flint and firestone from his pockets, he lit the candle and then changed back to his human form for now.

Tally

That thought, the thought that he might be in this place alone, buried under stone, blind, trapped, choked him with a fear more powerful than any he'd felt in his life, more powerful even than those terrified moments when the tower was crashing down around them.

He stayed right on the man's heels, and as soon as he was done lighting the candles, Knai clutched his shirt in both hands.  "You'll be fine, right?"

Nix

"Shhhh hey, don't fret lovely. I just need to rest and I will heal fine now that you wrapped my wound." He gently wrapped his arms around the scared cutie and hugged him loosely. "I promised to protect you."

He smiled a bit and picked up the candle so they could look around and figure out what to do next.

Tally

Knai stayed attached to the man's side.  He wasn't letting him out of his sight or out of his hands, not until he saw some daylight!

His breathing had evened out, and he was able to at least put on a farce of composure.  "What are you going to do?"

They could stand up straight in only a few feet of the basement.  The rubble would force them to crouch or kneel in the rest of it.  Most of it looked solid to Knai's eyes, but some areas bore smaller tumbles of rock and looked as though they might fall and crush them at any moment.

Nix

After surveying what there was of the basement Amal couldn't help but let out a sigh. He liked to think his many, MANY years on earth and the general escapades and shenanigans he had gotten into made him pretty resourceful, but in reality he mostly just resorted to using his abilities for everything. This situation was looking pretty bleak.

Already he was bracing himself to run once he 'died' here and ended up back in Jericho, but that would doom Knai. It could take him years to get back to this tower if he ended up dying. He couldn't let that happen.

Amal held his wound lightly and started to kick some rubble out of the way so there was a clear area of the floor for them to sit. The ceiling above that part looked the sturdiest so it should be ok. "Now, I'm going to rest so I can get us out of here in the morning."

He sat down rather mindful of his injury and laid down on his side furthest from the wound. He patted the ground in front of him motioning for Knai to do the same.

Tally

Knai followed along, growing increasingly agitated by the man's silence.  He should have said something by now, or done something.  Found some way they could get out.  All he did was look about and kick some rocks around!

"In the morning?!  I am not staying here until morning!"  How could he just lay down like he was going to sleep here?  This whole tower could crush them any second!

Nix

Why was this so cute? Even annoyed and mad, he was adorable. It made Amal want to tease him but he didn't have the energy. "Knai. I need to sleep, I need to heal some so I can get us some help. We'll be ok till morning."

He was pretty sure this part wouldn't cave in. It really did seem to be the sturdiest part.

Tally

Knai hovered, wringing his hands.  What could he do?  Start moving rocks himself?  There was nothing for it but to lower himself to the ground next to the man.

He didn't lay down.  There would be no sleep for him, not anytime soon.  Instead he hugged his legs to his chest and stared at the ground in the flickering light of the candle.

"What can I call you?"

Nix

He had to smile a bit at that. The cute little blond finally wanted to know his name. "I am Amalendu, but you may call me Amal." The boy looked so adorable hugging his knees to his chest like that. Amal wanted to hug him close as he slept.

"Lay with me~" He purred sweetly, despite how unattractive this situation was. "We'll be warmer as the temperatures drop a bit, and it will be more comfortable. Besides we should blow out the candle to conserve it and it would but me at easy to have you close to me in the dark."

Tally

Knai hesitated.  What good would laying do?  He didn't even want to sit really.  He wanted to get up and pace.  Amal made a decent point.  It was cold down here.

Knai lay down facing him, pressing close.  Any other time and he'd be winding his legs in Amal's and getting them both rid of their clothes, but he couldn't muster even an appreciation at the proximity of their bodies.

"Couldn't we leave it burning for awhile?"  Facing all this in darkness unnerved him.

Nix

Amal smiled and put his arm around Knai's waist holding him close as they laid there. "We really should blow it out, but I'm right here, it will be ok." He kissed Knai's forehead gently and then reached for the candle. "Would you like to do the honors?"