Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood of Ash

Started by Zero, April 07, 2013, 09:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Blood of Ash

Founding by the Dark God
Founded by the first Incarnation of their Dark God, Ashlar Temperance Mordeth, the Blood of Ash is a cult devoted to blood magic and ritualistic sacrifice. They worship their Dark God by making sacrifices to his current Incarnation. Each Incarnation is eventually usurped by a chosen son. The length of their reign varies from Incarnation to Incarnation. Each new Incarnation is said to be more powerful than the last.

First Incarnation: Ashlar Temperance Mordeth
Second Incarnation: Nostrael Dorgan Mordeth
Third Incarnation: Azrael Wraith Mordeth

Cult Hierarchy
The Incarnation is the highest authority within the cult, obviously. However, there are layers upon layers of social order within the ranks of his followers. There is the Prophet, usually the chosen son, and heir to the Dark God's legacy. When the Dark God slumbers, it is the Prophet who is the voice of the Dark God. When the Prophet speaks his word is to be obeyed as if given by the Incarnation himself. Closely behind the Prophet are the Dark God's other offspring. They are worshipped as demi-gods within the cult.

Next in line is the High Priest or Priestess. This is a cultist who has earned the trust and favor of the Incarnation or the Prophet. They lead the cult's religious rites and ceremonies. Aside from the Incarnation and his offspring, this is the most powerful individual within the cult. It takes years of dedicated service and devotion to earn such high favor and the High Priest or Priestess is only replaced when they have either died or stepped down.

The Incarnation must produce heirs to his great legacy. In order to do this, Brides are chosen by the Incarnation to carry his unholy offspring. To be chosen by the Incarnation is considered a great honor, and the cultists will often kidnap young women to offer to the Incarnation. The Brides of the Incarnation are worshipped and adored by the cultists. They are the Queens of the cult and are well-treated. However, their position is ceremonial. They hold no true power, and though the lower cultists will obey them, the Prophet and High Priest or Priestess do not have to. However, Brides cannot be commanded by the High Priest or Priestess, even the Prophet and Demi-gods would respectfully request for orders to be followed. Brides answer only to the Incarnation.

The Priests and Priestesses serve the High Priest or Priestess, helping them to carry out their sacred duties. They are the governing body of the cult. The everyday running of the cult falls to them. They police the other cultists, acting as judge, jury, and executioner in matters of disobedience or betrayal. They have the authority to perform these tasks without direct supervision from any higher individual. If caught abusing their power, however, the punishments are severe.

Beyond the Priests and Priestesses are simply the run of the mill cultists. Those that worship, follow, and obey, but who have not yet earned a higher calling within the order. These men and women are treated as servants, and they often willingly sacrifice themselves to the Incarnation.

Tenants of Ash
Thou shalt obey me in all things, for I am the Darkness, and you are my shadows.
Thou shalt praise none before me, for I am the Darkness, and you are my blood.
Thou shalt sacrifice to me the wicked and deserving, for I am the Darkness, and they are my due.
Thou shalt not harm the little children, for I am the Darkness, and they are my promised.
Thou shalt not draw attention to our cause from the unfaithful, for I am the Darkness, and am to remain pure.
Thou shalt not betray your brothers and sisters, for I am the Father, and this is our family.

Role Call
The Incarnation: Azrael Wraith Mordeth
The Prophet: Raven Wolfgang Mordeth
Demi-gods: Tempt Valor Mordeth (Deceased), Ashlar Wraith Mordeth
The High Priest(ess): Open
Brides: Shamira
Priests and Priestesses: Open
Cultists: Kharn, Open

-----------------------------

Positions stated as open are just that, open to be joined to. The High Priest/Priestess and Brides must meet be pre-approved. Submit those applications here. Just some basic information about the character, their history with the cult, and why they would have that position will be sufficient.

paganchick

Valery is a promising new member of the cult who seems to have the right mentality for it, obey with out question. She actively seeks to be Azrael bride, wanting to be taken under his wings, someone who could help her embrace being a vampire instead of trying to fight it like her maker. She also wishes to have a child and sees no better option than having the child have a strong powerful father.

(hope this is okay)

GoblinFae

I know she's not one of the needing pre-approval characters but I wasn't sure if you needed to add her to the ranks or not. This would be Shamira a Priestess of Ash. Let me know if you think I should fix anything or have suggestions ^.^
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

GoblinFae

And yet another new guy. :) I just couldn't resist. This is the cultist Kharn
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Tags: