Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Price to Pay to Keep the Devil Away

Started by Lion, June 15, 2013, 03:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Tenran stopped and turned to face her, holding onto her jaw with a powerful hand, but not pressing in just yet.  "Why?  What is so important about that letter?" he pressed.  "That was my job.  Headed for a man named Jaimie Rastognlir.  But...I get the feeling you were trying to stop it for a different reason than I.  Why?  Tell me!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Her eyes widened whens he felt him pull her face in his direction. And she snapped, letting out a noise of frustration as she socked a fist clean into his face.
"Don't you touch me!" she shouted, tearing herself away from him now and almost falling onto her own ass int he process. "Gods, if you touch me again I swear to God I'll make you regret it." And her eyes were burning with hot tears. GOD DAMN IT. Now was not the time for her to lose her cool. Especially not in front of him.

"And what is it to you? A job is a job. Well, I don't take jobs." she cut back at him, and turned away, simply walking down the path, ignoring the pain in her limbs, I her leg with each step she took. She could walk on her own. She dind't need god damn Tenran to help her out. God damn pathetic men. All of them were pigs, crazy bastards only looking out for themselves!

OOC:.... lol
angst from her other thread is coming out here 8D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Tenran followed behind her, holding his cheek where her fist had landed quite hard.  He looked at her with narrow eyes, but his rage had yet to come out.  "It matters!  What was in that letter!?" He turned to stop her path, body block her in the least and paused.  "You may not answer to a job, but I do.  I was paid to retrieve that letter and return it to its sender.  Does the name Elryn mean anything to you?  Someone who may know something that they shouldn't have?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai looked back at him, glaring daggers from where he stood. But at the names, her eyes widened, but she set her jaw, determined not to talk.
"You and are I not from the same world, Tenran. Telling you anything I know would only put others in more harm than good." Considering, Tenran, despite having seen a few of the things Jinai had done for the mages, was someone she just could not trust. And in fact, she trusted nobody. Not even her closest allies sometimes.
"Now move past," she said between her teeth. "We've go ta long way to go before you're going to turn me in."
And if she had to, she'd turn it into a road of Hell.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"No," Tenran said, blocking her path again.  "I think we both know something more is at stake here...  And I know you know something you shouldn't.  What is it?  What does Elryn know that he shouldn't!?"  Tenran didn't care to kick her while she was down, but nor was he going to let her get off that easy.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai narrowed her gaze upon him hatefully. Her blood was really beginning to boil.
"Cut out my tongue and make me speak then," she told him curtly, getting just a few inches into his face. "Because there's a war going on Tenran, and this isn't a game. And I'm not about to tell you just anything you want." And her eyes looked him over, before they returned back to his face before she sneered. "Tch. I don't even trust my own allies, why would I tell anything to you?"

Lion

"I'm quite well-aware where your loyalties lie.  I've seen enough to have you hanged," Tenran said, but he clenched his jaw and resisted the urge to slap her.  "And you know me enough to know that I take well to playing games.  But I do understand the meaning of business and this goes beyond business.  Someone like you wouldn't be after a mis-sent letter if it wasn't of some dire importance.  If you tell me what is so important about it...I'll give you the letter."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

JInai was about ready to clock him, when her face fell at what he said. Her eyes widened.
"You still have it?" Then she grew angry and shoved him away, angrily. "YOU LIE!"

Lion

Tenran stumbled backwards.  He peered at her and reached into his jacket.  He pulled out the crumbled scroll, but held it in an iron fist.  "And you believed me," he said.  "How could I make it sheer across Connlaoth in a single night?  Don't be a fool.  You shot me after all, and it was a nasty wound at that.  Cartwright said he'd have to hang the musket ball  on his wall in commemoration.  But that isn't the point.  Now I'm going to ask you one more time: What is in the letter?  And how is Elryn connected to it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai grit her teeth. He was right. How could she be so stupid? SHe almost could have smiled, almost. But she kept a hardened glare on Tenran after she tore her eyes from the letter.

"Lord Elyrn is a mage,"s he stated simply. "You don't need to know more than that."
And a mage that was too powerful and too stupid to be in such the precarious position he was in. Renna was just another one of his customers, but the man played another vital role, and someone Renna had to appease in order for them to get closer to their enemy. It was a horrible situation for the girl, considering Jinai knew she was still young and pulling her heart strings elsewhere but...

This wasn't the time to think about it. She'd keep quiet about the courtesan for now. But even still, what did Tenran care?

