Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

OFFICIAL CONNLAOTH CIVIL WAR REFERENCE PAGE

Started by visualspice, June 12, 2013, 02:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

*THE EVENT IS OVER! If you'd like your character to have been affected by the civil war, please post in the AFTER MATH plotting board found here.
PLEASE CONTACT ME OR POST ON THE PLOTTING PAGE HERE IF INTERESTED!*

Last update: April 23rd, 2017.

Here, you will find all of the basic information involving war related characters and threads!
For any questions, you can also PM me!

Quick Links
A list of links to each information page is listed below.
An Introduction
The Story
The Characters
The Nobles
The Factions
The Map
The Timeline
Event Summary
The Mini-Events Page
The F.A.Q.
Duchy Information Pages

Please post all questions here.

*This is an event for Connlaothian Characters Only. No outsiders, demons or god-like characters will be admitted at this time.

*All of the civil war art was created by me, copy right to me.
If you'd like to check out my art page, please view it <a href="http://visualspice.deviantart.com/">here</a>!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

If you are interested in becoming involved with this war, please familiarize yourself with some of the plotting that is going on, first, prior to joining. You should also have a thorough understanding of Connlaoth and it's laws and history. The Connlaoth information page is located here.

Please note, this is a CIVIL WAR and currently, the door is closed to plotting with any God-like characters. The idea for this war is to make available a scenario involving the internal conflict and struggles within a nation who has always dealt with prejudices against those with magics. Now this country has to deal with a major event, which is the catalyst of the war: The former Grand Duke being assassinated by a mage. As a result, it has pushed the country into making their laws more extreme against mages. In doing so, it creates a lot of tensions and dramas to be played out with varying roles of characters that are connected to Connlaoth.

This war event is to be used to role play as the people: soldiers, mages, and even the families of said mages, that are affected and have to deal with the very real fact that their families might be torn apart. You could pit brother against brother, father against son, and friends suddenly finding themselves needing to align themselves with the enemy and more! So please read on if this is of interest to you! The war is still going on an we're always looking for more characters to come and play! :D

Currently, I am only looking for INTERNAL characters that would be directly affected by this to become a part of the event. This is not a world war, so please keep this in mind when submitting your characters or ideas. It does not prohibit non-Connlaothians from joining, but please just have a realistic reason for any outsiders to participate! Thanks!

Please post all questions here.

Below is a list of links to music that has helped inspire me while creating the war story:
Requiem for  Dream- song inspired by the overwhelming emotions stirred by the dramatic events unfolding from the war.

If you'd like to check out my art page, please view it <a href="http://visualspice.deviantart.com/">here</a>!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

There have always been tensions against mages since the formation of Connlaoth itself. But things have gotten worse. From the shadows, an unknown mage has managed to penetrate the mordecai's powers and killed the former Grand Duke, causing all of Connlaoth to rise up in a panic.

After many heated debates, a new Grand Duke has been chosen and is now ruling with an iron fist, creating new laws to further repress any and all magic users in the land.
Those who do not obey the laws will be crushed... and due to the growing unrest, the soldiers prepare to defend their lands from possible uprisings as they move from city to city, rounding mages up and sending them north, to mordecai protected mage camps where these people await an unknown fate...

In reaction to the mage camps, mage supporters have grown in number, though remain a secret among the masses. Though there is no unified group, mage support is apparent, and those that can help, help where they can. Those that fight are a part of small, semi-organized factions who conduct guerrilla style tactics against the army in attempts to free repressed mages, and also in hopes to have their voices heard. Though they are not organized nor unified in any manner, the mage supporters remain strong in their groupings, like bands of families willing to die and protect those who have been wronged. They can only pray to Ansgar, or whatever deity they believe, that this tiresome war will come to an end.

We're currently eight years into the war and where Connlaoth was once united, the duchies are beginning to show signs of doubt and support is waning in a very tired, war torn country. It has become evident this war has yet to show any signs of becoming resolved. And now that it's year eight and the duchies's support are fading, Connlaoth finds itself with yet another new threat- the beginnings of a very long and cold winter.

For a full event summary, please read here.

visualspice

*please note this list has not been updated since 2015. An update is coming soon!

THE MAIN CHARACTERS
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick- Grand Duke of Connloath
Katahnia Harmond- Prominent leader and voice for the repressed mages
*Publicly known to some.
Blaith Harmond- the primary, main antagonist of the war (unknown to the public). He is also the publicly unknown killer of the former Grand Duke. He is also a Duke himself.

THE HIGH NOBILITY (RULING DUKES)
*A list of nobles including links can be found here.
There are currently no ruling houses available.

THE NOBILITY
Toma Stark
Davishire Callister
Davina Callister
Ithel Conlaoch
Helaina Boehman
Ethalind Shanley
The Treyburns- *Always   for more family members!

THE GRAND DUKE'S COURT
A list of knights, personal mordecai, regents, etc.
Zannrick Austengarde- Personal Knight and Mordecai- (like a guard dog and his personal hound)
Emery Ramaker- Personal Knight and Mordecai- (like a guard dog and his personal hound)

AMBASSADORS
*There are no ambassadors at this time. If interested, please contact me!

THE CONNLAOTHIAN ARMY
General Krah Mordeth
General Mehtwald Allaen
Killian Gryst
Faolán Ruane

TEMPLARS, PRIESTS AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH
Mercuxio
Lunabelle Rosalinda
Kentamin Dhelsbar

KNIGHTS OF THE WHITE LILY
Lillian Coleridge

KNIGHTS
Maxxen Lear - Knight From Bellkrath
Jack Willison -Knight From Ajhfeld

VIGILANTES
The Masked Mordecai
The Shrouded Swordsman
The Gambler!
The Witch Doctor

WHAT SIDE ARE YOU ON? (A list of the 'others')
*PLEASE NOTE: Characters will only be added here once they are involved in an active war related thread.

Characters are supporting the cause...(traditionalists), or characters who want to protect their country.
FOR CONNLAOTH! (and the new laws)
Cyrus

Characters are affected heavily by the changes imposed on them by the government...
FOR MAGES! (and stability)
Gherrick, Jinai, Olive, Renna, Jude, Sadie, Igna

THOSE STUCK INBETWEEN!
Dekka, Awiergan, Tenran, Liana, Alexander, Beatrid, Richter, Ania, Laighean, Mae'leena, Aryn

DECEASED
Avery Carwick
Duke Buttswick- killed in year 8 of the war
General Serenus- death in year 8 of the civil war
Grand Duchess Allarrick- death in year 10

visualspice

The following list is of Dukes and Duchesses and their offspring under their respective duchies.  Any PC noble will have their profiles linked here(and underlined names) for easy reference and any heir apparent will be displayed in bold text and highlighted in the color green.

Information on each duchy can be found here.

IMPORTANT! – This list is NOT complete since not all duchies have been claimed! No minor nobles and their houses will be added at this time. Thanks for your understanding! This list was last updated on: 4/23/2017.

Matron's Hollow
Grand Duke Calent Allarick
Grand Duchess Kathryn Allarick *deceased

The Duchy of Ajhfeld
<a href="http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16848.msg192200#msg1922004">Duke Chester Buttswick
*deceased and duchy conquered by Turgall- Seat disputed
</a>

The Duchy of Allar
Duke Lanciss Marcell
Andreas Marcell
Gavriella Marcell - daughter

The Duchy of Ardal
Duke Conall Shanley
*please note this Duke went MIA during the war. His seat of power has been heavily disputed between assigned regents and other blood lines of his claiming he surely must be 'dead'

The Duchy of Bellkrath
Duke Dardanus Eldrich Rastognlir and Duchess Christine Veronique Rastognlir
Severine Morrigan Rastognlir
Mercuxio Meridian Idris Rastognlir
Jaimes "Jaimie" Theodoric Rastognlir
Darian "Dani" Elsabet Rastognlir

The Duchy of Castavar
Duke Leif Arrant
Attalia Arrant (presumed dead)
<a href="http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=15038.new#new">Lady Valentina Corrent</a> (late wife of Leif Arrant *deceased)
[/size]

The Duchy of Fallkenrath
Duke Michael Brennick and Duchess Eden Brennick
Charles Brennick
Brandur Brennick
Oakley Brennick
Wilian Brennick

The Duchy of Feirja
Reserved for Rhi-Rhi

The Duchy of Hellvion
Duchess Melora Avelon and Duke James Edmund Avelon
*Heir disputed

The Duchy of Highheart
<a href="http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=15572.new#new">Duke Edward Emmanuel Draven</a>

Duchess Adalia Draven

The Duchy of Orchy
Duke Micah Coleridge and Duchess Aella Coleridge
Gabriel Coleridge
Valia Coleridge
Evlyn Coleridge
Lillian Coleridge

The Duchy of Folkvar
Duke Avarali
Duchess Evarelia Avarali
Sunniva Avarali
Minerva Avarali
Kairius Avarali -nephew

[/size]

The Duchy of Turgall
Duke Blaith Harmond
Duchess Lillian Harmond
Kella Harmond

The Duchy of Vythe
Duke Daemion d'al Astarot
Elenoir d'al Astarot
]

The Duchy of Wulfbauer
<a href="http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16381.msg178181#msg178181">Duke Erwin Therrien </a>
Duchess Constance Carwick

visualspice

*This section is still under construction! However, please note, to be a part of the war threads, you do NOT need to join any factions. These are just organized groups struggling with and against the rising tensions.

THE KNIGHTS OF THE WHITE LILY
This is an ever present division of the mordecai soldiers of Connlaoth.
Please read more information located here.
Plots for this can be posted here.
THE FREE FOLK
The Free Folk have been an on going, underground group of citizens that band together to protect mages from the persecution they face while living in Connlaoth. They have been formed well before the new Grand Duke was elected, and are currently facing a lot more trials in attempts to aid the mages as the laws become more strict and cities become more guarded under Grand Duke Calent Allarick's ruling.
Information about this resistance group can be found here.
THE ORDER OF ST. AGRATHA
They are the Church's Arm of Might, and hidden eyes and ears, sworn to rooting out magic wherever they find it. More information can be found here.
THE BLOOD WARDENS
Founded by Lord Rathling's, they are an organized group of rebels and spies who band together to protect those unjustly treated under the reign of Grand Duke Allarrick. This organization meets in an old crypt in Matron's hallow and all members follow a blood pact and vow upon induction. Their primary area focus on the main cities in and around Reajh, with a few exceptions to major cities in Folkvar (from where it's founder had been raised). More information can be found here.
ANGSAR'S HAND
Ansgar's Hand is a group of elite Heavy Cavalryman that act as some of the most devastating shock troops within the Connlaothian armed forces. Astride massive beasts and adorned in blessed armor, the individuals of Ansgar's Hand are drilled for at least two years before being allowed into the open field. Currently distinguished as the most brutal and efficient force within Connlaoth, Ansgar's Hand Currently boasts a track record of no defeats. They are lead by General Hakon Kilandre, and her Captains.. More information can be found here.
THE RED LEGION
Founded originally as a mercenary company by Roland Harker, it has since been turned into an army to help people that have been broken/displaced by the civil war. Their goal is to fight against tyranny and return Connlaoth to her people. More information can be found here.
THE HUNTERS
*Order name is tentative.
Duke Calent's elite force of personal mordecai warriors. They follow him just about everywhere, especially now, since he has become the Grand Duke. Their lead by Sir Zannrick Austengarde, Grand Duke Allarrick's 'hound'.  There is no dedicated guild for this at this time.
THE CLINIC
Founded by the enigmatic flesh sculptor The Witch Doctor, The Clinic is an underground business meant to aid and support known mages in Connlaoth, whether it be spying, healing, disguising, or special surgeries. In The Clinic no mage leaves in danger if they have the proper fees. More information can be found here.

*MORE COMING SOON!

visualspice

*Below is a 'rough draft' of the Connlaothian Map with some markers indicating locations of important events. Duchies in black are either 'plot line related' leaderless or have no finalized plots but at this time . As of January 2, 2023 the available duchies to claim for new leadership are Ajhfeld and Vythe.

