Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Faded Memories (Closed)

Started by Ericnox, March 14, 2013, 01:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ericnox

Seven days after the report that Ericnox Lightsoul had fallen from grace, a pair of paladin was dispatched to bring him in for his crimes against the church. Standing atop a hill, Ericnox was waiting for them. He could FEEL their arrival, and he was oddly calm. The fresh gemstone in his eye burned as he waited.

"They will try to kill you... Or maim you and take you back to that man..." The voice in his head whispered.

"I know. I won't let it happen. I'll butcher them as they ordered my sister killed..." He responded, drawing his blades as the men moved into view, sliding off their horses. "That is close enough. Turn around and leave, and you might be able to see your families for a while longer."

The men laughed at Eric. They had been true Paladin's after all, the righteousness of their cause pushed them forward and they knew they would prevail... At least in their own minds. Eric's hands gripped his sword hilts as they charged forward. The first one brought his sword down only to feel the clang of steel. Eric had parried a blade with his short sword, and his bastard sword and cutting into the man's leg with the unholy blade.

Screaming out, he staggered back, the other Paladin moving in and raising his shield to block Eric's attack. The blade smashed against the shield with insane force. Eric's form was amazing and he was more battle hardened than either of them had expected. Stepping back, Ericnox leveled his blades and looked at them, the red eye glinting in the light of the evening sun.

The paladin stepped forward and brought his blade to bare, swinging down and being parried by Eric's bastard sword. The paladin had felt he had the advantage, he was going to swing in with his shield, pushing him back and catching him by surprise, allowing him to plunge his blade into the fallen warrior and end the fight...

At least that's how it would have gone. The strike was flawless, Eric's parry perfect as he had expected. When he prepared the shield bash however, Eric had shifted, rolling off the blade and bringing himself to the exposed side of the Paladin. His eyes opened wide in horror as the blades of the Fallen Paladin crossed in front of him, swinging out and leaving his chest open... But it didn't matter. The blades tore into the steel, flesh, and bone of the elder knights neck. Once the muscles quivered, the body fell slack. The head rolled to the injured paladin who looked at Ericnox in terror.

"He is scared of you... I can see it. Kill him."

Eric smirked at him. "Fear not... You won't die... Go home, tell the priests not to come after me again. If you do... There will be nothing left in my wake by the dead. Their bones will pave my path to their doorstep and I will butcher them as well."

With that, Eric turned away, cleaning his blades off and sheathing them. He didn't care anymore about these fools. They had been bested, and the survivor would was alive to tell the tale. After all, if he died, who would tell them to stay away?

Tags: