Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Coldest Day of the Year

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Killian gave her another broad grin.
"It's good huh?" And he took another bite and gestured for her to have some more. "Go ahead and have another bite. I did order it so we can share. And if you like it enough I dont mind ordering another slice."

"Actually.." the bar miad interrupted as she came back with clothe napkins for the pair of them. "That was the last slice, Killian. But they should have some more made for tomorrow."

"Oh.. well then.. perhaps I can treat you to some mroe tomorrow then?" Killian said with a laugh and smile. "That is to say, if you'd like to come back for some more at that.. erm.. time."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita watched him as he took another bite. She knew she should have just let him eat it all but it was just so good. So when he offered for her to take another bite she did. This bite though she savored more than the first.

She was just about to plead more him to get another slice when the barmaid slashed her hopes. She frowned softly. She couldn't get mad or upset, she should be happy that she was getting to experience that pie at all. So she took a deep breath, pushing the negative emotions away.

She looked up once she heard Killian's voice once more. Was he asking her out on a date? If he was it would be a first. She looked down, a dark blush forming on her face. She knew she had nothing better to do and she liked the man's company.
"I would love to," She sighed deeply, "Though I am sure by the morning you will change your mind."

visualspice

Killian's smile broadened, but then soon he was laughing at her words.
"I highly doubt that. Especially if there's sweet pie involved!" And his grin now reached his ears as he looked her over. "I"m just happy you seem to enjoy it as much as me."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita didn't understand this man, she quickly wondered why everyone in Connloath couldn't be more like him. If they were it would surely be a better place. '
Her blush grew darker as she sat there in silence for a moment, "I meant you might not want me to come, you don't need me to eat pie," She replied looking up at him from beneath her thick blonde lashes.

visualspice

Killian was just in the middle of taking another bite of pie when he suddenly choked on it after hearing her words. Inhaling the pie was no where near as good as actually chewing and swallowing it, so after a good few fist pounding to his chest, he chugged down some water and finally got the thing down.
By then, his face was a burning mess, but despite that..
he smiled.

"Well I.. er.. it just seems you're awfully lonely and well, er.." he rubbed nervously at the back of his neck. "I haven't had some sane company for a while. You wouldn't understand. A soldiers life... well.." he paused and frowned a little as he looked down at his cup of water. "It was a lot different than I had expected before I had joined the ranks." His frown deepend as he noticed how distorted his face had become while he continued to study his reflection in the glass of water. "A lot different."  And there was no speak of an internal war...

paganchick

Solita jumped as she heard him cough, she wasn't expecting it. It honestly made her panic, was the only man who had ever been kind to her going to choke and die? With her luck there was a possibility. She still looked a bit sad, though she doubted he would see it. She knew he would get orders once off leave and be gone. Once again she would be left without a friend, on her own.

"I'm sorry," she finally spoke. She felt bad for him. She also understood how it could be something completely different then what he had expected. She had often heard boys speaking of becoming soldiers, especially those in the more rural parts of the country. Talking about becoming brave heroes. The thing was, being a soldier was rarely that glamorous. She wasn't a soldier, no, but she had seen some of the horrific things they had done.

visualspice

"What are you apologizing for?" And here, Killian smiled at her. "You haven't done anything wrong." And then to prove his point, he pushed the plate forward with the last piece of pie on it.
"Here, why don't you have the last bite? I don't think I could eat anymore of it anyways." he said, patting his belly pleasingly.

paganchick

"You should eat it... It is your pie," Solita spoke softly.
She slowly moved her spoon to the pie, giving him plenty of time to change his mind. She knew he had to be giving her that pie because he felt bad, not because he couldn't eat anymore. He was a man, a soldier, so she was sure he could easily eat more than she ever could.
Still she ate the last bit of pie without a fight, enjoying it while it was there for her to enjoy.

visualspice

Killian smiled then settled into the chair, feeling sleepy and enjoying the warmth of the tavern now that he was full. The fire in the hearth was heavenly, which sure beat the chilling cold of outside. Connlaoth winters were very harsh, and this one was no exception. It was after a time of studying the place, the decorations on the mantle above the fire place, and the people who had come to gather in such a place did he finally turn his blue eyes back to Solita.

