Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Coldest Day of the Year

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Killian noticed the girl's alarm and lowered his arm, his smile fading as he looked at her.
"Are you sure you're alright?" he inquired, genuinely concerned. "You seem afraid."T hen he realized.. "I'm not here to hurt you." Had somebody hurt her before, besides those guards? She must still be upset over that and his frown deepened at the thought.

"Hey, don't worry about it." he said, realizing she was worried she might have too much food. "Just eat what you can. I'm sure you're a ball of nerves after what happened today." He shook his head. "It irritates me people can act so callous towards people. What with all of the chaos revolving around mages, it seems people are using that as an excuse to claim anyone who is poor or magical as a criminal." Cause he knew not everyone that was sent up north was a mage. Some of them were just poor nad wanted to remain with their family, that may or may not have been true mages, but had been accused. Some of them were just blatant criminals, being locked away with innocence, and it made his own stomach churn to remember it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita took a deep breath, almost a sigh of relief, it seemed the man wasn't going to hit her. It seemed that he actually had a heart, which she found to be very rare among Connloath, especially now with the mage wars going on.
"Yes... I am fine," She spoke her eyes looking at the stew in front of her, her heart still beating frantically in her chest. Her heart skipped a beat when he spoke of not hurting her, she looked up at him, her eyes a bit wide, if his words were honest, it was shocking.
"Thank you," She said after swallowing, it seemed she had run across a patch of luck.

"You have no idea," She started, tearing a piece of bread to dip in the soup. She moved her hand to her face, feeling the bruise that was still there. No one could really understand unless they grew up in the middle of the abusive crazy chaos she had.
She dipped the bread in the stew, "Why did you save me, most soldiers wouldn't have, most would have joined in," She spoke before putting the bread into her dry mouth.

visualspice

The woman was so shy and meek, and he could not help himself but let his heart go out to her. But it was her last question that really got him as he found himself staring at her, uncertain what to say.

"I.. I um.. well I..." he was fumbling over his words, and the crust of bread upon his plate. "Well, to be completely honest," he said, stilling his hands over the table as he sighed. "I've been a soldier for such a brief time, but even I've grown tired of their philosophy. The entire nation seems to try to drill it in our heads that anyone could be the enemy. But I don't see it that way. How can everyone be our enemy? Who would there be left to protect?" He looked upat her, then quickly blushed and cast his eyes back down onto the table. "Er, I'm sorry. I misspoke. You probably didn't want to hear the bantering of a soldier anyhow. And I didn't bring you here to have you give me pity. I.. well, perhaps we ought to just enjoy this soup?" he suggested, trying to smile, but it was a smile that did not reach his eyes and quickly faded away from his lips.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita took several sips of stew as she listened to him. She found it rather curious the way he stumbled over his words, almost as if her presents made him nervous. She couldn't understand how it would, she was a starving girl covered in dirt. If she was attractive no one could tell, or at least that is what she thought.

"It is nice to be the one giving the pity for once," She spoke, looking up at him briefly, catching the fading smile. Her nurturing caring side felt bad, wanted to somehow comfort him but she was afraid, she didn't want to overstep her place. She slowly reached across the table, putting her hand gently on his, her thumb gently running over his skin.
"Actually, I would love to hear your thoughts, I haven't seen the world from a soldier's point of view, it would be nice... You can continue if you wish," She spoke her voice soft, barely above a whisper with a hint of fear.

visualspice

Killian's eyes shot to hers the moment her eyes met to his. But then he down cast his gaze and shook his head.
"No.. unfortunately, I've probably said to much." He tried to smile, but it was a little forced. "As a soldier, you obey orders." And he looked up at her, studying her, realizing.. if he had to, he'd be forced to take her to jail. He was relieved to be off for the next few weeks. He should probably head home. the only problem with that was by the time he'd get there, he'd have to leave the same day to get back to duty. "This week I was just lucky enough to have off since they're regrouping and reconfiguring my order." He shrugged lightly, sighing after he did so and just looked at her with a more genuine smile.
"What about you? Do you work somewhere in Matron's Hallow?"
Naturally.. he had no idea she was so poor or a beggar, and had almost but forgotten what dragged her in here. He was just happy to put the conversation away from talk about soldiering and maybe onto something a little less... tense.

OOC: lol...

paganchick

Solita pulled her hand back slowly. She could see the forced smile, it made her feel sad for him. She would consider giving him a hug if she didn't fear his reaction, she didn't want to get beat again. Yes he had said that he wasn't there to hurt her, still, people could change their minds or worse, lie.
"Who do you think would hire me?" She asked her voice soft as she looked down, "Plus, do you think I would have tried to steal if I had any money?"
"I was born an orphan in a debtor's house," She revealed after a moment, her voice soft, almost fragile sounding, it lacked the gentle warmth it usually held.

visualspice

Killian felt a million daggers boring into his back. He felt awful. Why did he always choose the wrong things to say?

