Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The cake is a lie (Brisinger987)

Started by paganchick, June 18, 2013, 02:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

"Alcohol never helps the mind with decision, it only fogs it up, never make decisions while drunk, you will regret it in the morn'n," Sapphira spoke with a laugh as she nodded, wanting more Vodka.

Brisinger987

"We learn from our mistakes, it is the only way to truly learn." Veraxitoc poured her another drink from the bottle, and topped his own glass up.

paganchick

"I disagree with that. The stupid never learn, being of average intelligence learn from experience, smart beings, well, they learn from the experience of others," Sapphira spoke with a bit of a chuckle before taking another big drink of vodka.

Brisinger987

"But only an idiot will put his hand in the way of a fire twice, or fall for the same trap three times. An idiot is someone who repeats the same test or process over and over again, expecting different results. A learner is someone with enough intelligence to know that at least one thing the person was doing should change every time."  Veraxitoc grinned at his own comment. He took another drink of vodka and strengthened his resolve. He knew the drink would get to him eventually.

paganchick

"You basically repeated what I said in different words," Sapphira pointed out with a sigh. The grin on his face suddenly started to annoy her. Did he think himself clever? She sighed, shaking her head and downing the rest of her glass of vodka.

Brisinger987

"In essence. My bad." He took another drink and sighed himself. His face straightened, as he looked around to get a grip on the time.

"Well, I suppose I should ask, what are your opinions on the colony so far?"

paganchick

"I'm not sure you want to hear them just yet, give me a chance to see more good if you don't want harsh frankness, which is what you would get now," Sapphira spoke honestly as she looked over at Veraxitoc.
"You must remember what I have encountered the day and a half I have been here. A disrespectful, out of control teen, and emotionally unstable leader that  called me a cow," Sapphira spoke with a shrug.

Brisinger987

"Of course. So those points for improvement then?" Veraxitoc was trying to make a productive conversation at least, not just a conversation. Perhaps it would go badly, and it would lead to a different conversation.

paganchick

"Much room for improvement," Sapphira spoke as she poured herself some more vodka.
"Really, the girl is going to get herself into trouble with her attitude. If I had met her outside of this place she would probably be dead, I don't take disrespect lightly," Sapphira added after a moment.

Brisinger987

"Very well. I will have a few stern words." Veraxitoc went to get up, but fell back in the chair. He had no clue how to get up to go and get something. He was useless.

"Um, this is embarrassing, I've sat down, and have no piggin' clue how to get back up..."

paganchick

"Well, you are probably a little tipsy, so you might not want to rush off anywhere. The alcohol will start messing with your balances," Sapphira spoke as she stood with ease.
"The best way I can describe getting up is to lean slightly forward then push up with your legs like you were trying to jump up, but with less force."

Brisinger987

"Ok, I will bear that in mind." Veraxitoc tried what she had said. With no complication but one.

He ended up flat on his face.

He started laughing at his own stupidity. "Owhahahaha!"

paganchick

"I think you might be feeling some of the effects of the alcohol," Sapphira said as she reached down.
"Here, take my hand, I will help you up," She added as she held her hand down so he could take it. Her form may appear a bit weak, but if one assumed that they would be wrong, she was much stronger than she appeared, she was a dragon, not a human after all. She could have probably picked Veraxitoc up if she really wanted to.

Brisinger987

"Thank you, yes, you are probably right, I should stop while I am still conscious." He smiled as she helped him up. He remembered that there was a room not far down the hall that was free. He didn't even realise that Seh'lvah was in the room between Sapphira and Veraxitoc.

"I think it best if I stop, no doubt I will suffer for this in the morning." He didn't know if it was the alcohol, or the way he felt, but he thought to say it.

"Excuse me speaking my mind, but I really can't stop thinking about how much I like you. I know it is stupid considering that our past two days have not been the best possible days. But I thought it best to speak my mind." Veraxitoc didn't feel shy about it. At least he knew what he was saying.

paganchick

"Here, let me help you, we don't need you falling and hurting yourself do we?" Sapphira spoke gently, completely ignoring Veraxitoc's talk about thinking about all the time. It had been a while since her mate had died but she wasn't even ready to think about liking someone else. Sometimes it took centuries for wounds to heal.

Brisinger987

"Thank you." She helped him up, and he stood, regaining his balance.

"Well, I best be off, I have things to do." He spoke in the manner of someone worried about something, but he felt calm.

paganchick

"I don't think you are really in the right mind to being doing anything, you did drink a bit of alcohol, and I doubt you are really used to drinking so, you should sleep it off, let me help you to a room before you fall down the steps or something," Sapphira said, reaching out. gently grabbing his elbow.

Brisinger987

"Ok then. I will sleep here for tonight. Or I can fly up to my peak, haha... That was a joke..." He appreciated the help. He was a wrecking ball when he had alcohol in his system.

paganchick

Sapphira guided his arm over her shoulder so she could help him keep his balance.
"Okay, lets go find a room before you fall and hurt yourself or something," She said as she started leading him to the door.

Brisinger987

"Three doors down is empty... No, two. The one next door has Shamgar and Seh'lvah living there..." He walked with her and realised what he had said.

"You don't, uh, mind her being next door do you?"