*original art of map done by Tally :D

Mage Camps- scattered locations used to house the mage population
Fort Dhagh- Large military Fort used to protect 3 large mage camps near the mountains.
Crystal Castle Ruins- the locations of the rumored 'crystal castle' where the Duchy of Harmond once resided.
Dig site[/b]-  an entire ancient city was recently discovered in secret that resides beneath Uthlyn
Breakpoint- City where a large number of cargo ships were blown up here by rebel forces
Havanlaar- First major city massacre of the war
Thaedes- Second major city massacre of the war
Vanille- the 'City of Cakes'

Information on each duchy can be found here.

visualspice

Click on the links below to go to the appropriate section on the Civil War Timeline. Since the former timeline was so 'robust', I figured it would be easier this way for members to navigate through the timeline were I to break it up by the year. This will be updated as the year progresses and more years added.

*If you would like to add your own thread to the list, or if I forgot to add it here, please PM me! Please note, all war threads must go through me prior to adding them to the mix. Thanks! ^_^

Quick Links
A list of links to each year from the war are listed below.
THE PREWAR YEARS: 5 years or more prior to the 'assassination' of the previous Grand Duke
YEAR ONE At time of the 'assassination' of the former Grand Duke- and the new Grand Duke- Calent Allarrick from the Duchy of Allar is elected and creates a new law dictating all mages must be removed from the country and forced to live in a quarantined area to the North that most have come to know as the 'Mage Camps'.
YEAR TWO The new Grand Duke marries Kathryn Chandos- the Duke of Highheart's eldest daughter
YEAR THREE Last year there is officially no broadcasted 'blood shed'.
THE WAR/ BATTLE YEARS
YEAR FOUR 1 year or less since the 'the slaughter of Havanlaar'(first 'official' blood battle of the war as committed by the new General Krah Mordeth, who quickly gains the reputation known throughout the country as 'the God of War'.)
YEAR FIVE The Grand Duke spends a lot of time during this year addressing international relations, however, the results are luke warm at best as tensions still remain at the boarders.
YEAR SIX The current and newly seated Duke of Ardal goes missing, is presumed dead but is disposed of in the Kilanthro mountains in the North to die. There, he discovers another suffering a similar fate as himself, as the famouse, peaceful mage supporter Lady Katahnia Harmond is found nearly dead. And while residing in Hyoite, they witness first hand the madness of the rising power and support of the Duke of Turgall, Katahnia's cousin, Blaith Harmond. This is also the year the first child of the Grand Duke, a son, is born but also passes away due to illness.
YEAR SEVEN *year of the masked ball and year of the first major counter offensive from peaceful civilians.
YEAR EIGHT *year of the longest winter and the year Turgall marches against the Grand Duke's cause to go north where the Duke conquers the Duchy of Ahjfeld in hopes to free his twin sister held captive in the Mage camps held under the watchful presence of an army at Fort Dhagh commanded by the veteran General Serenus Miles. Near the end of this war, Calent's daughter is born. Also, General Krah once again destroys an entire town, Thaedes, for 'believing' it has become corrupt and supports the mage population.
YEAR NINE *year of the 'FireWorks' Ball and the year Turgall, Ahjfeld, Hellvion, Wulfbaer and at years end- Orchy, all withdraw their support for the war. (but it is noted Wulfbaer and Ahjfeld suffer incredible amounts of anarchy and uprisings as the people are torn over war support efforts. This is also the year the draft is mandated, forcing all men fifteen and older who have yet to serve to join the army and fight for the Grand Duke's cause.
YEAR TEN *The Hellvion Super Ship named 'The Goddess' sinks in the Tuor Ocean on it's maiden voyage and civil unrest continues

visualspice

THE PREWAR YEARS
5 years or more prior to the 'assassination'

This thread takes place prior to any indication there is even talk about mage suppression. It involves Gherrick during his earlier years as a pirate and famed thief, and makes mention on the mysterious death of Grand Duke Calent's betrothed. Her death, even in the present day threads, is still a mystery.
This thread takes place several years before the civil war is even a thing, when a confused young duke, Calent, runs into a pirate who adds a little spice to his life.
This thread sets the stage for the potentials of the war to come, starting off with a young noble lady, Katahnia Harmond, whose duchy has been decimated due to her parents voicing their opinions openly to promote more equality towards the treatment of mages in Connloath. The thread then moves onto the present, where the young lady awakens after having encasing herself in crystal and she begins to search for the answers behind her family's slaughter.
Political tensions come out between the Duke of Ardal and the Duke of Allar while cake is to be enjoyed by all!

Less than 5 years prior to the 'assassination'

This thread takes place before the war years at a ball where political banter about mage equality is bound to happen (or, at least cause some awkward moments!) while Katahnia is trying to find her way back into high society, only to begin to realize her ideals might continue to fall on deaf ears.
These threads are all pre-war related, invovling character development leading up to the eventual engagement of Duke Calent and Lady Kathryn. They are listed in chronological order.
A more light hearted thread involving misadventures with Duke Calent and a certain pesky piratess!
The notorious pirate and mage bandit Gherrick causes some misadventures in Reajh during the beginnings of heightened tensions in Connlaoth.

1 year or less prior to the 'assassination'

The Free Folk have a meeting about the rising tensions over mages when suddenly 'Home' is attacked!

visualspice

PREPARING FOR WAR
YEAR ONE
At time of the 'assassination'

This thread starts off with one of the most important events in the war; where the former Grand Duke was murdered by a mage.
Right after Blaith Harmond had killed the former Grand Duke, he tries to rape his sister and finds himself fighting his own demons within.
This thread involves the personal mordecai elite force Calent possesses and their role in the foreshadowings of the war yet to come.
This thread has some misadventures of Jinai, a mage supporter and part of the silent force known as the 'Free Folk' in trying to deal with the growing tension in Connlaoth. Oh yeah, Tenran's there, too XP
This thread hosts the event where Duke Calent is being crowned the Grand Duke of Connlaoth.
This thread is for the young group of soldiers in training. It is dedicated to their training and misadventures during the rising tensions in Connlaoth.

visualspice

YEAR TWO
Approximately 6 months to 1 year after the 'assassination'

This thread is the official thread for Grand Duke Calent and Grand Duchess Kathryn's wedding.
The new Duke of Allar is just settling into his political career when he has a run in with the famed masked vigilante: The Masked Mordecai as the pair try to save the same woman in the darkened streets of the city. Then weeks later, they find themselves in an unusual circumstance at the Grand Duke's Wedding! (This thread spans a few years as it's events jump around). *This thread spans multiple places on the time line
A begruding new duke meets his fiance for the first time, who he does not realize is a spy.
Kella Harmond, noble lady and mage, makes a run for the southern boarder of Connlaoth in attempt to flee from the chaos; and her crazy twin-brother, Blaith.
This thread involves two soldiers Killian and Faolan's first real mission to ensure the roads heading north to the mage camps are clear.

visualspice

YEAR THREE
2-3 years after the 'assassination'

Two young friends are reunited at an Autumn Festival in Falkenrath.
This thread hosts the event that will start off the founnding/creation of an underground safe haven used for mages and their families and other affected persons in attempts to hide from the persecutions heightened by the war.
This thread involves Killian, a soldier, unknowingly befriending the mage healer, Solita.
Olive, currently a marked mage and noble, is living under house arrest in Uthlyn when tensions have just gotten to the point that even she, despite her status, is required to travel to the mage camps up North.

visualspice

THE WAR/ BATTLE YEARS
YEAR FOUR
1 year or less since the 'the slaughter of Havanlaar'(first 'official' blood battle of the war)

Jinai finds the corpse of her dead brother, and is returning his remains to his wife in Arca when she runs into an old 'acquaintance', Torak.
Lady Kella Harmond is on the run from her crazed brother, the Duke of Turgall, and finds herself with a most unlikely ally in the cake-famous city of Vanille.
This event happens a few months after the slaughtering of the town Havanlaar, the first bloody massacre of the war.  This town, as well as a few others right after it, were destroyed for rumors spreading they were 'mage safe havens' and the famous soldier, Krah, 'God of War' made a name for himself by ransacking that town and a few others, leaving nothing more but smoldering remains of buildings.
Lady Katahnia has been 'peacefully' raising her voice against the Grand Duke, urging him to relinquish his stricter laws in hopes to stave off more attacks and to bring peace back to the country.  However, the Grand Duke has other plans...
Two nobles, destined to meet through betrothal, have a rocky first encounter!
Leif Arrant's wedding starts off with a bang, as a gun man chases him through Reajh!
Mercuxio visits the camp where Olive is detained to hear the confessions of the mages interred there. Olive uses the confessional to confront the father about the Church's sanction of the injustices going on at the camps. Mercuxio, meanwhile, is secretly there to root out any possible rebellious elements.
Just another thread about dramatic unrest, but this time this thread contains some scandalous letters that could be used against the wife of the Grand Duke!
Haunted by the recent death of her husband, Dahlia Gray seeks aid at the apothecary of Barnabas Low. Instead, they find a young, fugitive mage hiding from the city guard. 2-3 years before the Masked Ball.

visualspice

YEAR FIVE
2nd year since the 'the slaughter of Havanlaar'

Unrest with the mages causes them to attack a garrison, nearly killing the soldier, Killian Gryst.
Grand Duke Allarrick's dreams become more lucid as he scrapes to find a means to cope with this 'disease'.

Jinai hears a male courtesan may possibly have information to use against and expose another courtesan spy for the Free Folk and she aims to stop him, but in the end, finds herself with a new companion and fellow spy.

Priest in training Kentamin Dhelsbar finds himself at odds with a very strange sort of fairy.
Lady Viara of Serendipity comes to talk to the Grand Duke about opening more trade routes via land travel over the mountain passes.

visualspice

YEAR SIX
3rd year since the 'the slaughter of Havanlaar'

Branwen, a spy for the mages, hears the famous mordecai soldier 'Krah, God of War' is in town and decides to try to get close and try to get some information out of him.
After Jinai left her courtesan 'lover' high and dry without an explanation and no goodbye, the two find themselves reunited yet again and become wrapped up in a mystery involving a false organization from the church.
This thread involves two out casted nobles; Katahnia and Conall, who were both left for dead in the mountains in Hyoite but under very different circumstances.
Attalia Arrant, presumed dead, is ironically reunited with her friend Merric while both are lamenting at a rainy graveyard.
A quirky thread where Knight of the White Lily Aster Delancy meets the famous 'God of War'.
Priest and Confessor Mercuxio and his 'in-training' partner scout out the ruins of a burned church in Uthlyn.
Rebel mages set fire to an out post in the North and Confessor in Training Kentamin Dehlsbar is hot on the trail of one of the lead mages in this thrilling arctic adventure!
After hearing her lover becomes a father, the courtesan spy Renna Catriste becomes distance, but her Aunt's death reunites them and helps reminds her how true their love really is.

visualspice

YEAR SEVEN
Year of the 'Grand Duke's Masked Ball'

After many years of war, Connlaoth is becoming stressed. In order to reduce the strain on the upper class and keep his supporters, the Grand Duke declares the first ball of the season to raise spirits during the war's more difficult times.
The Treyburn family is invited to the Grand Duke's Masked Ball and this thread is for, you guessed it, pre-ball family shenanigans!
Leif Arrant argues with his wife about attending the Grand Duke's Masked Ball but eventually caves!
  • The Dessert Table (and all others associated there in).     THREAD COMPLETE!   
The Grand Duke is Hosting a Magnificent Masked ball and these are all of the threads involved in this mini-event!
After the Grand Ball, mourning nobles Dahlia Gray and Edward Draven find themselves in a whole lot of awkward moments and possible romance.
After the Grand Ball, Lord Davishire takes Miss Illi Treyburn out on their official first 'date'.
  A church is desecrated by a rogue mage and Aster Delancy is assigned to track him down.  Mercuxio is sent to assist her in his capture and interrogation.  And what they may find is that the rebellion is larger than anyone could have imagined.
  The new regent of Connlaoth is strutting his stuff at this prestigious party.
  Despite the rise in hostilities towards mages, in secret, an elf healer is brought to the castle in hopes to relieve the Grand Duke of his venomous dreams.
  After finding out information that a group of imprisoned mages will be shipped over seas into a slave trade, Jinai and Jude, an unlikely team of rebel lovers, decide to 'get married' and extract extra information in order to plot a daring rescue.
After escaping near death by their political enemy, Katahnia Harmond and Duke Conall Shanely head south, following in the shadow of Kat's crazed cousin: Blaith, in hopes to figure out their place among this chaos once again, and seek a cure for a broken Connlaoth.
Unable to resist seeing her daughter, the 'Lady of the Revolution' goes off on her own, and of course, trouble ensues!
Jude Armand, active and secret spy for the mage resistance and anti-war supporter, finds an unlikely friend in a Knight of the White Lily.
Two houses vying for the Hellvion throne meet head on in decadence, dancing and hate.
Lord Davishire's expected guest runs late, but that's not the only thing to happen at this birthday celebration!

