Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The cake is a lie (Brisinger987)

Started by paganchick, June 18, 2013, 02:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Sapphira laughed as she looked at his glass before shrugging.
"It happens," She spoke before finishing her glass quickly.
"I don't think you brought enough, I drink like I am dying of thirst, of course you didn't know that."

Brisinger987

"It's a good thing I had the bottle enchanted to refill itself once empty then, hm? Never hurts to have a magic bottle." Veraxitoc finished his glass, then poured himself and Sapphira another glass each.

paganchick

"Good thing indeed," Sapphira spoke after her glass was once again filled. This could turn out good or bad, two people drinking who just got done arguing and were very possibly near fighting. Still she didn't care, alcohol was alcohol.

Brisinger987

"Well I for one would like to apologise for my actions earlier. I was stupid, immature, and I let my emotions control me. So I say, I am sorry." Instead of taking another drink, he just waited to hear what she would say.

paganchick

"Everyone is controlled by their emotions, it is training yourself to change your reactions to those emotions that is a sign of maturity," Sapphira responded before taking herself another big drink of the Vodka.

Brisinger987

"I know for a fact that I am virtually the same as I was when I was 165. So perhaps I do need to mature. Change. I need that."Veraxitoc took the rest of his glass. He'd not felt this tingly feeling before. It was nice.

paganchick

"I wouldn't suspect anything else, one cannot mature if one is asleep. Life is what makes one mature, through it hardships and victories, sleep doesn't force you through things there for it cannot help you," Sapphira replied before finishing off her drink.

Brisinger987

"Sometimes those of my species who had slept after heartbreak died. I suppose I was hoping I was that heartbroken. I guess not." Veraxitoc downed the rest of his glass, and felt it rush to his head.

"And the sensation I am now feeling is called?"

paganchick

"Probably just a buzz, and I don't know how much liquor you can drink, but after a buzz comes being drunk, I myself have never been drunk, I can barely drink enough to maintain a slight buzz," Sappira spoke, choosing not to comment on him hoping to die before he went to sleep.
"Dying doesn't end the chance of things getting worse, it ends the chance of things getting better," She finally spoke after a pause.

Brisinger987

"Does it? I've always seen death as the quickest route to peace, but I do not kill, it weighs on my conscience too much now. I have killed too many for nothing, sent them to the depths of the hells and heights of heaven. I've always wondered what death would be like." Veraxitoc sighed.

paganchick

"Death will come for you in its own time, to seek it out is foolish, that is what I was trying to say, to wish for death means you give up on the hope of things getting better, it is a great sign of weakness. It is the coward's way out. It is like a soldier running from battle," Sapphira explained as she raised her eyebrow.

Brisinger987

"I understand what you mean, but is the cowards route the safest? They call it a fight or flight instinct, not a fight instinct. Flight must have a significant role in survival, no? A deer does not fight the dragon about to eat it, it runs. It is a cowardly move, but it furthers the purpose of the individual deer. To copulate and reproduce. The deer that runs the fastest gets the mates, not the stupid ones that stand and fight." Veraxitoc enjoyed philosophical debates, as much as he did politics.

paganchick

"Fight or flight, exactly, it doesn't stand there waiting to get eaten does it?" Sapphira asked simply.

Brisinger987

"That is a fair point. What do you suppose happens to the deer that stand there waiting to get eaten then? If you were the dragon in this situation, and your prey just stared you down, would you eat it?"

paganchick

"It sounds now that you are trying to debate a tangent, suicide is not part of the fight or flight mind set of survival, it isn't instinct like fight or flight, animals of that level of thinking do not pick suicide," Sapphira spoke her face as cold as ice and as hard as stone.

Brisinger987

"To kill 800 innocent men and women, kill the last 6 other Nightspinners, and to serve a demon lord, and then she stood in front of me, admitted it, and begged me to kill her. Did I make the right choice?" Veraxitoc wanted her opinion, he valued it. He wanted to know his decision was justified.

paganchick

Sapphira shrugged, "That is something you have to come to terms with on your own. Do you think it was worth it? Do you feel you made the right choice even though it was a hard decision? My opinion doesn't matter when it comes down to it, what matters is how you feel about it, if you think what you did was justified, was right. Everyone's moral standings and values are different. Something I can see as justified and easy to get over can be something you find extremely hard to. So that question, my friend, is something you have to ask yourself."

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc sat quiet for a minute, then replied.

"Yes, it was justified. She would have had to kill hundreds more if I hadn't killed her." Veraxitoc felt himself a little lighter.

paganchick

"Then there is your answer, not you just have to come to terms with the reality of it, with what you had to do," Sapphira spoke with a shrug before finishing off her glass.

Brisinger987

"I know what I did, and that it happened. I just couldn't bear thinking that I had made the wrong choice. Perhaps the Vodka helped my mind?" Veraxitoc beckoned to the bottle, seeing if she wanted more.