Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Love and War (Goblin) -M-

Started by Zero, March 11, 2013, 08:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Senji scoffed at Maverick's suggestion that he would steal one of his ideas. Everyone knew that Senji was the brains of this operation. Perhaps that was his ego exaggerating, but still, he was the brilliant mastermind behind most of their most fiendish and delightful schemes. Like the time he made Maverick into a king. Of course that hadn't lasted and was the reason for their last parting.

He really hadn't loved Danica, hadn't really cared for her at all except as a toy to appease his lusts, but it still made him bitter to think of Maverick betraying him with the little tramp. Good riddance, she was a burden he'd been glad to be rid of.

"You're right, Connlaoth is rather a large project, but they are going to have to elect a new Grand Duke, and where there is political scheming there are call for assassins. We could keep it simple. Go in, kill a few uptight nobles, collect a reward, and waltz right out. Our last plan was a bit overly complicated and took a long time to execute. I was thinking something quick and easy for a change."

The crimson-eyed prince sighed again, closing his eyes lightly and enjoying the slight nuzzle he'd been given. All his life he had used both men and women for pleasure and thought nothing of it. Cuddling was a nuisance that he rarely put up with in his years, although there had been the exceptions, depending on who it was and what he needed from them. Never had he felt the desire to cuddle with someone though; no one except Maverick. Lust was primal and easily understood, but what made him wish to share such tender moments with the silver-eyed demon beside him. Was it just a love thing? It had to be, he could think of no other reason, and even the reason he had made no sense.

GoblinFae

Maverick stilled for a moment in thought before tilting his head back to look up at his lover in surprise. "Since when is anything simple good enough for you? Seriously Senji, at least be honest with me. You'd think after this many years I have earned at least that. Unless of course you've either given up trusting me or simply have no idea because you haven't planned that far ahead. Because to be frank, simple is mundane and you are far from that. You-"

The demon paused and cleared his throat, stalling for more time. He had nearly let slip the one thing Senji could never know. He could not know just how much Maverick loved him, longed for him, needed him. The very idea that the other man's trust in him could be lost, sickened him.

He did not know what he would do if that were the truth. Already he could feel his throat dry and tighten as if sand had been dumped down its length. The very thought of crying galled him but Maverick also knew he would be hard pressed not to let himself succumb to self-pity and heartbreak once Senji was far out of sight and hearing. If his vermillion-eyed friend only knew how pathetically weak he was then he was sure he would be abandoned and denied the comfort of returning to his side.

Senji did not need Maverick. Lackeys were not hard to find when one was as powerful and intelligent as the prince of demons. But Maverick desperately needed Senji. His heart quivered in fear at the possibility of both discovery and being cast aside. He could not even explain to himself when or how he became so fragile, so delicate and capable of being shattered. Centuries old and he was supposed to be a god of his own making. Yet, pressed close to his lover he was just another man's toy, a lapdog eager to please on the off-chance of being recognized and adored.

Turning to lay on his side with his face buried in Senji's chest, Maverick sought to hide away his heartache. Instead of admitting how he felt or continuing his long since forgotten sentence, he allowed his tongue to dart out and run along an angry red mark he had left behind on his lover's flesh a few short hours earlier. Let the demon think him lascivious and insatiable; he knew better, or rather his bleeding heart did.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Crimson eyes did not reopen as Maverick spoke. Senji listened to his bedmate, scowling slightly. Yes, he generally did think things through a lot better than that. Grand schemes and complicated plans were fun and his specialty, but he really hadn't gotten that far in his thinking. All he could think of was seeing Maverick again. Nothing else had really mattered, not even the lame excuse he should have already had thought out. Was he losing his touch?

Humming softly, he let a smirk slide over his face. "I know I'm not mundane, but you stopped talking too soon for a change. You forgot to mention how brilliant, clever, irresistibly handsome, and charming I am." He shifted uncomfortably, knowing that he was just putting on a show to save face. Well, okay, he believed everything he just said, he just knew that wasn't the real issue. It was something he really hadn't wanted to think about or address. Did he still trust Maverick? His lover had nearly ruined everything the last time they'd been together. Also, the betrayal had hurt much more than he would like to have admitted.