visualspice

YEAR EIGHT
Year of the 'The Longest Winter'

It's been so many months since Jude and Jinai helped rescue mages from Breakpoint that the pair find themselves reunited and their love, re-established.
  Nearly a year after the Grand Duke's masked ball, the City of Thaedes take to fire when the 'God of War' and his men steam roll through the city.
The Grand Duchess is left alone for a few months as her husband travels north to help calm relations with the Northern duchies while the King of Thieves moves into the palace discretely in hopes to fix his and the Grand Duchess's failing relationship.
After the King of Thieves escapes execution, he runs into an ally he never thought he'd see again.
After the King of Thieves escapes execution, and the Grand Duke's adviser is being treated for some major wounds after being attacked; the Grand Duke finds himself seeking a replacement for his currently 'out of commission' adviser.
  Two brother's kidnap the Grand Duchess's sister for an employer who seeks to use her kidnapping for political gain in the Duchy of High heart.
  A single post of the internal turmoil Gabriel Coleridge is suffering upon hearing his wife has been kidnapped.
  After her kidnapping, Lady Valia Coleridge is found by nobleman Trevian Treyburn who helps deliver her back to her husband safely.
  After her kidnapping, Lady Valia Coleridge is finally reunited with her husband.
  A seedy section of the church plots to use a mage to flood the capital city in Allar in hopes to bring true genocide against mages into the war.

In desperation to protect his sister, who was being used as a weapon for the church, Leif Arrant seeks out help from her former lover, a nobleman's son and templar, Father Rastognlir.

On her annual pilgrimage to Saint Solee's Cathedral, the Grand Duchess learns the hard way that the citizens are turning against the nobility...and it nearly costs her her life.
  After the Grand Duchess had rescued her lover from the noose in secret, now comes his chance to repay the debt.
The Grand Duke accessing the damages of the flooded capital city in Allar while the Duke begins to lose respect towards him because of his blind views and ignorance.
  The Duke of Turgall seeks out a church for comfort, but can't get himself past the pews to ask for it.
  The Duke of Wulfbauer finds himself twisted up in some sinister assassination plots and the woman he thought was to blame actually helps comes to his rescue.
  The Duke of Turgall's sister is held captive in a stone tower inside Fort Dhagh and Siana, a hired mercenary, aims to sneak in to get the low down!
  The Duke of Turgall meets a potential new recruit for his underground resistance.
  The Duke of Turgall plots his assault against both the Duchy of Ahjfeld- and the great Fort Dhagh- which currently houses his twin sister as a prisoner.
  General Serenus has recently been stationed as the military commander over the prestigious Fort Dhagh, however, with the onset of an early winter- something doesn't seem right. The General keeps his eyes to the storm, but his ears open to a potential attack.
  Star crossed lovers are reunited when an unconventional rescue mission takes place in the prestigious Fort Dhagh.
  A female soldier, and a rifleman she has befriended on the march north, face the brutal battles together involving the fall of Ajhfeld and that of Fort Dhagh.
  Fort Dhagh falls and Blaith Harmond finds himself with one unhappy prisoner.
  A divorced couple find themselves on the run when their home falls under attack by Connlaothian soldiers.
  The Grand Duke heads North to quell any doubt and patch up relations with the Duchy of Hellvion as a terrible winter sets in across Connlaoth.
  The Grand Duke makes it home just in time for the birth of his daughter.

The Grand Duke hears about the fall of Ajhfeld and sends the 'infamous' General Krah Mordeth (known to all as 'The God of War') to take care of the resistance there and ensure the mages are secure in their camps.
  A lone soldier struggles to survive in the aftermath of the fall of Fort Dhagh in hopes to reach the capital with the message and cry for help.
  With news of her daughter's birth, the king of thieves seeks out the Grand Duchess yet again, hoping to find answers to the pain residing in his heart.
  With the fall of Ajhfeld, the only surviving child of the duke finds herself in a complicated house arrest situation.

visualspice

YEAR NINE
Year of the 'The FireWorks Ball'

(this year is also important in that it signifies the beginnings of the waning support of some of the major Connlaothian duchies and their views on the war.)

The Duchess of Hellvion decides to celebrate the end of the long winter with a festive ball (this is a multi-thread event).
  Two enemies, who had once found common ground when trying to survive the harsh winter in the Kilanthros, are reunited with more entangling emotions.
  An army heads towards a small farming community, but is met with some rather unique hostility on the way.
  The Grand Duke becomes overwhelmed emotionally and spends a night out as 'someone' else and unknowingly impregnates the intriguing woman he beds.

visualspice

visualspice

*below is a brief summary of the current war events so far
with some character and important thread links included.

UPDATED JUNE 5TH, 2014

When the previous Grand Duke was killed by an unknown mage, Duke Calent Allarrick stepped before his peers and won them over as the new Grand Duke- promising to rectify this catastrophe and help rid Connlaoth of the mage population for good. At first, the mages were simply to be directed to mage camps quickly established in the North, most of which are either in or near the Kilanthro Mountains (that of which border Connlaoth and Hyoite). But as the war continued, it was becoming apparent the mages would not be so easily herded and rebellions began to occur, both within the towns and cities, and even the mage camp's themselves. Though some tried to protest this peacefully, anyone attempting to speak out against the government was sent away.

All of the duchies fully support the Grand Duke, but as the war grinds onward, the population began to grow restless. To keep the spirits lifted within the noble class, the Grand Duke hosted a Masked Ball, which had gone on with quite a success, and was a bold move to prove to the population that Connlaoth is still stable, despite events such as the slaughter of Havanlaar going on, and now more recently, the Fall of the City of Thaedes. These unfortunate cities were found to be in support of the mage folk and the famous General/mordecai simply known as 'the God of War' commanded both of these attacks. Both cities were decimated.

But another event at the Port City of BreakPoint made this town take to flames as an unlikely group of rebels helped intercept secret letters from a group of nobles who were planning to sell off some of the mages to foreign counties as slaves instead of sending them to the mage camps. It is still unknown to the masses that the Grand Duke's Visor was behind this- but this is first among many large scale rebel attacks to remind the government they are not always in control- and it's people will not sit by idle while they are being taken advantage of during these war time travesties.

Swiftly following the events at Breakpoint, the capital city in the Duchy of Allar had been flooded, and the blame was placed upon an unknown mage. It was not publicly known, but it was from the church's own doing who had been experimenting upon this unfortunate woman. She was also used in hopes to kill off two masked vigilantes (the Masked Mordecai, and the Shrouded Swordsman) who have been thwarting the attempts of the church for some time now, but it was to no avail. The woman was rescued and taken away, but when the Grand Duke came to check on his home duchy, the information that the church  might have been behind this fell on deaf ears. He heard it was a mages fault and was ignorant to anything but her guilt.

But the Grand Duke has a lot on his plate. Not only did a mage knowingly escape from the Grand Duke's palace dungeon who was headed to the gallows for execution for attacking his guards and using magic to do so, but The Grand Duke's personal adviser was nearly killed when this occurred. And now his wife is heavily pregnant, due at any moment with a child.

Now the population grows even more uneasy as eyes looks towards The Palace to see what will happen next as rumors of conscription, the on-coming long winter, and more uprisings are popping up all over the country, while the nobles go on with their lives, enjoying fine dinner and dancing while the city streets run red with blood.

*The are new events on the way*!

Tags: