Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Being From Another World (alex_xr)

Started by Corona Starfire, January 22, 2013, 05:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corona Starfire

There was a loud crashing noise as dozens of birds quickly managed to flee from the area of falling tree branches. There was a bright light, but luckily the trees of the forest managed to (mostly) contain it. What remained on top of a pile of broken branches and leaves was a young man dressed in the plain clothes of a commoner. He struggled to rise but quickly fell back onto his stomach with a low groan. It took him a few seconds, but finally he rolled off the pile of brush onto the forest floor, his eyes gazing up at the canopy above him. He covered his eyes quickly due to the sunlight that pierced through.

Finally managing to sit up, he rubbed his head where it hurt. Observing the slight amount of blood on his palm, he frowned before looking around in a daze. Where was he, exactly? What happened? He couldn't remember a thing, only the sounds of a loud crash and perhaps the voice of someone yelling. Or maybe the one yelling had been him. Looking at the fallen branches in front of him, and noting the pain and blood on his head, he could only assume he had fallen from above. Did he fall out of the tree maybe? No, from quick observation he saw the amount of debris could not have been caused from him simply falling off of a tree branch.

For the most part, there didn't seem to be any serious damage done to his body. He wasn't quite sure why he thought that, after all he had a pounding headache. He was slightly dirtied, and drying blood was smeared across his forehead. Other than that, though, he was apparently fine. Besides the not-knowing-where-he-was thing, of course.

After standing slowly to ensure nothing gave out, he slowly made his way from the trees towards what looked like a small clearing. His vision swayed slightly from the pain in his head, but he was able to keep himself standing regardless. When he finally made his way to the clearing, he steadied himself against one of the trees and looked around. He had no idea where he was, but he seemed to be able to easily discern the directions "north, east, west, and south." His beaten and tired body asked for water, but he had no idea what direction to even start going.

Looks like he had quite the predicament ahead of him.

alex_xr

Bethe was walking near the sign of the commotion, She was curious, as it wasn't everyday you saw a light in the sky and heard the ruckus that had happened.  It wasn't often Bethe found her self in a forest, but today she was traveling.  She had a deader, to kill and it was just a matter of time till she tracked him down. Now here she spied a man in the clearing, she had just found herself in. 

" Hello?" She looked over the man, he looked hurt, and lost, never a good combination.  She walked closer, her hands near her daggers.  " Can I help you?"  She wondered how she should introduce her self. I am Kira... I was wondering if I could help you some how? "  She would try to help this poor man.. Men were so weak.. at times she wondered how they ever were considered them selves the top of civilization.

Corona Starfire

He noticed someone in the distance. Looks like someone was nearby after all. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, considering he wasn't quite sure what direction to travel in at this moment. He heard her speak to him, and managed to grasp what it was she had said. However, the pounding headache and dizziness made even this somewhat difficult. He managed to stand up straight without the assistance of the tree and walked closer to the woman. He noted her daggers, and considered the possibility she would use them to attack him.

When he was close enough, he spoke. "Good afternoon, milady. A pleasant day, is it not?" He smiled before performing a courteous bow. His manner of speaking and handsome smile betrayed his dirtied commoner appearance. After he bowed, he looked her over quickly and shrugged with a half-smile. "You would not perhaps know the location of the closest main road? I would be most appreciative if you could inform me." He stated.

alex_xr

Beth cursed to her self that she was wearing all her daggers and such.   " Are you ok sir?  and the closest main road... is about a week away from here if your quick.. in your condition, I wish you luck. "  She didn't know how the man had come out her.   She looked him over and saw blood.  She could kill him, save him, or leave him for dead.. Curse her curisoty, she would save him. " As I said My name is Kira, and I can help you, if you want, it is dangerous to be out here alone and hurt."  Unless your a woman like me thought Beth. 

She got closer,  and prepared for any ambush, uncertain if this was a trap, it was genius, the man looked like he had been thrown threw some trees or something.  If it was a trap she would have to talk to the architect, he was good. If not then well she was going to have to drag this mans sorry arse out of the forest.

