Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Some Long Deserved Answers (Eveline)

Started by Brisinger987, June 15, 2013, 05:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eveline

Laughed and nodded "Yessir!" Gave a salute and marched out of the house "And I hope you know a horse is trying to eat your brains" grinned at her father.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz made the horse fade away, and his hair grew back. He felt himself become slightly proud of himself. He had made his daughter happy.

Kirnardaz followed, and upon entering the house threshold, collapsed in agony under the emanating presence of a holy symbol.

"DAMMIT!"

Eveline

"Dad!" Eleni called out frantically and ran towards the door, "Dad, are you okay?" She asked worriedly as she knelt beside him. She looked up at the symbol "What's that? What does it mean?" Her voice was tinged with fright as she held onto her father gently and stared up at the pure symbol.

Brisinger987

"It's a holy symbol, and it hurts me a lot, I was too caught up in the moment of spending time with you to think about it. Turn it upside down if you can? That inverts it's powers, makes me slightly stronger..." Kirnardaz hit the floor in frustrated pain. Of all the times to be stupid, he does it when his daughter is around.

Eveline

The girl nodded and stood up to touch the symbol. She hissed at the burning sensation that she felt when she made contact with the holy symbol. She quickly tugged on it, turning it upside down. The pain subsided soon enough but she still pulled her hand away, holding it to her chest.

Brisinger987

The moment he heard Eleni hiss in pain, his brain went into overdrive, and snapped the symbol. Then he needed to make sure she was ok.

"Are you ok? I forgot that holy symbols will hurt you as well. I can only apologise."

Eveline

She sighed and shook out her hand, "Im fine." She insisted, "So why was that even there? I didn't see it there...!"

Brisinger987

"The masters of this establishment must have a religious fascination. Bah, the gods have no time for any of their followers, only time to argue over petty subjects. Demons have replaced them as the interactive higher powers of the worlds." If they were lucky, there would just be one. Hopefully the master of the house would not carry one.

Eveline

"Should we move on to the next house?" Asked a bit concerned, putting a hand on his shoulder. At first she was upset with him, leaving her for all those years but he seemed to have an answer for every reason she had to hate him. Besides, after not having your father there for so long, she couldn't help but crumble and give into his apologizes. Honestly, she missed him and her mother and now that he was here, Eleni felt particularly vulnerable. The idea of getting her only family ripped out from under her again threw her off guard completely. Perhaps she really was just a little girl inside who's been trying to act strong. So, now, all she could do was fret. Pathetic. This was nothing-- just a small burn; an ache. But the concern written on her face and reflected in her eyes refused to go away.. Yes, like this she really looked like the lost little girl she used to be.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz walked to the doorway into the next room, taking great care not to cross the threshold between rooms, wary of more religious symbols. He would not let them hurt Eleni under any circumstance.

"Yes. Let's. This house is littered with symbols and icons that will harm us both." Kirnardaz could feel an ever growing presence in the rooms around.

Something bigger than them was watching. A god perhaps, deciding if the two were causing too much mischief. Or a demon, hungry for Eleni's soul.

Or the ghost of a long lost loved one, unable to interact.

Eveline

Eleni simply nodded, unaware of the growing presence in the room. She pushed a strand of hair away from her eyes and held her cloak closer around herself.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz thought about burning this household, but thought that Eleni might not be too happy with that. She was probably going to be his calming force, and that meant he wouldn't be able to.

"Come. We'll exit the way we came."

Eveline

"Okay," nodded, following close behind her father, glancing around the house again, staring at the items scattered around the rooms curiously.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz bolted next door, extending his psychic presence into the room first, using some ghostly clairvoyance to see what was in the room. Nothing. Dust and cobwebs.

"Something tells me we need to go in here." Kirnardaz opened the door, inviting Eleni in.

Eveline

The young girl walked into the house curiously, hoping it was safer than the last "Is anyone in here?" Asked her father as she already began walking around cautiously.

Brisinger987

"This place is haunted sweetheart. By what I don't know..." Kirnardaz treaded cautiously, as he knew anything could pop round the corner now.

Eveline

Blinked "Wha-- then why are we here?" Glanced past him curiously, not sure what to expect.

Brisinger987

"I don't know. Something bigger than me is nearing though. More powerful. Something ascended from human form." Kirnardaz worried that some form of ascended being like Angsar was near, someone easily capable of killing Eleni. But it was unlikely.

More likely someone dead turned angel for their kindness.

Eveline

"Ascending from human form..? Like an angel?" Asked curiously  looking upwards. This place definitely had an eerie feel to it, though, it's not like it bothered her. Suddenly a thought hit her, "Father," the term still felt foreign on her tongue, "How much longer before this spell wears off?" She could feel the presence of the lingering souls around her slightly fade.

Brisinger987

The instant he opened his mouth, his form exploded, and the spell broke, placing the ashes left of Kirnardaz, and Eleni, back into the real world. A brilliant looking angel stood at the other end of the room, lips curled into a snarl, as she looked at the demon's remains.

"That was pathetic. You there. Mortal. Do you promise to repent your demonic nature? Do you promise to reject your heritage?" Unbeknownst to the Angel, and possibly Eleni, the ashes were evaporating into a black smoke, which was filling the room.