Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Price to Pay to Keep the Devil Away

Started by Lion, June 15, 2013, 03:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Tennran gave her a soured look.  "Not all of them.  There were five riders, but only four dead bodies.  I reckon one of them must have got away when I wasn't looking.  Which is why getting out of here is the best plan you've had all day."  Without further adieu, he kicked the horse and the animal bolted off down the road, sticking closer to the wilderness and taking the deviating path when the road split in the direction of town. 

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"You let one live?!" She couldn't believe this but she supposed they had bigger fish to fry. "You'd think you'd go after him for more questioning on your friends." Then again, he'd probably rather be discrete.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Tenrnn hated when she hada point but he supposed it was much too late for that.  "Maybe I should have.  But I think it's safe to say where they are now.  The Hollow isn't diificult to find out where the local military camps are.  They'd hold them in the brig long enough to get information out of them,..then execute them.  The army is notorious for its shortsightedness.  Luckily for us," he went on, "I know the location of most of these camps.  I was a soldier, once.  The nearest one is about six or seven miles due west."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai grew silent and thought this over. This little outing might prove useful to her after all.
"Sounds like you've got a plan, though I think it needs more thought. You aim to waltz just up to one of their military camps and expect them to just let us in?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"No," he grumbled.  "But I suppose I'll cross that bridge when we get to it."  Yet a cold stone in the pit of his stomach made him squeamish and wondered if he ought he ought to be so quick to dismiss ber.  "It's not like you have any ideas do you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Because of all the mage stuff and the army being recruited for internal attacks, all places like that are heavily guarded. You mean to honestly tell me you don't have a plan?" Jinai just stared at Tenran as if he were crazy, or perhaps stupid. Or both.
Then of course, he asks HER for a bright idea and she simply rolled her eyes.
"Well, if one of us was injured enough, we could stroll in begging for supplies. Claim we were attacked by mages. They'd sympathize with us right quick."
Then realizing she was the more scuffed up of the two... she backed away slowly.
"And I refuse to be the victim. How about we find a hill side with sharp rocks i can push you down? That way, we can make you looked scuffed up enough to warrant some peaceful treatment by the camp."

Lion

"Oh we vertainly could, but I doubt you'd find nearly as much enoyment in tossing me down a cliff,"Tenran glared at her but found his lips smirking involuntarily.  "But your plan may just be crazy enough to work.  But we'll need to look like we were assaulted by mages."

He stopped the horse short and slipped off the rear of it.  He helped her down and instructed her to lean against the horse.  "Okay...hit me.  I know you want to.  Now let's kill two birds with one stone!  Put up your dukes!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai just looked at him lamely.
"Mages wouldn't leave bruises from fists." She gave a roll of her eyes. "How about we make a fire and I toss you into it?" The idea made her grin wickedly as she looked him over, her green eyes dancing at the idea.

Lion

Tenran made a face at her.  She would really fight him on this.  What difference did it make what their injuries looked like?  He'd been a soldier, he'd fought a mage or two in his time, and one thing was for sure in a time of great tension like this, small encampments wouldn't take lightly, anyone that just came barging in on them.  Even if they had been attacked by mages.  Soldiers were fodder for the war machine, did what they were told, and trained to fight and kill, not babysit stray travelers.

"This isn't going to work," Tenran said after a moment, putting his hands on his hips.  "We need a better plan.  It's one thing getting in, but it's a whole other story finally getting out.  You're already injured and it won't make a difference if you throw me into a fire or down a cliff.  I was a soldier once, and I know they won't cater to us as if were just attacked by bandits or mages.  I heard about the attack on Havanlaar and you and I both know they're on high alert now more than ever.  If we're getting in, it'll have to be through stealth.  Thankfully there are still pieces of gear on this horse and some other stuff I collected.  But now we'll have to decide just how we'll disguise you as a man...since you obviously don't want to be a victim."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai raised a brow.
"Sneaking in?" A smile grew across her lips. "Why, Tenran, seems like you finally are able to get a good idea inside your head. And if we fail, we'll be killed." Her eyes sparkled. "I like it. So.. where's this gear we'll use to hide? And how well do you think you could hide me as a man?" she said, waltzing clean up to him with an extra sway to her hips.

Lion

Tenran frowned and shook his head, crossing his arms tighter over his chest.  "For one, you'll have to lose the skirt," he said, ignoring her obvious display.  "And soldiers always carry some change clothes with them for down time.  But we'll get strarted first, by taping your breasts down.  Get naked."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai raised her brows at him, her smile ever present.
"Get naked? Don't I get dinner first?"

Lion

"No, you're a dirty peasant.  You don't get dinner.  Now please, cooperate!" Tenran said as he moved to the saddle bags and pulled out rolls of bandages to wrap her chest in.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Dirty peasant?" she repeated, raising her brows as she smirked. "That's a new one. About as petty as your so quaint nick name as 'gimpy'." ANd her smile broadened as she began to slowly unlace her leather corset, the piece of clothing dropping slowly to the grass. Then she slipped off her skirts, then the rest of her armor before wearing just the last layer of her clothes-
a simple, off-white chemise that hugged at her curves. Her nipples, now hardened from the cold, pressed out against the fabric, and below, the sex between her legs, were barely covered the bottom of her shirt. Just a few more strings and she'd be fully exposed.

Yet she took her time, letting one sleeve fall off, exposing a shoulder, a bit of her cleavage, before lifting a hand and, as slowly as she could, began to unbind the final bits of leather string.

Lion

Tenran rolled his eyes again at all the clothes and layers she had to pack on.  Once it was all off, he stepped in and spread the bandages just around and underneath her front.  "Okay hold that under your arm," he instructed and moved around her as he knotted it underneath her arm before proceeding to wrap around her the rest of the way, stepping in close.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Smirking at their close proximity, Jinai leaned in closely so that when she laughed, he'd be able to feel her lips vibrating against his neck.
"Sure, I'll hold whatever I need to," she spoke, so now her breath would splay hotly and tingle across the skin of his neck.

Lion

Tenran made a face at the display and rubbed his shoulder against his ear like a child getting over something icky.  In this case, he was trying to wipe her cooties away and he made a face at her.  "You can hold your breath," he said.  "How about that?  Just hold still."

When at last the wrappings were finished, and he stuffed the final tendril deep into the folds of the rest the wrappings.  "Okay that looks good," he murmured.  "Your breasts don't look so obvious."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai raised her brows at him casually and asked,
"And were they so obvious before?"

Lion

Tenran rolled his eyes yet again.  "So let's see about you trying these pants on," he said, annoyed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai kept her grin, her eyes never leaving his as she slipped the simple pair of pants on. They were baggy, but they'd fit.
"You didn't answer my question."