"I'm sorry," he said quickly, staring down at the table through long lashes. "I hadn't realized.. I.. you don't have to talk about it if it makes you upset." Though if she wanted an open ear, he'd be obliged to listen.

paganchick

Solita sat there in silence for a moment, taking a deep breath.
"I'm sure you don't want to hear my sob story," She finally spoke, offering a forced smile, tearing off a piece of bread.
"I didn't come here for your pity," She said, mimicking what he had said earlier, offering a more sincere smile. 

visualspice

Killian's face went long. But he understood.He simply nodded, cleairng his throat, since it had been tightening and gave a nod of his head.
"So ..er.. would you be interested in some of that sweet pie? As I said earlier, it's very good." And again he tried to smile, hoping to lighten the mood.

paganchick

Solita looked down at her half eaten bread and barely touched stew.
"I don't want to waste this... I, I need to try to eat this and I doubt I can eat all of this and a piece of pie. I am already nearly stuffed," She explained, eyes cast down in a bit of shame.
She didn't want to make him feel bad, that wasn't her intent, but she didn't want to waste anything because she knew what it was like to go without.

visualspice

Killian smiled.
"Are you sure?" he said, still pressing the question jovially. "The pie IS really good. But perhaps I can order myself a slice and you can merely try it?" He raised his brows at the question, waiting to see if she'd oblige.

paganchick

Solita took several more sips of the stew in silence, looking back up at him after she swallowed the stew.
"Well, I guess I will try a bite if you order some, if you want me to," She said with a soft blush, looking back down quickly.

visualspice

Killian smiled. Despite the fact he seemed rather pushy about this pie, it was definitely something to brag about. He had only been here a short time and it was already his favorite pie in all of Connloath.
"Alright then. I shall order us some," and he turned around, gesturing to the bar maid and ordered a slice. Then, as the maid went off to get some, he turned to her with a smile, which soon turned awkward as he was trying to figure out what else to say.

"So erm... do you have any family nearby?" Again, another dumb question- he had almost forgotten she mentioned being an orphan until he corrected him. "I mean to say her.. you know, friends or somethign that er.. live nearby." Wow, was he making himself appear quite the fool!

paganchick

Solita took a few more bites of her stew as Killian ordered. If she ever got the coin somehow she would definitely spend it here on the stew, it was amazing. All the food was good, of course when one didn't hardly eat, most food was heavenly.
The mention of family made her frown though, it made her heart hurt a little. She had none and it was hard to make friends when you were poor, plus with the mage wars it was even harder. She felt ashamed. Her blush grew darker,

"No, I.. I don't have anyone," She spoke, her voice clearly showing her sadness.

visualspice

If Killian already wasn't feeling an idiot, her sad voice definitely did him in.
"Hey look," he said after a time, drawing in a careful breath before reaching out a hand to her's. "I didn't mean any offense. I... sort of didn't realize the question. You sort of told me you were an orphan and well I... I just thought well..." he shook his head. "I'm just ... sorry."
Yeah, it was best to keep quiet now before making things worse. Ugh.

paganchick

"No, no, no," She spoke her voice just a whisper, "No reason for you to be sorry, you didn't know," She spoke, trying to be as comforting as she could. She knew he hadn't meant to upset her, it was clear that he hadn't by the way he responded.

visualspice

It was then the pie was served. Thank the Gods! Once it was placed infront of them, Killian was smiling again.
"Here, do you want the first bite?" he offered, pushing it near to her.

paganchick

"No, it is your pie, you should have the first bite," Solita replied before taking another bite of her stew, it was now almost gone. Half of the bread on the other hand remained untouched.
She looked up at him, waiting for him to take a bite.

visualspice

Killian blinked, but shrugged when she refused.
"Alright, alright. But I'm telling you.." he said, digging his spoon into the pie. "The first bite is normally the most heavenly." and he slipped the spoon clean into his mouth and moaned a little.
"Gods, this pie.." he shook his head, not able to believe it could be so good. And he even helped himself to a second bite before pushing the plate towards her.
"Go on. At least give it a small try." And he smiled at her, his lips tugging more left than right.

paganchick

Solita had an odd look on her face as he moaned, she found it a bit odd. She didn't judge though, to each their own. She hesitated after the plate was passed to her, slowly though she took her spoon and got a small bite. She looked at it carefully before putting it in her mouth.
She quickly understood why he moaned. He was right, that was the best thing she had ever tasted. If happiness could be made as a food, it would definitely be that pie. A broad smile spread across her face. She wanted more, her stomach seeming to magically make room. She sat her spoon down and looked away though. She didn't want to eat all of his and didn't want to add to his bill anymore either.