Corona Starfire

"Perfectly fine, I assure you. Although a bit lost." And horribly confused as to what was going on, of course, although he didn't mention that. "Kira?" He asked. He thought she might have said her name before hand, but the ringing still in his head made it difficult for him to be sure. "I am known as Alistair, milady. A pleasure to meet you, although I wish sincerely it were under more fortunate circumstances." He frowned. His composure remained confident albeit weakened, and an honesty shined in his eyes. If he had intended on a trap, he was playing a marvelous actor.

She had mentioned nearly a week's travel to the closest main road. That far, huh? Just where in the world was he? And in that case, why was she all the way out here? Her appearance made him wonder if she was some sort of outlaw. It made no difference to him, however. He had no intention of quarreling unless she started something he couldn't avoid. All he wanted to do now was find his way to the closest settlement. Perhaps there was a village or something closer than the main road was. But there were priorities in this situation, and he would never make any sort of trip without hydrating himself first.

"Your help would be most appreciated, Miss Kira." He spoke once again in a formal manner, bowing. "However, I would prefer not to trouble you. Simply pointing me in the right direction of the closest road or settlement would be all that I require. I also seem to be quite parched, and thus I would also sincerely appreciate knowledge on the location of a nearby body of water I could hydrate myself from." Apparently, this man was completely lost and his words gave strong implications that he had no idea where he was. In truth, he honestly didn't. He knew nothing about where he was currently except that it was a forest. Beyond that, he only knew his own name.

Something happened to him, and he had no idea what it was.

alex_xr

" Well there is a closer road, but it is usually plagued with bandits,  So I take this way which usually turns up with no one. " Though if any bandit group messed with her.. they would be sorry.  She sighed and looked at the man.  'Follow me, a stream isn't too far."  She waited paitently for him.   

This was an interesting turn of events.  " I would be troubled if I left you out here alone, I couldn't live with it, a good looking fellow like your self might attract all sorts of negative attention.  She had always had a soft spot for people in situations like this, as she had been saved a time or two but people in similar fashions.  " How did you get hurt, You should let me look at your wounds. "  She looked at him unsure of if he was going to follow her.  She went a little of the ways, wondering if he would continue on with her. 

Beth then thought on his name, Alistair, it was a name you didn't hear everyday. She thought how easy it would be to kill the man and pretend she had never been here but that would be of no purpoise, as he seemed to be honestly lost.  If he did have a intent to hurt her, he might succeed. 

Corona Starfire

She had offered to lead him to a nearby stream. That would be perfect. "Very well." He agreed to follow her, although was still unsure about causing her trouble. He decided to keep quiet about that for now, though. Perhaps at least this way he could gather some information as to where he was. "Good looking?" He mimicked what she said, then looked down at himself before making a confused face. He wasn't quite sure what she meant by that. Perhaps it was intended as a mere compliment.

The pain in his head had started to dull more, and his vision and hearing finally began to return to normal. He rubbed his head where it had been bleeding before, but it seemed to be healing nicely. This seemed normal. Although he knew normally humans didn't recover so quickly from wounds. He wondered just how much damage he would have taken if he had been a normal human. Then again, if he wasn't a normal human, what was he? He knew he was different, but he wasn't quite sure how. "My wounds are nothing to be concerned about, milady. I thank you sincerely for your hospitality, however."

He started to talk as they walked. "Would you perhaps be able to inform me of the name of this region?" He gave a bright, innocent smile that was maybe a little embarrassed. It may have seemed strange for him not to know his whereabouts whatsoever, but he decided that he might be better off asking this stranger whose name at least he knew, rather than act so suspiciously in a village or town.

alex_xr

They made it shortly to the stream and she laughed at his question.  "We are in the River lands of course, somewhere in Kia's court.  I am sure we can find some sort of village near by, I just don't pay attention to such small places of interest. "  Which wasn't true, she knew the road was actually a day or two depending on your speed, and a village was a day away.  Bethe, looked at the man and filled her water skin.   " your wounds... They seem to have healed on their own accord..."  She said looking at his head as he had rubbed it. "

Bethe, was going to have to be careful, this man seemed more than he was. Granted she was more than she looked as well, being an Assassin.  She then looked at Alistar and wondered what on earth brought the fool out here. Surely he should of died, but due to some sort of healing ability he seemed fine now.

