Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Coldest Day of the Year

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Killian adjusted the weight of his equipment over his shoulder and gave her a bigger grin, blushing even more when the tavern owners gave the pair of them a once over and a wave as they shouted, "You two have fun!"
Killian waved back, adjusting the equipment once more before smiling down at Solita.
"I hope I didn't have you waiting very long. It took me a while to find everything, and I had to borrow an extra fishing pole from one of my friends. Here," and he handed one over to her as the two walked down the road. "Feel the weight on it. It's light, though pretty sturdy. It's what we'll use to catch us a few fish."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Killian seemed so excited, she found it rather cute, almost boyish.
"No, you didn't take too long. I'm not so full that I can't move anymore," She spoke with a soft chuckle.
Solita took the pole. It wasn't really heavy, she figured she would be able to manage it well enough, especially with all of the food in her belly.

visualspice

Killian gave her a grin.
"Well, be sure to stay close!" and then as he pressed on, he shivered and adjusted his clothing, keeping the scarf tighter to his neck. It was then he realized her lack of clothing, and as the pair began to walk off the beaten trail towards a nearby forest, he began to unravel it from around his neck.
"Here," he said, handing it over to her with a warm smile. "So you don't freeze to death. Take it. We'll be out int he cold for a while. Well.. depending on how well the winter fish bite."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"I wasn't planning on running off. I would surely die," Solita spoke as she walked close beside Killian. She looked over at him as he began to take off his scarf, she found it to be very odd, was he not cold.
When the scarf was offered to her she looked down, a bit of shame on her face. He was giving her his scarf. She took it in her small hands, not putting it on right away. She could feel Killian's warmth still on it.
"I-I shouldn't," She spoke as she looked up at Killain. Still she slowly started to wrap the scarf around her neck. She could smell Killian on it, it made her smile a bit. She looked up at Killian, her mouth now covered by the scarf that was much too long for her small petite body. She feared that once he was gone that someone would think she had stolen it. At least with him here, no one could accuse her, so she pushed the fears of the future out of her mind for a bit.

visualspice

Killian smiled.
"It looks good on you!" he commented with a laugh. "Now come on, you can step where I step. The snow can create drifts, with snow up past my waist, but I'll try to be careful so we don't get stuck out here. Though it's only about a twenty minute walk in good weather, it might take us near an hour just to trek over that way. So stick close." And here, he took her hand and began to slowly walk out through the snow, boots crunching through and his hands and legs pushing forward to make a path. Thankfully the snow was lightly packed, and not the harder stuff. Fighting snow when half of it was ice or like ice, would have proved difficult. But this snow was powdery soft, adn as Killian worked his way through, occasionally wisps of the soft, wet snow would flutter behind him, catching the sun and glitter like silver.

After a time, the pair would crest a hill and Killian ducked low beneath a low hanging tree branch.
"Here, the river's just ahead." and he paused to help guide her so she could paue with him to where there was only a few inches of snow, a small patch of dirt even exposed, beneath the tre. It was harder for the snow to meet here. He was shiverin ga bit, but simply shook it away.

He stared her over a minute as he placed his sack of supplies down and  began to go through it.
"So.. do you know anything about fishing?"

paganchick

Solita followed him through the snow, staying only a step behind him the entire way.
She was quickly thankful for his scarf, it helped her fight against the bitter cold that surrounded her. Plus it smelled like him, a scent she found quickly that she liked.
Then she was asked about fishing. She would have loved to say yes, that she did. She was poor though. So poor she never had that money to get  the gear to fish. If she had she doubted she would be as hungry as she was most of the time.

"N-no," She finally spoke, casting her eyes down in shame.

visualspice

Killian turned back to her with a smile.
"That's quite alright. Not everybody does." And he shrugged it off as if it were no big deal, and began to wrok on his fishing pole, readying it before setting it down across his pack and then moving over towards the frozen river bed.

"Looks like there's a nice layer of ice over it. Hrmm.. " his eyes searched the grounds, looking for some sort of item to break through the ice,a nd found a decent sized rock. Bending over, he brushed the snow off of it before lifting it up with a grunt, then threw it at the river, and wiht a crack and splash, it broke on through, making a nice, cleaning opening.

"There, that ought to do it, we should be able to fish through there. Though we'll have to wait a bit. I bet I scared most of the fish away from that action>" And he rubbed his hands together before looking over at Solita again, studying her sort of attire in the snow.

OOC: What sort of things are Solita wearing for this sort of weather? Just curious XD cause if she's not wearing gloves or something, he might give her his. or if hers are holey, he might trade XD

paganchick

Solita stood there shivering, standing as close to Killian as she could without making herself feel like she was crowding him. She was half scared the ice would start to crack from where Killian had broke it. She would surely die if that happened. She was small and would sink like a rock to the bottom, plus she doubted she would have the energy to fight to the surface once she fell beneath it.

She looked up at Killian her arms crossed over her chest. Her clothes were worn and ragged. She had cloves but they were fingerless and on their last thread so to speak. She wore a dress, it was a little bit thicker than a summer dress, but not by much and she had managed to find a coat that someone had thrown out, though it was stained and had several holes in it. She had boots on, and from the top they appeared to be in half way good condition, but if one were to look at the soles, or the near completely lack there of (having holes worn completely through underneath the balls of her feet) they would see that the boots were no count, especially for winter. 

"H-how long d-do we have t-to wait?" She spoke, shivering.

visualspice

"Not too long, here, why don't you cast your poll in? Just like this," and Killian demonstrated with his own rod, plunking the hooked head into the icy waters and turning to her with a smile. He hadn't quite realized she was freezing cold, despite her shivering, and waited for her to take a turn. "Then we'll have to just wait for the fish to bite."

paganchick

Solita felt a hint of nervousness well in her stomach. What he did seemed easy enough, she still feared messing up somehow. Still she copied his movements the best she could, her body still shivering.
"I-I, hope it isn't t-too long," She spoke looking up at him, taking another step closer. She looked up at him, was he not freezing. She knew he had better clothing and was a strong man but still, the cold was biting into her like a vicious dog, she didn't see how it wouldn't be doing the same to him.

visualspice

As Killian and Solita stood at the edge, in the snowbank that resided along the bank of the river, he started humming softly as he waited to see if the fish would bite. It was only then he realized Solita's shivering,a nd noticed her gloves.

"Say.. er.. aren't your hands freezing?" he said, noticing the hole and patches. "Here," he moved to pull off his gloves, using his teeth and handed them over to her. "Put this on over top of your other ones. They'll keep you nice and warm." ANd before she could protest, he was yanking down the sleeves of his jacket. "And don;t worry about my fingers from freezing, I'll keep my hands inside my sleeves. Like this." and he showed her to where his hands disappeared beneath the fur trimmed jacket he wore.

paganchick

Solita started to protest, opening her mouth and words starting to come out before he spoke again, cutting her off. Showing her that he wouldn't take no for an answer. She slowly slid the gloves on. They were too big of course. His hands were at least twice the size of her own.

"T-thank you," Solita whispered.

visualspice

Killian smiled. "Don't mention it. It was my fault I dragged you out of the cold." BUt the his smile slowly faded as he began to realize how thin and ratty her attire was, but at that exact moment, her rod began to tug and pull.
"Hey! I think you're getting a bite! Give the rod a pull and see if you can bring him in!" And he moved behind her incase she needed his help.

paganchick

Solita looked down at the hole in the ice, she didn't even  notice Killian's eyes or her line until Killian said something.
Solita did as he instructed, pulling the rod, leaning back slightly as she did so, her back leaning against Killian's strong body as she continued try to pull the fighting fish up.

visualspice

"No, you've got to pull harder. No, a little harder.. here." and he leaned over her, gripping his hands besides her. "Let me help." and with the two of them pulling, the fish gave way, but the give on it snapped back, setting both Killian (and poor Solita) off balance as Killian fell back onto the snow, Solita ontop of him and the rod above them dripping ice cold water on the pair...
off of a soggy boot they had caught.

Killian lay there for a time staring up at it, his breath in white wispy puffs. But then,a fter a moment, his body began to shake, as he laughed and laughed.
He sat up and drew the boot closer. "Looks like we caught ourselves a fine boot." He unhooked it and handed it to her. "Here, who knows, it might taste good if we season it and cook it over a fire."

paganchick

Solita tried pulling as hard as she could and was glad when Killian began to help her, that was until she was knocked off balance. She laid there for a second, her head spinning from the fall. It took her a moment to realize she was on top of Killian.
He was warm, and part of her just wanted to curl up and not move, but with a dark blush she quickly moved to her feet.

She began to shiver more soon after she stood, the cold seeping to her bone since she was now partially wet.
"I think it would give me indigestion," She spoke, her words broken up by her chattering teeth.

visualspice

At her words, Killian paused in his laughter, but then was laughing again.
"I .. I suppose you're right," he said, shakig his head, then glancing over at her as he noticed a frozen leaf from the boot had fallen onto her hair. "Oh.. here, let me get that," and he leaned forward, so they were mere inches away as he removed the leaf. "There." and he held it between them, only then realizing how close he had gotten as his face flushed.

And in that moment, his rod gave a jerk. Killian stumbled forward, bumping into her nad barely catching the rod before it was to be pulled under the water. He gave a pull, a jerk... "Hey.. I think I really got a bite this time!" and when at last he pulled the string clear of the water, there was infact, a flopping fish caught on the end.

As he brought hte fish towards them, it kicked about, splattering ice cold water on the pair as Killian laughed.
"Hey, this one's a decent sized one! I bet we could get a bit of meat out of it!" he said, and proudly held it up to her.. when it suddenly smacked him int he face. "Owe!"

paganchick

Solita looked at him as he removed the leaf. He was so close, she could almost feel the heat radiating from him. Her face was soon blood red, she couldn't look up at him, embarrassed of how red she knew her face was.

Then the moment was broken as quickly as it began, she heard something behind her then she felt Killian's body bump roughly into hers, enough to knock her down. She lay there a moment, her vision blurry from her head smacking against the ice. Once she was standing she felt more water hit here, she blinked a couple of times, trying to get her vision to focus in. Her vision cleared just in time to see the fish smack Killian in the face.

Solita started to laugh, but the laughing made her head hurt a bit so she didn't keep it up long, though she found it hilarious.

visualspice

Killian turned to her as she began to laugh only ot have the fish smack him int he face again. He grunted. "Hey now, fish, calm down." and he moved to rod away from himself and turned to Solita, shaking his head. "Well, at least you think it's funny. Come on, let's see if we can't catch any more fish. If we catch just a few more, we could have a real nice meal before the sun sets." and he unhooked the fish and set it in the snow to let it flop about and die, before turning around and throwing his fishing line back into the crack opened i the ice above the water.

paganchick

Though Solita felt like she was freezing to death she too casting her line back into the crack. The moment where she was so close kept flashing in her mind. She wondered what he would have done if she would have closed the space between them. She was sure she would be much warmer if she had.