Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Coldest Day of the Year

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It seemed they were standing there for a solid hour, when it was really only about twenty minutes. Killian began to dance in place, well, more like moving his legs, but it was so cold his teeth were chattering. "Boy, I hope a fish bites soon. It would be kind of sad if we only caught one fish after all of this. " And then after he thought it over he released, sheepishly, "Er., and sorry i knocked you over before I.. er.. must've gotten excited." he gave a sniff, eyes remaining onhis rod. "Are you er.. ok?" he asked, peering over at her. He felt silly he hadn't helped her to her feet, and ignoring the fact he had knocked her over onto the ice would hae been more rude than him accidently ignoring it, which is what happened. Ugh. "Ice can be tough on a person when they fall. It can hurt like hell."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita looked up at him blushing. She was shivering heavily, her muscles tensing so hard it hurt.
"It's, okay, I'll b-b-be f-fine," She spoke reaching up to touch to place on the back of her head that had hit the ice the hardest. She didn't think it was bleeding, or had bled, but if it did Killian would see it once she turned her back to him.
"I'm r-really c-cold," She spoke after a moment, she really no longer cared about the fish, warmth seemed far more important.

visualspice

Well, to him it seemed they had waited long enough. He nodded his head at her. "Well, perhaps we ought to get back to a fire then?" He raise dhis brows questionably at her. "I.. I'm sorry to keep you out here in the cold. I hadn't realized.." he began to say with a blush and a shiver, and a smile. "That t-t-today would be so cold. Come on," nd he gestured for her to remove her fishing rod from te ice, and he did the same. the hole was starting to freeze up again anyways, and once the things were packed, he wrapped up the fish and turned to Solita, adjusting his packs and bags over his shoulder.
"So.. would you mind sharing a table for dinner tonight? I don't think we'll get muhc meat out of one fish. So it'll be my treat." he told her with a smile.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita blushed. She didn't understand why this man took her under his wing like he had. She didn't understand why he was being so nice. Part of her wanted to thank him, she had never been treated so kindly and the other part of her wanted to run, because she knew she couldn't get used to such kindness. She was considered a magic user and if he was to find out he would have to put her in the prisons she had heard so many horror stories about. When he was gone she wouldn't get treated like this. She would have to start starving and fending for herself once again.
He was a soldier, he couldn't be her knight in shining armor.

Still she couldn't help the soft blush that filled her face as he asked her to dinner, and she couldn't refuse the invitation. So she nodded slightly, her arms wrapped around herself, shivering so hard it was hard to make her legs function right.

visualspice

By Angsar's beard, it felt like an eternity before they made it back to Thomas's inn. His legs hurt so bad from the cold, that they began to sting the moment he stepped inside and felt the warmth of the fire.

"Come on, let's take a seat near the hearth," and he moved his way towards an empty table, smiling up sheepishly as the barmaid from earlier looked the pair over with her hands on her hips.

"Where have the two of you been?" she asked.

Killian gave a lopsided, bashful grin. "Fishing."

Her mouth fell open.
"Fishin'?"

Killian nodded. She shook her head.

"By Angsar's breath, you're crazy." and she shook her head and noticed the shivering Solita, then smacked Killian on the arm.

"Hey!"

"And you took HER with you? Looks like the poor dear could have caught her death. Here, let me go fetch you a blanket deary and fetch the pair of you some hot cider and soup."

Killian gave a guilty shrug, then turned to Solita, before glancing guiltily away.
"Yea.. er.. I guess hse was right," he admitted, rubbing at the back of his neck. "It does seem sort of foolish. Some were even saying this might have been one of the coldest days of the year."

paganchick

Solita sat down, the warmth burned her skin but she welcomed the pain, it meant that she wouldn't be cold for much longer.

She nodded at first, her teeth chattering so badly that she couldn't make words. She could definitely believe that it was the coldest day of the year. She took off the scarf and the gloves, both were wet so neither were doing her any good, just sucking the heat from her body.

"It's ok-kay," She spoke finally through her chattering teeth, turning slightly to look up at him.

visualspice

Killian smiled a little, but was glad when the barmaid returned.

"Here, deary, a blanket for ya. And don't hesitate to move your chair nearer to the fire. Now, I'll be right back. The hot ciders will be right up."

"Thanks." Killian said, then looked over at Solita, then down to his lap. "Hot cider sure will be nice." ANd he sat there, feeling awkward once again.

paganchick

"T-thank you," Solita spoke to the barmaid before taking the blanket. She pulled her chair closer to the fire and wrapped the blanket tightly around herself. Even with the blanket and the fire it would take her petite form a little while to warm up.
Solita looked over her shoulder at Killian, she made a slight waving motion for him to join her my the fire, she knew he had to be cold too right?

visualspice

Noticing her gesture, he gave her a hesitant lop-sided grin before moving to take a seat beside her. Her rubbed his hands together, breathing into them to give them warmth before moving them forward.
"Well, a tleast we have time now to let our fingers and toes thaw out," he said, giving her another, more reassuring smile.

paganchick

Solita nodded.
"I think if I had been out there a moment longer I would have turned into an icicle and you would have had to carry me back," She spoke, offering up a gentle smile. She hoped her playful attitude wasn't enough to get her into trouble. He seemed like he was friendly enough, of course, sometimes she could have been wrong.

visualspice

Killian blushed at her comment and laughed softly in reply.
"Yeah, along with our fish," he said, glancing down to the bag beside them before he sighed and shook his head. "Well, at least we caught something.." And then he smiled as he remembered, "Too bad we didn't keep that boot. I'm sure it would have made a nice meal."