Corona Starfire

"River lands?" He repeated. "Kia's Court?" He asked, clearly not sure as to what those words meant. "I see." He stated, apparently satisfied with her response nonetheless. Although, he was pretty sure they were in a forest and there weren't any rivers nearby. There was the stream that they had just encountered. But streams and rivers weren't the same thing. And just who was this Kia person? Or was it not even a person?

All these questions and numerous other random thoughts and curiosities went through his mind as he knelt down to wash his hands and face in the stream. He found her claim of not knowing about a nearby village suspicious. After all, she knew rather easily about this nearby stream. In addition, she knew of the position of at least two nearby roads. One of them apparently plagued with bandits, another being a main road about a week's travel away. Bandits wouldn't be somewhere miles away from the rest of civilization, typically. If they were so close, then the area was obviously populated enough for them to make profit off of. And how could it be populated without a nearby village? A week away from the main road was too far to be rational. Now, it was more than reasonable that she simply wasn't aware of the nearest village(s). She didn't say they weren't around, just that she wasn't aware of them.

But wasn't her knowledge of the area a bit too informed to not know where the nearest village was? Not to mention she looked like someone used to doing things the hard way. Definitely not just some wandering village girl.

He decided not to question it openly. In all honesty, whether she had lied to him or not wasn't relevant. He felt rather confident about himself, for whatever reason. To him, it mattered not if he were being lead to some sort of trap. This seemed illogical to him, since he was unarmed and unarmored, and couldn't remember a thing other than his name. However, it still felt normal to feel so confident. Thus, he felt no anxiety over trusting this woman. She had been a great help to him so far, at least. He figured she probably would have taken advantage of him already by now anyway if that had been her plan.

Despite the complexity of his thoughts, he showed no signs of being lost in thought. When she asked him about his wounds, he had just finished splashing water on his face to wipe off the dirt and blood. "Yes, I seem to heal faster than most. But also, the damage appeared worse than it truly was." Both answers were true, but both answers were also rather uninformative, as if he didn't really intend to elaborate on her obvious curiosity.

He finished washing his face and hands, now taking a few large sips of water from the stream using his hands as a makeshift bowl. "Thank you for the assistance once again, milady. I should be able to make my own way from here. If you could simply point me towards the nearest road, I am sure I could find my way around." He said, giving a warm smile before beginning to stretch. His headache was pretty much entirely gone now, and he was feeling much better. That water made a huge difference. "I do not wish to be more of a burden than I already have been."

alex_xr

Bethe shrugged, "If your really sure you want to go off on your own, follow this stream and You will find a village, Well you should assuming its still there and healthy. " She tried to remember the last time she knew there was one here.  Having been around as long as she had, she had the problem of referencing now gone places, and other msihaps.   

She smiled, " I wish you luck sir, so hear take a dagger, should give you a chance should anything think you look  appetizing. "  She then began to walk away, she had a place to be and a man to kill. It wasn't going to be a hard job. 

Bethe looked back every so often to make sure the man was ok all by himself, She hated leaving him but he was so insistant.

Corona Starfire

A curious look. She had said she wasn't aware of a nearby village. And yet, she had just told him how to get to one. What an inconsistency. "I see." He spoke, gazing in the direction she indicated without mentioning her contradiction. "A dagger? Do you not require this?" He was hesitant about so easily taking her weapon. She barely knew him; why would she give him something like that? "Such a gift is most appreciated, milady. However, I do believe you would be better off with it in your possession, yes?" If she continued to insist, he would take the weapon with much gratitude. But he was still clearly uncomfortable accepting it. As much as he appreciated her help, he wasn't one to wish a burden on another.

"If you would prefer to not be lonesome, you are not required to leave, milady." He said, sensing her hesitation. It wasn't that she bothered him, truly. "Truly, the decision is yours. Of course, I believe going to the nearby village you mentioned is a truly excellent idea. Perhaps someone there will know of me." He smiled.

alex_xr

She sighed, I have plenty of daggers, she took it back and put it in one of her many seathes.  I am sorry for being vague, In recent years I take the back path through here to not bother the places. I am pretty sure there should still be a village in this direction but I am not certain if it exists still"  She was sure he was questioning her inconsistency. " I will see you to the village at least, As I said I would hate to see you harmed. "  She  hadn't spent much time in this part of the woods so to speak.   Bethe just sighed and  left it for him to start walking.  " Why do you hope someone knows of you?"  She was confused, why would that matter. 

Corona Starfire

She took the dagger back from him, and he allowed her to do so without question. "Very well. I suppose I can accept such a compromise." He stated when she offered to walk with him to the village. Although he disliked making trouble for someone, he had to admit it was convenient for her to be around. After all, she seemed fairly knowledgeable of the area. Perhaps on the way to the village he could find out more as to what had happened. She seemed trustworthy enough, at least. "Thank you, milady. I sincerely appreciate your generosity." He gave a slight bow as he once again thanked her. Clearly he had no issue with showing his appreciation whenever he could.

It seemed she was waiting for him to start moving, and so he did. He continued in the direction that she had indicated. "Ah, that is..." He began to explain in response to her question. "It appears I have an affliction of amnesia." He said matter-of-factly, as if it wasn't a big deal in the slightest. "I calculate that if I am in this area, then perhaps I live nearby. I cannot discern what it was I had been attempting to accomplish out here, however. But it would seem I had fallen out of a tree at one point before you came across me." Or more accurately, he had fallen from the sky into the trees. That was what he had deduced from the damage done to the trees, anyway. He couldn't actually remember what had happened. Perhaps he had an ability to fly or jump really high he was unaware of. Flight sounded familiar, but he had no idea how it was he could activate it if he truly could do such a thing.

Occasionally, a word here and there seemed to ring a bell. It was as if he was on the verge of remembering. But just like that, it was gone again. Judging from the height of the sun, it could not have been any later than midday currently. "May I ask what it is that brings you to these woodlands, Miss Kira?" He asked.

alex_xr

" I am on a mission of sorts, I must deliever this letter to a lord. " She fibbed. It was actually her letter detailing the man she was to kill.  But she didn't let that bit out, she  looked to him and wondering what was on his mind.  You last remember falling out of a tree.. Well I hope someone knows who you are,  I can't imagine what  I would do if stuck somewhere without memory. "  She also wondered if there was any way she could use this man, surely he had some use to her. 

Bethe/Kira kept up with him with ease,  "you are an interesting man, falling out a tree, healing quickly, and losing your memory. If nothing else I am sure we can find you an place to settle down until your memory returns to you.

Corona Starfire

"A mission to deliver a letter to a lord? Sounds fascinating." He had his suspicions, though, about her. Wouldn't delivery to a lord of the land be somewhat urgent typically? Did she have time to follow him around like this? Perhaps it wasn't that important. It was none of his business either way, and he wasn't particularly concerned as to whether or not she was telling the truth. "It is rather jarring, to be quite honest." Alistair said in response to her comment on his amnesia. "Nothing here looks or sounds familiar. I feel as if I am not only lost, but far away from where I should be as well. I am.. out of place." He said this in a rather calm manner despite his situation. Apparently the fact that he had no memory of anything wasn't too big a deal to him. Someone may even think of this as suspicious. Wouldn't a person typically be far more worried if they were in a situation where they couldn't remember anything?

Alistair's eyes scanned the forest as they walked. He took in every detail. The trees. The dirt. The sunlight. The birds singing in the branches. The water of the stream they were following flowing against the rocks. Not too far downstream a young deer could be seen drinking from the water. "Interesting? So it would seem." He shrugged at her comment. A moment later, the deer finally took notice of them and quickly walked away into the woods. "I am sure once we reach the village, I will be fine on my own. I do not wish to keep you from your mission any longer, lest that lord's anger be upon you." He smiled.

alex_xr

Bethe nodded with him.  " I just want to ensure your safe, I would hate for you to get lost out here.  I don't know, hopefully we can find out more about you in the village, My mission can wait."  She looked around the forest not noting anything of interest.    She wanted to know what the man might be thinking. 

"I just want to ensure your safe, and  that your with those that know you. I would hate for you to be lost in a strange place. "  She wasn't sure why she wanted to help this man anymore, but something about him made her want to help him.. and her lies suck.

Corona Starfire

"Very well." He stated, not questioning her any further. He had given more than enough chances for her to back out. "I appreciate your assistance, milady. Perhaps one day I can return such kindness." He stopped suddenly when he said that, turning his head to look at something that was across the stream. He seemed to consider something for but a short moment, before he jumped across the water to the other side, using rocks where able to avoid getting too wet. He seemed rather agile and adept at such a thing, despite the rocks being sharp and wet from the constant flow of water.

"Perhaps this was why that deer turned away instead?" He questioned loudly enough for his companion across the stream to hear him, but it wasn't very clear if he said it specifically to her or if he was just talking to himself. He walked behind a tree and knelt down to examine something.

Upon further inspection, it was a young bear cub. It seemed hesitant of the approaching man at first, but did not attempt to run away as Alistair reached out and patted the young creature on its head. "It would appear to be a young grizzly bear, yes? Perhaps it is lost." He would say this whether or not Kira was nearby to hear him. Although still hesitant, the young bear seemed to become slightly less uncomfortable as Alistair rubbed its head.

A rustle was heard in the thicket beyond Alistair and the cub.

"Hmm, one must wonder where your mother is. Would you perhaps be lost little cub?" He cocked his head, as if expecting the young animal to answer. It was then he sensed that something very large was next to him. Alistair turned slightly to his side, only to be in eye contact with a very large, very furry, and very angry adult grizzly bear. "Greeti-" He began to say in a overly cheery face, just as a very large, furry, angry paw collided into him, sending him flying out from the thicket and landing with a loud splash in the stream.

It all happened so fast, but Alistair apparently somehow managed to block the attack with his arms. Well, as best as one could block a grizzly bear's paw with bare arms, anyway. The whole thing seemed to knock the wind out of him, for when he landed in the stream he gasped as if attempting to catch his breath. He was still conscious, but his arms were slashed and seemed to have suffered considerable damage.

"Oh.. dear.." He said in a daze as he sat up. His body hurt all over. Not just from the bear's attack, but from landing on all the rocks in the stream, too. Luckily the current wasn't deep or fast enough to carry him away. But despite him attempting to recover, the mother bear didn't seem all too pleased just yet.

In fact, it was rather upset that the threat to its youngling was still alive. It gave off a very loud roar to demonstrate this.

alex_xr

Bethe cursed and took a deep breath.  She pulled a very particular dagger out of the many on her person and tossed it at the bear.  She just prayed it worked on bears as well as it worked on humans.   She figured it would take longer to get through his system, the poison that is.  She jumped down and tried to help him up.  She was just hoping the next sound would be the thud of the bear.

Bethe pulled him up, trying to get him to walk. Figuring the posion should work any time now. She had thrown her most deadly for good measure, not wanting the bear to be swiping at her as she saved the man. He seemed to attract trouble, she said to her self laughing a bit.

Corona Starfire

The dagger stuck into the bear's hide, but it didn't seem to pay the weapon - or the poison it was coated in - much heed. It gave out a tremendous roar and began its charge toward the duo. Alistair seemed to be somewhat out of it as Bethe tried to help him stand. It was almost as if he was some sort of bleeding drunkard.

"Ah, serrah, I do not believe that is the child's rabbit, yes?" He spoke randomly, to no one in particular. Such odd words made it seem quite possible he had wounded his head. Considering he was already dealing with memory loss, he clearly had bad luck when it came to head wounds. "Perhaps when we have completed this examination, we can enjoy a cook-off?" He turned to Bethe and said this completely random phrase that held no apparent meaning whatsoever.

The bear launched itself from its position and partially crash-landed in front of the duo, barely missing them as the poison apparently began to take effect. It managed to stand, though, not out of the fight just yet. Its compelling desire to protect its cub, despite that cub being safe, overcame any sense of logic it may have had. Even though the great beast had been poisoned, it seemed capable of taking a few swings still before it finally fell. Alistair seemed to have no sense of reality at the moment, apparently unaware of the danger that was before them.

And thus, the large grizzly bear matriarch readied itself for a final attack.

alex_xr

Bethe cursed her luck, as she summoned her all her strength to pull him away.  She didn't care anymore.. throwing her messenger bag at it, she thought to throw a rock but knew that she needed to try to get  Alistar away further.   It was clear he had lost his mind.  " come on, we can cook off once we get away from this bear. "  She tried desparatly  as most of her tricks were good at killing men, not bears.  She was obviously out of her element.

She then conjured an image,  an glamor of something rushing her cub. She just prayed it noticed it.