"It's sure nice in here, huh?" he said, never the best man at small talk. "Nice and well.." he rubbed his hands together with a smile. "Warm."

paganchick

Solita put her hands on her stomach and leaned back in her chair. She could probably fall asleep right there. For once her fingers and toes were not numb and her stomach was full. It was an extremely nice feeling. Though Killian's next words did nothing to help the warm feeling of happiness that was spreading through her form.

His words reminded her that she would have to go back into the harsh cold. Spend the night out in the harsh cold as she tried to seek any type of shelter that would block just a portion of the bone chilling wind.

visualspice

Her silence had him concerned, so when he was complacent a moment ago, now he leaned forward in his chair.
"Hey, are you alright, Solita?"

paganchick

Solita looked down, a soft blushed rushing to her cheeks, warming her face.
"I was just trying to enjoy this while I have it... I don't get these types of luxuries... I'm..." Solita looked down in shame.
"Once your break is over and there is no one left to take pity on me I will be stuck out there," Solita said, her hand motioning to the door.

visualspice

Killian frowned. He had not stopped to consider that his act of good will would only last a moment. He was happy to be able to do it, but now it was becoming increasingly laced with guilt. He realized, afte ra time, he had gone silent and stared at her, and cleared his throat, but he still felt a knot lodged there, so his voice was a bit scratchy as he spoke.

"I.. I'm sorry to hear that. I.. I hadn't meant to offend you in bringing you here. I... I just thought you looked like you could use a break, a bit of better luck, but I suppose it was foolish and naive of me to assume a single act like this could fix something like that." He lowered his gaze shamefully. "I'm sorry."

paganchick

"Don't be sorry," Solita spoke, her word soft and warm. She reached forward, placing her small hand upon his.
"Why should you be sorry? You haven't offended me. You are giving me something I have never had before, and it is something I will cherish. It is a memory I can hold onto when thing get bad," She spoke, her thumb gently running across the skin of Killian's hand.

visualspice

Killian lifted his eyes at her gesture, smiling subtly, a smile which grew the more he looked at her.
"Say.. I have the whole day off to myself. Have you ever gone fishing? I know it's pretty cold outside but... the fish bite well in the colder months, and not a lot of people try it. Besides, it would give me an opportunity to procure you another meal for free. I've got some equipment stashed in the barracks. I could go fetch it and perhaps this evening, before the sunsets, we could go to the river and see what we can catch."

paganchick

Solita laughed softly, her eyes lighting up.
"No, I have never fished, I don't have anything to fish with, and I would love to go fishing. I am sure the skill could come in handy for me eventually," She spoke. She pulled back her hand slowly, looking down at what was on her side of the table. She picked at the bread slowly, looking down the smile slowly fading from her face.

visualspice

"So it's a date?"
Did he really just say that? Ugh. Either way, he was still smiling.
"If you want, you could wait here while I go fetch the supplies."

paganchick

Solita's face turned a dark shade of red as she looked down. She had never had anything called a "date".
It took a few moments to gather herself enough to reply to Killian.
"Yeah," She spoke, looking up for only a moment before she returned her eyes back down.

visualspice

Killian was all smiles as he left the Inn. There was an extra bounce in his step, an extra swing to his stride, and he actually found himself humming on his way back from the barracks- fishing line and equipment in tow. Stepping back inside the place, it seemed the cold now hardly affected him as he approached Solita again with a broad smile.
"So.. ready for that fishing date?" he said with a gentle laugh.

paganchick

Solita sat in her seat silent. She was a bit nervous if she was being completely honest with herself. She wanted to be happy and excited but her past had taught her to be suspicious of everything always.
She was snapped out of her thoughts by Killian's voice, he was back.
"Yeah," She spoke, a small smile spreading across her face but never reaching her eyes.