His dark eyes fluttered open as he felt the warm tongue slide across a sore spot. The idea of lavishing Maverick with his vicious affections was tempting, but he honestly wasn't sure if he could have risen to the occasion again just yet. "I haven't planned that far ahead yet. Even after the way you messed things up last time, you're one of the very few people I do trust Maverick. You know that."

GoblinFae

"Can't win with you. First I never shut up. Then I cut off too soon. Make up your mind you insufferable..." Again Maverick trailed off, deciding to grumble under his breath instead of finishing his sentence. The quibbling did not matter to him in the face of the words that set his clenching heart at ease. Senji still trusted him. That was all he needed to know.

His heart seemed to fill his entire chest with joy, demanding that he kiss his lover full on the mouth. But, Maverick's mind as always held him back. He must not, could not, would not let himself fall any further. He truly believed he would not survive should this demon lover ever find out that their dalliances were more than lustful play, that Maverick had more at stake in the gamble than he was letting on.

So he compromised. Maverick quit his tongue's ministrations, choosing to use his upper body to force Senji's back and down until the other man was flat on his back. They pressed chest to chest and the silver-eyed demon could not help but relish the feeling of the heart that beat against his own. His hands gripped and pressed down on his lover's shoulders in a show of keeping him in place but no real force was behind the action.

Maverick stared down into the face before him. He held his tongue. Unsure or unwilling to break the silence. It was almost as if he was daring Senji to act first. Or perhaps he was daring his own heart to take action. He challenged it to act and see how close he could dance to the flames before he burned.

'But what a way to burn,' his mind purred lazily as he reflected on their evening thus far. 'What a way indeed.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

A sly smirk crossed Senji's lips as he listened to his dear silver-eyed lover grumble about him. Insufferable indeed! They made a marvelous pair, didn't they? Of course, he wanted so much more than they already had. So much he wanted, so much he could not ask for. A cold fear gripped him at the thought of revealing just how deep his feelings ran. Echoing through his mind he could hear Maverick's chill laughter at his pathetic weakness.

His eyes flashed playfully as his lover climbed atop him, 'holding' him down. For a moment, forever and an instant, their eyes met, locked. Everything the burned in those crimson eyes, lust, desire, hunger, love...Senji felt an overwhelming fear that Maverick would see his weakness and so he did the only thing he could think to do. Closing his eyes, he wrapped one arm around the other's waist, his other hand moved to grip the back of Maverick's head, pulling him down for a harsh kiss.

Senji made the kiss hard, lustful, doing everything in his power to hide his true feelings. He would not appear weak! He could not allow it. After a few moments he managed to get himself more under control, managed to bury the soft and tender feelings deeper inside his heart. Maverick was going to expect planning their next great scam. With a final sharp nip to the other's lower lip, he let his head fall back and released his grip. A devious grin was on his face once more, eyes flashing with dark intent.

"Insufferable? More like irresistible."

GoblinFae

Maverick hissed slightly at the pain but his own head followed Senji's down to rest cheek to cheek beside it. He considered it a win for both his personal tally as well as the unspoken one he had going with Senji. The demon had won against his heart by not kissing Senji while soothing it in turn by being kissed. He had of course also not been the first one to initiate the kiss therefore being his lover's victor.

Being the winner certainly put a twinkle in his eye as he burrowed in comfortable atop his demon. That thought of possession though gave him a moment of internal pause before he hastily brushed it aside for later reflection. The last thing Maverick wanted was to brood on his steadily declining willpower around Senji.

Instead he groaned in mock exasperation at his companion's words. "More like incorrigible and irredeemable," he huffed into the neck beneath his searching lips. "It would kill you to be consistent, wouldn't it? Hot and cold," the demon further mumbled, his voice getting lower as he continued, "temptress."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Senji gave a soft sigh as Maverick settled down on him, his arms wrapped around his lover, on hand moving down to give the other's rear a firm squeeze, letting his nails dig into the flesh just slightly. A devious grin was still on his face, obviously he was in a fairly content and good mood now, although they both knew how quickly he could be set off once more. Funny, only Maverick could send him back and forth so much.

