Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Price to Pay to Keep the Devil Away

Started by Lion, June 15, 2013, 03:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Here," Tenran said as he reached behind the door and offered a travel pack much like his own.  "Just the basics.  Some bread, jerky, a blanket and bandages. I have some extra salve for your wounds.  Sorry about that.  We should head out now."  He didn't mean it of course and it was enough that he apologized anyway.

He grabbed her by the arm nonetheless and pulled her along with him as he shut the door to Cartwright's hut.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Well, that was awfully kind of him. Too bad it wasn't her pack. She doubted this one even had any good supplies. So when he took her by the arm and pulled her outside, she gave the back of his head a soured look and let him guide her, but not without childishly dragging her feet. She wasn't about to make this easy on him, and she wasn't buying any of his lame apologies, either.
"You apologize but you still owe me one of those bolt guns. ANd when you give it to me, don't worry, I'll be sure to pay you back in kindness."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I owe you nothing except a good kick in the ass," Tenran snapped.  "You put me through as many hoops as you could just to get mine back.  You wouldn't even know how to use it properly, you lowlife wench."  Tenran shoved her foreward into the path.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"That's right, I forget dogs don't keep promises," she said, walking a bit lighter in her step, and a bit quicker, despite her leg hurting like hell. She just didn't want to be closer to Tenran than she had to. She also wished her bird was nearby. If anything, Feather'swing could at least swoop down and poop on his head.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"That's right.  And every dog has his day," Tenran muttered as he let go of her at last.  "Your head will fetch a hefty price ith the local magistrate.  Any mage sympathizers are rounded up for the weight in gold."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

As they walked along, she rubbed at her arm that was now free. He didn't have to hold her so roughly. Now she'd probably bruise. Though she perked up at his words, and only smirked over her shoulder at him.
"You really have... no idea do you?"
Did her face being plastered ALL over Reajh never make it into Tenran's line of sight? She had quite the hefty bounty on her head. Pity for him it was ALIVE only. No one wanted her dead. After the fiasco with Torak at the Grand Duke's coronation, they were unsure what to make of the woman who had all but vanished from the scene since that day. But she had a ton of work to do... and hd been visiting her family to inform them about her brother's death.. even though she didn't care too much for them in the end. They still had a right to know.
"How do you know I'm not just worth a bag of coals?" she said playfully, walking a bit faster now to keep infront.

Lion

[So much for effective disguises.]

Tenran looked at her and gave her an obvious glare.  Of couse he knew she was a wanted woman and knew exactly how much she was worth, value going up a little bit day by day.  He'd gathered that much the moment they met.  But wasn't going to let her know that.  He just shrugged and scratched at his beard.  "Even coal is valuable, wench," he replied.  "Or maybe I'd be better off selling you as a piece of meat on a slave block."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: lol
He could hide her face in a book or something? XD that is, if he wanted to creep around with her B|

---------

"Oh, so you ARE into the slave thing,"s he said, turning around and grinning at him coldly as she hobbled along swiftly. "Kinky."

Lion

"Only when it brings good coin," Tenran muttered with an eye roll.  "Keep your eyes in front of you.  Never know when a noose is waiting for you on the road."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai raised her brows at him,but kept on looking. "I thought I was staring at my noose?" and she looked him over as her grin grew wider.

Lion

"Knowing you, you won't stay noosed for long.  Your kind never do," Tenran replied and nudged her forward.  "You'll find a way to get out and try and seek revenge.  But you'll fail like you always do, and then I might not be so nice as to shoot you in the leg then.  And I might not be so lucky.  I never am."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I don't know, seems to me you were quite lucky when you were able to get that letter. And who's to say I'm ever that lucky? I mean, if you think about it, I'm acquaintances with you." ANd her grin remained upon her lips, eyes still looking right at him as she walked.

Lion

He frowned at her, quite irritated.  "Luck had nothing to do with it," he growled and grabbed her injured shoulder to try and turn her back toward facing the road.  "It was skill and skill alone that's carried me this far, and will continue to do so for as long as I live.  Skill will last you a lifetime.  And when you rely solely on luck, as you do, eventually your luck will eventually run out."

Tenran shoved her forward and purposefully hooked his right foot in front of her nearest ankle in order to trip her up and stepping away once more.  "I'm surprised you're not screaming from that knee right now," he snapped.  "Pick yourself up, soldier.  It's a long road ahead."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

As much as it hurt, as much as the pain jolted through her like a bolt of lighting, Jinai didn't scream. Even when her face was first in the dirt. For a while, she remained there, spitting rocks out from between her teeth as she pushed herself up, but found it difficult. Her legs were weak from the pain, and the injuries were now throbbing.

But she drew in a careful breath, before, after great effort, found herself back on her feet again. This would be a long walk indeed.

Lion

Tenran watched her struggle, but there was no satisfaction in it.  He'd never been the kind of man to want to watch another person suffer, and gain pleasure because of it.  Instead, he did the only instinctual thing he could think of and grabbed her by the back of her shirt, as she helped herself nonetheless.  He didn't ask her permission, didn't even care that she would protest before grabbing her good arm and throwing it over his shoulder to help her along the road.

"Keeping the scream in doesn't make it hurt any less," he said matter-of-factly, looking straight ahead.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai released an angered sigh through her nose. She had tried to protest what he was doing, but just made a soured expression, avoiding his gaze as he helped her along. SHe was getting really tired of men stabbing her int he back, then trying to help her ten seconds later, only, you know, to try to kill her or stab her again.

OOC: Short post is short XD

Lion

"We both have every reason to pummel each other into the dirt, but where would we be if that happened?" Tenran said, not expecting her to answer as he helped her limp along.  "You took my gun, sent my on a wild goose chase throughout the capital, then drugged me and now here you are trying to disrupt my work.  I take my work very seriously.  What would you know about commitment anyway?  ...Ansgar's beard...what would I know?"  At that thought, Tenran shook his head, remembering his divorce and the details therein.

He supposed some things just couldn't be helped.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She just ignored him, his words only seeking to raise the temperature in her blood. He had no idea. He was right. He had no fucking idea. ANd if she could drug him right now and make a get away, she would. ANd because she couldn't, she felt even more bitter. Perhaps she had been spoiled all of those years, easily slipping in and out of the scene...
but now that shit was hitting the fan and all of Connlaoth was turning into a blood bath, it seemed her luck was running out. But then again...
why did she even care?
But this wasn't about her, it was about everyone else, the mages suffering, just like her brother had and...

Renna..

If anything, she'd find a way to get her revenge for her brother's death. The Grand Duke would fall, and Renna would find all of the answers.
That was.. if she could keep her alive. THe only question was, how was she to know where the letter had gone? Tenran sure as hell wasn't going to tell her and she was pretty sure, since he knew her well enough, probably almost all of her drugs were plucked from her person.. even the hard to reach ones.

Lion

Tenran had never been one for words.  He'd been a soldier, a captain, and now he was taking in his latest catch to cash in at the magistrate's office.  But he couldn't help but feel as if there was something lurking in the back of his mind.  "Why were you after that letter?" he found himself asking, turning to look at her with hardened eyes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"To stop it from reaching it's destination," she said coldly, not even bothering to look his way.