Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Price to Pay to Keep the Devil Away

Started by Lion, June 15, 2013, 03:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Because there is no answer to give," he replied.  "Now just focus on getting this disguise as effective as possible.  Your big nose will be a huge help in making you look more masculine.  But your eyes, I'll need to blacken them."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai jutted her chin out, keeping her nose to the air.
"Oh, jealous?" she said, as if unphased by his comment as she stared at him through half lids.
"And you got some make up on hand? It's not like I go around, spending all my coin on coal and rouge."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"No, but I have two hands and ten knuckles," he said with a smirk.  "Brace yourself!"  He reared his arm back and shot it out toward her face, a full-on punch aimed at her left eye.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

OOC: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Jinai gasped, but it was too late and she was seeing stars, and before he'd be able to stop her, she threw her own fist back into his face, then a knee to the groin.
"ASSHOLE!" she said, wincing as she clutched a hand over her face. "Try that again I'll cut your damn balls off." And she winced,her head still in a spin. "And your dick, too."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Tenran grunted and backed away when she kneed him in the groin.  "Hey!  I'm doing you a favor!" he growled.  He rubbed at his nuts before straightening and stepping back at her.  "But good, it'll swell up nice and ripe before long," Tenran said, examining her eye.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai growled back at him.
"Want me to help you swell something of your own in return?" she asked, batting her eyes prettily at him, even as her face carried that soured scowl. "If I would have known your turn ons are beating up women, I would have given you the name of a whore I know..."

Lion

"Oh stop whining you giant blonde baby," Tenran growledaas he stalked over and grabbed the shirt up from the pile of clothes.  He outstretched her arms before slipping the soldier's shirt on her.  "Ansgar's balls it's a little too big."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai just looked at Tenran as she rolled her eyes.
"You know what else is also big?" Her eyes went down to his crotch before she smirked and turned away from him.
"Your head and ego... now help me find a stick I can beat you with it. Unless you enjoy whips, then we can serve your punishment the kinky way.... then we'd have to wait until we've got into town."

Lion

"I'll beat you with a tree if you don't shut that rat trap of yours," Tenran growled.  "I've got to take it in just a bit around the edges."  He tore the shirt from her shoulders and sat down.  He busied himself with cutting the shirt open along the seams and resewing it with extra thread he found in the saddle bags.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai sighed impatiently, folding her arms across her wrapped chest as she waited for Tenran to finish sewing the clothes up, giving a tired, bored yawn.

Lion

"Finally, some silence," Tenran growled when at least he had her shirt fixed, raggedly at best but it would at least fit her or so he hoped.  He stood and held the thing out for her to try on once more before tying it roughly back over her chest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai only smirked at his comment, keeping her arms folded, but moving them only when directed. And she kept her eyes on him - but said absolutely nothing, even as she believed she saw some figures moving in the dark.... instead, the look in her eyes simply became more smug and playful, as if she were keeping some sort of secret.

Lion

Tenran was completely oblivious to the approach of a stranger's shadow behind him.  He only saw Jinai's smirk when he came around to face her again and he said nothing, only making a face before turning his head out toward the darkness.  The figure must have hidden away for he saw nothing once more.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai saw where they had gone, and her expression became more blatant as she stared up at Tenran in silence, but kept her tongue to herself.

Lion

Tenran calmed his nerves but turned to look back at Jinai.  He frowned at her.  "What the hell are you smiling about?"  But it was a short lived thought when he suddenly felt something sharp prick his neck.  Tenran stared at her funnily before his breath hitching and he suddenly fell down on the ground with a dart sticking out of his neck.

Another quick whistling sound and another dart that landed right into Jinai's neck.  And the figures, three of them, cloaked in black, emerged from the trees to collect their prizes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well, we can't kill them..." came a voice.

"No, of course not. Jinai is one of us," came another.

"Just wonder what she was doing out here."

"Well, not all of her missions are always known to us. She's a scout for Home, after all, and we can't just assume we know anything."

"Well, there are the letters.."

And then a hushed voice had them silent as they realized Jinai began to stir. Sitting up, Jinai flinched at the head ache that hit her like a brick wall and grabbed at her temple before glancing around to the fire nestled inside a camp.. and then around to note..
It was night time, though morning was clearly on it's way. Looking then towards the shadowy figures nearby, she took her gaze from then, then down to Tenran, who.. the sight of him in ropes, made her smirk.

"Mornin' Jinai, hope you slept well!" said Meriwether, a bit TOO happy and large woman who was working at stirring up some stew over a giant kettle. "Sorry about the poison dart, but you and your friend will have the effect worn off in no time. In the mean time.. care for a cup of soup?" She grinned, her rotting teeth glistening off the orange crackling glow of the fire. "It's deermish- my own special recipe!"

Lion

If Tenran thought his head would hurt like he'd been struck in the head with a stone, he would be right.  He was hanging upside down of course and the sensation of blood rushing to his head did nothing to help him feel any better, or anymore at home.  Whoever had struck him, the poison had done well and worked quickly and he could hear the faint chatter of friendly voices - they just weren't friendly to him. 

He groaned and opened his eyes, watching Jinai and some other heavyset woman sitting down at a small table  - well it was really a fallen tree stump - eating something out of small carved bowls.  He frowned and felt his head throb all the more from any kind of expressive motion of his face.  "Hey," he muttered, surprised to find his own voice devoid of anger.  "Could I have some of that?  Smells awful good."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was then Meriwether turned to the sound of the voice, as did Jinai.

"Landsake's! We had this bloke all tied up cause we weren't sure what to make of him. Even if he was with you, we couldn't be certain if he be friend or foe.." the large woman began.

"Well, he was taking me to the nearby soldier camp to sell me for my ransom," Jinai began.
Meriwether gasped. "Well, you know, for that hefty price ontop of my head.."

And the large woman turned from jovial, to imposing.
She began to suddenly mutter in another language, "Then we keep him in ropes!" the woman said frantically, gaining hte attention of the rest of the camp.

Jinai just observed.

Lion

Tenran groaned at his quickly increasing headache from being hung upside down.  He flopped uselessly and wiggled his boots a little, to no use.  "Aw, come on!  I just want a bite!  Maybe some water.  You can keep me in ropes!  I'll eat it with no utensils either!"  He frowned at Jinai, but it quickly grew bitter.  One thing was for sure, he knew he had this coming.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai peered over at Meriwether when Tenran was making his requests, and she pointed her big spoon at him and wagged it dangerously close to his head.
"Don't be barking out requests to me!" she said. "We'll keep you in ropes all day, all week, or all month if we wish!"
Jinai's smirk grew as she watched the woman berate Tenran, and before she went ahead to bash Tenran over the head witht he spoon, Jinai simply replied, "Give him at least some water. I bet our friend here has quite the head ache." And she kept the same smirk as she looked Tenran directly int he eyes. What was the little gimped- ex- soldier going to do now?