He smirked at the words and murmured his reply in a seductive purr. "Ah, but would you have me any other way?" He really hoped that Maverick would say no. The thought that he wasn't good enough nagged at him. Almost crippled him. He wanted Maverick's approval, when he had never desired anyone's approval before. Not even his father's approval or disapproval could shake him.

GoblinFae

That purr sent shivers down Maverick's spine making him wish to beg for more. His teeth bit firmly into Senji's shoulder instead, completely silencing any undignified sounds from escaping his lips. Instead he used the moment as a perfect distraction to think on his lover's question.

'Would I have you another way, great Prince? Perhaps, perhaps not though. I relish your body beneath me, above me, around me always. You are a drug I cannot resist returning to partake in once more. I cannot swear off you for you always keep me coming back for more with a single glance. I crave your approval, demand your attention, and feel jealousy towards all that would steal you from me. To have you another way would kill you. To admit that I want more, would kill me. Damn the god that created such foolish hearts. He should have known better than to give me one.'

With a heavy sigh he opened his mouth to answer when a frantic fluttering of leathery wings sounded through the room moments before a small body collided with Senji's head. Maverick sat up to face the red ball, squelching the laughter that scratched at his throat. The sight of his small servant though attempting to use Senji's hair as a grip to better balance though was really too much for him.

Amdoska took great pleasure in exacting as much pain as he possibly could on the great demon's body in as little time as he had. The fact that his master was so oblivious or uncaring of his treatment towards the demon prince only egged him on. He made sure just for added affect to whip his tail repeatedly as he attempted to get his master's attention in his high-pitched chattering dialect.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Senji gave a sharp hiss of pleasure as Maverick's teeth sunk into his shoulder, but the seconds ticked by in what seemed an eternal march as he held his breath waiting for a reply. What would he do if Maverick said he would have preferred him some other way? Could he change for his lover? The thought of changing for anyone appalled him. If you loved someone you did not try to change them, you accepted them for who they were. If Maverick wished him as something other than he was he would just have to accept that they would never be. It would kill his heart, but it would be what it would be.

Just as his heart began to sank, just as Maverick opened his mouth to speak, something smacked into his head. Small claws tangled and pulled at his hair, and instantly he knew what was upon him, and rage filled him. Of all the times for the annoying beast to come fluttering in! He had been about to get something, anything, the tiniest scrap of validation from Maverick, and the imp had ruined it all. Snarling at his lover's barely contained laughter he reached a hand up and swatted the small demon hard.

"Get off me you disgusting little pest!" The edge to his voice threatened even greater violence. "And if you're going to laugh you can get off too." He bucked Maverick off of him and stood up with a scowl, already reaching for his clothes. His head was sore, several strands of hair had been pulled out as he'd sent the small creature sprawling, plus he probably had been scratched by those annoying little claws.

GoblinFae

Maverick fell off his lover and onto the bed with a bouncing thud. "So if I wasn't laughing at you does that mean I can get back on," he remarked, eyes firmly riveted to the naked rear moving within his field of vision. "I rather liked my perch, thank you very much!"

From where he lounged, the mercury-eyed demon could not help but focus all his attention on the scantily clad form before him. While he had not gone without over the past few decades that did not mean that any of his past conquests ever came close to matching Senji for his physique. The demon had the body of a god and oh how Maverick loved to worship it. If only he could convince Senji to walk a little closer to be re-ensnared for a bit.

Amdoska on the other hand was quite busy. While his master paid no attention to his careening form, he had already devised a plan to wreak his revenge by the time he had righted  himself. Diving into one of the currently unnoticed but sought after boots, he endeavored to lay in wait for the promised foot that would require entry into its dark depths.

Curled up on the bottom though he found himself quite bored and cramped. He therefore took it upon himself to make himself comfortable as his master would have wanted by clawing and chewing through the bottom, creating massive rivets that would become holes as he went along. It was good to be home!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"No." The words were spit out harshly and hatefully. It wasn't Maverick he was so angry with. Maybe it wasn't even the stupid imp.

Under other circumstances Senji might have delighted in how those mercury eyes admired his form, he took excellent care of his body and kept himself in tight shape, in his line of work it was not only necessary, but it also fed his vanity. Right now, however, he barely even noticed. That imp was going to get it one of these days. He would send that wretched creature back to hell and to hell with Maverick if he tried to stop him. As he plotted his revenge he picked up his pants and shirt, bunching them up in his arms as he stalked over to the chair Maverick had surprised him from earlier.

Plopping down he started by pulling the shirt over his head, by now his intentions were quite obvious. Senji was dressing to leave. Putting up with an annoying, lesser demon was not something he was in a mood for. He had gotten a chokehold on his rage, feeding his emotions into it; better to keep the fires of anger burning than let them smolder into something closer to despair. When Amdoska was not there, it was easy enough to forget about the imp. With the insufferable creature back, he couldn't stand the thought of staying.

Secretly he wanted to cry. His reunion, what should have been a purely joyous occasion, was marred by the creature's very existence. Senji was so jealous of the imp he couldn't stand it. Maverick adored the thing. How that pesky creature could so win Maverick's affection, and so much of it, and here he couldn't even wrestle a scrap of recognition from his lover. Yes, stoke the anger; he couldn't give in to despair. Not now, not with Maverick watching. The other demon would have laughed at him had he even knew a hint of what went on in Senji's aching heart. Senji just knew it.

GoblinFae

While the imp continued his vandalism, his master watched Senji dress to leave with a stony expression. He did not dare let the hurt show as it would be considered a weakness that his lover would be sure to take advantage of. Senji knew enough about him already; he did not need anymore fuel or the fire.

With a heavy sigh, he rolled off the bed and slowly made his way over to scoop his robe back up before draping it over his shoulders. He did not even bother to tie it as there was nothing to hide His pants though were nowhere to be found, having been discarded during the heat of passion without care.

Watching his lover ready himself to leave made Maverick want to drop to his knees and beg him not to go. Yet, he knew better. He was letting his heart get involved when their interactions had always been strictly business with dalliances on the side to relieve stress. Besides, begging was not something either of them did. It was another submission, another point to the score and he would not suffer himself to receive that mark against him.

'If he wants to leave then he can leave. I'm not going to stop him,' he tried to convince himself even has his feet carried him over to stand in front of the crimson-eyed demon. Maverick wanted nothing more than to find something to make him stay and yet there were no suitable words for it.

Instead a hand reached out to playfully tug on a wisp of the other man's hair. A smile twitched the corner of his mouth but no warmth reached the rest of his disposition. 'Stay, stay, STAY!' his mind screamed over and over but not a single word passed his lips. Maverick lowered his head in shame. He was a coward a hundred times over and did not deserve his demon's attention anymore than he had already received.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Senji's clothes seemed to struggle with him, as he grumbled trying to get his arms through the sleeves and jerking his shirt roughly on, not bothering to straighten it. He didn't want to dress. He didn't want to leave. More than anything he wanted to be with Maverick, and they had only just been reunited, but he could not make himself stop dressing. Maybe it was his pride, or just outright jealousy that fueled him. Why did the imp get Maverick's love when he couldn't have it? It wasn't fair!

As his lover stood in front of him and gave a playful tug on his hair he jerked his head to the side and stood up, stepping into his pants. Annoyance were all that flashed in those crimson eyes as he snapped at the other demon. "What do you want? Your stupid pet is here, go play with it. Or were you eager to see it rip out some more of my hair?"

He brushed past Maverick and found one of his boots, then lifted the other and found it to be abnormally heavy. Snarling he threw the boot against the wall, imp and all. "Stop messing with me you little pest before I rip off your tail and shove it down your throat." He threw the second boot at the first for good measure. All the rage and jealousy were unbearable. Senji began tucking in his shirt even as he headed back for the window he'd entered in. Apparently the boots were expendable.

'Ask me to stay, please, don't let me just walk away. I don't want to leave you, but I'm not strong enough to stay on my own. Please...'

GoblinFae

A stony facade slammed into place as Maverick felt his hurt crushed under Senji's metaphorical boot. "You act as if this is what I want," he replied softly, a steely edge tainting his tone. These were not the sounds of quiet submission but subdued pain and anger. How dare the other seek him out only to leave soon after. He was a demon and this child's senior, he was owed a modicum of respect.

'Am I really?' the voice of insecurity taunted within his mind. Doors were slammed up against that too as he struggled to convince the other to stay.

"You think this is what I really want?" he repeated again, staring coldly at the other man. Maverick shook his head sharply, turning instead to face his emerging pet. Amdoska limped towards him, one wing bent and dragging behind him as he approached his master. For a moment the mercury-eyed demon was forced to shutter his eyes to calm his breathing while he came to a decision.

With a well-practiced wave of his hand, he chanted a few words under his breath then sent out a small runed ring of electric blue down towards the imp. Without another word he turned his back to imp and demon both, approaching a small wash basin and pitcher. He filled it up distractedly, trying to give himself to do as he fought back hot tears with a bowed head. Maverick refused to beg for Senji to stay but he desperately hoped nonetheless that he would.

As his back was turned away from the pair though he never saw the antagonistic leer his pet sent towards the crimson-eyed prince as it straightened from its "wounded" posture on its way to the portal that would take it back to the netherworld where it would wait and revitalize until being summoned back once more.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Senji refused to look at Maverick, he couldn't look at him. Already he wanted nothing more than to cry from the ache in his chest. The longing was unbearable, and yet so forbidden. 'What you want? What am I to think you want? Oh why won't you just tell me? I want to hear it. I need to know.' Senji could almost laugh, a bitter, hallow laugh, but it would be laughter nonetheless. Almost. The irony that he needed an answer to a question he could never ask was enough to crush his soul.

He gave a glance at the imp as it limped out of his boot and towards Maverick. The prince sneered in disgust. How he loathed that creature, and he knew that the feeling was mutual. What he wouldn't have given to trade places with Amdoska, even if only for a short time. Senji would have killed to get even a fraction of the affection Maverick shared with the imp. When his lover summoned a portal to take the creature away he was slightly surprised. Had he done that just for him? Undoubtedly he was seeing too much into the gesture, surely Maverick would not send away his pet just to please him.

Crimson eyes shot the foul little beast a murderous glare before turning away to look at Maverick, who had turned his back on him. His pride told him to go, but his heart screamed at him to stay. For a moment he could only glance between the window and his lover in indecision before he turned away from the window and strode across the room on his long legs. His arms wrapped about his lover's waist as he pressed against his back. Why couldn't he just hold him for the sake of holding him? Why couldn't they just enjoy each other without all the bickering, the hurtful words, the back and forth?

Of course he knew exactly why, because he was a stubborn fool and his heart would lead him down a road of disaster. It was just like him to want what he could never have, and he hated himself for it. His heart was punishing him by falling in love with someone who would never love him back. Still, he clung to Maverick, metaphorically and at the moment physically too. His voice was a soft murmur, perhaps seductive, or perhaps just tired and drawn. "What do you want, Maverick? Do you want me to stay and plan our next adventure? Or maybe you want to roll around in the sheets some more?"

GoblinFae

Maverick stilled in his movements as those strong arms wound about him, imprisoning him in place. Yet, it did not feel like a prison. The pair fit together perfectly and it did not escape him how his head naturally fell back to rest on Senji's shoulder in the crook of his neck as if the place had been made just for him to do that.

Reaching down, he pulled his companion's right hand up from his waist and across his chest to rest on Maverick's left shoulder, effectively wrapping himself into the other man's embrace. It sent great big shivers up and down his spine to feel the heat of his lover so close at his back and all around him. To know that the object of all his desires was right there doing exactly what he always wanted without any of the emotion that Maverick so desperately sought behind it.