And the barmaid had returned at this time, hot cider in hand that she placed upon the table.

"What's this about a boot?" she inquired.

Killian turned to her with a laugh. "Well, you see, we only managed to catch two things today," he began and the barmaid stared at him expectantly. Killian hesitated in informing her, but eventually blurted out. "Well, one was a fish.. an the other.. sort of an old boot."

The barmaid had a good laugh, shaking her head befre saying, "Soups up too." And placed two bowls upon the table. "Eat up. I'm sure you both deserve it."

paganchick

Solita grabbed the cider soon after it was placed on the table. It was warm in her hands, and that was nice considering her hands were freezing. She sipped it before looking over at Killian. He seemed so chipper, so happy. She was glad, she was sure he had seen horrible things, maybe even had to aid those horrible things. He was a soldier and had to follow commands after all.

She moved her eyes back to the fire, taking another small sip of the cider as a small smile slide across her face. She remembered her back pressed against his chest as they struggled to pull in the boot. It was a nice feeling, and one she would keep close. She had a feeling that she would keep all the memories of that day very close, someone was actually treating her like a human, and it was nice.

"So what are you going to do with the fish? You should let it just sit in here too long, it will stink the whole place up," She said as she continued to sip her cider.

visualspice

"Oh!" His eyes shot open from where he had been once focused on his cider. "That's right!" And he waved to the barmaid. "Hey, Millie! Think you could cook up this fish?" he said, giving a lauhg as he waved the wrapped fish above his head.

With her hands to her hips, she shook her head.
"Let me see if Abigail would oblige," and she rolled her eyes at Killian, then winked at Solita as she left.

Killian was still all smiles.
"Oh boy, I didn't think they'd go for it but it seems like we might also be able to eat our catch!" And then he looked over at Solita, and after finding himself staring, he cleared hsi throat awkwardly and went back to his cider, stating, "THe cider's good." And tried to avert his eyes elsewhere.

paganchick

Solita sipped her cider as she looked Killian over slowly. He looked pained with awkwardness. She found it hard to understand why, was she making him feel awkward or was that just a part of his personality. Most soldiers, as far as she could tell were confident, they had to be to do their job.

She bit her lip slightly, before she decided to speak. He was averting his eyes, she yet against didn't understand why, if anyone should be averting their gaze it should be her. She was the one who was poor. He was a soldier.

"Is... There something wrong?" She finally asked, her stomach feeling as if it were in her throat.

visualspice

"Wrong?" Killian's eyes finally looked up into hers as his brows raised at the question. "No.. why?" he laughed, albeit a bit nervously, his cheeks being a bit flushed.

paganchick

"You just seem so nervous," Solita spoke softly, her voice starting to grow nervous. Was he trying to set her up? Was this some type of undercover operation the soldiers had started to try to find more magic users? It didn't make sense that he told her he was a solder if it was, but still. The way he acted was making her nervous now. She could be over reacting and she knew that it was most likely that. Her over reacting was what had helped keep her alive though.

visualspice

At her comment, Killian laughed nervously again. He was even rubbing at the back of his neck by now.
"Er.. that's just cuase-"
and the bar maid finished his sentence as she winked, "Cause he's no good with the ladies. His tongue twists into knots. But you'll get used to it." She patted Killian on the shoulder with a smile. "It took him a few months to warm up to me."

Killian's face was beat red. "Er.."

"Oh, and the fish'll be ready soon." and with another wink, Miliie had left them, and Killian thought for certain his face would catch fire as he stared over at Solita, then down at his boots.

"Yeah, er... ss-sorry, I just.. I get nervous around er... any ladies that I think are sweet and pretty. I guess you could say it's my Achille's heel." he said, trying to laugh it off with a joke.

paganchick

Solita took a deep breath, relief washing over her form slowly.
"You t-think I'm p-pretty?" Solita asked after a few moments, his words slowly sinking in. She had never been called pretty.
She looked down quickly, her face quickly matching the red hue of his as she felt the heat rush to her cheeks.

Solita was no longer cold and that was a good thing she supposed, definitely not something she was expecting to hear. She took her cup of cider and finished it off and wished that it had a bit of alcohol content to it. Unfortunately for her it did not.

visualspice

There was a long, long, long, LOOOONG moment of awkward silence shared between the pair, as the fire's crackled and Killian remained in his chair, half his cider still not touched in his cup.

"Yeah, I er.." he began, but hten Millie returned and set the plate upon the table, the noise causing Killian to jump.

"Here's the fish. Seasoned special, courtesy of Abigail." she said, giving the pair a wink. "Can I get you two lovelies anything else?"

"N-no, I'm fine," Killian barely go tout in a squeek of a voice. He cleared his throat. "I er.. oh!" he turned to Solita. "Unless you want something?

paganchick

Solita jumped at the sound of the plate with the fish on it being placed on the table.
"I.. uh, no, I'm fine," She spoke as she looked from Millie to Killian.
She took a deep breath as she moved her eyes down to the floor. He thought she was pretty, that was something. She wasn't going to let her mind linger on it. Why get emotionally attached to someone who was just going to be sent off in a week.
Solita waited for Millie to leave in silence.

"Maybe I should go...." She spoke her voice shaking softly, "It is getting late and I will have to find a place to sleep."