Lion

"I had a feeling," Tenran breathed. He scrunched the letter harder in his grip, still keeping it out of her reach.  "But if Elryn is a mage, and he sent this letter by accident, how does that tie into the woman that this letter is about.  Elryn gave me some information, but not enough.  Or shall I just break the seal and open the letter for myself?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai narrowed her gaze.
"Because Elyrn is an idiot and men are fools with love. He wanted to slander the courtesan he is seeing. But I think he had second thoughts when she came back to him. I was sent here to intercept it after I found out what that dog did." She hardened her gaze on him, setting her jaw before looking him over then letting her green eyes meet to his. "He was playing a dangerous game, as are you. How many know about this letter? ANd who really sent you after it." She narrowed her gaze upon him suspiciously. "It had to be worth a ton of money for the shots you put in my legs."
And if she turned int a cripple over it.. so help the Gods, Tenran would pay.

Lion

Tenran narrowed his eyes and shook his head.  He scratched his beard with a confused hand but he inspected the letter soon afterward.  He didn't understand....  He was trying to slander the name of a courtesan, but why?  When he was a mage himself...  And in the high court of the government.  "Elryn hired me," he said.  "Face to face.  I was hired to take it back and return it to him.  The look about him when we spoke.  He was nervous somehow...as if somebody was after him and only told me as much as I've told you.  I don't know who this woman is, but obviously this was a mistake.  And he sent me to correct it.  If he was trying to slander her name...someone else got to him first and had enough proof to make him want to take it back."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I don't know the reason behind it, I just know the girl didn't want that letter getting out."S he paused, hesitating before admitting, "She's a friend. A friend of the cause. Not that it matters.. to you."

OOC: Yeah.. TO YOU
STINKY
XP

Lion

"You're right, it doesn't matter to me, but I see now that if someone is after Elryn because of this letter, I see now it can't be the same person who sent you after it.  Someone else knows, and I don't think it was the person this letter was addressed to.  The question is who, and how did they know?"  Tenran moved back beside her after stuffing the letter back into his jacket.

He pulled her arm back over his shoulder and nudged her to get moving.  "Here's the plan: You'll get the letter after I deliver you to the magistrate's.  I'll give you a few picks, even your blow dart gun back to help you make your miraculous escape: AFTER, I've been paid.  I'll even keep my word on splitting the bounty with you.  Then you get the letter.  But you have to help me find out who is after Elryn.  Is that a deal?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai heard him loud and clear, but found herself simply glaring at his head as he pulled her in close by throwing her arm over his shoulder.

"Why do you care about Elyrn... " Frankly, she herself could care less for Elyrn, except he held a most precarious position in this war. He was an ass, that was for sure, and only thought of himself, the arrogant prick. Even if Renna didn't love him, was he really willing to risk his own life? He probably didn't realize the consequences, but then again... he groaned a lot. And she, too, was curious as to who mght have known about the letter and she drew in a careful breath.

"You have a tempting offer, but I'm not a fool. I could never escape a prison in this condition. and I'd bet you'd leave me there to rot to sell that thing to somebody else the moment you have me behind bars. So how about you swallow your own piss and leave me out of whatever money schemes you have."

Lion

Tenran wouldn't admit it to her, but he knew there was more at stake than just what money, Elryn had promised him.  There was a mole in a position of power, and with the faint news that there had been slaughter in Havanlaar, Tenran knew it was only a matter of time before it got worse.  And he feared in that moment what would happen to Liana.

Tenran looked at her with a frown.  "It's not about the money..." he shook his head.  "But you know more than I do when it comes to this..."  He sighed.  "But I guess, I'm asking too much from someone like you...  What's important to you anyhow?  You don't even trust your own allies."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai grew quiet at his words. He struck a nerve, and felt her eyes prickling with tears. But she was not about to cry infront of Tenran. She was not about to let him see her so weak. She she swallowed the knot away in her throat, and hoped her bangs were hanging over far enough down before her eyes to mask the faint beginnings of tears.

Lion

Tenran didn't see anything in accordance with tears.  But he heard a sniffle and he looked down discreetly, seeing faint moisture glittering on the side of her eyes.  He kept walking, feeling awkward and if he didn't know any better, he might have paused to slap some sense into her.  But who would have that helped.  Instead he paused and with the arm he had around her waist, he raised it and put it around her shoulder, pulling her in for an awkward hug.  At least for the moment.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai didn't know what Tenran was trying to pull, so when the hug came,s he tensed up,a nd after a moment, instincts kicked in as she pushed him. UNfortunately for her, they were too wrapped around one another so that hwen this happened, it not only disrupted his balance, but her own as well. And with a yelp, the pair went down, Jinai falling unceremoniously ontop of him with a wince. And then, looking down into his face, she grit her teeth and sat up upon him.
"What are you trying to pull!?" she said, getting defense right quick, and wish her leg didn't feel like a thousand flames were scorching and pulling it right now, or else she would have crawled right off of him. They were far too close for comfort and the pains shooting up her legs brought more tears to her already prickling eyes.

OOC: So much win loool