With his eyes closed, he enjoyed the moment, breathing in Senji's scent and basking in his warmth. When he did reply it was in a soft voice, lacking the steel of a few moments before. It was the tone of something Maverick could not even explain. It felt strange hearing it come from his own mouth as he made such an open admission that part of him hoped would go unrecognized. For to have it noticed and rejected would be the ultimate betrayal to his heart.

"I have all that I want right here."

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, his stomach clenched in fear. He did not wish to pull away. Worse yet, he had no desire to ruin that moment with his usual levity meant to hide his heart. "And you," he questioned instead, "is it time to play or time to work, Senji?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Senji wasn't sure exactly what he was expecting when he'd wrapped Maverick up in his arms once more. Perhaps to be shrugged off and dismissed, he figured his lover was either angry or annoyed with him, especially after he'd 'hurt' the other demon's little pet. He could have maybe expected some sassy or sarcastic wit from his love, but what he got was much different than the reception he'd imagined. It made his heart flutter to feel his lover pressed so lovingly against him.

His head tilted to lightly rest his head against Maverick's as it settled into the crook of his neck. His hand hardly needed to be guided as he eagerly tightened his hold on the other; pulling Maverick against him, delighting in the feel of the shivers that coursed through his lover. If felt good to hold him like this, the moment was deeply intimate for him, but he couldn't dare hope that Maverick sensed or felt the moment like he did. Those shivers were probably ones of lust. They had quite vigorously made love not long ago and the memories of their bodies moving together were still burned through Senji's flesh in a most pleasing way.

Yes, that was all it was. Maverick was still lusting after him, twenty years apart was a long time, and even he could admit that he had missed his lover's body. Still, the heart-wrenching thought that perhaps the only person he had ever fully and truly loved did not love him back would not stop him from enjoying the feeling of being pressed up against the other, of breathing in his rich, sweet scent. A moment later even time seemed to stand still.

Senji stiffened at the words, he did not recognize the tone, and he feared that it was a cruel ploy on Maverick's part. He couldn't really mean that, could he? His heart and stomach were all aflutter at the very idea that maybe, some small part of Maverick did hold some affection for him. After a moment his body relaxed and he squeezed his lover tighter, wanting the moment to never end as he realized that he'd been asked a question.

"Are those the only two options? If you have all you want right here, then what if all I want at this moment is you?" The words were a breathless whisper, he never wanted the moment to end, and he feared speaking any louder might have shattered the fragile edge they seemed to be standing on.

GoblinFae

He did not reply, at least not verbally. Maverick was too afraid that if he opened his fool mouth, he would forever regret it. There were only two groupings of things he could say to Senji right then and neither of them would have saved him from heartache. For one had him confessing all and destroying himself from the inside out while the other was the return to his jovial defense mechanism. The demon was sure though if he chose the second route that his lover would pull away and that was the last thing he wanted right now. Right he could pretend. Right now he could hope.

So he said nothing. His head turned to press an uncharacteristically tender peck to Senji's cheek before nosing into the warm and tender flesh of the other demon's neck. He hated the way shivers continued to wrack up and down his spine, practically screaming of his weakness for this red-eyed prince. Maverick had no free-will in the face of any of Senji's requests. He would do whatever the other asked of him with only a front of resistance. There was no denying his lover and Maverick was almost certain that Senji knew that fact already quite well.

Nuzzling and pressing further back against the body that held him so close, he mumbled tiredly against the flesh just beneath his lips. "You're warm. Why are you always so warm?" Maverick loved it, the way he seemed to be on fire whenever the demon at his back touched. Now wrapped within his embrace he felt scorched as the heat spread from his back to chest and belly.

Moments like these he could pretend that he was allowed to love this man. He could believe that they were just two lovers entwined in a peaceful moment of shared passion, that they both burned with the heat of the heart. If was for this selfish reason that Amdoska had been sent away. The imp was prone to ruining times like these for his master and Maverick did not want that. He longed for this. Even though in his mind he was the only one to struggle with these turbulent emotions that could very well be the end of him, he could not think of a more lovely way to burn.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Senji could not believe that Maverick had allowed him to linger over this precious moment for so long. Truly he had expected the other to break the mood, to pull away or do something other than what he was doing. He couldn't bring himself to do or say much for fear of shattering whatever effect had settled over them. The way Maverick's body shivered against his made him tingle all over. His eyes slid closed languidly as he received the soft kiss to his cheek.

His head tilted slightly, allowing Maverick better access to his neck. Senji felt vulnerable right now, his heart was protected by only a fragile shield, at any moment he thought it could burst. All it would take was one derisive comment from his lover. He hated to feel weak, but he knew he was. Maverick would be his downfall. The man could have turned the tables so easily upon him; he was at the other demon's mercy. Emotionally speaking. It was a perfect moment to tell his lover everything, to just let the words gush out. If he did, he knew that Maverick could take that weakness, that love, and use it against him.

That thought was enough to nearly bring him to his knees. It was Senji's own fault that this had happened. You never allowed yourself to become emotionally attached to someone, anyone that would be in a position to use it against you. He'd broken that rule, and he had taught Maverick to exploit just such a weakness. He sighed heavily; drawing away from the other and pacing tiredly back to the bed. To end the contact hurt him, it had felt so good to hold him like that, but to cling to him for too long was only inviting heartache.

'I'm always warm because you set my blood on fire. I could burn in the flames of my passion for you.'

But he couldn't say that out loud. Instead he went back to the bed and sank down onto it; the thought of leaving Maverick had gone completely. There was nowhere in the world he'd rather be than right where he was. "We should rest. There's a lot of work to do if we're going to exploit rich fools in Connlaoth."

GoblinFae

Maverick did not mean to, but it happened before he even realized what he had done. The moment Senji pulled away from him he whined a high-pitched keen of displeasure and sorrow. In a way he could understand his own pet's grumblings when Amdoska was periodically sent away for one reason or another. Maverick had without a doubt become a slave to Senji's affections, a duckling that was sure to follow wherever the other went.

He remembered in the beginning how hard he had fought against it. He was so sure of his independence and his strength. But, Senji was stronger, always the opposing force that yanked him back and forced him to heel, to submit and recognize his own inferiority in the face of the other demon's unyielding and unshakable power.

Later he became resigned to always feeling this longing. But knowing that he would feel this way and actually feeling it were two very different things. It seemed that with every look, every touch, every word that Senji gifted him was just another hook that latched on, digging in deeper to hold him in place. Always tugging at him, always reeling him back until he was where in belonged at the other demon's side. Maverick feared the day he would lose all freedom to walk away. For when that day came, he knew Senji would call him on it. There was no way the prince of demons would not notice that no matter how much he tried to drive Maverick away the man would just not go. No form of abuse would be enough. That day would be Maverick's end but he hoped on the darkest and loneliest of nights that it would also be a new beginning for him, for them.

Drawing his robe closer about himself, he shot a mock-glare towards his lover as he strode closer. "I tell you, you're warm and you leave. Some blanket you make!" As if it meant nothing to him at all and was simply a normal gesture, Maverick plopped himself down in the other demon's lap, pressing close chest to chest while once more winding Senji's arms about his torso.

"For that I make you both pillow and blanket now. Better not disappoint, I need my beauty sleep since we both can't go around looking like scruffy mongrels," he jested, knocking the side of his head playfully against his lover's own.

It did not escape him though how tense his arms felt as they fought to relax and hang loosely instead of grapple and cling onto Senji. Maverick so desperately wanted to lock himself in place and never let go. If he was rejected tonight after everything, his heart would shatter. He could pretend all he wanted that he enjoyed his twenty years away, in truth it was nice to have time alone. But, he always found himself longing more for his lover than his empty bed. It was only stubbornness and pride that ever kept him away so long. But, tonight he wanted Senji and nothing else. He did not want to be driven away when they had only just returned to their old ways. The day of his ending may be drawing near, but he wished with all his might that that decision, that end and possible beginning would not be this night. It was too soon, and he was not ready. Although if he was honest with himself, he never would be.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]